1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Plot of next part of The End of the Circus (Possible Rule 8 issue)

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Pyeknu, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Pyeknu

Pyeknu Cross-Dimensional Magical Sith GIrl

To Whomever This May Concern,

Apologies for posting this here as I can't find any sort of place to query the mods about a planned plot point in my story The End of the Circus. However, the next scene to be written up will be dealing with issues concerning North Korea and one of the people who contributes to the story warned me of a possible Rule 8 issue with this.

I'm enclosing the suggested plot in this letter. Will this cause issue with Rule 8?

Thanks again!
    Fred

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Don't think stuff about North Korea should be an issue, myself.

Also, you could have used private messages for that, you know?

Ddmkm122 and Pyeknu like this.
  4. Pyeknu

Didn't know you could do that when it came to issues like this. I'm something of a newbie on this board, so I'm still getting used to things.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Honestly, it's actually nice that you checked to make sure it wouldn't break the rules.

6. Pyeknu

No problem. I got burned badly over on SpaceBattles when the content of the story rose some eyebrows...and this was a YEAR after I first started writing the story.

Better be safe than sorry.

Thanks again.

Yurihime, january1may and Ddmkm122 like this.
  7. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

While I am not familiar with this story, I have read other Pyeknu's stories. I do not believe this will be much of an issue, as while he tends to often weaves the fantastical into the normal. he doesn't dwell to much on real world politics. While it may edge up against current politics, I doubt we will have much cause of concern in the matter.

8. Pyeknu

True. And since The West Wing is one of the shows my story is based on, the politics of North Korea - if at that - wouldn't really reflect what's going on these days.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

I'm inclined to extend a strong benefit of the doubt to stories themselves regarding Rule 8 concerns. Unless you're actually trying to use a story as an excuse to start a political shitstorm, I don't think it'll be a problem.

A geopolitical drama based loosely on modern state politics, as this seems to be, should be just fine.

MadKeyboard, Ddmkm122 and Pyeknu like this.
  10. Pyeknu

I'm not one for flame wars, so you don't have to worry about that.

Ddmkm122 likes this.