1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BlackBulletOfSeven

BlackBulletOfSeven Making the rounds.

Why wouldn't they be? Russia is a big place, and Wildbow says that they aren't thriving but not dying either.

Volkogluk and TanaNari like this.
  2. Hexed999

Hexed999 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Say what you will about Menzobeanzan, it's pretty organized in it's own way. I doubt the Elitnaya have that level of stability.

Zarohk and TanaNari like this.
  3. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

The only reason Menzo stays intact is by the regular and direct intervention of a goddess. Elitnaya gets by with human government.

4. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

whats left of it

5. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

That doesn't really make any sense. At all. Pantheon weren't given a country, they own a decent patch of land in the Bay and access to another planet, much like a lot of different places are being given. There is no real reason for these people to fixate on Pantheon in particular, and no reason to have anything against them. You're basically saying "The bad guys are evil and they want to leave home and commit suicide attacking possibly the strongest human force on the planet because of they're angry about stuff." That's not a motivation, it's bad writing. Coil didn't try to kill Taylor because he was evil, he did it as a stepping stone towards ruling and cleaning up the city. People don't charge into battle against an army of 5000 giant monster zerglings and a living tide of creatively agonising insects because their country is shit and they feel the need to blame completely random people. Hell, Finland probably loves Pantheon, they got revenge for what the Simugh did. India doesn't hate Pantheon, Phir Se was the one who destroyed the country. Russians have their own problems to deal with, what with the constant death.

I know you want them mowing down a tide of enemies, but this just doesn't make any sense. Hell, even a whole country hated them, they would still realise how completely outclassed they were and do nothing. There's a reason North Korea doesn't try to invade South Korea: It's because they know that while they could deal damage, they would be destroyed within a week.

6. BlackBulletOfSeven

You seem to be really convinced that Russia is just a wasteland at this point. Care to share why? Cuz I haven't seen much of a reason other than "Sleeper" and I doubt he has the whole freaking country under his thumb.

That_baka2, Volkogluk and TanaNari like this.
  7. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Is it just me or is the discussion in this thread getting kinda surreal? Not in a bad way mind you, but still.

TanaNari, excellent as always. You've got that... *waves his hand about his face* thing going on like we're all forgetting something and you're building up to it. Any clues as to what? =D

Also, Godwin's Law, everyone take a shot.

Volkogluk, Prince Charon and TanaNari like this.
  8. Snake/Eater

it happened in real life after the Soviets pulled out of the middle east,their was different factions formed in the chaos that blame the rest of world for their problems,we ignored them because they had our propose during the cold war,couldn't different circumstances have the same result.
    i feel that Behemoth attacking Russia put a nail in it's coffin,like what simmie did to Finland.if it was still intacted why in god's name do they allow a monsters like the sleeper to live then, there is the internal and external political squabbles in the Russian parahuman community,they should be a united political group like the prt throughout europe with Russia as the HQ.but shit happens.this makes for a good debate though.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Divabot likes this.
  9. BlackBulletOfSeven

Russia is a lot bigger than Finland, and while losing Moscow really hurt them, they survived.

As for the Sleeper, well disregarding that the US let Nilbog live so there is a precedent, Khepri, easily one of if not the most powerful parahuman, said using the Sleeper was too much trouble. Easier to just leave him alone.

Look, I'm not saying Russia isn't a hellhole, it is. The division of three powerful parahuman groups and political corruption mean that place is constantly attacked by EB.

But it's no India or Finland, there's still an international power there, just a lot weaker than say China or North America. If they actually organized they'd probably be just as strong as either.

10. Snake/Eater

my theory is that there is secret civil war in Russia that uses parahumans like pawns on a messed-up game board and there are many a dozen new factions that say they are the new government.

11. BlackBulletOfSeven

I...What?

Like really, what?

I don't know what you're basing that on. Looking at Russia's situation up down and sideways I can't really see that.

