1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A True Lady's Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[Q] Dio should meet mister knife, up close and personal.

I mean.

[X] Dio is leading your friend in a merry dance. Everyone knows it's the boy's responsibility to be... responsible! He is to be forthright with her about his feelings one way or the other, and he is to do so at the next available opportunity.

2. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

[X] Dio is leading your friend in a merry dance. Everyone knows it's the boy's responsibility to be... responsible! He is to be forthright with her about his feelings one way or the other, and he is to do so at the next available opportunity.

3. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

FURIKOOOOOOOO!!!!!! <tackles with a hug from offscreen> :D

Ahem.

-[X] Brother, I don't mind if you want to pursue my friend, so long as you are willing to accept responsibility for the consequences. However, I must insist that you attempt to be more... discreet in your actions. One false step could have disastrous consequences for either of you, and I... I'm only looking out for both of your own best intersts. Such is my own responsibility, as the Lady of this household.

Feel free to edit/modify/whatever that as needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Eva? o_O What are you doing here? You've never even read Jojo!

5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Dio is that manly he attracts men who are straight?

6. EvaUnit01

Furiko: No point in hiding it now, I'm here solely because I enjoy the hell out of your writing! And I PLAN to start reading Jojo... just as soon as I have another opportunity to exploit highspeed public wifi. Also working on trying to binge-read through your Cosmos Quest as well.

Biigoh: Nope.

7. FurikoMaru

Well, go check out Cosmos Quest, too. :3 Let's see how good you think I am when it's your fandom I'm fuckin' with.

8. EvaUnit01

I'm a fanfic author, and Naruto is FAR from sacred to me. Never seen Lupin III either, but so far Cosmos Quest is pretty great. I just read the phrase "Momkra is such bullshithax. -_-" :)) So yeah, you're still pretty great. <great big beaming smile>

9. FurikoMaru

Apparently not so great I can't fail reading comprehension. XD

10. EvaUnit01

I think we've all failed an English course or two over the course of our lifetimes, 8).

Anyhow, this Quest on hiatus or something? I started reading the JJBA manga last night and I'm hooked.

11. FurikoMaru

... no, I mean, your post mentioned reading Cosmos Quest and I didn't pick up on that somehow. I've never flunked English.

Hiatus? I... guess? All three of my quests have slowed down, to be honest, but if I were to put one to one side, it'd be Bad Faith.

12. EvaUnit01

Huh. Just goes to show I'm complete and total crap at understanding what other people mean.

Didn't know there was a third one, or I'd have been checking it out too. Anyway, I read through the entire Cosmos Quest archive thread, now working on the main one.

13. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

Maybe less people are around because it's summer? I did notice that a few people who frequented it at the beginning haven't been around as much.

14. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

In my case I've still got exams going on which makes voting and discussing a tad difficult. Not to mention everything seems to happen while I'm asleep.

15. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Assets FURI FURI

Wrrrry

16. FurikoMaru

[X] It's so loud, inside my head...

You lay down the law. You explain what is expected of Dio as a member of this family and a gentleman pursuing an interest in a young woman. Ignoring the cold, stone fist closing around your heart, you practically order him to do right by Del.

Dio listens attentively, and as you draw to a close, a small smile crosses his face. "It warms my heart to know you care so much for Miss Shannon," he says. Getting to his feet, he takes your hand and pats it tenderly. “You have no cause for worry, Jojo. Everything shall be exactly as you desire. I've already made arrangements to speak to Del's father."

And with a peck on your forehead, he departs.

Oh.

... this is... good, yes?

Yes.

Of course it is. You are Joanna Joestar, and you always get what you want. Everything you ask for.

Everything.

=

Del's mother is not happy to hear she's attracted male interest at such a young age, but Dio charms Mr Shannon so thoroughly that he won't hear a word said against the boy, not even from his wife. The eldest of Del's little brothers is over the moon; he's one of the students Dio's been tutoring and to hear Del tell it he thinks the world of Dio.

The village talks of nothing else for the rest of the summer; you can't count the number of times you pass a stall in the market or enter the lav at school only to hear the telltale sound of gossip screeching to a halt.

The boys are a bit startled to hear that one of their number is walking out with someone already, of course, but one afternoon you see a group of the older ones congratulate Dio heartily and, much to your alarm, drag him into the pub. Fortunately your fears amount to nothing, and you are proud to see Dio emerge as sharp-eyed and clear-headed as ever.

