1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

So, he'll need to work with Issei and possibly Akeno or Rias a bit to figure out how to make them. Maybe Asia (in order to figure out how to make a sword version of Twilight Healing.)

2. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

Best thing that Kiba can do at this point? Look up Kuchiki Byakuya from Bleach.

3. the DragonBard

Hmm.

Zabimaru's Shikai should be easy enough for him to make.

Hyorinmaru's a more powerful version of Flame Delete, so he might be able to replicate some of those attacks.

Tensa Zangetsu as well (though may have to create two versions, one for the Getsuga, the other for the speed boost)

4. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Senbonzakura would be a bitch to control and Hyorinmaru would likely require a lot of power. The others, however... Zabimaru's easy enough and Knight already has a speed bonus, plus it's likely Kiba already has some kind of ability-enhancing blade in his arsenal. Getsuga's another thing that requires raw power to replicate properly, though. Maybe something that captures and releases ambient power in the area? Though it's a conditional move in such case.

5. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Inb4 Starlight Breaker <3

6. Furoan

Furoan Making the rounds.

If your going to steal Bleach Shiki's go for either Aizen's(probably infeasible) or Gin's. A sword that instantaneously goes from like half a meter to several kilometers long is kind of cool. That guy, Ikkaku's friend, 5th seat in the 11th division would be pretty cool as well for the ability to basically ape Divine Divide by stealing other people's power to continuously heal yourself. Tousen's ability to either let out a sonic shriek or block all sensory input but touch could be useful as well.

TmDagger and Odysseus2099 like this.
  7. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

The trick, so i've seen, is to replace boring phrases like "A wide blast" with something a little more flowery.

A torrent of lightning, a barrage of lightning. Compare it to something else, (a force of nature?) use metaphor or simile. A tsunami of lava, a hurricane of blades, that sort of thing.

Also, at one point you had Akeno say "ara ara, fufufu" or something.
    I'd go with one or the other. Either "Ara ara's" or laugher, but not both in the same line. Not one after the other, anyway.

TheWave, tomio, TmDagger and 6 others like this.
  8. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Just saw this. Yea most are infact namely from a rather old copy of a DnD campaign. Thorn Aura is from LoL in fact the item is Thornmail and is literally made of interlocking blades. Air Resistance Deletion is from a rather silly anime and is called Vacuum Cutter Blade allowing its wielder to ingore the particles in the air as if they were swinging it in space, forgive forgetting the name its been a while and the poster I have only shows the sword. Edge Projection comes from the Invisible Edge blade from History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi and Dynasty Warriors 8 'Reach' skill, the former is a gimmick (Diamond edge) and the latter is well a game. Blur and Heavy Gravity also come from DW series being Reaction and Heavy Blows respectfully, neither of which show up in 8 But, the effects are cutting attack frames off early(speeding up your reactions) and dealing more damage per strike and literally sending your opponents when they SHOULD be FLYING away on a good 'strong' hit instead only move a few steps away(Making Gravity affect them more.) Both are hilariously OP when used together with a good attack linker character.

TheWave, tomio, Alexander and 4 others like this.
  9. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

*Gasping and Wheezing* Just....read...over... 400 pages... of posts. *deep breath* I'm probably suffering from sleep deprivation and will probably say something silly/stupid. Fitting, I guess, since that seems to be a running gag.

Alex, man, this is some great stuff you got going here. It's been years since I took part of a quest or a forum rpg, but I just had to make an account and join in once I read this. It doesn't hurt that you run a pretty tight ship here (apart from the Great Waifu Wars and a few other exceptions, the threads were almost as civil as the internet gets). May this quest never die and continue for years to come.

If I am not overstepping my bounds, may I ask about the update speed? Back in the first two threads updates were daily. These days we get them like, weekly or even bi-weekly. I know RL hits hard, and as long as you don't burn out and abandon this quest I am fine with this. I'm just wondering if we will ever go back to the glory days or if this is a permanent thing. Or if this a sign that the quest is stagnating and dying :(. Say it isn't so.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to reread the Light Novels and brush up on Exalted 2d so I can meaningfully contribute here.

