1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I Know right? I put the WRONG character on the bottom. Unforgivable. Not to mention all the

They had no choice but to break into my email and fuck with my shit. I broke the yaoi rules.

Still, I could fill a book with all the stupid, painful, or flat out impossible scenes some of these fangirls cook up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  2. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Close. Articles, not particles.

Articles are adjectives that point out specific nouns -- in English, "a", "an", and "the". English and Spanish use them a lot. Italian and German use them even more. Russian does not use them at all. This is why Russians who are still learning English tend to omit them; the concept just doesn't really exist in their native language.

Particles are words that are fixed in form, not changing to reflect grammatical usage, that influence how another word is meant to be understood. Probably the most common example is "not" because it doesn't change based on tense or number ("do not smoke" "he does not smoke" "he did not smoke" "they do not smoke" "you should not smoke") and it changes the meaning of the verb (specifically, it negates it).

Chojin Patriarch and Buggy123 like this.
  3. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Paul is basically a Orange Light Elemental inside a human body, if hes anything like other jumped up elementals , literally any sexual act of him should be able to get someone pregnant regardless of gender, species or if they are a cloud.
    Considering he is a Avarice Elemental it would probably be enough if the Queen desired to reproduce while Paul was pleasuring her and glowing orange at the same time.

They are both in monogamous relationships and the nature of their friendship would make it weird.

Alexandercctv and BBJimmy like this.
  4. Maxx Crowley

Well, clearly OL is going to rescue him from the Green Harpy who is mind tampering him in order to have her perfect tv sitcom life.

(which is basically how I see Canon M'gann and her manipulations)

5. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Superboy and Megan relationship is creppy as hell once she went from nice to manipulator bitch. Hence one of the reasons I am not fond of Young Justice.

Chaoswind likes this.
  6. Maxx Crowley

Especially after she'd mind crushed him once, leaving him and others helpless around a super villain.

No, I don't want to hear any shit about her being scared to have her white martian form seen. She doesn't get a pass for being a 'scared young girl."

But even worse was after she mind raped someone, Kon called her on it, and then she tried to tinker with his own mind to make him forget....and we are supposed to feel sorry for her for Kon being such an asshole. Thankfully, she as a whole load of girlfriends to gather round her and give her all that sympathy.

Man, I get so tired of the girl on boy double standard.

7. Aeess

I agree about the canon relationship between M'gann and Conner being pretty unhealthy.

but disagree about

She tempered his mind because he was trying to stop her from destroying the minds of her enemies, which is actually worse.

But the dynamics of the relationship between Paul and Kon are still to weird for them to have a healthy relationship.

8. Maxx Crowley

Two good friends who are openly affectionate, supportive, and caring for one another?

9. Aeess

Its a friendship between a 31 year old man and a very mature 1 year old (I think Kon is mature enough to consent, but the difference in life experience makes it really weird)
    They are also very close friend and were roommates for a long time of Kons life, Kons mother is also his Mentor, in addition to the way Paul emotionally supported Kon basically made him the closest thing Kon has to a brother(socially not genetically)

10. Maxx Crowley

M'gann's in her 50s.

At this point, Kon's mental age is far greater then his grown in a vat teenager age.

So.....sounds like a good foundation for a healthy relationship. Or do you keep your dating to total strangers you've never had a conversation with.

OL emotionally supported Kon? No kidding? I did that with all my boyfriends before they became so.

11. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think they meant in a familial sense, not a romantic or even traditional friendship sense. OL was the closest thing Kon had to a father figure until superman came back into the picture, and the dynamics of that could be.... off.

12. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm not sure you two can actually come to a agreement on this; standards of what sort of romantic relationships are acceptable are entirely social, there isn't any objective bit to measure against. Age, maturity, power disparity, supportiveness, w/e; mother nature don't give a fuck about fucks.

(Not that I'm saying that shit like pedophilia or emotionally abusive relationships are okay, just that mother nature cares about whether a individual can propagate the species and nothing else. She's like one of those old grandmas who is pretty nice to you but ends up saying super racist stuff at thanksgiving.)

13. Maxx Crowley

So OL is Daddy. Believe me, not an uncommon event in gay relationships XD.

Well...I'm sure if OL wants it bad enough, he can have Kon's butt-baby.

Obliviated fan and Alexandercctv like this.
  14. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Oh El has not had any sexual relacionships with Kon, not even when he was crazy or a demon that means that he won't do it.

Ardy likes this.
  15. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Man of steel, woman of kleenex might apply...

Maelgwyn likes this.
  16. Maxx Crowley

Oh sure, leave the poor lad with that Martian hussy. Have you no mercy? No heart?

Power rings are awesome.

17. Aeess

she was 48 in season 1, and we both already agree that their relationship is weird.

Like I said , Kon is Mature enough, but a age difference that big is still weird even both parties are old enough to consent(Paul has already lived his his twenties while Kon is still a high schooler)

a familiar relationship, not a romantic one. Its like Batman dating a member of the Batfamily.

Unless you mean it in a playful sense. that sound like a pretty unhealthy power difference in a relationship (I hope this isn't a violation of rule 1).

Do you have any particular reason to dislike WTR M'gann, or is merely her standing between your OTP?

