1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Second Chance (Reincarnation/Crossover)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Inara Seraph, Mar 26, 2013.

1. croaker

croaker Contract? I'll let you pet mah belly.

Let's get stupid.

[X] Ice Car, reinforced. Ride it into him.
    [X] Grab his arms, maximum decay.

[​IMG]

Someone other than me vote? I don't like dictatorships.

2. Garlak

Garlak Getting sticky.

Well. If he is the zombie type, and his wounds aren't bothering him, then we can't really win a war of attrition. If we fought that way, it would only be with the expectation of keeping him from interfering from the huge battle, rather than thinking the wounds would add up enough to beat him.

So our best bet, beyond keeping him away, is to lock him down or KO him or outright kill him...

... Hrm.

Hey.

Seraph, magi tend to have memory-alteration spells for cleaning up problems. They also might have some eye-based abilities, usually hypnosis or the like. Illya had Mystic Eyes that could enchant people, I think.

Do we have any chance of managing to pull off a hypnotism? I mean, if this guy's will is already battered, maybe it'd work?

But on the other hand, "Mystic Eyes" isn't a skill/trait/ability/magecraft on our character sheet, so...

We have prana to spare. We have Reinforcement and a healing ability. Couldn't we use Reinforcement on ourselves to fight off fatigue and tiredness, and then heal any weakness away?

Or, rather, since that is likely a tactic we were going to be using anyway... Assuming we were Reinforcing ourselves, how long could we last despite our tired/not-quite-recovered state?

A final thing to keep in mind -- Halkeginia mages need to use wands. We don't have to beat him in a duel if we can find a way to break his wand, or even just get it away from him. Maybe if a puppet of ours gets into melee with him, it could go for his hands and wand..

3. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Be opportunistic, look for your chance to disable the baron with your decay.

4. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

You don't have Mystic Eyes of any sort. Iri never had them as far as I can recall. As for hypnotism, there's a chance of you getting it to work, but as you've never done it before, your odds of success are not very high. It's something that can be improved later. It is definitely brokenly overpowered, as the OCP-ness means that the only people it wouldn't work on would be the weirdos- most elves, magical creatures, certain humanoid familiars, etc. Honestly, if I could rewind a bit, I would've definitely had that as an option way earlier. By the time people started bringing up 'hey, isn't this a thing' we were already leaving the castle. I think I was a little afraid of it breaking the setting too much, before I realized that's exactly what a reincarnation should be doing anyways.

Your reinforcement isn't perfectly enhancing everything just yet. You can't reinforce your 'heart,' just your 'arms' and 'legs.' When you've mastered full body enhancement, this won't be an issue anymore. Your healing is for injuries- it can't recover your stamina. You can last ten to twenty minutes, you estimate, before you'd be panting on the ground and struggling to move faster than a walk.

5. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

*sigh*
    This is exactly why you don't leave crazy cultist barons, who you only defeated by catching them off-guard, lying around with their throats unslit.

Not sure, if bum-rushing him will work again.
    Last time went well, but we rolled really good and he didn't know what to expect.
    On the other hand, his meat-puppetness might prevent him from using what he learned last time.
    In the end, I'm simply not that confident we can survive until we see an opening, since we have next to no general combat training or experience and are tired, so I'll just have faith in tigers and hope for the best.

[X] Go all in, summon a pack of tigers and bum-rush the baron.

6. Garlak

Garlak Getting sticky.

[X] Conjure a flock of wire-birds. Maybe also make a tiger if we don't want to use our own mount as a distraction. Use birds and tigers together to fool him! We distract with the birds, but not enough to threaten him; we make it look like we're setting up for an attack with a tiger; then we feint an attack with a tiger; and then bam! We have the flock of birds dogpile him and use wire to wrap him up like a Christmas present.

If we don't see an opening, then we make one!

So, having thought about our puppets and our wires... If I remember the Kotomine fight correctly, Iri did more or less this -- used her eagle to bind Kirei's arms to a tree when he wasn't expecting it.

So, clearly, this means that wire-constructs are more dangerous/useful than just straightforwardly attacking somebody...

Can we just make a flock of birds (and maybe a tiger?) and then have the speedy and agile flock fly to the Baron and then simply TIE HIM UP in wires? Just close in with him, tackle him and wrap him up.

Then we can knock out or disable at our leisure.

We could distract him with birds, then have a tiger (our own tiger mount maybe?) use the attempted distraction to feint a lunge for him, as if we were planning to use the birds as cover for a serious attack with a tiger; Baron goes after the big obvious threat, and then the birds just pile on him and wrap him right up.

Well, something to work on later.

Another idea that came to me -- can we use our Ethereal wire(s) to touch targets to transmit our spells (such as Healing or Decay, but also maybe something like Reinforcement) to them? I *think* its not something Charlotte had tried before, buuuut it makes sense for such a thing to be possible... After all, the wires are basically your prana, or a bit of magecraft in action if formed into a construct... I figure this is a trick that would be possible to pull off, its just not something Irisviel nor Charlotte had ever had occasion to try before. (Its not like Irisviel was exactly a veteran combatant or anything... Frankly she did quite well for what she had.)

... Wait, but during the first battle in Fate/Zero, between Saber and Lancer... When Lancer first wounds Saber, Irisviel is able to heal Saber -- without coming up to her or touching her. She heals her at range. How the heck did she do that. Argh. Odd. How do you heal at range? Is it because of some Familiar-esque link? Meh, oh well.

Well...

I imagine our tiger is faster and more maneuverable than us. Are we good enough to be able to ride it as it jumps around and attacks in battle?

7. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Honestly I think we should just kill the guy and be done with it. Can you imagine what would happen if Joseph got him because we are going to need to report a version of this at least. Best to have no witnesses in my opinion.

[X] Use Wire Birds for distraction and Tigers to attack once he's stopped paying us as much mind as we can get him to or when he can't dodge put an Ice Spear through him.

Not to mention Mrs. Rhyme told us to take care of him and while that might mean to keep him busy she is also a very pissed off mom. A Dragon mom at that. She probably wants him dead.

8. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Seeing as the dragon called him a puppet, I don't think it's possible to distract him, since pain is a non-issue at the moment.

9. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

10. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

I'm betting he planned for this. Joseph. No matter what we did, we would be screwed somehow. Help the Ryhme dragon? Punishable. Help the spirit? Punishable. Fail? Punishable.

11. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Well, we can always just leave after the fight.

Who needs a house? Or food? Those are for people who are weak, not Tabitha Charlotte!

12. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

13. Tackyseven

Tackyseven I trust you know where the happy button is?

14. Serous

Serous Your friendly neighbourhood witch

[X] Be opportunistic, look for your chance to disable the baron with your decay.

15. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

It's been a month, dude.

16. Serous

Serous Your friendly neighbourhood witch

I saw after I posted. Can't find the delete button.

17. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

There isn't one, AFAIK.