1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

In the DCAU it was Toyman's robot that sent Superman to the future. They all took him for dead and even had a huge funeral for him.

Drode, BoML, Alexandercctv and 6 others like this.
  2. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Actually DCAU canon - JL episodes 45-46, "Hereafter".
    Well, I guess it is a major divergence that the JL is gaining Anti-Green Lantern instead of Lobo. ;)

Drode, BoML, Alexandercctv and 3 others like this.
  3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Urgh. Why are they such pricks? He explained the situation! And all Flash has to say is "Oh glad you're rethinking the whole serial killer thing!" Buncha assholes.

4. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Wow. If they ever get that volthoom ring off. He'd be a great Ion host.

protoss16, Navi-Hank, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  5. EvenMaster80

EvenMaster80 Shredder of Opposition -x-

That would be very interesting. I don’t think that it is very likely that Anti-Green Lantern Paul will go on like this, he’ll have to find a way to make the ring docile or break it. This story has yet to see a Green Lantern Paul and I don’t think this version of Paul would do well with Fear.

I just recently finished rereading the story from start to now and I feel I have an even greater appreciation for this story. Keep up the good story Zoat!

EvenMaster80 rolled 3 die of 6 faces, total: 9+4 = 13
    For: Something I Don’t Remeber
    Rolled on: May-24-2019, 08:18am

fappingtoyourpost likes this.
  6. Mazerii

Mazerii Know what you're doing yet?

It's odd to me that this ring addresses its wearer like the baddies talk down to the humans in battlefield earth. Is 'slave-animal' from the comics?

Ardy, Navi-Hank and Bramble Thorn like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It's not the Volthoom ring. You can tell because it's not constantly nattering inanities.
    Anti-Green rings were in one comic and were never used again. They never spoke. I don't even think their wielders ever spoke.

8. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

So Krona ring? Or is this going to be one of those "You'll never guess who made this! _____"

9. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

10. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm kinda amazed that out of all of the Paul's we've seen so far, it's AGL Paul who comes closest to joining the Justice League. It's just funny.

Also, I'm kinda shocked he lasted 100 days. That's some strength right there.

11. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean, he kinda had to. What's he gonna do, die?

12. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

which surprises me. i mean their is an African American Lantern, both adult and teen, and they HAVEN'T used them for a story?

in case anyone says its too hacky, I remind you Rise of Arsenal showed what Roy Harper thought his daughters last moments were before being killed in Cry for Justice.

nobodez likes this.
  13. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Its the cycle of death and rebirth.

The Lazarus pit works as an infusion of raw elemental magic (this being why it sometimes revives people as pseudo elementals), combine that with his lack of a soul and the constant infusions of raw will by Kalmin's anti-green ring and Slave Paul is probably along the way to becoming a will pseudo elemental same as Alan.

So since gods are jumped up elementals.

So our Paul is a greed demi god.
    Slave Paul will be a will demigod by the time the crisis happens.
    Baul is probably becoming a minor hope demigod (probably not going to be as farther as the others).
    Raul took a bath in the blood lake of Ysmaul so he is probably further than Baul into becoming a demi god of rage.
    Indigo Paul (boyz) may have gotten a massive infusion of raw compassion when he got his, so he is either below Baul or on the same level as Raul.
    Grayven is mainlining Grayven and the concept of conquest.

Timetrapper Paul IE China Paul is... Who knows wtf he has become.

14. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

Aside from the possible existences of Yaul and Vaul, there any other Pauls worth talking about?

DAT_NOOB, nobodez and Just a guy like this.
  15. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Mr Zoat, I just realised. Aren't Lazarus Pits supposed to have limited use?
    According to these:
    in the YJ universe Lazarus pits can bring one person back from the dead maybe twice before it is depleted and need to recharge.
    And then it would take some time before it recharges. And there are only about a hundred of them.:eek:

Do they work differently here than in the main YJ story?
    How long is the recharge time?

Because if the recharge time is more than the overall amount of Lazarus Pits on this earth Paul is about to run out of lives:(

erebus1994 and Navi-Hank like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Canonically, Nyssa was able to create a reusuable one. I assume that the compromises she made to do that was why she was never able to heal her womb.

17. NeoDarklight

NeoDarklight The Final Observer

Black Lantern Paul in the Buffy-verse.

Also, Superman brings flung far into the future? Sounds like this is how AGL Paul gets involved withTime Trapper Paul. Either that, or we meet Future!OLPaul again.

18. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Consequence of judeo-Christian cultures not liking cthonic deities.

Edit: autocorrect turned "cthonic" to "chronic"

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  19. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

not really, he's just temporally displaced somewhere between 50 and a few thousand years into the future, if i remember this episode right- the one where Savage accidentally genocided humanity, spent millennia completely isolated, and eventually went sane, right?

also, whoever programmed that ring (in Cannon/ setting) was a moron, cause it's AI is worse >.<

surrrre, design a device intended to run off (and that tends to leak it into its wearer/align them towards) pure willpower to constantly antagonise and torture them. there's no way that they'll never build up a resistance whilst constantly being pumped full of elemental willpower every moment they exist!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  20. Phrexia Unbound

Case in point "Chernobog".

21. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Wait, what? I missed a Paul! Someone link me to this?

Ardy likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It's normally not a problem. Users of Anti-Green rings die after 24 hours. He gets back up thanks to the Lazarus Pit, which for some reason causes the ring to return to him. Add in the possibility of repeated exposure to both the pit and ring making him something akin to what Alan was, and he'll eventually be able to overcome the ring. Resurrecting user who gets more powerful every rebirth was probably something the ring's creator didn't take into account when making the ring's AI.

Maybe we'll see him recruit AGL Paul as well as other versions of Paul who got a raw deal, unlike Paragon!OL and Renegade!OL.

24. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

I mean, TBF, PJO Hades isn't exactly a nice guy from the human's perspective due to his Godhood making him, along with all the other gods, see Humans as much lesser beings, it's just that he's not actively a dick about it.

Also, I would totally read Black Lantern in BTVS. Like, if you put up a Patreon goal for it or something, I would probably become a Patreon supporter for it, because that sounds awesome.

25. Mr Zoat

It wouldn't be that interesting. Unless he'd refuelled recently the SI's nature means that he completely lacks animating passions. It would be a long time before he gained any sort of equilibrium. And then I'd have to use [turns aside and spits] Buffy comic power levels in order for a functional Black Lantern to not own everyone.

26. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

I dunno, a story about the universe passing him by, possibly mainly focused on watching the butterflies he stomps on, would be pretty interesting, although I guess a lot of the time the perspective would have to be not!Paul for it to work.

protoss16 and Navi-Hank like this.
  27. Phrexia Unbound

On an unrelated note you could have Yaul be part of the Live Action Doom Patrol universe.

Nobody doesn't like him because he's "Ruining the narrative."

Also he saves Dolores from the Bureau's failsafe

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  28. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Any reason the ring can't be removed while he is dead? Because losing an arm doesn't seem so bad to get rid of the stupid thing.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  29. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I assume its because without a ring Nyssa has no reason to bring him back at all, and she certainly isn't going to wear the ring herself.

Bramble Thorn, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  30. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Anti-green probably has a few features compatible with the canon Red rings. Getting rid of it is as much a death sentence as wearing it.

Also i would assume Saul doesn't wait until after he is death to jump into the green goo pool, more often than not it probably happens immediately.

protoss16 and Cuchulin like this.