1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How Taylor Hebert Agreed to Be a Slut [Worm/Slut Life]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, May 24, 2018.

1. 7SFOmenSJ

7SFOmenSJ Getting some practice in, huh?

I will just want to state in advance that I really like your stories and wish I had some of your talent at writing. Also, I apologize for this wall of text, only second time posting so trying to figure out how to format it so it doesn't look like crap.What Taylor(you) did and how she(you) staying in character was really impressive. The problem though is like some of the other people above have stated, I enjoy your stories, even the more hardcore ones, but for this story I really dislike how this turned out. Slut Life shouldn't have a reason to fuck with her. Her gaming the system like did isn't going to cause problems for the company and actually might bring in more views for people to see someone who did that and how she attempts to further game the system during her time. Slut Life isn't really doing this for professional reasons. The thing is, someone high up just got pissed that she got one over them and decided to be an asshole and screw her over. I want her to push back, if this happens it will really suck and will take out some of my enjoyment of this story.

An idea to get out of the contract is for Taylor and co. to threaten to keep talking about it. Slut Life uses volunteers, people who willingly accept all that the show entails in return for the listed awards. Trust that the company will keep its word is the MOST important thing for the company, otherwise only the sick, desperate, or insane would go on the show. Therefore Taylor could say that if the 2 contracts, Taylor's and the other two's with Arbors, happen as is, she/they will then during her time constantly talk about how when she followed all the rules to get the most of what she wanted while loosing the least, the company decided to screw her and change the contract she made and then send goons to attack her when she protested. Arbor, the person in charge decided to further take advantage of the situation instead of his job. If the company tries to refute it by stating that it was an outside source that caused the issues and place all the blame on Arbor, she can turn it around and say that Slut Life still shouldn't be trusted even if that is true because they obviously don't have good security if they can get hacked and orders falsified as easily as happened. Either way, she will state that no one should trust the Slut Life company. Doing this will cause problems for her, but the situation is already really bad for her. Unless Arbor was the only one involved, unlikely since he stated he will have to spend his own favors to fix this, then the people behind this will go after her again since she got out of it by "sacrificing" her mom and friend.

To get out of this and not cause any problems, she can then bargain that for there to be no issues from her group, her mother and Tori get out of their contract with Arbor and Taylor gets her original contract back. In return they wont say anything about what happened. She can further help Arbor push for this by going alone with this by saying that when they brought this to him, Arbor was very helpful and competent in resolving this situation. Arbor looks good for the company and doesn't spend any favors and Slut Life doesn't have to worry about the complications this scandal will bring. Of course, Taylor will have to have another contract to protect herself from further retaliation. As for staying in character, I'm sure between the three of them they can figure out this idea.

MudkipSage, Noctum, Mgunh1 and 5 others like this.
  2. Guardian54

Guardian54 Versed in the lewd.

Ack it's looking like public consensus is "scrap and rewrite". IIRC you said in "Commercial Break" that you HAVE scrapped and rewritten before. I hope your long career hasn't gotten you too proud to do so again.

When your job involves dealing with contracts that can make random folks among your bosses, you pay lots of attention to that point.

The Secret Society, if it lets this sort of shit happen at all, will absolutely have NO rules protecting someone as far down the totem pole as him.

Responding by paragraph

1. And by that point you end up with CORE/ARM, the Coalition (UEF/Cybrans/Aeon), and other overwhelmingly powerful science fiction settings showing up specifically to exterminate the Slut Life organization for touching their people without adequate amounts of consent.

2. I would totally have taken the stun gun, pressed it to G-whatshisface's testicles after he tried to take me by force, and button-mashed the trigger until it broke or until I got tired, then button-mashed another one or the same one to final breakage when rammed through his nose into his nasal cavity (to fry his brain). Let it be a lesson to them in customer service!

3. After some thought, agreed.

4. What do you think I'd say to this?

They literally have to kidnap people from across the multiverse to have participants. How good do you expect their customer service to be?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Noctum, Ergoan and FlyingWaffle like this.
  3. Lolth

Lolth Probably Insane

That tends to happen when you take the setting to the logical conclusion regarding the laws enabling SL and it’s probable competitors to exist.

Ack likes this.
  4. Guardian54

Um, no.

