1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping It Stargate Style [Worm/Stargate]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TCGM, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Guardian54

Guardian54 Versed in the lewd.

Let's put it this way:

A 28GG has barely the breast volume of a 36B.

Consider this depiction of hasshaku-sama i.e. one whose name is literally "8-foot-tall"
    [​IMG]

Compare her to Anchorage Water Oni at this webpage, who is listed as Q-125 (I think Japan lists the bust measurement, not underbust, and of course is in centimeters)
    http://kancolle-pai.com

But by simple dint of being physically so large (scale a 160cm 36-24-36 woman up to 8 feet or 244cm and you end up with about 55-37-55 in inches for bust-waist-hip) she might end up with equal breast volume to chelsea charms who is only 1.57m tall.

Sticking those on a 1.57m tall woman and that's a Z-cup, resembling sticking two grapefruits on a stick. Stick them on a 2.44m tall woman and, well, they stop looking disproportionate.
    On Chelsea Charms, they look to be Gigantic_Breasts by Danbooru standards i.e. each breast is 2-3 times the volume of the head.

On someone who is 1.6 times the linear dimensions everywhere else? That's 1.6^3 = 4.096 times the head volume compared to Chelsea Charms.

Now, if the Shipgirl Form is 8 heads tall instead of the common 7 to 7.5, wen can scale the skull down from the average skull height of about 22cm*1.6 = 35.2cm to 30.5cm, that's a reduction to (30/35.2)^3 = approx 0.65 as much as the above, so 4.096*0.65 = 2.66 the original head volume.

So Chelsea Charms' breasts, stuck on an 8-foot-tall, reasonably scaled woman's body, would possibly not even count as huge_breasts by Danbooru standards (single breast volume 1-2 times the volume of head). They might only be large_breasts (i.e. volume of sphere with diameter of face area, up to volume of head)!!11!!

Dude, look at my math above. I'm totally thinking calmly and rationally with my brain.

Because THIS is what a battlecruiser converted to a carrier looks like, though the artist here toned down breast size a bit for both KanColle and Warship Girls versions:
    [​IMG]

If you scale merely her idea of "large breasts" (as self-endowed by someone with no experience of BOUNCING PAINS i.e. Taylor, and someone who is heinously prone to overkill in general i.e. Taylor, and someone who generally uses top-down perspective there and thus does not find her boobs as obvious as a mirror would let her i.e. TAYLOR) up from a sub-6-foot frame to 8 feet you WILL end up with more boob volume than almost everyone else on the planet bar Simurgh.

Then you remember the range that a Daedalus can operate at, and the way shipgirls refer to their breasts as fuel bunkers.

Be scared, be very scared.

Also be glad, be VERY glad that I only gave you completely reasonable numbers.

2. TCGM

TCGM (Unverified God/Space Snek)

Lots of good math here. I was indeed concerned when I started doing calculations, especially because I link displacement with bust size too, and the Odyssey is made out of Naquadah/Trinium/Titanium alloy. Fuel doesn't really apply to a Daedalus as they use Naquadria reactors (and the Odyssey has Asgard power generators now). Like I said, I was getting worried.

If I end up making her taller in Shipgirl form, I will scale things according to the BC image I linked appropriately. Proportionately not really big, maybe what a D would be on most women, but I understand that cup sizes don't scale with volume correctly.

UnfortunateWatcher likes this.
  3. Guardian54

Taylor Hebert is described as tall and slender. So her underbust is unlikely to be barrel-chested huge or hell even fully up to normal standard, so she's more likely to be 32-22-34 than the "ideal" 36-24-36, and with an underbust of 30-31 inches.

This is what a 28GG looks like:
    [​IMG]
    From this webpage:
    http://www.bigcuplittlecup.net/think-know-d-cup-looks-like/

So Taylor sticking what she thinks is "reasonably large" on her own (in my opinion dangerously) thin frame as mental self-image, when in fact that specification of "N inches larger than underbust" is going on a sturdily built renovated ribcage even in her baseline form? And combined with her body image issues pushing her to overdo it?

It is almost absurdly easy to overkill the bust size so that taking that Normal Form and scaling upward to Shipgirl Form results in, well...

[​IMG]

And it's not like she'll feel (or have experience of) back strain or painful bounciness that tell her that maybe it's a good idea to not go overboard.

