1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Prince Charon, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

They make a hell of a team together. Adding Dinah as Weaver Three might be bringing the scary level up too fast, though.

Will Tattletale/Weaver contact Danny?

2. TheDivineDemon

TheDivineDemon Know what you're doing yet?

She's going to make sure he's taken care of. And that he knows his daughter was a hero.

Prince Charon likes this.
  3. Prince Charon

Taylor triggers under quite different circumstances: She pushes Emma out of the way of a moving car (this is well after the bullying started up, BTW), and when she turns, she notices that the driver is looking at his smartphone, not the road. When she comes out of the trigger-shock, she notices that the front of the car is a bit wrapped around her, like she was a reinforced concrete telephone pole, while she herself is not injured.

Her power, while at first appearing to be a standard Alexandria package (albeit a pretty strong one), is actually the administration of kinetic energy. She is aware of all motion, including heat and sound, within her sphere of influence, and is able to manipulate it. In order to better handle this, she has exceptional multitasking.

Not having a secret identity, Taylor decides to join New Wave. The members are undecided until Carol finds out that the idiot businessman that ran into Taylor is suing her for smashing his car and his phone, causing whiplash, and various other things; this hits her 'victim' trigger a bit, as well as her belief in personal responsibility (not just cape responsibility - driving a car is in some ways like having a power, just an exceptionally common power that doesn't usually come with trigger trauma); that gets Taylor on the team. Also, Alan and Danny are suing the idiot businessman on Taylor and Emma's behalf, because his reckless driving nearly killed both girls.

Emma is very much not sure how to deal with this. Everything she did to break Taylor down, and Taylor just proves she's stronger than Emma will ever be, and her family now expects her to be bonding with Taylor over this. Also, she can't avoid being grateful to Taylor for saving her life, especially as she seriously thought Taylor was about to die doing it.

Vaguely thinking that Taylor will be doing some public service announcements, because messing with your phone while driving is something she's going to take serious issue with, even more than in canon.

4. Muroshi9

Muroshi9 I'm so ronery So ronery So ronery and sadly arone

So basically non touch limited Assault?

5. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

She administers Kinetic energy. This power is so fucking ridiculous its revolting.

She's basically budget Behemoth. In HER sphere of influence she could basically Nope the kill-field.

6. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Depends on scale. Claiming she could Nope the kill-field is the equivalent of claiming Spider-Man can Nope Superman, since they both have super strength and speed.

7. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

I'm not talking the entire kill field, more just in the immediate area at least as far as thermal energy is concerned. Radiation will still be a problem.

8. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Nothing you said challenges what I said in any way. My point still stands exactly as posted.

9. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

So a weaker version of Accelerator?

10. Prince Charon

In some ways. She starts out acting like a typical Alexandria package, but expands on that fairly quickly - and really, the thinker power makes her a lot scarier than a standard Alexandria package, or a 'normal' psychokinetic Shaker. Do we ever see Accelerator having total awareness of practically everything within a certain (wide enough to be interesting, but probably less than canon-Taylor's 'a few city blocks' range) radius?

11. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

12. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Prince Charon and evildice like this.
  13. evildice

I remember really enjoying that story at the time, but upon re-reading I think it didn't age so well.

14. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

It's been a couple years since I read it, so I don't recall. She certainly had some sort of Thinker rating, because I recall it was a major plot point that there wasn't really anything that could seriously threaten her physically, even by surprise.

15. Prince Charon

Taylor triggers as an odd sort of Tinker: her specialty is Dungeons, in roughly the sense that most gamers tend to think of them.

16. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

She goes nuts because she can't make anything due to lack of materials and/or time and/or workspace.

17. evildice

Taylor: "Seriously, just give it some thought. You'd be in a town with some amazing Tinkers for collaboration, including Armsmaster and Kid Win and Chariot on the legal side, Bakuda and Squealer and Leet on the downlow, and of course me on the fabulously awesome side."

Dragon: "How did you get this number?"

Taylor: "And I can guarantee you a significant supply of gold to sleep on. Or as a giant heat-sink if you don't sleep."

Dragon: "Why is that so damn appealing."

