1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Updates?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by halo3vsloz, Oct 14, 2018.

1. halo3vsloz

halo3vsloz A Writer for Fun

Hello, i've had the idea of an interlude that would fit well in my story, but far earlier. Is there anyway to move that update to a specific page?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Make the post and tell me where it should go.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. halo3vsloz

I had about four of them. Is it fine for me to post them?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Biigoh

Sure... just let me know where they should be.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. halo3vsloz

Neck Country
    3 Months Later...
    "Okay guys, you can take a break!" Naruto says, smiling as the civilians he was training into shinobi groaned. It had been a while since he had become the leader of a small town, several of the surrounding villages combining with his own to form a small rebel group within Neck Country against the two major lords. It broke Naruto's heart to see the people so distraught and miserable, but it made it swell when he saw all those with hope in their eyes ready to fight for a better future, the same fire within them as when he had been a genin back in...Konoha.

"No Naruto, don't think about it. What's done is done, no use crying about it." He whispers to himself as he watches the recruits from the surrounding villages rest, his shadow clones having trained them to the brink in basic ninja techniques. While it wasn't the most amazing training, it made them competent enough to take on the samurai of Neck Country, most of the samurai from the Eastern Continent never having gone to Iron Country for training. He waits a few minutes as they drink water and rest before whistling at them. "All right, that's enough! Let's get back to it!" He yells, causing the newbies to groan, the blonde giving them a huge grin as they return to their weapons training. And the grin was one of true happiness, not like the fake ones he wore back in Konoha, the ones that didn't quite reach his eyes but made everyone around him believe he was happy, and sometimes, he even believed his own lie.

But he was tired of lying to himself, and now that he was free, he was able to pursue life's passions, just like Karin-chan pursued her passion for healing and fuinjutsu. Just thinking about the redhead made him blush, her crimson hair like a red sun in his eyes, just like her crimson eyes were. It made him feel...whole, like something was missing and now he had finally been completed. He admitted that he liked her, and wanted her to stay with him for the rest of his life so he could feel complete, but for now...he had to finish conquering Neck Country. He would make sure she was completely safe before he asked her to become his other half.

She deserved nothing less.

'Just like the people here deserve safety and order,' Naruto thought as he helped a recruit line up his shuriken to help hit the target. Personally, he had grown to love teaching, seeing nin he had taught improve and grow making him reminisce about a certain brunette in Konoha. 'I wonder how Konohamaru is doing?' He asks himself before shaking his head. 'Dammit, I really can't leave that place behind can I?' Naruto asks himself, before resuming training the recruits. They may be superior to the samurai they were fighting against, but he had been attacked by several groups of unaligned nin, wearing no headbands and only strange Anbu-like masks. He didn't think he could raise them to a level strong enough to fight them, but he would give them a fighting chance.

And if they couldn't handle it...he would.
    1 Month later...

Rumubi Stockpile
    Tuir Gumuchi was a samurai.

Not a particularly good one, but not a bad one. Just enough to please his Lord Kazahaki Urika.

And unfortunately for him, he was simply another casualty of the Civil War that consumed Neck Country as a kunai slit his throat. The man fell to the ground, blood slipping down his neck as he desperately clutched his throat. "All clear Naruto-sama," One of the nin says. The blonde creeps through the window, spotting the body on the floor and barely flinching. 'This is war.' He reminds himself as he steps over the body, looking at the large store room full of containers of burnpowder, an explosive substance that used to be used for a weapon called guns, before they were deemed too inefficient and too weak to kill chakra using shinobi, the energy reinforcing their bodies to take blows that would kill lesser men. However, it was still used for cannons and explosives, so it was quite useful for warfare.

And now, it belonged to Naruto.

"Sneak in and put them in the barracks. A good chunk of the soldiers should be sleeping, so set them off when I give the signal." Naruto whispers out, the nin nodding as he sealed several into scrolls before departing. "And now to..." Naruto dodges a kunai, using his tetsubo as a make shift shield. "Another one? Jeez you guys don't know when to quit do you?" Naruto asks, forced to dodge as several shuriken are sent his way. Naruto goes through several handseals, trying to keep his techniques quiet and subdued so he wouldn't wake up the guards. They had came this far, finally managing to infiltrate one of the Lord's of Neck Country. He wasn't going to let this chance to take out one of the enemy leaders slip through his fingers. His eyes narrow as he sees the Oni mask glinting in the darkness.

