1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

So then rich people would privately own the houses. Nothing suspicious about that. Museums are open to the public, and anyone could just get in. The societies meeting in museums wouldn’t remain secret very long.

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

She's able to keep her sense of self stable, Paul is not.

The tiny corner of the city that connected to Paul's little corner of the multiverse might not have, but the main portion of the city that connects to the rest of the multiverse certainly is protected by it.

Also the Ophidian is a number of tiers lower on the cosmic power scale then the various parts of the Presence.

To wit scale is.

Comic Writer inserts.
    Parts of the Presence.
    Michael/Lucifer
    5th dimensional imps
    White Entity
    Superman 10,000,000
    The Endless
    Emotional Embodiments.
    Superboy Prime
    Old Gods
    Malthusians
    Kryptonians
    Homo Magi
    New Gods
    Lobo
    Martians
    Metahumans
    Various superpowered aliens
    Regular humans

Actually if an emotional embodiment is destroyed a new one just forms after a bit of time.

It's happened before.

infinityDivided, 9adam4 and david15 like this.
  3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The Presence beat Necron canonically though, I think... so Presence>Necron>Ophidian. There... settled.

Ardy and infinityDivided like this.
  4. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Googling the Order of the Ancient Mysteries, said secret society, the DC Wiki reports that it more or less dissolved by the late sixties. And even before that, it was largely a money-maker for Alex Burgess and his 'companion' for over a decade or so, capitalising on Hippie culture.
    I expect by the time the National Trust acquired it, any magic-related stuff was long sold-off...

I guess you could call him... a man of many parts? :D

And for the record: Species - Chojin, Title/Name - Patriarch ;) (It's a personal in-joke.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Bramble Thorn and Prince Charon like this.
  5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

The museums are, but certainly not every room is.

EDIT: Also, see Chojin's post, above, on this specific location.

6. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Also, I think in this universe the Ophidian is on the same level as a powerful old god. Taking down an embodiment of the voice of god might be possible, but not the voice of god itself.

Ardy likes this.
  7. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Not even the Endless are safe fron getting permakilled if they meet him.

Granted Dream wanted to die and might have abused that, but whatever.

It wasn't the Voice Of the White God itself, but an Angel with some of the power.

Also it wasn't even Metatron who Paul and the others had to face.

So really, it wasn't that big deal save for Boss Smiley thing.

Ardy, Alexandercctv and Prince Charon like this.
  8. Prince Charon

Religious discussions are very much like political discussions, save that they aren't banned on QQ yet. It's better not to go there.

Ardy likes this.
  9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

In general ... break - ins would likely be more common since getting in is possible and easy(without extra security guards). Still though... don’t think this place would be a popular tourist destination.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Given that I've already said that I'm not using the Spectre, why would you think that I would use Not!Spectre?

Is that a mathematical thing?
    Oh please. DC characters named after theological figures have about as much resemblance to their 'real' counterparts as the versions from DanMachi do.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I doubt it would be, outside of a very limited circle, hence the warnings about Fae, Demons and the Trenchcoat Brigade. It's likely seen as either a very easy, quiet posting, or something of a punishment detail, depending...

Prince Charon likes this.
  12. Prince Charon

It seems like Zoat thinks otherwise, though I'm curious as to his logic. It might just be 'interesting-looking old building with cool stuff in it, at a convenient location,' which is something that works pretty well for a lot of tourist destinations.

That doesn't seem to stop people from getting emotional and uncivil about it.

WhiteNoise and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  13. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Honestly, the number of tourist locations in London is surprising, as Zoat probably knows, but there are already quite a few old houses/manors that also have historical significance - and convenient location. Case in point (off the top of my head) - #1, London - Winston Churchill’s house converted to a museum. Or Buckingham Palace. Both beautiful houses open for tours to the public, and located straight in the middle of London. Any tourist destination that is just for the house would have to compete with those. Though, the mysterious occult angle and the hippie cult might be enough to do it - especially if the hippie cult did something crazy.

14. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

because you might not have been using spectre BECAUSE you were using not spectre?