TheWave, tomio, Alexander and 11 others like this.
  10. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

it updates every couple days to maybe once every week longest time alex has gone without updating was a month i think? its only been a few days since last update so do be patient please

TheWave, tomio, ZipLopz and 6 others like this.
  11. Lone Wolf 666

Lone Wolf 666 Versed in the lewd.

Added to this. This quest didn't share the fates of many quest on QQ. Short and bright, before dying in a whimper.

TheWave, tomio, ZipLopz and 6 others like this.
  12. Crow

Crow I trust you know where the happy button is?

-Looks at name-
    -Uses Batman deduction-

Guys! I found Kiba!

13. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Welcome to QQ and my quest :)

I swear I will never let this quest stagnate and/or dying, not after coming so far. The regret would be too strong to bear.

Yes, RL is hitting me hard: there is something very important for my future that I must finish this year at all costs, and sadly come first to the quest. Another factor is that so much posts and development less choices are required, so my posts tend to be larger. But like I said, I will not let this quest die.

TheWave, UberJJK, tomio and 9 others like this.
  14. Biofan09

Oh no, don't get me wrong guys. I'm not trying to come off as pushy or desperate. I know the usual fate of these things (the crushing disappointment is what made me stop playing) and I am eternally thankful to the Unconquered Sun that this quest is still alive. I'm just worried, that's all.

And that's all I need to know. Thank you for calming my fears and gl with whatever it is you are doing. If you do it half as well as you write, then you've got it in the bag.

TheWave, ZipLopz, Sol Mark-1 and 5 others like this.
  15. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Hi Alexander, I hope that the important thing goes well, also what a good update for the quest it is interesting how you adapt the canon powers and abilities, and make something new.

Thank you for the quest.

Welcome Biofan09.

- I have been wondering wiis abilities should Issei train now, maybe we coul train Issei Performance (women love good dancers.), Integrity is also important, Medicine would not be bad, Socialize has good charms, lets discuss wish abilities Issei has to train.

Charms.

Cost: 1m; Mins: Socialize 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Social
    Duration: Until next action
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    The Solar attunes herself to the patterns of human interaction. This Charm makes her responses to social situations so natural and appropriate that in social combat she treats all enemy groups as one point of Magnitude smaller than they are (to a minimum of 0.) It also increases her effective Appearance by one dot. When in doubt, other characters will be more apt to do small favors and provide hospitality than not. finally, this Charm ensures that the character understands the basic motivations of everyone present in the scene, as if her player had rolled three successes on a mundane Investigation roll to estimate each person’s motives.

Cost: 5m; Mins: Medicine 2, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 5)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Touch
    Duration: Solar’s Essence in hours
    Prerequisite Charms: Any Medicine Excellency
    Those who serve the Solars faithfully need know no pain. The recipient of this Charm feels a temporary euphoria qualitatively similar to an opium high. This Charm cancels up to three points of the target’s penalties from Sickness, Poison and Crippling effects and wound penalties. Its effects linger for five minutes after the duration expires. Touch of Blissful Release is not physically addictive to the target.

Cost: 1m; Mins: Medicine 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    The eyes of the Solar Exalted see the hidden truths of others’ pains. This Charm lets the Solar automatically determine which of the target’s observable traits and described symptoms are medically related. If the Solar uses this Charm in the process of a formal diagnosis, normally a dramatic (Perception + Medicine) action with a Speed of 5 long ticks, this Charm protects her from any error in diagnosis. If she has enough information, she accurately identifies each condition, its source and its additional effect. If she does not have enough information — as when a target who caught an unknown disease from eating infected human brains successfully conceals his cannibalism — she recognizes that some key piece of the puzzle is missing.

