1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, still another 14 episodes until that happens.

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That's going to be amusing, if only because we will get to see Grayven tossed about like a pingpong ball by a pony.

3. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

In order to do that, they would have to be an extra or sidestory.

They're not. They're steadily integreating closer and closer to the "main" plot, and many people have come to consider Gravy a better protaganist than Paul.

Yes because just suddenly later dropping something into the story is perfectly fine, no buildup is required.

Foreshadowing? What's that?

4. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

Ah the Joys of Apokalyptian Cram School.

5. Mr Zoat

Grayven got his sex education from DeSaad.

6. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Oh good.

Magic coming from the Dreaming? Fine.

Magic being limited off of a few places like Earth? Fine.

The two together, however, need some further details, because Dream, and hence his realm, is universal.

And since it seems to be an animistic universe, really universal.

I'm pretty sure the suns dream, the moons, the planets, galaxies, nebulas, etc, etc.

The sun of Oa, thanks to Desire, made a cuckold out of Dream, for crying out loud, and humans are humanoid because Sol thought that Dream's Maltusian girlfriend was aesthetically pleasing, in the Vertigo setting.

7. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Some fans think that the magic Earth ponies don't use for farming is used to make them stronger that the other pony races. But since that requires regular exercise most Earth ponies don't bother.

Just compare how strong Applejack is compared to Rainbow Dash.

There is also what happens when you over exploit soil. If Earth ponies produced much more food that also would drain the nutrients of the Earth faster.

Is not that Earth ponies can't do more food farming is that it they did that they would need to move their farm locations at least once in a decade.

Why have a earth pony town in a desert? To help make the place more fertile but that takes time because doing it too fast would spell disaster as the local animals and flora wouldn't adapt to the changes.

Unless the Granny Smith age thing is wrong Earth ponies might also live longer.

Is also confirmed that Earth ponies tend to have more stamina and endurance that pegasi, see running of the leaves.

See: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_agriculture

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  8. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

This implies Sunset is in her thirties when she attends highschool in the Equestria Girls timeline.

9. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Considering Maud seemed to have several levels of Monk here , starting at 1:38 for anyone impatient, I can see that.

Of course, she's a pie, and for them the laws of physics seem to be polite suggestions, so now I'm picturing an entire family of reality warpers, with each of them a different genre.

Maud Pie's Wuxia rock collecting adventures, with rock aficionados whose words don't sync up with their mouths....

10. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Well that sounds pretty Saad.

11. Mr Zoat

I think I ready commented on this... Might have been a couple of threads ago, though. The images we see of her leaving show her as being physically mature, and Twilight had no idea who she was. Twilight fixated on Celestia ever since the first time she saw her raise the sun. If Sunset had still been around then, she would have known about her. So either there's some sort of temporal compression going on, or Sunset was indeed attending High School in her mid-twenties.
    It was more of an aside during his lectures on the circulatory system.

12. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Dang. I'm not really a fan of MLP, but I gotta say I'd pay to see Grayven and Co meet them.

Alexandercctv, Thrackerzod and Ardy like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Come back in 14 episodes.

14. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

After all that...a Grayven episode.

You see Zoat? This is why English people are always cast as villians.

15. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

Well, the thread is on QQ now.

Obliviated fan and Thrackerzod like this.
  16. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well as long as we're on the subject, the equine butthole is a complex miracle of engineering as it has several concentric rings of muscle which produce peristaltic motion to break off each turd and be self-wiping by inverting itself. Thus, pony buttsex would rule like nothing else.

I think what Earth pony magic does is feed energy into the plants as an alternate "fuel" so that over exploiting the soil it doesn't deplete it.

17. Mr Zoat

There will be no pony butt sex.

18. Albert Scoot

Albert Scoot Not too sore, are you?

Sweet, more Grayven and pony adventures.

Alexandercctv and RGFJ like this.
  19. Buggy123

Bah!

It's evolutionarily-evolved biology. Sure, it's astonishingly complicated, it managed to develop from nothing but pure chance and physics, and can find some interesting and effective solutions to some problems.

But there are also oodles of hidden patch-jobs, janky cludges, and shitty compromises everywhere. It's horrifying. Fucks sake, you can break your ribs by sneezing. If a actual biological engineer came to me with a 'miracle' like that, I'd fire them. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

20. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

No, I think is just accelerated growth and ensuring the planrs growth healthy. Earth pony farmers basically have a sixth sence for farming plants, see Granny Smith Zap Apple ritual for example.

Is not that they can't do more, is that they go for long term projects.

Sure Earth Pony magic can help to turn deserts to fertile ground, but doing so too fast would cause a lot of nasty side-effects.

21. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

All this talk of magic had me wondering: how do alien species in low-magic worlds develop souls? I mean, from my understanding of WTR-verse, souls happen when background magic sticks to objects running a sapient mind, thus imprinting the mind itself into said mass of magic. So in worlds with little to no magic, does this process happens at all?

22. Mr Zoat

There isn't anywhere with no magic. However, people who are born and live in low-magic places do tend to have weaker souls. There is a degree of awareness of this, which is one of the reason why Source-worshipping religions are so popular.

23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The Luna that ends up joining Paul's harem is going to be disappointed...

Obliviated fan and Belenus like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

I have no plans for the SI to meet Princess Luna of Equestria.

25. Buggy123

That is exactly what you would say if you were planning exactly that and wanted it to be a surprise!

26. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

...What about Principal Luna of Canterlot High?

27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Of course not, because you already had them meet in a past chapter about the future.

28. inglorius

inglorius Getting sticky.

Oddly specific denial.

29. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Or someone was fucking with memories.

Hence the invisitext.

You forgot the "in this story" caveat. Because if there's one thing that's certain it's that somewhere on the internet (and very likely on this site) there's pony butt sex.

30. V01D

V01D Autistic lover of LOLz

It's the whole Zebra skillset...

Obliviated fan likes this.