1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

How many years have you been writing WtR? About two more than that (unless you're building up their preferred ship, of course).

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The first thread was posted on the 14th of August 2013, so six and a half years.
    Ah, man, some people are going to hate episode 84.

3. 9adam4

9adam4 No emotion, only "peace"

A sixteen-year-old girl has, in most cases, developed enough that she is not interesting to pedophiles. Remember that pre-pubescent is the main distinction there.

4. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

As I said earlier today, not everyone is willing to admit that this is a valid difference. Far too many, especially in America, will call any adult attracted to people under eighteen, or any older adult attracted to people far enough below their half-your-age-plus-seven number, even when they're still over eighteen, a pedophile (often without considering that the correct spelling is 'paedophile').

EDIT: It isn't rational, but then, few people are particularly rational.

5. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

Makes me wonder... can most teenagers be called an ephebophile?

boo600 and RichardWhereat like this.
  6. 9adam4

9adam4 No emotion, only "peace"

Some could. Ephebophilia is defined by sexual preference rather than just attraction, though. I suspect most teenagers and adults don't have any chronophilia.

7. Leila Hann

Leila Hann Getting out there.

That was my bad. In every past tribunal since I started as councilor, I didn't see the notification until after the defendant had made their statement. So, I looked at the thread, saw no statement, and assumed (since you'd already declared your intent to leave SV some time ago) that you just weren't making one.

So yeah, that was completely my mistake, and that vote post was deleted by the staff. My fault for not reading carefully. Now that you've actually made a statement in your own defense, I will reconsider my decision.

8. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Has Himon seen Zatanna yet? OL has asked her to check him and Alan, I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to him to check her too.

9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Eh... it’s less being attracted to how an older teenager looks that is the problem for me (I’m in my early 20s, so close enough to still be attracted to teens 2 or 3 years younger), but that levels of mental maturity tend to be very different for most teens at that age - though this does vary wildly. I remember having rapid mental shifts in the way I thought between freshman and junior year of high school, so I may be projecting a little. A lot of it is that Paul still hasn’t told her his actual age, and that sort of deception seems important. Also, while she’s mature in a lot of ways, Zatanna also seems to be a little immature in others.

boo600, Ardy and 9adam4 like this.
  10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The Cheshire relationship thing seems to be a little sudden, since they suddenly took a big leap in the relationship, right around the time, if I remember correctly, that she and Grayven broke up. It seems a little like they went suddenly just being friends with a cordial friendship, to full on romance, after they hadn’t seen each other in a while. The relationship might have lasted a year, but they didn’t have very many dates (like 3?) during that year either, since Paul was very busy, and she was in prison.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  11. Kojivsleo

Kojivsleo I trust you know where the happy button is?

Guys please stop, its arguments like this that made him stop writing in SB and SV, I just want to enjoy the story.

12. Eponymic

Eponymic Getting sticky.

I ran this by the adjudicators of Britishness, I think some American is rubbing off on Paul. Maybe he's adjusting his verbiage to be better understood, but his conversation with Mr. Pennyworth shows the contrary.

I appreciate that OL's citizenship and country actually mean something and influence his behavior, but shouldn't Eris show up on the list of people who OL would listen to?

DAT_NOOB, Ardy and Mr Zoat like this.
  13. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

I think you might benefit from reading the FAQ. He stopped writing on SB because the mods there went nuts about SW "spoilers" and broke his posting streak. He stopped posting on SV because he let himself be baited into expressing an opinion that's implicitly against SV's rules. Unless people here decide to start arguing politics in a manner that Zoat feels compelled to join in on, I doubt any arguments here are going to stop him writing on QQ.

14. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Those silly Texans, always weirdly proud of that negligible period of independence even though that period of independence only existed because their initial advances had been rejected.

Texas was initially created for the explicit purpose of being annexed into the Union. But when Texas put on its sluttiest lingerie and begged America to annex her, America backed away while mumbling something about the slavery debate.

Then President Tyler basically outmaneuvered the political parties of the era by forcing the issue, and President Polk finished what he started by annexing Texas so damn hard that America ended up annexing most of Mexico too.

15. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

I don't know about you, but as a teenager, I had a sexual preference to other teenagers.

16. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

I don't remember this episode of Axis Powers Hetalia.

Also, for a more relevant shitpost.

Texas: "Annex me harder daddy!"
    Boss Smiley: "What?"

17. Mr Zoat

Oh, alright. That's a reasonable mistake. Thank you for coming here to provide an explanation.

