1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A True Lady's Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] rip up the rug to demonstrate your power.

2. Selias

Selias Well worn.

3. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[X] Ask for something deposable to demonstrate on.
    -[X] If he doesn't humour you or nothing better is available rip up rug

Cause we shouldn't just destroy things as a first resort.

LordVile likes this.
  4. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Blasphemy!

5. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

That rug was imported at GREAT EXPENSE from the continent, you know.

LordVile likes this.
  6. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

So was this wallpaper *rip*

This table *smash*

And so was this ch- well no, this chair was made by Bilius down the street, but still, *crunch*

LordVile likes this.
  7. FurikoMaru

JOANNA HATES EVERYTHING?

8. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

And Dio was imported at great expense from London.

FurikoMaru and LordVile like this.
  9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

- - [X] If he doesn't humour you or nothing better is available rip up rug

10. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

JOJO SMASH!

11. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

People cannot see it? Awwwwies. I wanted to scare people at night in a forest by making them think it was haunted...

12. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X] Tear into your dress with flat hand to prove your power.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  13. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

- - [X] If he doesn't humour you or nothing better is available rip up rug

14. FurikoMaru

[X] RIP AND TEAR

Your temper boils over. You have just walked through a living nightmare and acquitted yourself admirably, in your humble opinion. No one is going to say it didn't happen. Not even your father.

Without another word you drop to your knees, ignore your father's inquiry as to what you're doing, press what apparently looks like your flat palm to the carpet, and wrench with all your might.

Father gapes.

You stand. In your heart you feel...

[X] Lingering resentment at the insult; how could you, Father? Do you trust my faculties so little? "Would you care to confirm with a handshake, perhaps?"

[X] Regret at your hasty action, mixed with slowly-dissipating anger. "My apologies about the rug, Father, but I will not be treated like a madwoman in my own home."

[X] Continued anger, mixed perhaps with a small amount of contempt. Spends half his life collecting mysterious odds-and-ends and the instant something genuinely bizarre happens he dismisses it without a second look? "I will not be treated like a madwoman in my own home."

15. Biigoh

[X] Regret at your hasty action, mixed with slowly-dissipating anger. "My apologies about the rug, Father, but I will not be treated like a madwoman in my own home."

16. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

17. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

18. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

19. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Stand Name: (The World's) In Bloom

20. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Lingering resentment at the insult; how could you, Father? Do you trust my faculties so little? "Would you care to confirm with a handshake, perhaps?"

21. Ephemeral_Dreamer

Ephemeral_Dreamer Not too sore, are you?

22. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

23. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

24. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

[X] Continued anger, mixed perhaps with a small amount of contempt. Spends half his life collecting mysterious odds-and-ends and the instant something genuinely bizarre happens he dismisses it without a second look? "I will not be treated like a madwoman in my own home."

25. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

26. GoC

GoC Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Bandwagon

27. FurikoMaru

As you may have guessed, this quest is on temporary hiatus until such time as I have a) finished reading Part V and b) hammered out the details of the boarding school arc.

Don't worry, this is Jojo, so I don't need to be as detailed in people's backgrounds as with Cosmos Quest; I should be done well within a week. I just wish to be assured that I understand the series as a whole well enough to write for it effectively.

28. FurikoMaru

[X] Don't Take The Girl

"My apologies about the rug, Father," you say with a sigh, "but I will not be treated like a madwoman in my own home."

"... oh, darling, I'm so sorry to have doubted you!" Coming to your side, Father embraces you tenderly. "I think sometimes I must be going mad myself," he murmurs. "It's a different England we live in now, than the one I grew up in."

Your blood-soaked head is pressed against his chest. "Father, your suit-!"

"Confound my suit!" he declares. "Jojo, this... protective spirit... you must promise me you won't start believing yourself invincible because of it. Promise me you'll behave as sensibly as you always do. I couldn't bear another night like tonight."

No fear of that! You wouldn't relive tonight for all the tea in China. You squeeze him softly. "I promise."

"That's good. Then you won't be requiring those fighting lessons from Dio."

You frown, concerned. "But..."

"I understand your anxiety, but I really must insist," Father says, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "I've seen this sort of thing in my travels several times; if your irregularity were to become known, even if only to a few people, it wouldn't be long before interested parties started hounding us."

"I have no fear of fortune tellers and charlatans," you protest.

"Those are not the interested parties I was referring to," he replies. He takes your hand, and pats it. "You needn't worry for your safety, my dear. I will not allow any harm to befall you."

"Oh, Father," you exclaim, "if it were a matter of my own safety I would agree with you entirely. But if I fail to learn to control my abilities, how can I keep them from harming people? What if I lose my temper and lash out at you, or someone at school, or-"

"Joanna," he says soothingly, "whatever happens, you mustn't blame yourself. Spirits that take an interest in the living will often go to great lengths to defend a person or place if they feel threatened. It is no reflection on you, no matter what anyone says. Do you understand?"

You hesitate, but finally nod. "I do."

"Good." He smiles gently. "Your bathwater is probably getting cold. Go and refresh yourself before bed, dearheart."

=

It's Sunday morning. After church, Father goes to call on a colleague. You decide to spend the day

[X] on your first boxing lesson. You want to trust Father, but you can't shake the feeling that you've taken your first step into a larger world, one that it is now too late to leave.

[X] reading up on spirits and the like. You've never given your father's studies much thought before, but his talk of 'interested parties' has you on your guard.

----------

Victorian melodrama: great genre, or THE BEST IN ZA WARUDO?

Hi-ho~! Furiko the Fangirl, reporting for duty.

Y'know, next quest I do is gonna have a healthy father-child relationship, with communication that doesn't break down in the first ten minutes. My daddy-issues are rather repetitive.

29. Biigoh

[X] on your first boxing lesson. You want to trust Father, but you can't shake the feeling that you've taken your first step into a larger world, one that it is now too late to leave.
    - - [X] Talk to Dio about Father's concerns about 'interested parties' and what can be done to protect you, your father and him.

30. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

It Liiives!