I can totally see Slut Life being a Cybran TV/holo-show. They have the technology to make it work (yes, even the Psychics, the Aeon show humanity in SupCom are capable of using psionics, and defending against the Aeon show that counter-psionics are a thing).

And the Cybran Nation would totally have MASSES of consent and free will laws.

Noctum, Mgunh1, Ergoan and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jetsmillion

Jetsmillion Not Gay if it is Cute

Here is to hoping that some of the owners of Slut Life go on a war path over this. I image a very large amount of the appeal from their viewers is that everything is consensual at some level. For a contestant to have their contract altered at the last second without their consent would damn their entire set up.

Edit:
    If this was an inside job, I will be very disappointed. Taylor may have blocked direct non-consent sex by her choices, but I'm sure Slut Life can make things very fan-servicey for her and still get plenty of good ratings out of Taylor.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Noctum, Pyro Hawk, Mgunh1 and 9 others like this.
  6. Nugar

Nugar Not too sore, are you?

Yeah. The first half or so of the chapter is fine. Taylor is a blushing virgin with trust issues. Her mom is a bisexual adult woman with needs and wants that don't line up with Taylor's faulty memories, primarily because her mom never exposed her to that part of her life.

You said you want confict to be a part of the story. There's external confict, like what you have, and internal confict. Taylor at war with herself as she awakens as an adult, sexual person. I honestly thought that was where you were going. I dont mind if you go for an external conflict...

But thats fucking with the contract. The premise of the contract is literally the founding principle of the Slut Life CYOA. And here you're showing that its a fig leaf. Surely the higher ups would care about that kind of thing, even if the mortal shitbags didn't?

I would have exactly 0 problems with this chapter if, when fuckface was all, whats in it for me, when faced by the obvious truth, and he dropped the ball of his reaponsibilities...

If an ascended being showed up right then to be all, What the fuuuuck do you think you're doing?

Then, it could have been a sting operation to catch corruption. Or a real enemy, but an AI noticed and alerted a higher, who decided to pay attention. There has to be some reason for a contract in the first place, even if its just because of a godly whim. Otherwise, yeah, its just kidnap a foreigner and rape the fuck out of them on tv.

Hell, this whole thing could be a false flag designed to reset Taylor's opinion on Slut Life. We're sorry, there's sometimes some bad eggs, would you like to see what we do to them?

And the offer of a free sex slave.

Confict is fine. But my biggest problem is that this undermines the core concept of a contract. That's not what I came here to read.

7. Lolth

Lolth Probably Insane

Waitaminute... Did Tyrone?

Can you see the Cybran populace accepting torture on television? Since I’m fairly sure that is essentially what ‘Unconditional’ can go up to given the healthcare available.

8. Guardian54

Why would they bother to even pretend it's consensual if the audience didn't demand it? They wouldn't!

And do they? Oh they DO!

So this is worse shooting-self-in-foot than Commercial Break did. God damn it Ack, when you said you were going to take a stab at it... this had better be basis of other plot twists that unfuck this situation or you were writing it for satire.

Exactly, the consenting contract is crucial to the premise to such a degree that anyone fucking with it is going to have well over half the secret society on their asses instantly and unanimously.

If it was a fig leaf, they wouldn't even bother pretending it's consensual during the show with how little they're pretending now. Therefore, ti absolutely cannot be a fig leaf and is a serious thing.

Which means Arbor might be groggy, just-woke-up, and still need to be completely retarded to behave like this. After all, a 1-week no-sex run would surely be very exotic and funny to the SL audience.

Where does it say Unconditional? What the owners can do to you? In the Cybran Nation there are almost certainly "plausible consent" laws on what you can agree to in a contract.

Torture on TV would be quite pointless if the Cybrans can temporarily dull their own memory formation (and someone else taking control over such a function would be grossly illegal in the Cybran Nation). It's also not good for social reputation of the torturers, and in a post-scarcity society like SupCom, money exists only as an encouragement to do something with your existence, everyone gets a basic allowance, much of the population veg or write bad ficiton to share with each other, and reputation is extremely valuable.

