1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

I vaguely recall her doing some horrible things in THIS life.

Ack the she is Emma; everyone thought she bullied Taylor for being a smokin' lesbo instead of some other terrible reason.

2. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Missing space.
    Zach wishes he was trained in QQC.
    It suddenly occurs to ask whether sex skills are a thing in Pantheon's database xor if everyone involved has been too embarrassed to bring it up.

3. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

It one thing to have skill upload into your brain, it's another to upload Zack computer file into your brain.

4. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

No, because the one time someone brought it up as a joke Zach wouldn't stop making Matrix jokes.

Obliviated fan, daimahou and TanaNari like this.
  5. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

Now that deserves an omake.

6. dasstan

dasstan :)

The sheer number of sexualities and gender expressions you've included in this fic is staggering. Kudos, Tana. It's rare to see a fic that mirrors real life in that sort of way.

7. Andrew Greaves

Andrew Greaves Wonderseeker

Missing Threadmark.

TanaNari likes this.
  8. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

about what?
    delivered
    If someone decided to kill Sophia, wouldn't she be dying alone? Or would she bond with them as the last rays of life slipped away from her, their lips coming-

BRB, omake.
    I think Ack has a story about that. (Whatever you do, don't let Dean give you a massage.)

9. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

See, TanaNari, people like that social interaction more.

Now just blast the Endbringers with the power of lesbian, threesome and Zach and just go on with it.

Volkogluk, Snake/Eater, Ack and 2 others like this.
  10. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Hory Shet... this Missy snippet is starting to look like it's going to take up three or four full chapters.

I got her solo routine done. Now there's Dinah. Then there's Theo. Then there's Riley. Then there's the orgy scene.

11. Tavarokk

Tavarokk Pursuer of perversion

Now everyone must visibly dismiss the orgy scene as a joke so that TanaNari would be compelled to write it after all.

12. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I do not believe that you would do an orgy scene. There is absolutely no way you could fit it into the narrative, and it would be unrealistic within the story as given.

Psst! Did he buy it?

13. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Please Tananari has even done anything really explicit. No way in hell he could do an orgy scene.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  14. GiftofLove

Taylor has Riley and Emma make 'empty' clones of her to test out the new bodyjack bugs. Bam.

15. tilkau

tilkau Not too sore, are you?

TanaNari's username is spelled 'TanaNari' (one t, two n's). After seeing you misspell it so consistently, I have finally passed facepalm threshold and decided to actually mention this.

16. Empiricist

Empiricist GSV

Rolls to disbelieve.

pepperjack and TanaNari like this.
  17. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

I though her name was spelled TanaDuck?

18. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

He's a verified Dick, he must be Richard Cox.

Now that that's said and out of the way.

There is no way he could actually get a scene like that in, he'd allude to it, maybe imply it. But he'd find it entertaining to make it sound like it but be completely innocent.

19. Diller

Goddamnit. :mad:

Keep getting the first part mixed up with tatari from type moon. Uhh thought I fixed that. Thank you for mentioning that.

TanaNari likes this.
  20. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

And now he is going to create an Endbringer based on Tatari...

21. Mogget

Mogget Know what you're doing yet?

The chapter Missy is talking about is one of the ones you posted recently on SV isn't it? Just wondering if it was on your mind due to recently posting it there or if it came up naturally.

TanaNari likes this.
  22. Diller

....fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

23. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

And this is the person who ruined it for everyone.

Who?

Oh, now I have to look it up.

*Five minutes of Google later*

... Something to do with vampires? I give up.

I can think of at least six chapters referenced. But, no, it was mostly coincidence. And showing that Missy's choice for possible role models is sorely lacking in sanity.

Also: chapter soon. Not the orgy chapter, however.

24. daimahou

From Type-moon wikia:
    Edit: There is more on it under Form and Formation.

25. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 322- Missy
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 322- Missy

"You can come in," Dinah spoke right before I knocked on her office door.

I palmed the door and it opened. "Did you use your powers to know I'd be coming?"

"It would have been pretty easy to predict," she answered, looking up at me. The way her office was aligned, she could look right at me from her perfectly sized chair. "But I have easier methods. There's a motion detection system installed in the wall, complete with a fairly standard hidden camera. It allows me to know who is approaching through the hallway."

Typha looked up at me from where she was curled up in the corner. She uttered a sound somewhere between a bird cooing, and a cat's mew, then put her head back down in her paws and returned to sleep. Calysta was the same way, all Riley's creatures were. Riley once told me why, something to do with them needing to conserve energy and heal more than normal lifeforms did. I trusted the Tinker to know her creations.

