1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A True Lady's Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 26, 2013.

1. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

[X] Italy? For real and for true? How marvelous! And perhaps, if Father's friends are correct, you could learn the true nature of your abilities.

2. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

[X] Italy? For real and for true? How marvelous! And perhaps, if Father's friends are correct, you could learn the true nature of your abilities.

Tie it up.

3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Confound the Bamburgh Adkinses! You have no intention of permitting your phantom to control your life, and certainly you have no desire to be poked and prodded by strangers for it. You shall attend St Trinian's as mother would have wanted.

Because Italy is an ALL GIRLS school with no easy access to Dio.

4. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

But but we will learn to make some homemade brandy that we can bring Dio when we have Hollidays. And how to steal a horse and shot one of those modern six shoters.. And Breaking and entering which is always usefull as our father should know when he is "liberating" ancient artefacts.

LordVile likes this.
  5. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Genki na, Speedwagon!

"Really? She's doing this for every quest she runs?" -_-

"Hey, at least it's content, sort of."

"'Content, sort of' describes the majority of the last five updates." :V

A match ignites, illuminating the scarred, raccoon-like face of an old man. Lighting a candelabra that from the look of it is worth more than your car, he gives you the smirk that once struck terror in the hearts of every Ogre Street thug with more than two brain cells to rub together, and quite a few without.

Evenin', gents. Miss Furiko tells me you've been havin' trouble weighing the benefits of each of the options she's given you. Well, as someone more qualified than most to poke my nose in where it doesn't belong, I thought I'd stop by and give you a hand.

Ah, St Trinian's! That venerable old chopshop. Audited a few classes there m'self in my younger days - always been interested in higher education, I have. *embarrassed cough/laugh* Well, the girl'll certainly have her mind broadened by the experience, but it's no secret what goes on there; you sure your little miss can handle that viper's nest? Not to be unkind, but from what Miss Furiko tells me the child's a bit of a stiff-neck. Don't know what your St Trinian's is like, but the girls I remember could never abide insubordination from the forces of Order - and especially not from a firstie!

As for Naples, have you taken leave of your senses?! That's the home of the Zeppeli family - where those men go disaster follows! Good solid fellows the lot of them, but they've no luck to speak of at all. Exhibit A: they live in a city next to a volcano. Shouldn't take a genius to see the problem with that. You want to send a child in your care there?

Still, Miss Furiko assures me the Common School's the chance of a lifetime. Though I have to say, she does so with a disturbing gleam in her eye. Be on your guard, chaps, the woman's a bit Mum and Dad. No tellin' what she might throw at you.

Who's the bird on the block, anyway?

*offscreen whisper*

... O/////////////////O*STATIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC*

... uh, Mr Speedwagon?

... hm. Seems we're having Jonathan-in-a-schoolgirl-uniform-related technical difficulties. Sorry about that, we'll have to continue another time. ^_^;

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    LordVile likes this.
  6. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

Oh Speedwagon, how will you coolly withdraw now?

Anyways, into the fray.

7. FurikoMaru

;D Grahf! You came!

8. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Confound the Bamburgh Adkinses! You have no intention of permitting your phantom to control your life, and certainly you have no desire to be poked and prodded by strangers for it. You shall attend St Trinian's as mother would have wanted.

Because as fun as it would be to have an excuse to get to use my knowledge of Italian I don't think JoJo would want to leave England and her father.

9. FurikoMaru

Speaking Italian wouldn't be of much use to you; modern standard Italian is based on the Florentine dialect, and the school is in Naples.

Also, I should note that this is 1881, you're in Sussex, and St Trinian's is in Cambridgeshire; it's not like you're going to be popping home on weekends or anything. You aren't choosing stay-with-Dad-and-Dio vs go-away, you're choosing where you're going away to.

10. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Curse the boarding school system!

11. Malcolmo

Dannazione! :mad: :p
    Well that changes things.

12. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Furi.

That avvie. Dat Dio!

[X] No Italy.

Unless hetalia. Then yes Italia.

13. FurikoMaru

... damn it, now the Lovino cameo isn't going to be a surprise. XD

Writing the update now.

14. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

15. FurikoMaru

[X] Be Italian

It is a wrench to break with tradition; when Aunt Polly was alive she used to say that St Trinian's was the best education any Englishwoman could ask for. Your grandmother was part of the school's first graduating class - she even married one of her old professors.

However...

"Do your colleagues understand the needs of a ladies' education well enough to assess this Common School?" you ask. "Many of them are bachelors, I had thought."