Then there's what happens if she'd idly wished that she'd had large enough breasts that she couldn't fit in her locker, which means another cup size or two on top of that.

[​IMG]

Autocorruptor likes this.
  4. Fencer

Fencer Weaponized Randomness

I realize I’m truly behind the curve here but I have to pitch in something I haven’t noticed anyone else say so far. The ship girls heights and sizes were determined in part by making a scale of ship sizes and then matching that to a human scale. Taylor is the only ship girl in existance and the only one we expect to see in this story. You have no need to base her measurments on the shipgirls from the show. If you want to establish a scale compare ships from Stargate and find Taylor’s ships place on THAT scale, then find the equivilant on the human scale.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  5. Guardian54

I advise against this simply because Atlantis is a ship... yeah have a think on that shipgirl.

fireball900 and Darman Skirata like this.
  6. Fencer

.... your point is well made.... retracted.

7. Guardian54

Or the scale could be logarithmic...
    but even then...

...Well, Taylor could always get to re-experience infancy. So, how do you think the Control Freak will handle needing someone to help change her nappies?

8. Fencer

Look I already conceded defeat. To be fair though I was not thinking about Stargate atlantis at all.... and wouldn’t atlantis be on a similar scale to an island or instalation princess? Relativly speaking I mean?

9. TCGM

I have already made my decision. I will be going by ship classes and their representations in KanColle. Scaled up if necessary for a height difference.

Moreover, Taylor's opinions on this matter not at all. She doesn't get a say in how her proportions end up going. It's entirely Magic/My call and her mental ideas are pretty much worthless for the outcome.

I could do that, which would take quite a while, but I don't really want to. And, also, the scale is pretty solid with what I've decided anyways, as it can be argued that Alkesh are Destroyer-class, the Prometheus was a Cruiser, and the Daedalus is a Battlecruiser.

Atlantis is a ship but she is also a city and, more importantly, an Installation. Larger than the KanColle Installations, to be sure, but on the same kind of scale compared to the ships of SG. She would likely have their proportions if I don't choose to do something else.

See above^

No.

Yes, Atlantis would likely qualify as an Installation in this comparison.

10. Guardian54

My interests include: terribad jokes, punishable puns, hyperbolic hypotheticals, alarmingly alienating alliteration, etc.

Just make sure "each race has their own scaling" to not have Auroras (classed as battleships) at 3km make everyone else lolis :)

11. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

Ise and Hyuuga were originally battleships completed in the closing days of WWI but had no part in that war. By WWII they were obsolete despite attempts to modernize them.
    They were eventually partially converted into seaplane carriers in a rush job and have been called the world's only battlecarriers, as all the rest were at best paper ships. They sacrificed their rear armament to be able to carry two dozen seaplanes. A combination of battleship and carrier, the deck was too short for the recovery of normal planes.

I should note that some early converted carriers like the Akagi and Kaga, or the United States Lexington & Saratoga had some relatively big guns comparable to heavy cruiser on them at the start of the war, although the U.S. replaced them with 5" DP guns to aid air defense and the Japanese probably would have done so as well if they hadn't lost the ships at Midway. IIRC the only aircraft carrier ever to sink an enemy vessel in surface combat was U.S.S. White Planes that got a lucky shot on IJN Chokai during the Battle of Samar, part of the Battle of Leyte Gulf.

12. litaispe

litaispe -

It will be amusing when Taylor realizes she has tons and tons of fail-safes designed to prevent the Odyssey from accidentally blowing shit up. And by design they are bypassable cos shit always hits the fan, and that planet just needs to go.

It is also introduced as a 'Deep Space Carrier' and I think that was on it's name plaque at one stage. I think they deliberately bounce around with the classification and mostly just call it a 'capital ship' since Stargate-verse is a capital-ship-supremacy setting where fighters outside of tiny niches aren't hugely worth it

Stargate ships are appear to be mostly (empty) storage spaces and redundant equipment. The Odyssey probably has more raw internal storage capacity than a RL wet-navy super-carrier, because Stargate super-tech bounces between hilariously compact and hilariously large with little middle-ground.

As for the Odyssey, we know it can remain powered for 60 years without refueling while running energy intensive workloads with the (not empty!!) ZPM.

Prince Charon likes this.
  13. celdak

celdak Getting sticky.