18. HereticZAKU

HereticZAKU [worried ultraman noises]

So I've been toying with a dumb, dumb idea (well, more than a few) that really needs to be handled by someone other than me (either by commission or by other authors hitting me over the head with a frying pan, tying me up, tossing me into the nearest broom closet and adopting this idea as their own) because clearly I am in no way equipped to do this ANY sort of justice.

Ok, so...who here is familiar with the Ultraman franchise? If you're not, quick rundown is this: guy can grow several stories tall to beat monsters senseless and is seen as a symbol of hope. It's awesome, and some of it is available on Crunchyroll if you're inclined to do further research (though keep in mind that the more recent entries are somewhat more toyetic). There's a series currently airing (Ultraman R/B, pronounced "Rube"), but it hasn't been licensed in the West yet.

Now, here's my idea (please, take this away from me because again, I cannot do this justice):

Taylor has another friend in addition to Emma who's a dude (basically an OC; in my mind the name "Ryuusei Ozami" keeps popping up but you could name him whatever you want). He's sweet, kind of a dork, and is very friendly, especially towards younger kids. When Emma gets turned by Sophia, he goes in and tries to set the record straight but fails. He then resolves to be a much better friend to Taylor.

The Locker kinda sorta still happens, but Taylor does not trigger. What instead happens is that Ryuusei gets her out and they are both then teleported to a place outside of space and time. There they are contacted by the spirit of Ultrman King (basically Ultraman's version of God but friendly and not a dick) who gives them the lowdown:

Turns out that the Ultras have been keeping tabs on the Entities and do not like what they're doing at all, but have been unable to intervene beforehand because ~reasons~, so all they could do was monitor the situation and prep to get involved. That was before the Entities discovered that the Ultras had the Plasma Spark (the franchise's version of the Infinity Stones in that it created all life in the universe) and thus fighting broke out between the Ultras and the Entities. Things were in a stalemate until Ultraman Belial (basically their Satan) built a multidimensional bomb and used his life force as the detonator to tip the balance towards the Ultras, taking out a large portion of the Entities with him and creating a hole in reality that sucked most of the remaining ones in (except for Zion and Eden, but we'll get to them). Ultraman King used up most of his energy sealing the aforementioned tear in reality and is very weak and in need of recuperation, which is worrying the other Ultras.

Things would be fine and would resolve themselves...but Zion and Eden escaped to Earth, stealing the Monster Graveyard (basically where all the kaiju come from/go) on their way to our Big Blue Marble and have set up shop, bringing about the "Age of Heroes" and their plan is basically "give humanity superpowers, have them fight it out, enslave the winners, head back to Nebula M-78 and take the Plasma Spark from the Ultras." What's worse, they're also gearing up to start releasing kaiju from the Graveyard in an effort to speed things along. This is of course compounding the fact that the Endbringers are still around and are still causing their own brand of mayhem.

To combat this, Ultraman King gives Ryuusei the power to become Ultraman Khepri, humanity's newest hero. Taylor gets a bunch of cool gadgets that help her help Khepri when he's several stories tall and fighting kaiju/Endbringers as well as supplementing his fighting capabilities in certain scenarios. Together, Ryuusei and Taylor must stop Zion and Eden from enslaving parahumans and must also stop the monsters coming out of the Graveyard.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  19. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Way to remove Taylor's relevance in favor of the OC.

20. HereticZAKU

HereticZAKU [worried ultraman noises]

...That's true. I had a hard time trying to justify why Taylor wasn't made into an Ultra. I kinda still don't, but now I'm starting to think maybe she can help do research on the Monster of the Week (or chapter or arc), run recon, help keep the OC grounded and not let the power go to his head, that sort of thing. Still in the background, but not necessarily useless. Plus she has all those wonderful toys Ultraman King gave her, so she wouldn't be defenseless either.

21. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Just let her trigger and have it so his power is kinda... poorly scaled for dealing with anything short of an Endbringer.

22. TheDivineDemon

TheDivineDemon Know what you're doing yet?

Since SB's is down for now, here's a little worm idea I've been thinking that about.

Working title: Connections

During a cape fight Taylor is left trapped while the battle continues (debating flipped in a car with her dad or busted up boardwalk scenario) and sees a hero notice her. From her perspective they should have helped her but they turned away (back to the fight because asshole is still raging) and left her in danger. Her trigger stumbles the fight to a halt and allows the villain(s) to escape.