I am not sure if this charm is a good idea, or how it would work with Boosted Gear.
    Cost: 10m, 1wp or 13m, 1wp; Mins: Resistance 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Obvious
    Duration: One scene
    Prerequisite Charms: Hauberk-Lightening Gesture
    The Solar armors herself in the blazing glory of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm creates a suit of golden body armor from the Solar’s anima. The character can design the armor to suit his personal aesthetic and mood — it can be sleek, imposing, ornate or simple. Regardless of aesthetic, it is always unmistakably medium or heavy armor, and it always glows with a golden light resembling an 8-10 mote Solar anima display. This light is bright enough to read by in a three-yard radius.
    Characters can only use this Charm if they are not already wearing body armor or a warstrider. It creates armor with 10L/10B soak, 5 Hardness, a -1 mobility penalty and no fatigue penalty. The character is instantly fully armored. For an additional three motes, if the character is not carrying a shield, he can create a glowing shield that gives a +1 cover DV bonus against hand-to-hand attacks and a +3 cover DV bonus against ranged attacks. This shield is always unmistakably a shield and bears the sunburst emblem of the Unconquered Sun.

TheWave, kinglugia and Bloodshifter like this.
  16. the DragonBard

When we finally get Balance Breaker, Glorious Solar Plate would almost be redundant, and a waste of XP, since we'll be able to summon Artifact armor at will.

What Abilities to raise?

Hmm...

Kind of depend on what direction we want to go in.

A couple of dots in Socialize would be good. Help with making allies, and juggling them, like our connections with the Fallen Angels and Devils, and probably Heaven eventually. Plus gathering resources

We'll likely want Investigation maxed out when we get to some of the later story arcs.

Five dots in Craft would be good. That way, we can make a ton of money by selling artwork of various kinds. Especially if we get a specialty like Beautiful Women, which means that, as long as what we make involves the image of a beautiful woman (or is meant for one) we got it in the bag.

War would be good, as we could then train Rias into a great general, to help with her Peerage.

Maxing out Occult and Lore would also be good, as Occult would probably help us with new magics, and we could use Lore to get a job in computers, or

Bureaucracy would also help. For one, it would be a good thing for us to train Rias in, as she's going to (eventually) be ruler of a significant area of the Underworld. Plus, as we're likely going to be her husband, it'd be good for us to know a thing about dealing with governments. Plus, it would let us make more money by way of investments.

Performance... well, we could do a less humiliating version of Oppai Dragon. That show, in canon, made Issei a 'ton' of money. Probably multiple 5 dot Resources.

Mastery of Small Manners would probably be a good thing to get, though I'd like to get Dragon Essence Domination.

If Issei had access to a Sidereal Sifu, I'd suggest he learn a Sidereal MA.
    Unless Bright could transfer her knowledge of Sidereal MA somehow (Yeah, didn't think so.)

17. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Or it will upgrade Glorious Solar Plate to Glorious Solar Warstrider. That's a risk I'm willing to take.

18. Biofan09

From the viewpoint of someone who is, admittedly, shit at optimizing characters I'd say we get Socialize so we can get allies that will cover our weakness (like we did with Asia with Medicine, or the Shinobi with Stealth, or Eiko with Bureaucracy) and get the resources needed for projects later on. Like your typical Shonen/Magnetic Hero type.

I could have sworn Sidereal MA were mentioned to be possible to learn earlier...

We should probably wait until Smut or Eternity weigh in their opinions before we make any solid plans though. The impression I got while marathoning the threads was that those guys were the ones who seem to know their stuff the best.

"Heavy risk. But the prize...."

On a side note, does anyone else think that Eiko encouraged the fights for an other purpose than to troll us? Maybe she is recording them or taking detailed notes, so that we may better learn how well our subordinates fight these days in a real battle and in a team. It seems like the beneficiary yet annoying thing she would do.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  19. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Money isn't really a thing we're going to need for the foreseeable future given the payout for Azazel's testing.

Get a job? When we already sink a load of time most days into attending school? We'd never have any time for adventuring! Just hack terrorist groups and steal all their ill-gotten gains.

And Rias should arguably already have a few dots in War.

She should have Bureaucracy too. Rias is noted in the books to be an excellent saleswoman, particularly when it comes to convincing people to join her peerage.