New kanmusu Taylor? Stargate content? SG1 stay as people instead of fairies? Can this even get better?

14. Fencer

Yes. Eating probably recharges the zpm.... though that might require some stupidly spicy food if my understanding of the series is correct. Better, Sam is onboard so upgrades with stolen tinker tech are a future possibility if given sufficient time.

15. celdak

celdak Getting sticky.

ZPM isn't rechargeable as far i know, though she most certainly has separate power source, like the Asgardian one.

16. litaispe

litaispe -

They should have half a dozen or so of those backpack-sized naquadah reactors for emergency power. Each one of those is something like a dozen megawatt of power output. You can crank out multi-gigawatt power output out off those backpack reactors if you are willing to run the risk of the naquadah going nuclear before it exhausts the naquadah fuel.

SG1/Carter once used one of them as an improvised ~20 kiloton nuclear explosive with a suicide overload.

Darman Skirata and Prince Charon like this.
  17. TCGM

Or I could just use Oddy!Taylor as a class marker and scale everything off her.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seems to me like Ise/Hyuuga are good analogues for the Prometheus, then. Also that KanColle is full of crap when it calls them BB and, in Kai form, BBV.

And even more amusing when she ends up bypassing any safeguards she herself sets because she has to. The meme must become real!

I'm aware of the DSC classification of the Daedalus class ships. It came later on in the series. I'm of the opinion Oddy has two classifications, both valid, one which is a holdover from a wet navy system and the other a new one for a space navy.

Aye, they are mostly empty storage space. But they are also made out of Naquadah, a superheavy element. Imo that counters any mass difference not being loaded down by cargo would provide.

Nor was the ZPM full. We aren't quite sure how full it was. I'm just gonna go with half full and leave it there for my own sanity. It isn't like they were concerned about losing power anytime soon, see Old!Sam's statement about continuing to run the field no problem, and a full ZPM would likely be able to reverse the field all on its own without needing to use the Ori Explodey Beam o' Death.

Oh yes it can. Next chapter will show why.

Eating does not recharge the ZPM. The Odyssey does not have the equipment needed to do such a thing. Daedalus class ships can refill their Naquadah and Naquadria by mining it, but not ZPMs.

Which makes them the equivalent of Fuel Barrels for KanColle ships.

Which just means Taylor eating makes more of them at full charge.

ZPMs have to be rechargeable some way. Likely a way specific to the Alterans. Perhaps they used their abilities to reinitialize the subspace regions, perhaps they charged them inside stars like Destiny can sundive, we don't know. I'm partial to the answer being both, where an Alteran would 'reset' a ZPM, then it would charge to full initial state inside a star (or around a black hole).

They don't really need emergency power, but the Naquadah Reactors are nice things to have. Oddy!Taylor has both a completely full ZPM and Asgard power generation systems at the start of this fic.

18. Fencer

oh, well, that’s even better! Sam is going to have a complete breakdown the first time that happens.

19. Guardian54

That WOULD work... if you really want to use "Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever" trope when it comes to stuff like Atlantis or even the Auroras.

I have a formula for shipgirl heights that you might be interested in. It produces reasonable numbers for all the KanColle ship classes:
    Shipgirl Height in Centimeters = 95 + 0.2*Length (in meters) + 1*Beam (in meters) + 1.5*Draft (in meters) + 0.00005*Displacement (in tons)

For a South Carolina class battleship that gave me 157.995cm, a bit dumpy for a battleship but probably quite thicc given the hull form. (Fulfilled my "HMS Dreadnought should not be significantly less than 160cm, and the South Carolinas over 155cm at least" metric)
    A Flower-class corvette came in at 122.912cm and Type D kaibokan at 122.115cm (in other words, elementary schoolers)
    Iowa-class at 199.6cm
    Yamato at 205.75cm ("Yamato not significantly over 205cm" was a metric when making the formula)

Now this runs into an immediate problem for starships: Cross-sectional area is not a problem. Also, there is no draft, So width and HEIGHT multipliers need to be adjusted, otherwise even without a tonnage this would spit out 347.5cm height for a BC-302 shipgirl, which is perhaps a little bit obvious among a crowd of normal humans.