Later review gives the PRT and Protectorate a good idea what happened but by then Taylor was off the scene and back home. Nor even realizing she had powers at first, not until she bumped into her first parahuman after that.

She found that within a certain range she could sense and copy parahuman powers, losing the abilities as the parahuman left her range. Or so she thought.

With this thought in mind she based her actions around. Following capes she thinks villians and plans attacks on the strong holds (not.sure how to play unwritten rules here. Maybe have her not know and act anyway).

One of her early missions, maybe first or second, has her discovering her power isn't what she thought it was. As she copies two parahuman abilities at once she and her two opponents all find themselves sharing a new power.

It turns out her power isn't power copying but power connection. If Taylor connects herself to one parahuman she shares the ability giving the impression of power copying. When she connects two the powers share the workload and make a new powerset, not always necessary stronger but usually is. Think of the old fic Manager and it's power combinations, except the power shares instead of takes. (Examples: Grue + Fog = Becoming clouds of Grue's Darkness, Dovetail + Lady Photo = hard light constructs that last independently after sheild is deployed or laser fired, Sundancer + Purity = Human Torch, Brandish + Flashbang = bouncing ball of destruction.)

This Taylor's power works best when she's in a team but her dislike of heroes or at least one hero will hinder her. More so if I play with Taylor not knowing about the unwritten rules. No trust or allies means Taylor would be making most of her power combinations on the fly and giving her opponents the same advantages, though they would likely be disoriented from the change at first. Part of the plot could be her struggling to form a team.

Other plot ideas include:
    - Case 53s part of Taylor's power network gain human appearance as long as they are connected
    - Yang ban discover/hear about her
    - Taylor connecting people at Endbringer fight to create a group of high-level parahumans
    - her power encourages hive/move mentality (maybe)

Thoughts?

23. Xero Key

Xero Key Well worn.

"Okay Ms. Hebert, we're ready to start." I nodded in response and walked toward the table, picking up the hard plastic box sitting on it in my right hand. In one two three four, Out one two three four. I stilled my breathing as much as I could, even gripping my wrist holding the box to prevent it from shaking. This was ]b]it]/b], the culmination of my grandpa's efforts on Earth Bet. He somehow came to this Earth before even parahumans and did everything in his power to even the scales against them. Not that he hated them, but that he was cautious because of his history. His father's history. My mom's side of the family has a deep shadow we struggle to escape from. Today... I wonder if I'm doing that or diving even deeper in?

"Ms. Hebert?" I shook away my thoughts and held the device near my left , the back of my hand facing me. "Ready test Alpha Red."

I steeled myself and my body, bracing my legs apart and back as the walls opened up with airsoft turrets. In one two three four, Out one two three four. "It's Morphing Time!" I pulled the box back to my right hip. "P.R.T.!" I flung the device forward and pressed down on the latch on the top, revealing the badge on the inside "EMERGENCY!" Red light burst from the badge, surrounding me in it's warm glow. I was blinded by it, encompassed by it. I was it. Yet I still heard the turrets wind and the pellets fly towards me, but they didn't matter. I danced between them as the Power formed a body suit and helmet, only stopping once the turrets had run out of ammo. I posed with my back to the turrets, feeling a final rush of energy leave me.

*Ka-BOOM!* I felt the shockwave pass by me carrying bits of destroyed turrets. I slowly turned around to see the still on going fire and the fire crews racing in to put out the various spots of flame. "Yes... Uh, I think that's a good start for today. And the week. Take some time off and we'll see about live fire tests." I smiled to myself as the PRT officials went over the data, of which I was certain would push live-fire into the very near future. The Morphers were ready at last! ...I just wish mom and Grandpa J could see this.

I went into the locker room still Morphed and headed straight for the mirrors. The full bodysuit was mainly black with red accent columns along the arms and legs, with red fingerless gloves and and red boots. I had a silver belt with pouches and empty holsters on either side, thankfully no skit like I had seen in the mock ups. My chest was covered with a mainly red flexible metal, a big white number 1 taking up the left side of the plate. Two red shoulder pads with silver trim completed the main body of my look, but what I was focused on was the helmet.

