1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

Considering if you remove the instinctual moral reputation boost that comes with the word? Yes.
    Babies are beings who have only the slightest hints of something that could maybe resemble a morality system if you're rather dull.
    If you look at it normally they are essentially unformed masses of desires with no mental fetters to tie them down yet. A mindless monster who will do as its instincts command it with no regard for anything else held back only by its weak body, and lack of understanding of.. well anything.
    Match is at the same time less and more of a monster than most babies.

2. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Not a sociopath just confused as hell because he is basically "new" and doesn't have any real life experiences besides that fight before.

Is the equivalent of someone waking up from a coma with missing memories.

3. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

Babies are EVIL, so yes.

4. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

There are around 150 Morris sides (or teams) in the United States. There are isolated groups in other countries, for example those in Utrecht and Helmond, Netherlands; the Arctic Morris Group of Helsinki, Finland and Stockholm, Sweden; as well as in Cyprus.

Not just our weird shit

Also, its a holdover from a 1500s fashion for Spanish and Italian "Moorish" dancing.

Ardy likes this.
  5. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Actually, I'd say that a better parallel would be to a domestic fox bought as a pet from the Russian breeding program. Those animals are healthy, normal individuals (albeit selectively bred for tameness), and sold as young adults; however, they've lived their lives, up to that point, mostly in cages and other enclosures, and have never been socialized. While they are friendly and tame, their new owner will have to spend a great deal of time socializing them and, essentially, teaching them how to be foxes (or, probably more accurately, how to be dogs) before they're ready to be allowed to, say, roam the house freely during a party. Match is healthy, physically and mentally, but he's at a young adult stage of physical development without having any past socialization; he needs time and exposure to understanding persons to learn how to be human. Er, Kryptonian. Whichever--he needs time and exposure to mature emotionally.

(If domestic foxes are a little too esoteric an example for you, a few years ago, my parents adopted a pair of corgis who were rescued from being breeding stock at a puppy mill. Much like the domestic foxes, they were normal young adult dogs, but had spent their entire lives living in cages and had never been socialized, so it was a fairly long and difficult process to teach them how to be dogs. They did become well-socialized, however, and while one of them eventually had to be put down because he had developed a neurological disorder that resulted in severe seizures, the other is still perfectly healthy and the sweetest dog you'll ever meet.)

6. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Cliff's Notes. (Or Cliffs Notes, or CliffsNotes, but Clark is old enough that it would have been written with the space and apostrophe at the time in his life that it would have been relevant.)

Prince Charon and Mr Zoat like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

8. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

All Children have to learn empathy, it doesn't really start settling in until about 6 years of age. Match has Teen Sized Brain tho, so it might happen faster.

9. Itypeslow

Itypeslow Corpses for the Corpse God!

I jut drove through Rifle Colorado and let me tell you it is not large. It is pretty close to the middle of nowhere, just down the road there is a highway exit with a sine labeled "No name, no services" I'm guessing that's were the secret mountain fortress is.

Bramble Thorn and DrThoth like this.
  10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Not that secret, under the Challengers it was basically a theme park.

In one Challengers miniseries they where they were basically the Kardassians of heroism- cartoons, breakfast cereals, movies, halloween costumes, the vast majority of it celebrating adventures that mostly never happened. Multi-Man had a full head of hair, a normal sized head, and apparently no immortality, so that series was in it's own continuity, though.

Cuchulin, Ardy and Vorian like this.
  11. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I like how fucking Destiny of the Endless for some reason couldn't pick up on random celebrities from Earth who did extreme sports.

Fucking Life Entity.

Stsword and Cuchulin like this.
  12. Threadmarks: Difficulty (part 17)
    Mr Zoat

Difficulty

Day 97
    17:05 GMT -5

Kalibak flares his nostrils expansively as Ms Selton sprints down a side street towards a burning building. His eyes then shift to the fallen Star Sapphire and Mr Doe.

"Pathetic."

For a moment, Ms Willis looks a little less confident. Then she recovers with a jaunty smile, electricity crackling around her fists. "You want first crack at-"

Kalibak's right hand twitches, and a manhole cover embeds itself in the armour covering my face. I surge left across the street and he slams into the space I was standing, the road surface cratering around his fists and the shock cracking the tarmac all around him!

"-him? Oh, guess you-"

Construct shields block the chunks of concrete Kalibak hurls at me.

"-do."

More electricity arcs my way, once again failing to make contact. Didn't she used to be able to control all electronics in Metropolis? No, not important. Weak to water, and any modern city has gallons of the stuff a little way underground in pipes and hydrants. Kalibak-.

His right fist crushes my construct shield and I back up again, an energy pulse fired at his eyes merely making him blink hard as he barrels forward! I create a frictionless construct beneath his feet as I evade once again, and he-

"Ooof!"

-falls on his face. Okay, I think Ms Willis is the larger threat to the city. Master, locate water pipe.

Data available.

