1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Never type that.

Only say it out loud.

2. tkioz

tkioz Getting sticky.

Behind your hand so they can't lipread it? :p

Ryuketsu, TatsuZZmage, Jiven and 16 others like this.
  3. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

There's that. And then there the one who are obsessed with their own "DON'T YOU DARE PITY ME!" bullshit. There are always idiots ready and willing to make trouble for utterly stupid reasons.

4. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

This is a distinction I haven't observed in practice. Typically it's to start off claiming that, but somehow the claim transforms into the broader one. Add debunked data coming up over and over and the repetition of points refuted a thousand times and you might think you were arguing with creationists. TanaNari dropping it in here is completely believable based on my experience.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    daimahou, Inverness and TanaNari like this.
  5. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Nope. Ma'ams is a totally common (if mostly limited to the southern USA) usage of the language.

Kinda had to. Makes sense, anyway.

And it is appreciated. Now if the rest of the stragglers would do the same, I can literally have more likes than the rest of the top ten list combined! No, probably not, but I COULD have ~8-9000 more likes than I do have. And that'd come pretty close.

And added. Even more reason to ship Alexandria and Lisa. :p They have so much in common.

I swear I've seen this creepypasta before... hundreds of times, actually... I think the first time was for Pokemon...

Well, if you're going to get mail in death threats, these are probably where they came from.

Yup. In the same way that, for the most part, humans are perfectly rational creatures that don't need to be driven extinct for the wellbeing of the rest of the cosmos.

... And then there's the rest of them...

6. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

=/

Direct your attention to the last update in the article tkloz linked. A couple "designed" their child to be deaf so it could be like them. I... I have the words for what I think of this but they aren't really appropriate or relevant for this thread.

Good chapter TanaNari.

7. dasstan

dasstan :)

To Pantheon
    1 Magic Treehouse Lane
    Brockton Bay, NH 03801
    No, really, what's their mailing address? Or do they just use a PO box?

8. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

No need to bother with that.

Just scream really loud out your window for Khepri. If you get swarmed by a bunch of bees then you'll know you need to give them the later.

Well, hopefully that is what they want.

9. fireball900

fireball900 World Conqueror (not Overlord)

What the... How the fuck???

I have no idea where they could have begun.

10. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Nice update, it was good to see how the Pantheon negociates with the different PRT directors and how they each do their own thing, in a way one could almost see that as Feudal lords doing their business as they please. Proposing a synergy between the adepts and Haven was funny given that after the pantheon itself the adepts must be the group the rubs the christian capes the wrong way the most with their magic theme. Eh would be funny if that gave birth to yet another inter team couple.

Now the thing about the Heartbroken kid is bad IMHO on many levels, not only because of what he does but also because they are basically using a traumatized child as a vicious prison cell, the Pantheon would better make a batch of master cure that cures his effect.

11. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

That's because that story was written by a mod.

Anyways: So we get some more Pantheon being diplomatic (Read: Being awesome until the other side has no choice but to acquiesce). This is a tricky area since Pantheon is moving into the area of law enforcement, but isn't chartered like the PRT/Protectorate. I wonder if there's a similar deal in the works for them?

12. Inverness

At least they didn't have a gravity cannon.

13. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

They had a tinker, so maybe they did have a gravity cannon, and it just didn't make the preliminary report.

14. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

Remember that the Ambassadors are as a rule crazy overpowered. Each and every member was a particularly compentent and trusted member of Accords organization BEFORE he got them a top-tier Cauldron vial. The dude has ludicrous amounts of cash and a thinker power that is superior to PtV in certain areas - he can get top-tier vials pretty easily.

Edit: One canon Ambassador was so OP Wildbow had to kill her off. Think her name was Codex, and her power was literally to give other people the idiot ball while making herself smarter.

15. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

And that was BEFORE they allied with the Pantheon and got access to their armors and other goodies...

16. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

And we all know...

TanaNari likes this.
  17. ECCM

ECCM Know what you're doing yet?

I want a chapter set on their private world. I mean, what's going on there? Is it a verdant, terraformed jungle yet? Pantheon has the material and energy resources of a planet to play with! Dealing with petty political concerns should be beneath them at this point.

Like, they could coat a fraction of the world in plants that convert solar energy into electricity. Power a laser using that energy, and we have a death ray. Hell, they could build an orbital installation that focuses sunlight, thousands of square miles in surface area. Shunt the output into Earth Bet: bam, instant orbital superweapon. The entire planet is one gigantic Chekhov's gun.

I'm just dying to know.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  18. ninjafish

ninjafish Extremely Rude. Gone for Good

I'm sorry to tell you that i have lived in the Houston area all my life, and never once have i heard someone use "Ma'ams" to address multiple women.

19. dasstan

A hotspring episode is exactly what is missing from Amelia.

20. ECCM

ECCM Know what you're doing yet?

Get out of my head.

21. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

She can already make tanning booths. A hot spring probably would not be that hard.

Another idea for a laid back chapter is just would be that the others finally just say fuck it to secret identities and all of them just go on a group outing. Theo and Zack and carry the bags.

daimahou, Ichypa and TanaNari like this.
  22. Inverness

Or a beach episode?

They'll arrive to find Leviathan swimming calmly in the water while Behemoth floats nearby in a giant inner tube.

On the shore, Pantheon wonders what higher power decided to rain on their parade.

23. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Emma spoke "What the Hell? What God want's to rain on our parade, any- Oh, fuck you."
    In the background, Leviathan waves lazly, and it starts to rain.

24. dasstan

They harness Behemoth to power the hot spring, and Leviathan to give them unlimited water works.

25. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

Leviathan: rrrarg garrar ragagara *clasps talons together as if in prayer*

Legend: What? What is he doing?

Dragon, over the armbands: All forces! Disengage! Leviathan is doing something new!

Levi: rah ra gar, graaah ha raaa. *Thousands of pools of water gather around him in the air in the shape of swords*

Alexandria: Get ready!

Levi: arg ah ra. Ra Gah Hargar! (Unlimited Water Works)

26. dasstan

I feel like you're making a reference, but I'm not getting it. :oops:

27. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

Google "Unlimited Blade Works."

28. Helpless Kitten

Don't worry about it. It's from Fate/ stay night. The main character has a really basic spell that let's him scan objects. He over levels it cause it's one of like three spells he can cast and learns how to scan EVERYTHING about an object, then he starts to come into contact with legendary weapons in this death tourney thing. Eventually he gains enough power to summon copies of every legendary weapon he's even seen.

He basically goes from: man, what a shitty power. To: Holy crap, OP plz nerf!

Like Taylor :)

Edit: He then calls it unlimited blade works.

29. Ichypa

Ichypa I trust you know where the happy button is?

Meanwhile, Barghest is tanning in a beach chair with an oversized cheesy romance novel. The Simurgh is laying in pieces nearby, telekineticly building sandcastles.

30. Helpless Kitten

Tohu and Bohu play volleyball together but Khonsu shows up late. He couldn't get the time off.

Focus13, Jiven, Sheaman3773 and 9 others like this.