You've never seen Del as happy as she has been the past few weeks, and the hours the two of you share with Dio have lost their awkwardness.

The lovebirds do have a rather annoying tendency to stare into one another's eyes for long stretches of time, but you're sure they'll outgrow such an infantile fascination eventually. At least, you hope so.

=

You're surprised by the size of the mob to see you off at the train station. You expected the headmaster to wish you farewell, of course (and you can see his top hat rising out of the crowd), and for Petula and her friends to send someone to make sure you're actually leaving.

But almost half your class is here. All the girls are, certainly - Del's right at the front with a small parcel in her hands, chatting with Erina Pendleton.

"Del?" you ask, taking Dio's hand as you alight from the carriage. "What is all this?"

"Everyone's come to say goodbye," your friend says, beaming.

"Um, yes," Lizzie Yellowcard pipes up nervously. "How could we let you go all the way to Italy without saying goodbye?"

Erina nods, and grins at you. "We wouldn't want you to forget us while you're off seeing the world."

[X] You are touched.

[X] You are annoyed that you can't have the nice private farewell you were hoping for.

17. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

[X] You are annoyed that you can't have the nice private farewell you were hoping for.
    --[X] A small part of you is touched that at least Erina seems to genuinely care. At least Del is in good hands ... not that Dio's hands aren't good ... where were you going with this again?

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] You are touched

19. Malcolmo

[X] You are touched

20. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] You are touched

21. EvaUnit01

[X] You are touched.
    --[X] While touched that most of your friends and classmates have come to see you off, you cannot seem to find Dio amongst the well-wishers. As much as his absence unsettles you, you have put your faith in him and thus will take your leave for Italy as scheduled.

In other news, I finished reading Phantom Blood and am now starting on Battle Tendency. Joseph... takes a little getting used to, after that manly gentleman we knew as Johnathan...

22. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

[X] You are touched.

23. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

[x] You are touched.

24. FurikoMaru

[X] Proof That Joanna Joestar Has A Heart

"... I couldn't possibly forget," you reply, suddenly painfully aware of your throat. Good lord, are you about to cry? No, that won't do! Composure! You swallow and sniff, and look out at the crowd.

"I can't tell you how grateful I am to see all of you here," you tell them. "Thank you. Thank you so much for-"

You see Robin Rock, a small boy you rescued from a gang of 4th years back in May, perched on the shoulders of his clearly bored older sister Laika. He's waving frantically at you with a grin big enough to split his face.

Oh, no, nonono, why now? Surely you have more self-control than this! Don't be ridiculous, the girls don't even like you! Petula sent most of them, no doubt - there's no true affection to be had here.

I wish Sarah were here.

"-for coming," you manage, blinking furiously.

Dio squeezes your hand ever-so-slightly.

Del has no such restraint; she throws her arms around you, weeping openly, and you cling to her like a drowning woman. Erina beams at both of you.

A murmur goes through the crowd at this display, and there are one or two quickly-stifled giggles. Robin Rock applauds, and everyone else takes the cue before they really realize what they're doing.

"So much for the Iron Maiden," you hear someone say quietly, but you can't be sure who.

"Promise you'll write every week," Del sobs.

"I promise," you say, still fighting the tears. "I'll send you enough postcards and letters to paper every wall of your bedroom - I'll send you Italy in every envelope!"

The train blows its whistle, and Father looks at his watch. Cutting short his conversation with your headmaster (not anymore), he nods to you, and offers you his hand.

[X] Say goodbye to Dio and Erina.

[X] Say goodbye to Erina and hug Dio; you won't see him again until Christmas, after all.

-----

Keep reading Battle Tendency, Eva. I promise you, Joseph is North America's favourite Jojo for a reason.

25. Grahf

Grahf Making the rounds.

26. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[X] Say goodbye to Erina and hug Dio; you won't see him again until Christmas, after all.

27. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

[X] Say goodbye to Dio and Erina and hug Del as if you want to break her spine after all she is your oldest and best.... Friend

28. EvaUnit01

[X] Say goodbye to Dio and Erina and hug Del as if you want to break her spine after all she is your oldest and best.... Friend.

29. Malcolmo

30. Tackyseven

Tackyseven I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Say goodbye to Dio and Erina and hug Del as if you want to break her spine after all she is your oldest and best.... Friend