I blink, and green lines showing me where pipes lie under the road appear in my visual field. Good show. I fly at Ms Willis as Kalibak picks himself up, surrounding her with a bubble construct before she can transubstantiate.

"Let me out!"

Her eyes go white as her body is surrounded by electrical discharges, turning the inside of my construct into a plasma ball. Which is an apt comparison, because if-

Bullets ping off my construct armour. I ignore them.

-she puts enough power into it the air in there will turn into plasma, and there's a distinct limit to the level of plasma pressure I can contain. Hydrant, hydrant, there! I-. I don't slam her into it hard enough to rupture the metal, but instead use her to block a lump of masonry as Kalibak renews his attack. The construct cracks-

"Yeah! Like that!"

-while I open the hydrant and connect a construct hose to it before sticking the nozzle end of the hose into-

"yAAAAAGHH!"

-the construct bubble. Ms Willis shakes violently for a moment as if being electrocuted, then slumps bonelessly to the bottom of the bubble. Hm. It should be possible to contain her by keeping a small portion of her body in water at all times-. Not relevant. I never found out exactly how long she stayed unconscious for, earthing her just gives her an escape route and given how wildly she can arc I doubt that a Faraday cage would achieve much. Just dump-?

Kalibak slams into my armour!

"And now I have you!"

He grips the construct armour around my head, which immediately begins fracturing! I focus on it, dropping Ms Willis to the floor as I stop focusing on her prison. Water sprays across the street as-

"Rrrrraaaaawhh!"

-Kalibak exerts himself. Okay, Kalibak, weaknesses. Superman. Not helpful. Radion. Master?

Data not available.

Ah… Looks like he's breathing-.

Splitting focus unaided with a green ring is not a good idea, and the difficulty involved probably explains why John Stewart likes to keep things simple. Master?

An image of a suit of Qwardian power armour appears in my mind along with a simple hose.

"Ugh."

Kalibak grunts as he tries to squeeze the now far harder plate armour, his fingers barely making an impression. In the meantime I get the hose construct into position…

And clamp it over his mouth.

His eyes boggle as high pressure water roars down his throat, displacing air as it fills his lungs. My construct over his mouth and nose prevents him from clearing his airways, and while I don't know how often he usually needs to breathe this isn't a matter of just holding his breath. He's got no air in there to hold onto. With growing desperation he gives up on squeezing and just grabs onto the hose with both hands, falling off me and onto the street as he tries to pull it off him. It takes him a moment to achieve his objective, then he rolls onto his front and starts vomiting up water in a frantic attempt to clear his lungs.

So I restore the hose construct, shifting position as he reels back and shooting him in the eyes to try and keep him distracted. Yes… Working. He's still trying to get the hose off but his tugs are weakening. Keep it up

Kalibak, son of Darkseid, collapses back onto the pavement.

I have Master count a full minute before removing the hose and hoiking him into the air and letting the water run out.

Huh.

I look around. Windows and vehicles are smashed and a few buildings are going to need structural repairs… There are probably bodies in there, but I can't hear any more explosions. If this is all of the supervillains who were taking part in the attack -barring Ms Selton- then paramedics and other aid workers can get in there now.

Master, location of nearest-.

Another round of bullets ping off my construct armour, and I turn to see a Metropolis SWAT team laying down suppressing fire at me while one of their colleagues brings up an anti-armour missile launcher. Looks like the League hasn't managed to reach them. I pointedly raise my hands, construct reaching out to pick up each of my fallen foes in turn.

They fire the missile anyway, but I block it with Kalibak so no harm done.

"Excuse me! Do you have the facilities to hold these people?!"

They freeze in apparent confusion, but I see someone with a corporal's markings activate their radio.

"Maybe I should take over from here?"

I look left-.

"Superman?"

My charges fall to the ground, and I'm only just able to react to get a crashmat construct under Star Sapphire. Superman… Is… Now sporting a beard and.. decidedly barbarian-looking clothing, complete with a sword strapped to his back.

I don't-.

The slave-animal will gather combat data on the kryptonian.

No. I won't.

"I'm a little surprised to see you here."

"The.. League will be here shortly, it was just.. quicker for me. And I.. do owe you for your help. But-" I glance at the police position as Margaret Sawyer cautiously comes forward. "-it.. might be best if I do let you take over." He nods. "I'm.. glad that you're not dead."

"You and me both." He looks around at the damage and sighs quietly. "I don't suppose I could talk you into sticking around to help with repairs, could I? I know you've already paid me back-."

"Yes. Yes, of course. I didn't-. This isn't quid pro quo, when you died… I worked through the pain to.. be able to do this. I don't want to.. go back to.. how I was living. Whatever you need, I'll do it."

He smiles. "I'm glad to hear it. I'll settle things with Maggie, and then… I've got some business to take care of."

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  13. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Link is dead. You may want to reupload images you use to a stable host like imgur.

https://www.deviantart.com/alexbadass/art/Bearded-Superman-600295392
    https://i.imgur.com/R0maiwA.png

Pretty much everything I know about DC is from With This Ring, but I've heard about multiple evil Supermans appearing after his death. Is that what's going on?