"Ah, that makes sense," I agreed, looking back toward Dinah. "So... uh, does Amelia or Taylor or Lisa know you have the hallway monitored?" Is it weird that I think she's absolutely adorable in that little girl sized business suit and want to hug her forever? No! Bad Missy! You can have one girlfriend. No more.

Wow, put that on the list of things I never thought I'd hear myself say. I was so glad her kind of psychic didn't include knowing what people are thinking.

"Lisa probably does," she responded. "I feel that with their powers, it would be absurd for them to ask me not to monitor a single public passageway leading to my office. Given just how much information they have access to."

"You have a point," I agreed. "So, umm, what do you do for fun?"

"Pardon?" the girl asked.

"Well, I mean, we normally don't spend a lot of time together," I explained. "Usually my time is taken up by school, or training, or spending time with Theo and Riley. And you're always around Lisa trying to sort out the apocalypse. Which is totally more important than my curiosity. So, I was wondering, what do you do when you've used up your power for the day. You know, for fun. Unless you're going to try to convince me that you enjoy Lisa's company."

"Lisa is a perfectly respectful and likable individual," Dinah responded, although she couldn't keep a straight face more than halfway through the sentence. It was the first time I'd seen her smile since the Christmas party. And that was a sort of nervous smile, not one of actual amusement.

"You're better off trying to sell me you liked to go to your ocean beach house on Avalon for scuba diving and tanning," I responded. The part that made that funny was that no one wanted oceanside property on Avalon. The water was laden with heavy isotopes of the 'if you swim here, your hair will fall out. And then later so will all your skin' variety. Between Dragon and the Yggdrasil, the expectation was that the ocean might be fully consumed, scrubbed and replaced somewhere around the year 2100. "Seriously, though, I'm curious what the most powerful precog on the planet does for fun."

"I read a great deal," she responded passively. "Preferably classical literature."

"Really?" I smiled.

"I find it relaxing," she explained, as if she felt the need to justify herself. "My power is... fairly indiscriminate, and I see a lot of things I really wish I didn't." Oh, wow, that sounds awful. And if there was ever a chance I might ask Dinah about my relationship, it was gone forever now. "In addition, I can't accidentally activate my power by wondering what happens next in a book in a series that's been completed. Making it one of the few things things I can safely enjoy speculating upon."

"That's it? Not new books or movies?" I asked.

"Even with old movies or books written a decade or two ago, there's always the risk a sequel comes out even a decade from now and my power will respond to that. I'm only safe with works where the creator is already dead. For whatever reason, my precognition applies directly to the maker of a work."

"Wow, that's kinda shitty," I concluded. And weird, but I didn't want to upset her by saying that. "Actually, you should talk to Theo. He's a big fan of literature and theater. I think he could come up with a lot of really good suggestions for you to try. So's Riley, but she's more into the intellectual side of it. Trying to figure out hidden meanings and stuff. You can come along next time a really good play is scheduled in Boston, maybe."

"I would prefer not to impose," she responded.

"Oh, don't worry about that," I insisted.

"I am also not interested in joining your harem," she added.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "I swear, I wasn't thinking anything like that at all!"

She started giggling, and then accidentally snorted when she tried to force herself to stop.

"You've been spending time around Zach, haven't you?" I asked, but I had to laugh as well. She really got me with that one.

"A little," she admitted once she could breathe. "You should have seen your face."

With the ice broken, we started discussing literature. Safe topic for Dinah, and thanks to Theo's love of theater, I could actually hold a conversation on the subject. For the next half hour, we discussed various works of fiction in the world. It didn't quite allow me to forget the war going on that I couldn't be a part of. It didn't let me forget the complexity of my relationship with Riley and Theo. But at least it let me have a few moments where there was something else I could think about for a little while.

Dinah's phone rang, interrupting a conversation we were having about how Shakespear was clearly mocking romance when he wrote Romeo and Juliet. She answered it immediately, of course. She was the only one of us that still actually had a cell phone. "Dinah Alcott speaking... You know my powers don't work on them... Well, okay, that might work, what's it do?"

How does she get service in another dimension? I briefly wondered. Then I reminded myself that Dragon had a base roughly the size of Rhode Island built into our version of the Appalachian mountains. The mysteries of interdimensional cell towers were probably well within her grasp.

"... That is quite disturbing..." Dinah responded. "Let us see... chances of the Beelzebub infection jumping to another lifeform is zero, chances of finding a new infected is zero. Chance of locating undestroyed spawn, zero. At least for the next few months. It gets vague after that, for the obvious reasons... Farewell."

"What was that about?" I asked. I'd had no news about the battle in hours.

"They are done," she responded. "It seems this Endbringer releases monsters while hiding in another dimension."

"That seems eerily familiar," I muttered.