Grandpa said that animals were the most common thing to see on the helmets, even when not modeled after one. Mine? A sci-fi knight helmet was the first thought in my head. It had fins swept backwards carrying police lights, and a big representative of the Parahuman Response Team badge instead of a forehead. My eyes were covered by a mean looking black visor and my mouth was hidden by a silver face plate. It was intimidating and heroic, professional and pretty silly. It was everything child advocacy groups would say I shouldn't wear, but it was everything my family was proud to have born.

My name is Taylor Hebert. My parents are Daniel Hebert and the late Professor Annette Hebert. But it's my grandfather who changed my whole world, and all because of his own father. My grandfather was JJ Oliver, Ex-Commander of Space Patrol Delta Earth Base and Green Dragon Power Ranger. His father was Dr. Thomas Oliver, paleontologist and the greatest Power Ranger who ever lived. And me? I'm the PRT's first Power Ranger, the Red Ranger.

(AN: This Taylor's grandfather comes from a possible future of the main Power Ranger timeline, after he has been promoted a few times and is basically in Cruger's place. He used the Master Morpher's Green Ranger setting, though he looks like the Super Power Beat Down version. He gets sent to Earth Bet and helps found the PRT, most of his effort in creating Ranger Tech. Unfortunately his Power Coin was destroyed when he lost his life, leaving the project pretty much stalled until they used Taylor's genetic connection.)[/i]

Jack of Olives, Harpy81 and aoirann like this.
  24. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

Wow this is a surprise people still remember this thread

25. Xero Key

Xero Key Well worn.

It didn’t feel right to use the other thread. I mean I could, but there wasn’t anywhere lewd to go with it.

Scherazade and Prince Charon like this.
  26. The Halfa Wannabe

The Halfa Wannabe Halfa is now Dark Lord of the House Elves Gone for Good

Not every story in there is lewd. Go for it since it gets more traffic.

27. Prince Charon

Inspired, oddly enough, by a tumblr post that's rather lacking in politics or creepyness, but did also inspire a pretty cool Star Wars fic. For those who don't like following links, I'm going to copypaste the tumblr post into a quote box:

So, I'm not sure how important the florist as an individual is going to be to the narrative, but the customer is Taylor, and the recipient is Emma: At some point when the bullying has been going on for a while, Taylor sees the concept of the Bouquet of Disdain, and knowing how into flower-language Emma is in this AU, decides to anonymously start sending her various 'fuck you and the bitch you road on' bouquets (not always the same arrangements, I'm sure that there's room for variation). She tends to do it intermittently when she has some spare money (unless it's after she joins the Undersiders, or gets another significant income source), doesn't dress like herself when she goes in, and wouldn't be suspected by the Three Little Bitches anyway, because they think she's too beaten down to do that, but it's driving Emma nuts, and helpfully distracting her from bullying Taylor. Sophia, meanwhile thinks it's pretty silly and doesn't get why Emma cares, while Madison secretly thinks it's hilarious, because she's only friends with them because they're somehow popular despite being huge bitches, and she likes being popular (and is afraid of Sophia, not that she's terribly inclined to admit that).

28. Prince Charon

Taylor triggers with the power of Nerf at summer camp, a Shaker field (always on, but perhaps a controllable range) making all attacks, restraints, et cetra non-lethal, and to a degree controlled by her, non-harmful (meaning that she can escape from any restraint if she pushes hard enough that it would otherwise harm her, but she can exclude others from this aspect in order to keep villains from escaping if someone does manage to trap them). This effects mundane weapons, powers and powered weapons, and life-forms, to the point that crawler's acid does nothing but cause stains, his teeth can't even tear her t-shirt, and when Siberian tries to punch Taylor's head off, the only effect is to make the Siberian's arm wobbly for a while. Eventually, the Slaughterhouse Nine just leave the summer camp, because Taylor is taking all the fun out of it. Jack doesn't bother trying to recruit her, for that same reason.

Sort of thinking that Taylor isn't quite able to keep this a secret from Emma and Sophia, due to Taylor bouncing off the sidewalk when Sophia trips her when they first meet. This changes Emma's and Sophia's attitudes toward her, but Taylor and Sophia likely still rub each other the wrong way, what with Taylor being a classic Four-Color Hero who imposes something vaguely like that reality on the world around her, and Sophia being a Dark, Edgy Anti-Hero who likes hurting people. Meanwhile, Emma just wants her two best friends to get along.

Scherazade, daimahou and Zackarix like this.
  29. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

30. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)