Noctum, Mgunh1, Ergoan and 4 others like this.
  9. norgeshma

norgeshma Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Can everyone calm down. Nothing has happened yet but talk. If anything really bad happens then you can freak out. Yes the chapter gives a horrible shock. Only with what goes on the next one can we see where the situations are going. I've enjoyed almost every one of Ack stories, it seem like most of you have too. So stop take a breath and wait for the next chapter.

necrolectric, Cailin and Darkarma like this.
  10. Lolth

Lolth Probably Insane

Look at the attitudes people had before the proof and after the proof. “Wouldn’t be the first to get cold feet” speaks of a very good disinformation/marketing campaign, excellent PR.etc
    ”literally my job not to care”, extreme apathy from a management position I’d feel would be more suited for EA’s company board.

Look at, forgotten her name, the Cutie’s reaction, “what’s in it for you” this is a society built on favours as most post-societies likely would be. Look at reality television such as Big Brother and Love Island, they’re as close to post-scarcity as we can make for a study but a common theme in pretty much all Rtv shows is that it becomes a favours game, not what you know but who you know. Expand that to the technology levels shown, the fact that the entertainment happens because God’s and cuthlhu are bored, that literal mind-rape is allowed and can be healed from. That Eldritch cults exist because the ‘victims’ can be repaired afterwards.

Consider a society that is both used to and accepting, nay, actively encouraging and manipulating itself in such a way that the primary reason murder is illegal, that death-sports and honour-duels are not a thing, is that bringing people back would be too much of a hassle compared to banning it.

Examine the data Ack gives and analyse it. Draw conclusions about a society where the most popular sex show can involve pseudo-rape with a ten year old and no safe word.

11. Tortoise

Tortoise Know what you're doing yet?

My reaction to the chapter was not as negative as that of some of the people above, but it does kind of leave me wondering about the direction of the story. The earlier chapters had left me with a feeling of potential Mary Sue-ness, as it looked like Taylor would be portrayed as being able to "beat" the corporation or at least the personnel she interacted with (as if the corporation hadn't already considered the possibilities of "sexless" runs for example - realistically Taylor shouldn't be capable of coming up with choices the corporation had not already considered, and should not have any ability to get a significantly better deal than people in power deliberately choose to allow). I had reserved final judgment on that until things would actually play out though. On the other hand, this chapter portrays her as pretty much powerless and the executives easily able to screw people over if they so desire. I agree with the comments that making consent for contract choices seemingly easy to ignore kind of cheapens the setting - it becomes generic "we'll do whatever we want to you and film it".

Mgunh1, Ergoan, Zeushobbit and 3 others like this.
  12. arthurh3535

arthurh3535 [warm body]

I think one of the things that the shadowy organization behind this is going to come down hard on is that this is someone breaking the real contract and trust in the contracts of Slut Life. If this gets out, no one will ever want to be involved, because what is going to keep it from happening to them in the future?

All those willing participants suddenly have no idea if they are/were willing. Remember, the tech/magic level here is more than capable of totally reshaping your psyche. Even for near demigods of power like Smaug, if you think about it.

"Huh, thinking about it, why did I get into sexing up little humanoids. I didn't do that for thousands of years and then suddenly I decided to try it out?"

Slut Life should probably be willing to track down who did this because if the contract is not really binding and can be manipulated, that means everyone involved could have their free will compromised.

13. Guardian54

And what, exactly, makes you so sure that the sex entertainment industry is actually big in a post-scarcity society? The video game console was THE greatest and most successful contraceptive device ever invented. There are only so many permutations of sex. Games, fiction, forums, etc. on the other hand are a whole lot more diverse and people grow bored of them slower because they don't just press the same old reward circuit over and over resulting in boredom.

Given the lack of massive numbers of write-in options, the industry is pretty limited and not all that diverse/imaginative, because it's enough for the customer base which is almost certainly quite puny compared to say the gaming industry.

Or it could be that bringing people back does in fact inflict some type of minor long-term damage to them and those with power would like to dissuade others from casually trying it on them just for lulz.

Those ten-year-olds' physical development can be altered basically at will and they've spent more mental time learning than one of our Professors Emeritus.

And I DID examine the data given: A crapload of assorted entrapment and other measures are used to give the illusion of consent. Therefore, that illusion is valuable somehow.
    But even were the customer service just this shit, I can't shake the feeling that most of the secret society members are spiteful and angry toward some cannon fodder lower management in SL in some way or other. Which is very unwise for the fodder regardless of patronage.