"So you're the Demon of Neck Country? The one who's been rumored to revel in the chaos?" Naruto asks, tilting his head. The shinobi doesn't reply, only pulling out a kunai and standing his guard, the two slowly circling around each other. "You don't look very demonic, trust me I'd know," Naruto chuckles, patting his stomach causing the Demon's eyes to narrow behind his mask. "and from your attitude, I can tell you don't revel in this...so why do it? You've been reported to have killed several nobles who have tried to make peace between the two sides, but you don't seem to revel in it."

"My reasons are my own." The Demon said, repeating the same line he had said before when a wannabe shinobi had tried to stop him. He lunged forward, trying to get closer to the boy so that if he swung his club, he would be passed it's reach. Unfortunately, he didn't count on a tongue to lance out from a space above the boy's shoulder, a chameleon revealing itself as the Demon stumbles back, his mask falling off his face.

"It seems he isn't much of a demon at all is he, brat?" Kodai asks, perched on top of Naruto's shoulder.

"Yep, seems to be human enough...so who are you?" Naruto asks, the man showing no emotion as he stared into the blonde's eyes.

"No.74." He replies.

(TO BE CONTINUED!)​

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. halo3vsloz

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Biigoh

Erm... you MIGHT wanna link me where they're suppose to go, ie what post are they suppose to be after.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. halo3vsloz

Can you put it on page 8 of Naruto: True Colors, right after Change Arc: Neck Country Civil War Part 1?

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/naruto-true-colors.7757/page-8#post-2049367

I've got three more after this, but I don't want to bother you today with them. Is there any time that you'd recommend me messaging you?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Biigoh

10. halo3vsloz

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Biigoh

Basically, what I did was copied one of your posts and then edited it in. Which does require a moderator to do this.

The other thing you could do is to post in the thread as normal, and it's possible to edit the threadmark so it links in behind the post you want.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. halo3vsloz

Damn, so i'm going to have to contact a moderator every time :(

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Biigoh

Or you could use the threadmarks system for "extras" for all of your interludes and note when it takes place as a author's notes.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. halo3vsloz

Yeah, but I'm way WAY farther ahead in the story, and popping it now would make it feel unnatural. I'm trying to put these in so an earlier part, a Civil War, feels more natural, as several of my commentors have said that it seemed to be over too quickly.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Biigoh

The alternative would be to link me to the posts you want to put them after.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. halo3vsloz

Do you mind if I do another one tomorrow?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Biigoh

Sure... no worries... just link me what posts you want them after and I'll duplicate the posts for you and you can then edit in the new updates.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. halo3vsloz

Thanks.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. halo3vsloz

"Yep, seems to be human enough...so who are you?" Naruto asks, the man showing no emotion as he stared into the blonde's eyes.

He doesn't reply. The Demon throws a flashbang, blinding the boy for an instant, but an instant is all he needs as he lunges forward, grabbing the boy by his arm and pulling him forward, jamming the kunai into his heart. The Demon's eyes narrow as the blonde explodes in a puff of smoke. 'Shadow clones...but how does he know that technique?' He says, his guard up as he looks around the clearing. 'It was hard enough to learn that while in the Foundation, but...' He is thrown back as a large burst of wind from Kodai slams him into a tree, the man grunting in pain. He forces himself to move out of the way, however, as Naruto slams his tetsubo into the spot where he had been, reducing it to splinters. 'He's powerful. It would be prudent for me to make this a ranged battle.' He thinks as he goes through several handsigns.