Edit: Nevermind

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Honestly surprised to see AGL back so soon. Now this is just building up the suspense/speculation of what Paragon!Match will be like. He kind of reminds me of Goliad from Adventure Time. A powerful creature with absolutely no life experience and is being taught how to live by the protagonists. Hopefully Superman and the Team won't screw it up like Jake screwed up Goliad.

15. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Nope. It's a plot from DCAU, where Superman gets zapped into a post-apocalyptic future where he has to work with Vandal Savage to send himself back in time to prevent Savage's past self from accidentally causing said apocalypse. The barbarian look is because the post-apocalyptic future has a red sun.

16. Embers999

Embers999 Not too sore, are you?

In the DCAU, which this timeline is in, Toyman did not actually kill Superman, just sent him to the far future to an earth mostly empty of life aside from Vandal Savage. Superman eventually makes it back to the past, and since there was a major lack of hygiene items, had a beard when he got home.

17. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I can second that recommendation. Imgur is more-or-less tied to/is a major social media platform, but is still mainly a image hosting site, and doesn't have all that much that gets in the way of it. It's free, it's works better than photobucket, and it's less likely to up and die a few years down the road.

18. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Fist I assume.

Prince Charon and Mr Zoat like this.
  19. Mr Zoat

20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Wouldn't work anyways, DCAU New Gods aren't weak to the stuff.

I guess not even Paul would have been able to stop DCAU Savage.

fappingtoyourpost and Relyt33 like this.
  21. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Thank you, Mr Zoat. I think everyone will be happy with this.

...sprints down a side street towards a burning building.

'Mr Doe'? Who was that again? Checking back, Deadshot was the only male other than Kalibak seen in the previous chapters.

Then she recovers with a jaunty smile, electricity crackling around fists.
    (or 'around her fists' for a clearer sentence)

...and a manhole cover embeds itself in the armour covering my face.

His right fist crushes my construct shield and I back up again...

This seems out of place.

Heh. The big muscleman might seem scary, but the worst he can do is punch things...

If anyone wonders what that means, Livewire can turn into electricity for faster movement.

Missed the Full Stop. ;)

...then slumps bonelessly to the bottom of the bubble.

Okay, Kalibak, weaknesses. Superman. Not helpful. Radion. Master?

Usually spelt as 'meantime'.

With growing desperation he gives up on squeezing...

Even the strongest man still needs to breathe. With exceptions...

...construct reaching out to pick up each of my fallen foes in turn.

Ow. I suppose that's one way to make him useful.

Love that flare of hope. Even if...

...Yup. Joy of lacking Enlightenment.

Before looking, I pictured whatisname from Powers, Christian Walker, in his bronze age hero days...

Fight the power!

I glance at the police position as Margaret Sawyer cautiously comes forward.
    (According to Wikipedia)

Glad to see this continued, Mr Zoat. Though I can see how quickly it was run off... I think everyone can agree, it was worth it?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Charles Flynn, zeebza, Drode and 9 others like this.
  22. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

So will the AGL storyline actually have a conclusion?

He has shown remarkable willpower to resist the torture, so maybe he will get a regular Lantern Ring?

23. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Note that he let the rest hit the ground.
    Copperhead.

24. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I was talking about the Hope disrupting his Will momentarily, but that is notable.
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about him. Not that he was much of a threat to a Lantern anyway...:rolleyes: The only thing he made an impact on in that fight was the ground.

25. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

Every version of the SI apparently loses the knowledge of whatever series they go to. OL noticed that when he was zapped into their heads by Ambush Bug. Red Lantern Paul didn't remember the Teen Titans, but OL did, while he didn't recognize the series he was put into.

26. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

They are in With this Ring. Grayven got hit by one the Thanagarians on earth 50 used to fight new gods.

Prince Charon likes this.
  27. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Pretty sure Superman has beaten him several times already, actually.

28. Mr Zoat

I think it's twice at this point. Him being on Earth is actually a little odd, as the Apokoliptian Civil War should be happening about now.

29. Bomaz

Bomaz Know what you're doing yet?

Maybe he's recruiting?

Apokalyps style that means kidnapping and violently coercing I think.

Cuchulin, Vorian and Alexandercctv like this.
  30. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I always took it as, other then them needing a moderately strong mook for Superman to beat down, was Kalibak's usual motive of trying to impress Darkseid. Considering at this point Darkseid had already enslaved and then fought Superman once, with New Genesis popping in to force him back, if Kalibak could win some victory, take some territory, in his mind perhaps he could gain favor.

The part I hate is after Kalibak, in his own words, "flattens" Wonder Woman and Batman proceeds to stall him until Superman shows up and takes him out in one punch. Superman says something like "Truthfully, I don't think you could have beaten Batman either."

This is after, you know, Kalibak defeated Wonder Woman. Way to shit on the Amazon Princess there Kal-El.

Oh you fool! You can't argue with Vaermina using actual Zoat canon.