1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

She can see the possible future all the time,it must be a partial budding of the thinker aspect to Taylor powers,she spent three more months being bullied.she could have budded with at least a dozen people...who have the potential have trigger with an administrative or master version of her powers.I wouldn't be surprised if Dinah knows it's Literally Taylor's fault for what Coiled.it only gives her headaches when being she's asked questions.Taylor is the superpowered versionversion of typhoid Mary.

2. BlackBulletOfSeven

BlackBulletOfSeven Making the rounds.

So your telling me that if you had super precog powers, you wouldn't ask yourself the probability of getting a mythical beast as a pet?

Scrub.

3. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

No, that's Taylor in Copacetic; this is Amelia.:D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  4. dasstan

dasstan :)

.... Noooooo...ooo..oo?

You understand that Dinah has been a cape for nearly as long as Taylor, did not run in the same circles, and is far more likely to have come into contact with one of the Protectorate capes, right? What with her cousin being a member and everything. If she's a bud (which I don't believe she is) it would be from one of them.

And you don't get a 'partial bud', you get a bud, or your shard pings off other shards and uses their information to help establish its own manifestation.

Not only that, we have Word of Scion that QA has only budded once.
    edit: Could not find why I thought this was the case. So removing it from consideration.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    PineTreeq, TanaNari and powerofvoid like this.
  5. Snake/Eater

I meant in the sense she was depressed and scared all the time that her shard was budding with people close by. Before she started hanging out with the undersiders.

6. dasstan

Still doesn't change anything.
    :V

TanaNari likes this.
  7. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

And in Copacetic, Taylor sometimes accidentally's the people around her into parahumans...and can hand out parahuman powers practically at will...

TanaNari likes this.
  8. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

... she sees the future?

Her power works by showing her images, and it gives her numbers by being really good at interpreting and counting them. She doesn't often look any closer than the numerical summaries of the answers, because it gives her headaches faster, but she can.

daimahou, PineTreeq, TanaNari and 2 others like this.
  9. Personlike

Personlike Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Does Dinah remind anyone else of the Archive from Dresden?

TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  10. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Don't trust Dinah.

Also, if you can't figure out how Dinah could figure out that one (or more) of the S9 survive, then figure out which one survived... you aren't very bright.

The gryphon part? Nah, that she probably didn't know. But, then, she didn't claim that she did.

11. skychan

skychan Know what you're doing yet?

This is exactly what I thought. She was refering to the fact she knew Bonesaw was going to be alive.

Also as was said earlier. She was so cute when she used adult speak to say, "Can I please go play with the rest of the kids now and show off my pretty kiten eagle?"

12. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Just finished binge-reading all of it so far, and I have to ask - what happened at the end of Chapter 68? Because I feel like I missed something.

13. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Basically Riley created a bug-remote control with Amy's help that would make the controlled bugs re-create the trigger-vision by using them in a similar fashion as fireworks.

All the non-parahumans simply saw a nice show.
    The parahumans saw the trigger vision but the stranger effect made them basicaly ignore it and after that forget it all together.
    Miss Militia on the other hand has perfect recal and can remember the vision, and when she saw the recreation she recognised the Entities and exclaimed : "It's them"

In a later chapter Amy and Riley use the recording of the vision (and the recording of the rest of pantheon watching the recording) as a means to help Lisa's power to find a way around the Taboo, first for her and then for the rest of Pantheon

TanaNari and DasNiveau like this.
  14. dasstan

They stumbled across the taboo. Taylor's bugs imitated the trigger vision, causing everyone still under the effects to black out. Hannah, having perfect memory, didn't.

edit: Zombie-Imp'd.

TanaNari and DasNiveau like this.
  15. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Well, she saved one or two questions a day to ask for herself. All it takes is one "Chance S9 will come to town." to know it'll happen, and they're a known threat. After Leviathan showed up she may have asked "chance and other S class threats show in the next X amount of time."

"Chance they kill me." - Would have been lowish I guess?
    "Chance they run." - High chance, in a way it's what the remaining S9 members were trying to do. Makes he optimistic
    "Chance we kill them/half of them/specific members." - Over a variety of days.

And she works it out from there.

Dim?

Minor correction: That didn't get around Taboo, they all just know there is a taboo, and have policies for dealing with it where applicable. Not sure about whats happening now, their brain tech might have gotten past it.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  16. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

Complex power interaction leading to precog immunity? That's an interesting theory I haven't heard before. However, Contessa's interlude shows her limitations were artificial and that she had no trouble predicting Scion and Eden before they were placed.

Perhaps it's the artificial limitations that are based on that somehow?

17. dasstan

Of course it's artificial. All the limitations placed on the shards are.

Presumably, they placed the complex power interactions under the taboo because it easily leads to the idea of the Entities themselves, and they don't want that. They learned their lesson about giving the host species too much information:

18. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

You have to remember that both scion/zion and eden are cases of massive power interaction; technically being nothing but; and as such any artificial precognition and thinker block designed to force ignorance of the entities has a descent chance of also forcing you to ignore anything like the entities, in this case power interaction.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Rapey_Lemons and TanaNari like this.
  19. Snake/Eater

what if the reason for the sanction on realities is because most parahumans are drawing some kind of energy from them...they might actually be killing people on different earth bets...Then Amelia and the group learned they are a Scion too.:p

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  20. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

you're like Luna Lovegood; so many interesting things happening in your head that don't match what everyone else sees. your world must be fascinating.

21. dasstan

[​IMG]

*cough*

22. Snake/Eater

well didn't any see how similar the thinker aspect is between Taylor and Dinah,isn't it a fun coincident they live in the same city.the only contacts between Taylor to Dinah was through her father when he did business with Mayor office and Sophia.has no one heard of "six degrees of separation".i'm not going recite the definition for you.as no one seems to use evidence to support their assumptions.:p and is the broken image supposed to mean something..that i am broken, you, or your faulty beliefs.....you got burned son...BURNED.lol just joking

23. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Image broken.

24. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Nope.

25. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

[​IMG]

26. dasstan

How bout now?

27. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

I don't think they are similar. One has arbitrary amounts of multitasking and the ability to interpret non-human senses, and the other can get statistics about an array of possible futures. Any definition that called them related would be so broad that all informational powers could be called related.

As far as Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon goes, basically any two Thinkers are related by that measure, even if we restrict ourselves to relationships that existed at the beginning of canon.

Taylor <-> Emma <-> Alan Barnes <-> Carol Dallon <-> Armsmaster <-> Alexandria <-> Contessa

See?

You might want to get some sleep.
    Yeah, pretty much.

28. dasstan

You could just go from Taylor to Sophia and bypass Emma, Alan, and Carol, you know.

29. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Or you could just cheat.

Every parahuman only has, at most, three degrees of separation. Host > shard > shard > host. Two if they're both Scion shards.

30. Snake/Eater

you failed to take in the fact the shard can move to a different host after a certain time period if the person has failed to trigger.