12. Snake/Eater

i base my thoery on history of the fall of the Roman empire with Russia being just as fractured like Rome was,with the parahumans being soldiers part gladiators for a wide range of different factions like for example Gesellschaft.

13. dasstan

dasstan :)

Has TanaNari indicated that Russia will be playing a part in this story? Or is this one of those weird tangents?

14. Snake/Eater

no,i believe this is us being insane in the membrane.very insane in the membraine...:D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Zarohk likes this.
  15. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

Well, a different weird tangent caused a Saint interlude, so...

Russian Leader/Leaders interlude?

16. BlackBulletOfSeven

I kinda doubt that. For one major reason, Moscow fell, the government didn't.

They relocated and established the Elitnaya and Red Gauntlet (which later split off) and have a semblance of order. The Dno are...well I wouldn't say Villain as much as outcasts.

Really, the only reason that Russia is still a bit fractured is that for all the Elitnaya's power, they get held back by backwards politics and don't trust one another. That's why the other two groups last. Hell, judging from the WoG, Red Gauntlet could take over Russia if they wanted.

So yeah, splintered and weaker. But your theory is just that, a theory.

That_baka2, Volkogluk and TanaNari like this.
  17. BlackBulletOfSeven

Well actually, considering that they're essentially going on a Eurotrip, involving one of the Russian factions at this point would be ideal here.

That_baka2, Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  18. Snake/Eater

it's not the parahumans they should be afraid of,they're a known unknown for Pantheon.it's us the regular people that are a unknown unknown that could be a danger.

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

A lone tanuki enters the thread and starts nipping at people. "Auuu Auuu Auuu Au.... Auuuuu."

Okay... while QQ is not SB and SV with vague rules, I must ask people to have some consideration for others and to think before hitting post. I understand that feelings can get inflamed, people get passionate about politics and... all... but it would be better if everyone calms down and try not to bring Real World politics and Godwining into a story where teenagers have their own world and are playing world politics.

Yes, this is in regards to the Russian / International Politics thing that TanaNari nipped in the bud and stopped.

The lone tanuki runs off and stares at an empty notepad and struggles with making own posts... ^_^;

20. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

And those new groups hated some of the countries that had been involved in the fighting, they didn't go off on one and declare undying war against the Red Cross or Toshiba.

TanaNari likes this.
  21. Snake/Eater

yeah, even i know when i'm beaten,because that is always a known known case with all moderators,:D i'll stop rocking this boat...before somebody pushes me off.lol

22. Biigoh

*auuuuuuuus*

Please let this issue die.

23. ProdigiousThunder

ProdigiousThunder Know what you're doing yet?

I approve of these moderations.

Good job Biigoh.

fireball900, Diller and Divabot like this.
  24. Biigoh

Bii doesn't believe in points.... or bans or some such...

25. Snake/Eater

so to change the subject,that last chapter was okay,it makes for a good build up to a new arc in the story.

Divabot likes this.
  26. dasstan

dasstan :)

Throwing this in for consideration for the Amelia playlist.

Faraway-R, TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  27. ProdigiousThunder

ProdigiousThunder Know what you're doing yet?

I don't really care. You did your job in a timely and effective manner. That is not points that is competence and that was what I remarked on.

So Good Job Biigoh
    [​IMG]

28. Snake/Eater

Jeez,you don't have be so cold blooded,;)after all it was my opinion that took a hit faster then the titanic ... i still learned a lesion...duck

29. Abcde

Abcde Making the rounds.

This really bothers me. I get that there isn't a shipping industry, I get that there isn't much international trade. But there's GOT to be some kind of repercussions resulting from A SUBCONTINENT BEING VAPORIZED. True, it was mostly just the cities, but STILL.

TanaNari, it's going to be pretty hard to go to London -- it got a visit from WingedOne in 2003.

edit: easy to go, very dumb.

30. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

What makes you think it hasn't? Because it sure as hell has.

Also: damn. Research fail.