...think about it

15. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I thought Voice of God was confirmed to be somewhere when you mentioned The Mind of God. Basically I thought it meant that there were things knowns as the ..... of God in official heavenly roles. (Despite the Mind being fake)

16. Prince Charon

... and thus, the question is answered.

17. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Mm... sure, but then they’d play up the macabre angle, which might be interesting to see Hinon’s reaction to the cheesiness tomorrow. Though any explanation Zoat comes up with is bound to be interesting.
    The room where Dream was captured might have a picture of a grim reaper/ghost hung up. Or “spooky” music playing. Though that might be more of a US thing. I definitely know wax museums are a thing that this might be.

Prince Charon likes this.
  18. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

The only voice of God I know about is Metatron who is the voice of God for Christians and only because he is a summon in the Persona series.

19. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Then you should read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. That way you'll have a second reason to know about Metatron, and you'll also have read Good Omens.

20. Mr Zoat

The people who arranged for the sale wanted to make sure that a mystically significant site was under their watchful eye. Trying to come up with what to do with the place was the National Trust's problem.
    I don't know. The complaints about Smite's depiction of Kali were stupid, but they were reasonably civil. Though given how Kali is portrayed in official Hindu imagery, I can only assume that they were complaining about the Smite version actually having a bra.

21. Sceptic

Religion is generally a stupid thing, to argue about.

Would a bra for someone with four arms need to be significantly different in design from a normal one? Or could Kali buy them off the rack?

22. 9adam4

9adam4 No emotion, only "peace"

Not if she wants them to stay on her rack. *rimshot*

23. Mr Zoat

I think Kali's racks are for skulls and swords.

24. Legend of Ruina

Legend of Ruina Moderator

Voice of God is basically I Can’t Believe It’s Not the Spectertm in Mark Millar’s edgy fanfic run of the Swamp Thing. In which suddenly you have Parliments for all the classic elements, Swamp thing must catch them all, but loses his understanding of humanity as he ascends. Complete with a council of edgy OCs on the side constantly muttering about how this is all according to plan.

Swamp Thing’s daughter, Tefé, is revealed to have been made as a plot to assassinate the Voice of God. Because the writer has a deep need to bash the Parliament of Trees as much as possible, so he removes Tefé’s whole point as a bridge between mankind and plants, calling it stupid via an in character mouthpiece.

Oh, and we’ve got a random omake published as an actual chapter for some reason. As in it’s entirely non-canon and just seems to consist of the author taking swipes at people he disagrees with. In the end the writer has to rush the finish, wherein Swamp Thing finally achieves ultimate power over the earth and decides to do nothing with it. The run is never spoken of again as far as I know, and killed the series for awhile.

RoasterToaster, Xmaster3000 and Drode like this.
  25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Since his theme is VENGANCE, I call the Spectre the Left Hand Of God since I saw that Van Helsing (2004) movie. The line of "I can't kill inocents or let them die on my watch" sold it to me.

That's the Spectre when is well written, not a jackass Bully that wants to kill heroes who killed people he would have killed himself. Or a temper playing for Batman soul with the Phantom Strange.

The voice of God is the Whire God commands, the White God orders, not his vengance. That's a different Angel.

If one of my DC SI characters ever meet the Spectre he better kill the SI right away, or the guilt he will feel when the SI starts to give him examples were the Spectre did nothing will be glorious.

Honesry they haven't had a clue of what do fo with the character for decades, he only seems to exist to be a bully and be useless in Crisis events.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  26. Mr Zoat

Still not The Dresden Files.

27. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Considering the White Entity is basically an aspect of God... meh close enough.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  28. infinityDivided

infinityDivided ******** of Doom

Unconfirmed. For all we know, the White Life Entity is completely foreign to whatever created the universe.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  29. Sceptic

Better not be. I'm pretty sure none of us want to wait five years for your next update.

Xmaster3000 and erebus1994 like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

I used to read The Wheel of Time. The author died while we were waiting for an update.

Same thing happened with Six Brides for Two Sisters. We only found out because his nephew logged on to his FiMFiction account.