And of course, some very powerful entities and organizations would get rather irritated over their employees being messed with. And since there's always a bigger fish in terms of sci-fi power...

Something tells me the typical recruit doesn't have as many mental problems as Taylor and thus would go along with it a bit better for the rewards at the end.

As opposed to being too head-up-ass to pick immortality with physical age/condition control during what could be her one chance to get it, just because staying away from home a month instead of a week is too painful to contemplate.

Because on a PERSONAL level FOR TAYLOR my reaction is: "You totally deserve this, daft punk."

But on a worldbuilding level this basically blows up the whole SL premise and makes NO sense.

Witness some high-tier civilizations coming over and exterminating them in one sudden move before they can even try to fuck around with their histories (and since they were already there those particular timelines would be inaccessible anyhow and SL would still be destroyed).

There's a reason SL SHOULD be very strict on contract law. To not get stomped flat.

Noctum, Mgunh1, Ergoan and 1 other person like this.
  14. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

I think Taylor's mind is pretty well made up at this point [EDIT: even if this does get fixed.]. To the extent that, once she and Annette are back on Earth Bet, the only thing her personal teleporter will be used for is trying to send the Endbringers to whatever planet her new house is on.

Which probably results in the smuttiest backstory for humanized Endbringers ever, but they're not wrecking shit on Earth Bet anymore.

...I wonder if Zion could revive Eden by picking Significant Other for a contract?

Noctum, Mgunh1, january1may and 3 others like this.
  15. Thatonesungod

Thatonesungod Alluring God of Motherhood

Yeah, I'd just like to chime in and say that many parts of the whole consent/illusion/reality doesn't mesh at all with this chapter. Does consent matter at all, then why doesn't actual proof of consent being removed raise BIG RED FLAGS. if it doesn't why is there so much effort put into preserving an illusion of such OFFSCREEN. SL is clearly capable of just mindwiping Taylor. so if they aren't why would they allow this sort of occurrence.

16. zakaar

zakaar Making the rounds.

Im normally happy without commenting, but i want to say one thing. Ack hasnt dissapointed me yet.

Give a few chapters. For all we know, this asswipe is gonna be the one getting the short end real quick when an upper management does pick up that he didnt get a shit about someone fucking with the contract.

Cailin and Jetsmillion like this.
  17. Zeushobbit

Zeushobbit I use my mind and yours doesn't matter.

Yeah, I'm reserving judgement until the next chapter, but I have to say I share the concerns of the general viewpoint in the comments here, this strained SoD quite badly based on what we've seen so far about how they treat contracts as being sacrosanct. I really hope this isn't being used as a way of inducing unnecessary extra conflict into the story because I think there was already enough there with how Taylor was starting to question her sexuality and dealing with her mum's history and current actions.

Part of the problem I think is that the transition was very jarring, it went from slice of life-y family drama and emotional discussions to high-octane action/tragedy and emotional meteors.

Noctum, FlyingWaffle, Ergoan and 2 others like this.
  18. HereticZAKU

HereticZAKU [worried ultraman noises]

Half wanting to write an omake where Arbor gets his in the most deliciously karmic way possible. Preferably via an airlock.

Thing that's holding me back is my own hangups about my own writing.

19. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

The main problem I see here is that if Arbor's unable to remove the contract, Tori and Annette still have to be his slave for 12 hours.

Also says nothing about torture or maiming being disallowed. "Well, if you want your arm back, you could always sign up and get a new body."
    Erm... The verbal contract kinda forces them to do it, as it's been made an acknowledged. And if Arbor is unable to remove the falsified contract, well...
    We all know this'll happen.

Ack I'm actually with the majority of the readers in thinking a rewrite is needed for the second half of this... Unless you have a plan to make things work out and can get it out (even as just a short 1k snippet rather than a full chapter) relatively quickly... You're likely losing most of the readership for this fic as things stand now.

And I literally see no way for Taylor to EVER agree to have anything to do with SL again after her forced contract (even if it gets reverted to what she actually signed up for) because of this. Even if it gets resolved, they still fucked her mother over (even if she volunteered for the literal part of that), something she'll never forgive.
    Actually, you'll note that Eldritch Cult is one of the few potentially damaging owners that doesn't explicitly state you'll be fixed up afterwards, just a warning not to let your mind break. This implies they can't fix everything that could happen to you here.

