1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Only Winning Move Is Overwhelming Firepower [PA Multicross SI]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TCGM, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

Thank you for not desmissing my admitedly overblown response as just a butthurt NasuOtaku.

Just to end any descussion before it starts where it shouldn't, here's what i found out about Zel's personality,:

He's a guy that laughs at Good and Rages at evil;
    In his most basic, you could equate his personality as a union of the moral leanings and actions of one Jotaro Kujo and the ingenuity of his grandfather, Joseph Joestar.

2. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

Okay, he wanted money so the thing the president requests is:"give us a ton of money!" Whut?

It turned the "Turn my resources into liquid" to "Create three hundred times the liquid." I mean, the US will probably handle negotiating with other countries to get the projects needed, but it's certainly more work than just negotiating and doing one project herself. I mean, it's less "gimme money and I do you a favor" and more "Wring my altruism for money for no reason and keep all the profit for yourself."

That he gets a large swathe of territory and citizens out of it is kinda pointless. He could do better by building a continent in the Pacific and accepting UFO cultist immigrants. Or calling himself Ron and manufacturing Xenu's corpse, claiming to have fully freed himself from matter attachment. I mean, now that I think about it, since he's the writer that is LITERALLY TRUE. If you wake up in your own overpowered self insert story and notice that you're the writer and God of the world you're in, you've done what Scientology is all about... OH MY GOD! All of the overpowered SI writers are Scientologists... AND I NEVER NOTICED! Heck, it's in the name: Science of the Logos, the study of how to make your words come to life.

AlexA4x, Ilikebob, Audhumbla and 2 others like this.
  3. Swiftwolfbeta

Swiftwolfbeta Versed in the lewd.

Is a robot super ai ask for loans instead of playing stock market.....

4. SystemSearcher

SystemSearcher "I fought the door and the door won"

The answer to that question is best summarized in this simple comic.
    [​IMG]

AlexA4x, Ilikebob, Grimrr and 2 others like this.
  5. TCGM

TCGM (Unverified God/Space Snek)

The only point of power in that situation is power itself, and that's boring. Power for trolling's sake is the true end goal of all living things.

HAH! Do I get honorary British points now?

Thanks!

Yeah, haven't seen it done before. I figured, why not?

ZELTROLLTCH IS LOVE, ZELTROLLTCH IS LIFE

Also, let's be fair to Zeltrolltch. He's way better than Q. Q is a dick for no other reason than being a dick.

Explaining and discussion is always good, no matter the topic. It allows other viewpoints into our bubbles.

Well you're not just a butthurt Nasutaku :p

Laughs at good and rages at evil is basically the creed of proper Trolly Trolls, man.

Kate is smart, and so am I. The difference is, she's far more clever than I or my SIs normally are. She's leveraging the first contact to quantum leap her country forwards. She is also fulfilling his request for money by giving him a lot more money, on top of screwing with him, in the form of people and a country he's responsible for. She's also anchoring America to Planetcaller in a gigantic way, and that's a two way street. I know this, she knows this. Due to how she's enlisting Planetcaller's aid, there would be very few people against helping out Planetcaller on the world stage. She's basically offering up America and its worldwide diplomatic might as Planetcaller's buddies, an incredibly important thing to do with a foreign entity. It gives him legitimacy on the planet, and creates a grateful populace.

I'm writing Kate as she was shown in Who. As close as I can.

Also, I never thought of it that way, but... damn you for putting this in my head xD

Scientologists, ffs >_<

Just because Planetcaller has the technology with which to absolutely murder the stock market, doesn't mean I know how to. This is another place where I'm subverting tropes. You can't always get perfect alien tech-tier connection to the Internet, and just because you're a super AI that doesn't mean you personally have the skill or knowledge to play the stock market.

Yep, this basically.

AlexA4x, Ilikebob, alanzilla and 2 others like this.
  6. ThedudeManBro

Yeah, but fanfic writers nowadays reduced what is one of the most badass Neutral Good Characters in Nasuverse into a Deus Ex Machina for Xcross madness.