The upper limit on human females is around 210cm, so we're looking at no greater than 210cm tall even for the 650m interpretation, which is about thrice the canon claim, which means we go from 200-225m by 90-95m by 70-75m to 650m by 280m by 220m.

F-302s are hyperspace-capable, therefore they should be able to manifest their own shipgirls instead of be fairy-piloted. They would need to be infantile murder-machines, but since 2-3-year-olds (EDIT: sorry, not 1-year-olds...) are around 90-100cm tall we're looking at 100cm as the bottom line for an F-302. Canonically they are 14.26 x 26.17 x 5.92 m in LWH.

You will notice I'm throwing displacement almost totally out the window here as the dimensions are damning enough.

Best I can come up with on short notice is Shipgirl heihgt in cm = 100 + 0.05*length (meters) + 0.1* width (meters) + 0.1* height (meters), which makes Auroras even at 3km x 500m x 500m come in at 350cm tall, but that can be handwaved somehow with a different scaling factor once the dimensions exceed some threshold, since it spits out good numbers for the F-302 (103.922cm) and BC-304 (182.5cm)

The more I look at Stargate, the more I think it needs a two-part function for each dimension mapping to shipgirl height.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Vyrexuviel likes this.
  20. SOnzofzsea

SOnzofzsea Getting out there.

Is great looking forward for more
    Multiple forms sounds great
    and if she made two cape personal
    like one for when being serious and one when doing pr stuff helping people

i am perrty sure this isn't neco because it with in a month

21. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Oh gawd.

I feel sorry for whatever poor schmuck pushes her buttons.

Bring it, bitches.

Poe Darkly, icesonic and bearblue like this.
  22. SOnzofzsea

SOnzofzsea Getting out there.

Not sure if anyone has asked this
    but can sg1 still effect anything with the control if she isn't blocking them
    and will it change anything if the move a round the ship to other rooms

23. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

Not really. BB is appropriate for the pre-1943 refit. BBV is appropriate for them after December of 1943. So the Kai form can represent the conversion from BB to BBV.

I always though of the ZPMs to be like non-rechargeable Alkaline batteries. Once the charge is used up, you just throw it away and get a new one.

24. celdak

celdak Getting sticky.

My opinion exactly, I think that ZPM, once made, either has some volume of universe chosen it uses up in some manner, or is created with pocket universe for that purpose (fuck conservation of energy, right?)

Darman Skirata likes this.
  25. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

I always wonder why there wasn't some association between the idea of Daoist Immortals and Ascension in Stargate TV series.

26. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

So, Xianxia and Stargate crossover? And all the Ascended is actually gone to the Higher World? Damn, someone need to make that.

27. the DragonBard

Not quite.
    There are legends in Chinese culture about Sages who through meditation and mental/spiritual disciplines were able to achieve a form of immortality and transcend into beings of spirit. Aka Ascension.

Just surprised no one in the series commented on it, even though Daniel should have come across them during his studies you'd think.

Darman Skirata and icesonic like this.
  28. Fencer

meh not really surprised here. Daniel’s focus was almost entirely on egyption in the early seasons of the series and branched out weirdly into, I think, celtic? When the asgard showed up. Mostly because he was the history guy and they suddenly needed someone who knew about that too. So why add a new character when the old one can just instantly learn new tricks? Anyway point is the show didn’t have a lot of (any?) eastern mythology worked into it. It’s very likely the writers didn't even know much eastern mythology. And the mythology was really more of a convieniant naming convention for the .... (I’m not even going to try spelling it, brain snakes, there that works) and Asgard then anything else.

29. the DragonBard

System Lord Yu, who was the Jade Emperor showed up a few times, and I think Amaterasu, Susano, and Raiden as well.
    For some reason, the Gou'ld seemed to focus around the Mediterranean.

Darman Skirata likes this.
  30. litaispe

litaispe -

Daoist Immortals are in general; assholes so utterly assholish they break their own setting unless a vastly larger power makes them behave.

Stargate Ancient's main conceit is they are well Ancient. And have a powerful first mover advantage and are utterly willing to hammer anyone who breaks their non-interference rules.

Sure Stargate Ancient's pushed abusive precursors, but except for a few very small cases the setting is dealing with them as mysterious precursors. Not physical deity #12345 who will shatter your life if you don't follow pointless social etiquette that only exists for lessers to venerate people who profess to not require it.

RichardWhereat likes this.