IIRC some lovecraftian elder gods could break your soul just by looking at you (you looking at them is worse).
    Rule 34* seems to contradict this statement.

Seriously, you're just not using your imagination enough. A person could start having sex daily, using a different way of having sex every day, without ever repeating themselves, for a full century and still not run out of things to try. And that's without going into some of the more extreme kinks.

*Rule 34- If it exists, there is porn of it.

20. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

....wait I need to reread but did Taylor, Annette, or Tori bring up the fact that Gareth and his goons were already on the way to get Taylor?

21. Zeushobbit

That is a very good point, how far is the room the were using from the deployment and/or medical rooms. Very suspicious if they were deployed pre-emptively. Of course, they could have been on standby in a nearby room while Taylor was going over the contract waiting for her to finish. Also the SL universe has timetravel so there's a fair chance they could use temporal manipulation to streamline bureaucracy.

Noctum, Mgunh1, Ergoan and 5 others like this.
  22. Wolfboy

Wolfboy I trust you know where the happy button is?

sorry Ack, i love your work but you just lost me on this one,

"What is in it for you, first, i dont light you up with this stunner. Second, i don't sue you and your company for everything it WON'T have when we're through with you. Third, we don't ensure that you're the next sex slave trainee out the door, you understand me."

and before anyone says that's not Taylor at this point, no its not. That's Annette, give Danny credit for all he's tried since she died, but i'm sure Annette was the force to fear around town in that family.

Mgunh1, Ergoan, Jetsmillion and 3 others like this.
  23. Guardian54

That is the one thing you can't do with time travel of the type described.

"What are you doing here?"
    "Waiting for causality to let me go do a task after time travelling."
    "Why are you playing online games in the meantime?"
    "I got to wait a while."

Sounds like a glorious way to slack off without looking like it. And if it can be used to slack off in an overly-layered bureaucracy (to have more than a handful of levels above Arbor it is overly-layered...) it WILL BE.

I swear if I was in that situation the G guy who was obviously waiting for the signal to jump me with armed thugs after that entrapment would have gotten the stun weapon expended against his testicles in a furious storm of button mashing, followed by breaking his nose, ramming it up his nasal cavity, and discharging it as close to his brain as I could get until it ran out of juice.

So yeah, I agree with you, Ack stepped on a serious banana peel on this one.

EDIT: Just remembered, Ack didn't we go through the argument of legal systems more than enough over on Commercial Break for you to see the problems here with the idiotic treatment of contract terms and such?

A system being bad enough to accept this sort of stupidity is basically one where you can put a planet-killer to the less-than-planet-durability head of a CEO you managed to kidnap by some means of teleport jammer piercing (causality prevents interference with the kidnapping as Unreliable Narrator applies to one-observer situations and every sapient lifeform is another observer), make him sign the company over, and have that stick.

In other words, a legal system that is incapable of function, period.

Mgunh1 and Ergoan like this.
  24. eddyforty

eddyforty Getting out there.

sadly, i was really really getting into this story, i like most of Acks fics. but the last half on the new chapter put me off a bit

Ergoan, Jetsmillion and Guardian54 like this.
  25. edale

Ack I'm on a few SL COYA discord servers (ook, only one's active, lol), and the general consensus seems to be... While he's using WAY too many strawmen (he has a problem with that), people are actually agreeing with Guardian54 (in a SL fic's thread!!!), and when that happens, you know you have a problem, lol.

26. WindCall12

WindCall12 Well worn.

One more thing about the contract. If it impossible to alter a contract and there is video proof that there was an alteration, it should be a bigger deal then that.

27. eddyforty

eddyforty Getting out there.

wait, theres a discord server? now im curious

28. edale

Impossible to alter after it's been signed. Obviously it can be altered before.
    Check the Commercial Break thread, I'm pretty sure Jonakhensu has a link in there somewhere, it's his channel.

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  29. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

You're acting like this is a deliberate act from people up above.

it actually isn't.

I had two ways this could go. It's now going to go the other way.
    She ,,, may ... have :p

Or Taylor may just have some interest in girls (which has previously been thoroughly hammered down, via the Trio).
    If he ever finds out.
    Re-read.

Arbor didn't suggest anything of the sort.

1) Tori offered.