Now that would be OK, for example, there is a cross DxD fic on FF about a Roman gladiator that through sheer gumption and wiles was able to harness the last of Gaia's "mindless" and "formless" Natural Disasters (basically a guided Cataclysm) into a Human shaped being two steps below a Nature spirit with his conciousness.
    The Gladiator went on to wander (his origin is Wanderer) about the Earth for years.
    Timeskip, he befriends and gets recruited by Zel (who despite loving a trick or two, is not going around throwing Shirou's at dimensions, but has a 24/7 job of kicking Outsider's out of his lawn)
    Now, with the help of 3 grand servants bound to him (Scatach, Altera, NotaAsshole!Gil), the four of them are interdimensional troubleshooters, and are now in a dimension where Trihexa is in danger of getting out and rampage through dimensions.

But, shameless plug aside, Fanfic writers now just have him as a less malicious, but still "entertain me mortal" 1D excuse of a character.

And that's what Grinds My Gears!
    He's is own fuckin bad cliche of the ROB that ruins a guy/gal's life for the LULZ!!1! When he's the guy closest to a "Hero of Justice" Fate has!

7. kaazmiz

kaazmiz Waiting for an Issekai Adventure

Regardless of who you think someone is, what you know of them, people tend to be viewed and remembered for something they did in their lives.
    And for Zel... well, that's the Kaleidosticks.
    You can be the guardian of humanity throughout time. Punch gods in the face ,and laugh in the face of the end of everything. But what he gets to be most recognized for, are two colorful magical girl sticks.
    And his entire personality will be from now on viewed, through the colorful lens of a humanoid Kyuubei with a trolling streak dimensions wide.

It's an economic issue.
    The state doesn't physically have that much money to begin with. Tax money comes in all the time, and is immediately spent on everything to keep a country running. Much more so that US doesn't back its cash with anything.
    So in order to actually give him his cash they need to print it, or input more zeros in a banks virtual account.
    But the sudden appearance of so much cash in rotation would cause the market to crumble, globally- other nations base their moneys value on the US dollar... that isn't backed by anything.

SI can't sell minerals without crashing the market, but if instead gives the US hard matter, like Gold, Silver, Platinum, or processed Uranium, this can all be used to show the world that the US dollar is backed by something tangible and trade-able, and of practical worth.
    So if the US decides to print cash, they can use the "we had it backed always!" card, and get away with it without affecting the market.

Ilikebob, adaw and ThedudeManBro like this.
  8. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

I understand that. Money is worth what it can buy and when you create and sell valuable things in a country you raise the value of that country's currency, enabling that country to print more cash. If PC created a billion cancer cures and sold them for a hundred bucks a pop the US could print a hundred extra billion dollars, because everyone on the world would want dollars to buy cancer cures with.

When PC said "gimme cash" he meant "Let me do some great public work, creating value in the US that would enable you to print more cash. Then give me that." And the president's counteroffer was "How about instead you do hundreds of great public works like that and we pay you with something that you don't need and that will only bring you trouble."

EDIT: About Zelretch. Uh, why does nobody go my route for ROBs? (Note that I haven't read any canon Zelretch dialogue.) Zelretch could reappear a while in and look what happened. The SI goes: "Whut? Weren't you watching for the lulz?" and Zel is like "What? Good grace man, do you think I do this for FUN? This and that and tis character was going to die, the Death Star blowing up/the Windstone crisis was fated to kill millions! I put you here because this world needed a Hero and you, with your near encyclopedic knowledge of what was bound to happen were it. Do you think the Wizard Marshal some asinine prankster? I manage thousands of people like you at a time and I have saved more people than there are atoms in a galaxy! Now worm, say your goodbyes, this was easy mode, next is a RWBY AU were Ruby watched Yang die and you need to fix everything that went wrong as a consequence. Hop to it, I have other's to help, there are countless billions of people dying while you pick up your Jaw from the floor."