Obliviated fan likes this.
  18. Maxx Crowley

I was off by two years.

Poor Diana. She'll never be allowed to date anyone not pushing 100 then.

>.>....Which he's done in more then one continuity.

You're completely missing the joke. Also I fail to see how my comment breaks 1: Play nice with the other members on the forums.

Well I do disapprove of wanton hetero-relationships (Think of the CHILDREN!). I also don't like M'gann at all, YJ or WTR. She still displayed that manipulative streak in the early parts of WTR, and I still question possible mental nudges on her part to start the relationship. Given that Kon was used to the Genomorphs touching his mind, I feel M'gann may have abused that familiarity to get what she wanted.

19. Aeess

you're probably right

Lets be honest literally any romantic relationship she starts would be weird, People are usually not born in her circumstance and she is a member of a pantheon full of fucked up family dynamics.

And the fans still considers it weird and creepy. Its probably the main reason why the Killing Joke movie was judged mediocre.

I meant my own comment. I wasn't sure if it counts as kink shaming.

Fair enough, I doubt thats the case since Zoat seems to like M'gann.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Ardy likes this.
  20. Maxx Crowley

Is everything weird to you?

Didn't say I approved, just that it's happened.

Good thing I'm only mostly taking the piss solely for my own amusement.

21. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Diana is 85 at the start of YJ.

At the same point of time, Captain Atom is 70 (chronologically), MM is 140, Icon is over 200, Red Tornado is 62, and Dr Fate is thousands of years old.

The Justice League in YJ has plenty of members to attend an early bird special.

Reminds me of a gag from Birds of Prey.

Lady Blackhawk, who looks like this
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    , was complaining that she had the hardest time getting places to give her the senior citizen discount she is entitled to as a member of the greatest generation.

22. Maxx Crowley

The chronic lack of pants among female comic characters, many of whom are purported to be life long soldiers or warrior princess', never fail to baffle me. I mean, some of the most vulnerable blood vessels are in the leg.

Or do comic artists think readers are that dumb? "Yeah, she's got giant H-cup cannons on her chest...but if she isn't in a tiny mini-skirt...how will readers know she's female?"

23. Aeess

we are talking about a woman made out of clay who grew up on an island full of immortal warrior woman, many of whom acted as her mothers while also being attracted to her and she hasn't had a romantic her entire life, shes also a princess and Titan.

I dont think anyone outside of Themyscira even has the same views on relationships as her and everyone on Themyscira is 3000 years older then her and less power(in pretty much every way).

24. Maxx Crowley

I should point out that Diana HAS had romantic relationships in her own comic series.

Obliviated fan and Vorian like this.
  25. Norgarth

Norgarth Making the rounds.

The dial may have a subliminal effect to make people hold/use it.

Obliviated fan and Alexandercctv like this.
  26. Maelgwyn

Maelgwyn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do do they actually support fanfics on that site? From the little I've seen of it it seems to be lists of fanfics on other sites and reviews that bad-talk Harry Potter fanfic.

27. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

my own idea is based on the fact that its a device from a 50's/40's superhero comic I would guess its some sort of anti-tampering/booby trap sort of thing. If the Master looses his dial somehow, wizard ensures that whoever uses the dials he makes that isnt supposed to (which would presumably be the master) either is unable to use them or dies shortly after making use of it. Which is why it spelled out master, master being the command phrase for self destruct (if they had entered master to begin with I bet it would have blown up immediately). Cause that is the sort of over complicated, semi-silly logic that early comics loved coming up with. I'm even semi supported by canon in my reasoning with and I am quoting the wikipedia page here
    "the Wizard was driven to create the new H-dials, unconsciously designing limitations into them to prevent what happened to Robby from recurring (only heroic identities, a time limit, and the exclusion of letters other than H-E-R-O; the latter, however, did not prevent Chris from experimenting on one occasion and dialing H-O-R-R-O-R, with disastrous results[6])."
    Course I could be wrong

28. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

But the thing is that the indicators are that it wasn't one of the Master's dials, it was the one that the Master spent his entire life trying to get his grubby hands on.

The Master made horror dials, the Wizard made hero dials, that dial had apparently the entire alphabet on it, which implies it's the Robbie Reed dial.

The transformations of the knock off dials also fade after an hour, which if that were the case the guy wouldn't have needed to find the dial to transform back.

It might have been a spell of the Wizard's to make sure the Master wouldn't get the dial, I suppose.

But I don't know why Paul and the others finding it would have triggered such a safeguard, since it's not like Robbie was there, or that they intended to give it to him.

29. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Besides the original Dial is literally supposed to last forever cause time loop.

Vaermina likes this.
  30. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

the one that exploded wasnt the original, it was the wizard h-dial. The h-dials (as you may notice form my quote) can dial other words than hero, Its just that Im pretty sure they cant be done intentionally. They havent found the original yet, the dial Mark Hammil used to turn back was the wizard h-dial not the original. In my theory I didnt say it was a master dial, just that master was possibly a self destruct command.
    Edit: I realize now I wasnt entirely clear. My theory was that should the master loose his dial and take one of the H-dials then the wizard could have ensured that the h-dial would self destruct when either used by someone who shouldnt be using it or if master is dialed in.