2) Arbor upped the ante, because hey, he feels he needs a little payback for the very real aggravation of fixing that damn contract.

3) Then Annette offered to help bear the load and ease the punishment.

4) Then Arbor (without contesting any of the alterations Annette made) accepted.

Actually, no. She'll be doing one week's worth of work in one week. And she's donating the lot and living off the allowance of $250/week (which is still better than the $80 they give you in the Fresh Food option).

That's not a fix for what's gone before. That's a daydream.

You're repeating yourself.

1) Maybe he's a current secret society member.

2) Maybe he didn't set this shit up.

3) Maybe he's had to deal with people trying to pull this exact shit for real before.

4) He just got woken up. Everyone said that he'd be unhappy. Everyone. And what do you know? He was unhappy, and just a teeny bit vindictive.

Okay, everyone else. I don't have the time or inclination to quote all your posts, but wow, there's a lot of vitriol going on there.

To clarify:
    As far as Taylor knows, Arbor didn't set this shit up. The most he's done is capitalise on it. Which, you know, people do. Also, at any time he could've shut them down but he didn't. True, he never leaped to his feet and shouted, "By God, Hebert, I will see you righted!" (a paraphrasing of King George III's words to John Harrison) but he's a bureaucrat who expects a quid pro quo for something that's going to see him using up some of the hard-earned favours he's got on other people (also, there's a potential that he's gonna be bending over for a centaur in the near future). So it's kind of understandable that he didn't swoop in and fix all her problems immediately.

She does have her suspicions as to who's behind it (ie, Gareth, given that he was there on the spot almost before they got anywhere) but of proof there isn't much. Except circumstantial, which basically means unless Arbor wants to deal with him unofficially, there's not much to be said.

Also, she doesn't have bees. Not at the moment, anyway.

However.

It seems that everyone's decided that Annette isn't even allowed the agency to help get her temporary girlfriend turn a potentially nasty sexual situation into a fun one (while mostly being 'meh' that she's screwing said temporary girlfriend in the first place). That's ... wow?

Also, that this is a deliberate act by Slut Life's top echelons. It really, actually, is not.

Slut Life doesn't care how you arrived at your contract, just that you signed it of your own free will. Arbor only agreed to even accept Tori's offer (and Annette's amendment) after being presented with fairly strong proof that the contract Taylor signed wasn't the one she'd been purportedly working on. (Also, Taylor had previously antagonised him. Never a great thing to do. What, an NPC actually reacts to something a PC does? Heresy!)

Twelve hours of ownership won't allow anything like torture or maiming. It's just sex.

Now, I've gotten a lot of "YOU HAVE TO REWRITE THIS NOW OR I STOP READING!" but very little of how I'm supposed to rewrite it, except for quite a few suggestions that would get her a jail sentence followed by a Convict run-through of SL. Criminal assault is criminal assault, after all.

So I'm going to go with the second of my two options.

The first option was that Gareth set the whole thing up, because he wants Taylor as a play-toy (once she was in for a week or so, he'd make the offer to amend her contract (unofficially and illegally) to make her his personal sex doll). He has the priority access to get into Tori's laptop and substitute the other contract, then panicked a little when she went looking for it anyway. So he grabbed the security guys he'd previously picked to take Taylor to Medical Four and decided to bluff his way through. It didn't so much blow up in his face as fizzled out. Now his boss is getting a gangbang with two hotties, and he gets nothing for all his trouble.

However, very few people seem to have picked up on this, and I suspect you'd be less than satisfied with anything short of Gareth being stung to death, revived, eviscerated, revived, emasculated, remade into a woman, and given to Tyrone, the zookeeper, Everyone and the gang-rape crew as a permanent slave.

The second option is .... something else. I'm gonna try to keep the light tone that I started with .... yeah, I can see you staring in utter shocked disbelief. Because I did actually plan out the second option, just in case the first one fell through.

Watch this space.

30. Zeushobbit

Yeah, have to say, if that was supposed to be obvious to the readers it didn't really come through that well. I think mainly because of the jarring tone-shift I mentioned before and the fact that Gareth came off as someone stubbornly following orders from his superiors rather than someone trying to cover his ass.

Will agree that we as a readership seem to have misconstrued the situation with arbor and pulled it out of proportion from what actually happened though.