"Earth Style: Rocket Rock." The Demon whispers out, the black haired man slamming his hand on the ground. A large slab of earth shoots out, the blonde taking the hit as he's sent flying back once again...only to poof into smoke. 'Another clone?!' The shinobi thinks, clearly frustrated that he couldn't tell whether his opponent was real or fake. 'Well, he must be starting to get low on chakra. No one can make that many...' His eyes widen as three more clones come his way. 'And now he's even further exhausted himself. Is he just dumb, or does he have a trick up his sleeve?' The Demon of Neck Country thinks before he is forced into melee combat with the clones.

He grabs the first one by the wrist, pulling his arm around his back and slamming his kunai into it, causing it to disperse. He ducks under the second one's swing, headbutting it's jaw with the top of his head, the blonde clone dispersing in a puff of smoke. The last one charges forward, all smiles as it tackles the Demon, forcing him onto the ground. The man's eyes widen as the clone begins to glow and deform, a clear sign of an explosive clone. At the last moment he substitutes himself with a piece of rubble, the rock taking the blow as the clone explodes. The Demon huffs, the substitution jutsu being a rather heavy technique chakra wise, before he feels his senses screaming at him.

Ducking down, Naruto's tetsubo flies over his head. The Demon swings his legs, tripping the blonde, and upon hitting the blonde, he doesn't disperse. 'The real one then,' The Demon says as he pounces onto the boy, landing blow after blow on the teen's face. 'It hurts just to punch him,' The Demon thinks as he continues to wail on Naruto, despite the pain in his fists. 'Some kind of body kekkai genkai?'

"Kodai...now," Naruto says through bloody lips, The Demon's eyes widening as pain explodes from his shoulder. The man jumps off of the blonde, cradling his wounded shoulder, blood pouring out of it at an alarming rate as a kunai stuck out of it. "You used the anti-clotting poison, right?" Naruto asks as he stands up, his wounded face rapidly healing. The older chameleon grins as he crawls up the blonde's shoulder.

"Of course brat, what else would I use?" The chameleon asks, the blonde sending him a grin.

'This is bad.' The Demon says, 'I can't continue my mission to disrupt this country if I die. And I do not want to fight an enemy that has some sort of body bloodline, but also summons, especially not wounded. I'll use some clotting agents to help fix my wounds back at base, for now, I'll have to retreat for now.' He says, before throwing another flashbang on the ground, the man disappearing as the two rub their eyes.

"Dammit he got away," Naruto groans, "Oh well, we'll get him eventually. I ain't exactly gonna cry about not having to fight someone like him. Either way, you and me gotta go see the asshole lord who wants to rule this-" A large explosion goes off, the shockwave causing the blonde to stumble back. "Wow! They weren't really kidding when they said that powder was explosive! Believe it!" The blonde says, spotting his shinobi running back, scrolls full of loot from the castle...and a large man with them. "And there's Urika-san with them. Welp, better get going. See ya later ya cranky bastard."

"See ya, blond brat." Kodai says, reverse summoning himself back to the Kamereon Forest. Naruto rolls his eyes at the chameleon's parting words, before he goes through several handsigns, blowing a fireball into the air, a signal for them to retreat back to the main town.

Back in the Village of Syuri...
    Kazahaki Urika woke with a groan, before his eyes popped open when he felt the cold floor beneath him. He looked around, spotting the bars in front of him...and a blonde standing outside of them. "You...you dare imprison me?!" Kazahaki says, infuriated at the grin the teen was giving him. "Do you know who I am?!"

"Kazahaki Urika, the man who has helped perpetuate the war in this country, caused mass starvation when you killed off the enemies farmers, and have levied large taxes against your people, not to mention your draft." Naruto snorts, "If I were you, I'd be beggin' me to kill you right now, because at least I'd do it quickly. The people out there," Kazahaki could vaguely hear the outcry outside, "not so much. Besides, it doesn't really matter. You're dead no matter what you do, but at least hanging will be far less painful than what they originally wanted to do to you," Naruto shudders, having had to talk the people down from Crucifixion. "Either way, this will be your last hour in the impure world. Enjoy it while you can." The blonde says before walking off.

Kazahaki slumps, cradling his head in his hands, and let despair fill him... ​

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. halo3vsloz

Ddmkm122 likes this.