Edit: What am I talking about? No it isn't. You just told me that you didn't bother looking for a statement. What's the point in me writing one if you weren't going to read it anyway?
    Not yet.
    Ah, but QQ has entirely different red lines. Here, we can discuss as much under aged sex as we like, assign people whatever sex we want and spoil all of the Star Wars films. We just can't talk about modern politics in anything other than an utterly cursory way. It's not objectively better, but it a different sort of nonsense.
    I'm always on the alert for that sort of thing. What is it about that line which drew your attention?
    To quote Terry Pratchett: My bottom has been a bottom for a very long time, but I don't have to listen to everything it says.
    To be fair, it is explicitly against SV rules to 'misgender' someone. While I didn't precisely do that, I did openly state that I thought talking about people of one sex as if they were another was daft, which is pretty close.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  18. Eponymic

Eponymic Getting sticky.

Maybe it's clear from context, but shouldn't it either be 'The American Civil War', 'The War between the States' or some styling thereof? I've only read a few international histories*, but most of them call it one of those, though if I remember correctly Tuchman in Guns of Augest used the term 'American Unpleasantness'

Point being, Britain was netural, and due to the implication of the term Civil War' in stating that both parties are of the same country, I think British Politicians avoided calling it that. I was pretty sure that terminology had made it's way into U.K. etc. history books, but fully acknowledge I may be wrong.

*Not published by and for Americans.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  19. Mr Zoat

Yes, we call it 'The American Civil War'. However, the SI was clearly talking about America and since America has only had the one civil war he didn't see the need to clarify further.

If he'd been talking about a civil war without any clarification, he would probably have been talking about Cromwell.

20. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Enough build up that he chooses melinoë instead.

21. Eponymic

Eponymic Getting sticky.

Understood, context carries it. Though I think it's kinda funny, I was watching QI and Cromwell was the first thing that came up when they mentioned Civil War where my first thought was "Which one?"

Sceptic and RichardWhereat like this.
  22. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

If we are going to argue semantics.

Cheshire is a victim of child abuse that endured grueling training in a religious murder cult, she grew up to be a contract killer and has killed over a dozen people without showing any remorse.

Paul was the detective that caught her that then became her parole counselor/advisor...

She is a baseline human with some training, Paul is equivalent to a minor demigod WHEN he isn't wearing his rings.

I don't see anything healthy in that relationship.

Zatanna has A LOT less baggage in comparison (and she still has plenty), its why the argument that the relationship with Cheshire is "healthy" is so laughable, because it sure as hell isn't.

The healthier relationships Paul could have would be with Donna or Dr Tia Sivana.

23. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Or Melinoë.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

So I suppose the Zataras here were made magical metahumans along the lines of Black Alice or Nightshade?

Because I can't really see someone calling a magical tradition apparently invented by Leonardo Da Vinci as "inherited cheating."

25. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, not Thessaly then. She does NOT have any sense of humor, besides the fact that she's also a "Solitary Sorceress" of the urban variety, and doesn't willingly sell her services as a wage-mage.

La Bruja, perhaps?

26. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Everyone's here talking about healthy relationship, like most motherfuckers don't guzzle down poison or stuff their face with crap until their waistline explodes.

Sometimes healthy just isn't what you want to spice up your life.

ashadowalker and Ardy like this.
  27. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Uses the DC system of magical bloodlines - Constantine has the laughing magician be an ancient bloodline, so zatarra is apparently an equally ancient bloodline that uses the equally ancient skill of backwards english. Since I have no proof against it, I am imagining a conspiracy by the zatarras of Shakespearean times to make regular english line up exactly with backwards English to increase it’s reality bending power. Obviously, backwards english came first and is in fact older than the planet Earth.
    Note: I do realize that it is probably backwards language,not specific to English, but imagining the Zatarras as the people who designed English is just ridiculous.

28. Solipsomancer

Solipsomancer Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Madame Xanadu would qualify, I think.

29. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Minor demi god isn't really balanced with a minor goddess of nightmares. But yes that one is better than Cheshire.

Yes, Paul picked Cheshire because she suits more of his kinks. I am mostly just arguing that all Paul hangups about Zatanna are little more than the smokescreen of an hypocrite, Zatanna isn't an athletic hot Asian woman, she is an athletic hot American Italian chick ergo Paul doesn't want to have a relationship with her. Its that simple.

30. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Paul is a major demigod of desire though - due to having been possessed by what amounts to a major god of greed - gods are essentially elementals according to word of Zoat. And considering that when he died, he was strong enough to have a spirit form that he could move freely in, he is essentially at least a minor god of desire by this point. He’s proven he doesn’t need a body. He’s essentially space Hercules. His feats are already fairly comparable.