"Indeed," Dinah agreed. "In addition, it appears at least some of those creations release infectious agents that merge into other organic life and take control of its neurology to add to the battle."

I blinked. "Please tell me you mean dogs and birds and stuff, right?"

"Them as well," she responded. "Every living thing larger than a rodent, and even the larger species of those."

"In a city the size of Paris... how many died?" I asked. "Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to make you use your power!"

"It's okay, you didn't," she answered. "I cannot provide numbers for things that have already happened. In addition, my abilities don't work directly on the Endbringers or Scion. I have to find ways around them."

Oh, right, duh. You were just talking about her being able to read old books without accidentally learning the plot. "I see," I responded. "Man, it'd be useful if the alien parasite god wasn't pretty much immune to all powers."

"I do believe that's why he made our powers work the way they do, to avoid that possibility," Dinah pointed out.

"So, why do you think the Endbringers are immune as well?" I asked.

"Lisa believes they're the result of a power interaction," Dinah responded. "Much as I cannot use my powers on you while you're using Singularity, and my predictions of Taylor and Amelia rapidly drift off course thanks to the Taylor-Amelia interaction."

"Uh, in what way?" I asked.

"Every version of the future I foresee ends on the certainty that Pantheon disbands within six months to a year." Wow, that is pretty off course. "The exact details change, although you, Theo and Riley always go with Amelia. Most of the other Thinkers and Tinkers on the team go with Taylor and Lisa. I've taken to phrasing my questions with 'assuming Pantheon remains together' in the privacy of my mind, simply to mitigate the discrepencies. Lisa assures me that my model's wrong irregardless, due to the nature of the Endbringers. That Taylor and Amelia, even without their anti-precog interactions, wouldn't let personal drama get in the way of stopping the Endbringers."

I wonder if Lisa believes that, or is just trying to make things sound better. The idea that Taylia was that powerful was disturbing. "That's good to know," I responded. As if I didn't have enough things to worry about, already.

"I would appreciate if you didn't speak of this to the others," she asked. "Telling you doesn't hurt the numbers, but Riley finding out could. And I cannot be certain my predictions are accurate. As I said, it's incredibly hard to work through Taylia's influence. All I can say for certain is, the longer Pantheon remains together, the better the odds are in aggregate."

"Aggregate?" I asked.

"Yes," she nodded. "There is still the matter of five incredibly powerful factions that will be involved in the end. Details are fuzzy, although based on other information I am convinced that Pantheon, or Avalon certainly, is one of those factions. The others... are complex. I'm not completely certain that it will be the same five factions during the final battles. I think that, depending on how things play out, the factions themselves seem to change."

"So we'll still be here," I responded. "With or without Taylia?"

"Correct," she nodded. "Although the form Pantheon takes at that time is... complex. As I have said before, there are too many anti-precog effects. Taylor and Amelia, the monsters created using Endbringer tissue. The Taboo research. It all adds up to a great many blind spots for me."

"That has to be frustrating," I sympathized. Like how people blocked my power, I imagined.

"It is," Dinah agreed. "In any case, the longer Pantheon stays functional, the stronger at least three of the other factions get. I think a lot of it has to do with the Mass Trigger experiments they did, but I can't see Trigger Events, either. Maybe the fourth as well. It's weird, I'm not sure that one even exists right now. One more block in my power."

"Well, at least it's a relief in one respect," I offered.

"Oh?"

"It means when the time comes, we won't be fighting alone," I told her.

=============

A/N- My browser's spellcheck thinks the "Rhode" part of Rhode Island is a typo.

26. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Rang

I always find these little bits of "behind the powers" interesting. Like with Lisa being asexual largely from getting squicked out by her power, or Rachel thinking doglike. The little things that aren't immediately obvious about how the powers alter the users.

I wonder if she has trouble with accidentally using her power with board games? Probably. Bit of a pity, that: she could get all kinds of mileage on her "desperately trying to seem adult" card by being seen playing chess a lot.

27. daimahou

Ohhhhh

Ahhhhh

Missy will have her harem, whether she wants it or not.

28. GiftofLove

Liar~

Fun fact, Dinah is like a dating site that actually works. She can check her compatibility against everyone she knows to see who she would get along with the best.

-

I wonder if wiping Taylor's memory is going to bite Amelia in the ass? I recall that last time she was forced to kill herself because of Amelia's issues with mind alteration, and that was when it was Taylor's own choice.

This time she did it. Without permission.

Perhaps we finally have an in for them to confront this issue.

29. dasstan

dasstan :)

breathe
    Aaaah! Why?!

30. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

This bears repeating.
    No! BAD TanaNari! That is not a word!

Regardless, yes. Irrespective, yes.

"Irregardless", NO.