1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Could a Questmaster preemptively threadban a player?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Wulfenbach, May 3, 2019.

1. Wulfenbach

Wulfenbach Versed in the lewd.

I am thinking of starting a quest. If there are certain posters that I know I don't want to deal with can I simply threadban them from the start? Putting them on ignore doesn't work for me. Aside from the ignore function being imperfect since you still see responses to the ignored poster, as the questmaster I feel I need to keep track of what is happening in the thread, and I can't do that if I only catch part of a conversation.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

You could put in a request with a report, requesting that X member be threadbanned from your thread.

Hyvelic and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. Wulfenbach

Thanks.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I do feel said users should have at least one official warning from us first to prevent abuse of this. We are the hammers of no one after all. Except Elgee.

Persimmon and Ddmkm122 like this.
  5. Wulfenbach

You mean, they have to make at least one post in the thread that gets a moderator warning before they can be banned? So, no preemptive banning?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, that's what I think. I mean, I absolutely don't believe we should just go hammer people before they even do anything because you don't like them. That would be rather unfair.

Persimmon, Ddmkm122 and Minion #Q like this.
  7. Wulfenbach

Is "I think" an official ruling, or your personal opinion? Biigoh gave me the opposite answer and I'm not sure how to deal with mods disagreeing. Being a questmaster would be something I do for the enjoyment, so if I'd have to deal with certain aggravations it's better to stop preparing the quest now, because it wouldn't be enjoyable.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I'm bringing it up with staff, we'll see what happen. Still can't agree with your stance, however. Reports are there exactly for that.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Wulfenbach

There is an enormous amount of bad behavior that isn't actually reportable, but nonetheless makes people unhappy.

EDIT:
    And using ignore has it's own problems when you're a QM.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

If you want someone threadbanned in one of your quests, they need to have an infraction in your quest for going off topic. Then you can ask the mods and they will decide. That means they will decide yes or no, not that it will be an automatic threadban.

If you want to ignore specific people in your threads, that's your decision, but the hassles are also yours to deal with.