"You needn't worry on that account, my dear," Father says. "I spoke with a representative of the school only just this morning, a Dr de Owen. de Groot remembers him from Cambridge - sensible chap, good family. The usual Welsh flair for the ironic, but nothing untoward." He reaches for the salt, but at your stern look he retracts his hand, chastened. You make a mental note to ask Belle to take over enforcement of Dr Pendleton's orders regarding Father's diet when you go off to school.

With a cough, he continues. "At any rate he's the History master of the place and the Deputy Head, and I have to say, the curriculum he laid out for me was quite impressive. He was particularly effusive about the frequent field trips," he adds temptingly, and you struggle not to laugh; of course that would be what Father considers most important.

"Then I shall trust your judgement," you say finally.

"Excellent!" Father looks relieved. "I'll send a telegram in the morning."

"Congratulations, Jojo," Dio says, raising his glass with a smile. "An emissary of goodwill from Abney Park to Il Mezzogiorno."

=

The preparations occupy much of your free time these days, but luckily spring classes concluded yesterday and you now have a little more breathing room. You spend it mostly

[X] with Del; you have to make this summer count.

[X] with Dio; the two of you appear to share a love of reading.

[X] on covert experimentation with your thorns.

16. Biigoh

[X] with Dio; the two of you appear to share a love of reading.
    - - [X] But the truth is, that the two of you are experimenting. No, not like THAT~. How perverse. But with your thorns.

17. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

-- [X] Even though you're sure that Del has taken your orders about Dio to heart, she's going to be the one who is your eyes and ears here while you're away. Dio is family, but he also has his own motivations, Del is your servant friend who you know will keep an eye out to make sure things don't get out of hand. Besides, what was it about Dio that had her so unnerved to begin with, unnerved enough to talk back for a moment?

Might be reading too much into Del's reaction to Dio, but what she was going to say until JoJo cut her off has me intrigued.

18. Guile

[X] With Del and Dio
    -[X] You want your best friend-ish person and your surrogate brother to get along. And they will, if they know what is good for them.

19. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

-- [X] Even though you're sure that Del has taken your orders about Dio to heart, she's going to be the one who is your eyes and ears here while you're away. Dio is family, but he also has his own motivations, Del is your servant friend who you know will keep an eye out to make sure things don't get out of hand. Besides, what was it about Dio that had her so unnerved to begin with, unnerved enough to talk back for a moment?

20. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X] With Del and Dio
    -[X] You want your best friend-ish person and your surrogate brother to get along. And they will, if they know what is good for them.

This can only end in pain.

21. FurikoMaru

Next tie-breaker calls it.

22. Scia

[X] With Del and Dio

23. FurikoMaru

[X] Bound by the surprise of our glory days

Del doesn't like the fact that Dio now has an open invitation to spend time with the two of you, but she has the good grace not to make a fuss. She's polite enough to him, but nervous as a cat whenever he speaks to her, as though his words themselves do her some injury.

You can't fathom it. True, Dio has his faults - he's too impulsive, and his sense of humour is terribly dry. But those are part of his charm! You couldn't ask for a better brother. Certainly he's better than the half-dozen little devils Del has at home.

Why, then, should he disturb the girl so?

One afternoon in mid-July, you get your answer.

The three of you have spent a happy few hours out riding, when upon your return you notice the fence of the northwest paddock has been damaged, perhaps in last night's storm. Bidding the other two ride on ahead, you stop in to notify the groundskeeper before following them.

After divesting Slow Dancer of her tack, you make your way out of the stables only to stop dead in your tracks at what you see.

[​IMG]
    (Found on tumblr)

Neither of them seem to have noticed you; Dio's eyes are closed, and Del's, though initially wide with shock, soon follow suit. A soft mewling sound wells up from her throat as she slowly snakes her arms around Dio.

[X] Reaction?

-----

I know, I know, laziness on my part, but it's such an iconic image I had to include it.

24. Biigoh

[X] Cover your mouth with shock and LOOK at this scandalous thing happening here.
    - - [X] Blush and hide behind the stable door and keep looking!

25. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Cover your mouth with shock and LOOK at this scandalous thing happening here.

26. Guile

[X] Oh my. Well, Dio certainly seems quite... er, vigorous. And uninhibited. Must they really do this in public?
    [X] Your toys are playing together. Wasn't... wasn't this what you wanted?

27. Malcolmo

Is it just me or does the title remind me of part of the lyrics of a song?
    Someone like you to be precise.

28. FurikoMaru

I've been slipping song references into titles here and over in Cosmos Quest quite regularly, yes.

29. Scia

Now I need good inspiration for somethiung to show the following idea "but they are both mine..."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  30. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Confound this

I wanted jojodio damn you furiko

Wait if hetalia cross then I love you forever and ever. Yet jojodio! Bah. Bisexuality is a thing, I demand jojodiodel now.

Wait no I want jojodio top not an ot3 ffffff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014