1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The logistics of Mass Isekai-ing an entire major City

Discussion in 'General' started by tahu1809, Jan 13, 2019.

1. tahu1809

tahu1809 Not too sore, are you?

So I was spit balling over on in the Dresden Files ideas thread (On Space Battles) about the logistics of Destiny crossover, and fairly quickly PatrickDiomedes brought up a fairly important point

The overall idea aside the idea of mass Isekai-ing an entire modern major city is an interesting premises. Something I think would be fun to explore even out side of a story setting.

So what do you think the people in a major modern city would need to do to adapt to survive if they suddenly found them-self's transported to another world/time?

Let's use my fanflic premise for now as a point of reference.

Destiny-verse earth finds that the swamp like ruins of what was once the city of Chicago have been swapped out with the the Dresden-vers US city of Chicago(and surrounding suburbs) circa 11:45 PM October 30, 2013.

Now after the intestinal confusion of whats happened, and confirmation that the city of Chicago is staying where it is for the duration what do you think people will need to do for the residents of Chicago-land to survive?

Coldbluestreak likes this.
  2. kingkiller

kingkiller A Not Bad Plum Gone for Good

But that wouldn't be all though. You'd also have all the supernatural beings in Chicago swapped over too. Including lots of nasty supernatural predators/beings who exploit humanity.
    Depending on whether or not the Fallen, Cabal, or hive can be used as food sources for those predators (and if they'd go after them to begin with) it would lead to a fight between the various factions who want to prey upon humanity, protect them, etc.
    And since a lot of factions are restrained by forces outside Chicago (the Unseelie Accords for example) depending on whether or not those were still binding/they still feared them that would add even more to the chaos and violence.

The outcome of the war between Chicago's supernatural factions would have more weight on whether or not the humans of Chicago survived than resources.

3. Nerx

Nerx HOORNGH!

On a scifi angle Isekai'ing a self-sufficieny Arcology seems fun. Have the mayor or urban spirit have an avatar to interact w the new world.

If you wanna go absolutelyfuckingnuts than apply that template to an Ecumenopolis. Different cities may also have unique pre-sekai powers. I'd Imagine 616 NYC to be strapped

4. EX143

EX143 Know what you're doing yet?

I'm pretty sure you just described a standard ISOT setup there...

5. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

Pretty much. I saw the "mass Isekai-ing a city" description and was all "wait, isn't it basically an ISOT?"

I guess it's only AH.com that has so much of a culture about those...

The NEET in the Tower and EX143 like this.
  6. tahu1809

Yeah. I had never head of it before I stated these three threads, and was only vaguely familiar with "1632: Ring of Fire" stories

7. EX143

EX143 Know what you're doing yet?

Ohh boy, you have no idea what you have missed out on then. There was one where the US of 2008 was ISOTed into WWII, another where it was the world of 1984. Then there was another with Germany being ISOTed into the world of Warhammer. That was an interesting one.

And a published story was one of The Lost Regiment, where a Union Regiment gets tossed into a world where beasts view humanity as nothing more than cattle. If you want film or anime there's The Final Countdown and Zipang... though the ultranationalist spin on the latter may render it less than palatable.

If you stumble onto one of those old threads, you will find plenty of discussion on uptime vs downtime tech, logistics and downtime improvisation along with tech improvements.

Teln likes this.
  8. tahu1809

I've saw"The Final Countdown" years ago actually.

9. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

My favorite is the one where the UK of 1980 is ISOTed into 1730. I don't think it exists anywhere outside AH.com though, and their version requires you to log in to read...

10. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Know what you're doing yet?

Power ( if its too hot or cold people will die before they get hungry and thirsty)
    food, clean water are priorities
    sewage and rubbish disposal
    medical care.

january1may likes this.