1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stand By Me (Worm/JoJo SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Leingod, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Mammal_man

Mammal_man Making the rounds.

Stand By Me already is a sentient Stand, so it either acts like its base form, its personality is affected or it develops some weird Stand version of multiple personality desorder.

PlasticSoldier likes this.
  2. Leingod

Leingod Immaculate Blooming Lotus

Who, me? Naaahhh.

That is a cool idea, especially as a name for the original Stand if Part III had already been using the musical names. I already have an OC Stand in mind for Hawkwind, though. Can't really say what it is yet. Instead, as a teaser, the first three OC Stands that will be introduced will be named:
    • MK-ULTRA (named after an American thrash band, who themselves took the name from Project MKUltra, better known as the CIA mind control program that lasted from 1953 to 1973)
    • Hand of Glory (named after the Andrew Bird album of the same name, which takes the name from a talisman made from the preserved left hand of a hanged man, which is attributed varying supernatural powers)
    • Black Orchid (named after the song of the same name on alt-rock band Blue October's debut album The Answers)

If those names sound... off, at all, I assure you that it's intentional and will tie into important stuff about the story.:D

Stand By Me's own personality becomes dormant and instead takes on whatever sentience and personality is present in the Stand it becomes, if any. It does still know what happens while it's "out," though, due to its connection to its user. So yeah, it's basically the Stand version of Diavolo/Doppio.

This is the main reason the user doesn't just constantly keep it in some other form, actually. The story will probably elaborate on the exact reasons for that later.

3. Leftoverfiend

Leftoverfiend Consentacle Monster

It's always seemed to me that the Ripple and the Spin are two branches of the same art.

4. Mammal_man

So if it turns into Anubis it'd become an asshole that will posses your body? Nice.

Solconbur likes this.
  5. Leingod

Actually, the act of renaming the Stand "Black Blade" changes up its aesthetics and personality just slightly. If he uses it, it'll actually act more like the sword it's named after, i.e. Stormbringer from the Elric novels. If you're not familiar, it's every bit as evil as Anubis (more, even), but a bit more subtle, choosing to infect its user with rampant bloodlust at the worst possible moments to keep a conflict going rather than trying to make him a puppet outright.

6. Mammal_man

Will Whitesnake be capable of taking powers and putting them into DISCs?

Solconbur likes this.
  7. Leingod

No. In some ways Shards will count as Stands, but not in this particular one, as the mechanisms that they work on are too different. It's like trying to pull the "disc" out of an MP3 player.

Solconbur and Shinichi07 like this.
  8. Mammal_man

Good, that would have been too OP.
    Jack/Lung/Butcher/Literally any cape ever: I'll kill you.
    Whitesnake: Haha no *steals powers*

9. cats099

cats099 Not too sore, are you?

stray cat stand disc + panacea = unstoppable immortal healing plant monster with super bio plant weapons.

10. Mammal_man

If Dion gets the physique of a JJBA character does that also mean he gets the oddly high survival rate when wounded in a way that really shouldn't be survivable?

Solconbur likes this.
  11. Leingod

Well, he has Hamon, that power that could heal a shattered arm in seconds. So technically?

Solconbur likes this.
  12. cats099

cats099 Not too sore, are you?

can he teach hamon to other like Taylor for one.

13. Leingod

The short answer is yes.

Solconbur likes this.
  14. Mammal_man

Hanged Man vs Shatterbird would be incredibly fast and one-sided. Try getting away from reflective surfaces when your suit is completely made out of them.

Ergoan and Solconbur like this.
  15. Leingod

Well, without the element of surprise at play it basically becomes a Glass Cannon-off, since Hanged Man isn't very good at protecting the user and while its Range is quite high, it's not as high as Shatterbird's.

16. Mammal_man

True, but you only need to switch to Hanged man when you are close, before that any stand with good capabilities can be used to protect you along the way. And considering Hanged man's speed when you get in range she just dies.

Edit: Man in the mirror would also be great if it can negate powers.

Solconbur likes this.
  17. Deckerspawn

Deckerspawn Not too sore, are you?

• Do not necro. This is against Rule 7.
    Well, this is disappointing

18. Deicide

Deicide Muted

• Warning Rule 7 Thread Necromancy… breaking the rules makes the mods mad.
    I don't know how you accomplished the act of writing someone almost as trash as Taylor.
    Just reading this made me mad.

Ajlove likes this.
  19. Silvercrystal

Silvercrystal That’s no moon! It’s a Moderator! Moderator

Double Necro. I’m going to lock until OP requests this be reopened.

Prince Charon, walket11 and Ajlove like this.