1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Support Teh Squirrelly

Discussion in 'General' started by Master of Squirrel-fu, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

dragonx99 likes this.
  2. Master of Squirrel-fu

Latest commission for Biigoh
    [​IMG]

Dakkaface, Biigoh and dragonx99 like this.
  3. Master of Squirrel-fu

Current situation: I have two minor commissions left I should eb able to complete tomorrow in some form or another.

For the work situation, despite having the interview I haven't heard back despite being promised I would even if just to let me know I wasn't accepted. I'm still looking for work, and I did find a new site that shows there may be more jobs available in my small town. Not the kind that I have experience in, nor near as much as before bt the latter issue is balanced out by the fact that I don't have to commute 50+ miles daily if I can find it locally. If I can find one nearby I can knock off $3 an hour and still about break even.

Dakkaface and Biigoh like this.
  4. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

This is pretty much a SOP line as I recall. Make sure to periodically call them. I want to say once every week, but research it before you call.

5. Master of Squirrel-fu

So back, right now I think I'm free for more commissions.

As a status update I have managed to get another interview with a nearby employer that's large enough that I think I can likely get the job.

Biigoh and Garahs like this.
  6. Master of Squirrel-fu

As a reminder I am still open for commissions, be it art, writing, or some other activity.

In job news I am still unemployed, I've not seen much opportunity since the last status update.

7. Master of Squirrel-fu

Latest Commission for Nevindar
    [​IMG]

And again, Commissions are still open.

Still no progress on the job hunt. I was contacted by one employer in a similar field to what I had before, though they were checking on if travel time would be an issue and explained where their office was located. I had thought it would be similar distance like my previous job, just off the highway into the major city nearby. No, it was off the highway, over 2 very congested highways, and far enough away that it's on the opposite side of the city from where I commute in from. So enough gas that I would be making nothing with all the gas used and would need to wake up 2 extra hours early to get to it compared to my previous job in the city.

dragonx99 likes this.
  8. Master of Squirrel-fu

9. Master of Squirrel-fu

Some Halloween stuff
    [​IMG]

dragonx99 likes this.
  10. Master of Squirrel-fu

Latest Commission Art for Patreon
    [​IMG]

And here is some concept art for my upcoming NaNoWriMo project Howl
    [​IMG]
    Please consider becoming a Patron and feeding a hungry Squirrel. Patrons get rewards such as early access to upcoming chapters, viewing exclusive arts, Voting for commissions, and at higher levels guaranteed commissions of either art or writing.

Xicree, Biigoh and dragonx99 like this.
  11. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Oh! I very much like this design. ^_^

12. Master of Squirrel-fu

Back again, with bad news.

While I was able to get a job it's only part time and not enough to cover the full payments I need on the mortgage for my house. Car troubles has eaten up what little savings I had so I literally don't have enough to pay even the full mortgage this month. I have a refund coming in but I have no idea when it will arrive and it may take up to 3 weeks before I see it if it isn't delayed even further (I've had it delayed months before).

So right now, at a minimum, even taking into account an upcoming paycheck I'll probably need to scrounge up about 200-300 dollars to make it through this month.

Any commissions are welcome, I really need some extra money.

13. Threadmarks: Back to whoring
    Master of Squirrel-fu

Well Commissions are once again open. Gotta make enough to cover mortgage and bills for febuary. Only got enough for one or the other, not both.

So requests can be made here or in PM. Depending on the volume of requests I can get back with a finished product in a couple days but shouldn't take more than a week.

The process is simple; make a request, we clarify the details, i provide a rough draft to make sure we're on the same page and be sure this is for you. Then I work on the final drawing. Payments don't need to be made until I have the finished product, so don't worry about me skimping with your money if you're paranoid like I am.

General price guide:
    $15-$30 for 6x6 image depending on details and turnaround time (I can probably get one out in a few hours if I prioritize it)
    $50+ for larger 11x12 depending on the complexity of the image such as number of characters. This will probably take longer to provide.
    you are of course free to offer more if you think the picture is worth it.

You can click the link in my sig for my art thread to see more samples.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Threadmarks: And Thus Her Whoring Grew
    Master of Squirrel-fu

It's hard times out here, so I'd decided to once again sell out for that sweet sweet gas money. Also to pay for the 200 dollars I splurged on art supplies I don't know how to use. As a squirrel my impulse control tends to result in not giving things a first thought, let alone a second one.

Anyway, pretty much the same rules and prices as before. 15-20 bucks for something small and simple. However as Squirrelly has now actually gotten a full time job it will take longer to provide since I can only really work on my days off, also one of those days tends to be reserved for other important crap I need to get done. Like sleep, or cleaning the room, or playing DnD. Somewhere around 50-60 for something larger and/or more complex. And of course coloring costs extra, depending on how much of a pain in the ass coloring it would be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wasprider and dragonx99 like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Tomoe Umari (#UmARTi)
    Master of Squirrel-fu

Some fanart for a small time indie VTuber; Umari Tomoe. An Aggressively American Tomboy Horsegirl. This combination of qualities, quite obviously, activated every single one of my neurons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mizzet, Smurfpapa and Biigoh like this.
  16. Threadmarks: And thus my whoring grew...
    Master of Squirrel-fu

I got an account with Buy Me a Coffee in order to help finance my crippling dependency on food and shelter. It's a real problem I sadly can't seem to kick. I doubt it will do much but I'd like to eat a pizza more than once every few months, what with my other addiction to buying art supplies. I have many problems...