TheWave, ZipLopz, Sol Mark-1 and 4 others like this.
  20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

To attract allies you want Presence and Performance. 2E Socialize is used more for really large group social events, ranging from parties to shaping cultures on a nation-wide scale. Solar Socialize is very very dangerous stuff for Issei to be screwing around with, lots of unintended consequences are pretty much inevitable even if he limits the scale to, say, the population of Kuoh Academy.

I see some support for teaching people how to do things. The way to get really good at this is to buy up two Lore excellencies and Harmonious Academic Methodology and Legendary Scholar Curriculum OR invest in War and go for Tiger Warrior Training and Legendary Warrior Curriculum. Those are the big training charms, but Tiger Warrior Training is more suited for training a military unit, not a class of martial artists, and you need HAM to teach non-martial skills. Alternatively, we could delve into 3E Lore and unlock all kinds of neat tricks, like the charm that lets you earn bonus EXP for teaching people or the essence-sharing charms that turn Issei into a giant power plant feeding motes to his allies.

My main interest right now is beefing up our defenses in preparation for Kokabiel and whatever he brings with him, but apart from that I would suggest some investment in Investigation, such as Judge's Ear Technique. That one Integrity charm that allows other people to figure out that you're being mind-controlled when the Great Curse is in play is a high priority too.

21. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Ah yes plan "Fuck terrorism"

we still haven't had the time to implement it thanks to the various adventures we've been on and the other things we needed to buy with xp.

TheWave, ZipLopz, Sol Mark-1 and 4 others like this.
  22. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

We already have a job. We're a highschool student. That by itself is a full time job. And that's not counting the occasional contract work we do for Rias or the Japanese government (At least, I'm pretty sure it was a government agency that sent us to deal with the Nura clan...).

Sol Mark-1 and Least Devotee like this.
  23. Stroth

Not sure the History Compilation Committee is actually government government. Definitely has very good contacts though.

24. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

They clearly have some level of authority with the supernatural. Whether or not that's as a part of the local government or as a respected third party is less clear.

25. Furoan

The history Compilation Committee, IIRC, originates from Campione! They have authority in the supernatural world the same way powerful organisations/people have authority in the real world, that is they have a lot of powerful members, they have lots of money and the know where the bodies are buried. They probably have contacts WITH the Japanese Goverment but I doubt they are actually working for them.

Honeslty Issei is a Solar. No job he could get (at the moment) would really be worth it. Once he leaves school though? I imagine he's made SOME money via that deal with the Fertility Charm that might be (like in the light novels) be managed by Rias's brother's wife till he comes of age or something, then of course he is doing a few contract jobs for the History Compilation Society.

Lore to get good at computers to ahem...edit a few records could be useful but as a job? That said, if Heaven/Hell have something equivalent to the A!MG Yggaladril Super-Computer (yes I'm aware it was a tree in Norse Mythology), God-Mind Algorithm, Firewall-Defying Method and Data-Fortress Technology would be pretty useful.

26. Stroth

No, Eiko handles his finances. Also, He's not a member of House Gremory, he's a contractor that does some work for them. They wouldn't have any right to handle his money even if he was getting a cut of the fertility charms.

Least Devotee likes this.
  27. Furoan

Hmm your right, sorry was thinking of something else, though I forgot how long has it actually been (timewise) since we organized that deal?

28. noahgab1133

well at least until he marries rias.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  29. Stroth

He's a yokai clan head, an ascending Heavenly Dragon and a Solar. She'd be joining his family, not the other way around.

30. noahgab1133

given that the gremory family is big on the whole taking care of family and a very important one in the underworld not to mention a long lasting one, i suspect it'd be more of merge than rias joining issei's and that's stretching things a bit since issei's faction hasn't even existed for a year yet.

Though given how issei has been seducing people from various factions, i suspect people will think issei's faction has been in the works for years even if that is entirely bullshit but then again SOLAR=BULLSHIT :D

Least Devotee likes this.