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    AlexA4x, Ilikebob and Audhumbla like this.
  9. adaw

adaw furry dweeb

That, also sounds like a destabilization issue. The U.S. economy will become immensely more powerful, which translates to the U.S. government becoming immensely more powerful. What will the Russian Federation do with a corrupt scumbag like Vladmir Putin in office? What will U.S. longtime allies do now that the U.S. just skyrocketed ahead in economic power?

10. IsaacTheAutobot1229

IsaacTheAutobot1229 Not too sore, are you?

Can I have a link for that fic please?

11. ThedudeManBro

Someone better thank me with a good Zel Characterization, because GOOD GOD that was hard to find.
    Here:

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12761299/1/Death-s-Heroes

This fic shows a Wizard Marshall that, although he likes to play around, does other things than "troll" people.

There's Also a FIC with a serious Zel with an SI!Shinji trying to reddeem his future deeds, wanna link?

IsaacTheAutobot1229 likes this.
  12. Weeb Anime

Weeb Anime Kaleidoscope ∞

M
    Me too the serious one.

13. ThedudeManBro

Here.
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/13274352/1/Crawl-like-a-Worm

Story focused on SI!Shinji, but the parts that the man so badass that becoming a Dead Apostle was a downgrade for him is in shows abit what the Wizard Marshall can truly be, out of the LOLTROLL rails fanfics put him in.

14. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

So far I love it!
    Please continue!

15. IsaacTheAutobot1229

IsaacTheAutobot1229 Not too sore, are you?

Thank you for that. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my notifications were backlogged to heck and back.

ThedudeManBro likes this.
  16. Weeb Anime

Weeb Anime Kaleidoscope ∞

Thank you for the link. I'll binge it when I have some spare time

caspian1a likes this.
  17. Threadmarks: Chapter 11 - Coronation
    TCGM

The Only Winning Move Is Overwhelming Firepower
    Chapter 11
    Coronation
    I hover over San Francisco, thinking.

About three miles above the Golden Gate Bridge, actually. Needless to say the entire world is aware of where I am now.

Kate is competent. And, as I'm now fully convinced, evil and sadistic.

She refused precious metals, diamonds, gems, hell, even antimatter.

I offered to give her an entire gram of antimatter… and she only considered it for a few moments.

No, instead of accepting rare material payment, you know what she wants?

My unique ability to manipulate the world on a grand scale.

Every dam, every road, every highway, hell, every old building that wasn't historical, she asked me to repair. Not just repair, but upgrade.

The upgrade only came after I revealed that most forms of matter were just as easy for me to make as any other forms. The only things that changed were the time required, and the energy needed.

I am also being hired to lay a full coast to coast Internet system of complete and total fiber cabling and whatever improvements I can make to Earth's network technology.

I was stunned at that, especially because I knew America's energy generation wasn't up to the level needed to power such a thing even with the current tech, much less what plans I've already started designing for the upgrades.

So she struck another deal. At that point I was just amused, and going along for the ride.

A billion dollars per fusion reactor.

And she'd ordered ten thousand of them.

Holy shit, that woman.

I was too stunned to say no, even if I had that inclination. The woman is trying to make her nation a better place, and is the first politician of real, tangible power I've ever been exposed to that is trying, much less on the path to actual success.

I asked her how all this was going to help with the national debt problem.

Apparently due to how much I was saving the nation both in one shot and annually not only offset the loss of California, but also allowed them to start working off the debt over time.

You know, with a side effect of not destroying the world economy.

Hey, overwhelming firepower is my thing, not macroeconomics.

So I said yes. To all of her requests.

In return, I got a country, made up of some of the most economically powerful and forward thinking states in the Union.

The deals passed the closed sessions of Congress, both Federal and State for the states in concern, so fast I hadn't even left the White House before one of my dick victim Secret Service agents came up to me and politely asked me to go back to the Oval Office.

Very politely.

And she totally didn't shiver in fear when I tossed a shit eating grin her way.

No, really though. She didn't. Balls of steel.

Kate, beaming, told me that it was passed. She let me watch as she signed the papers on her desk.

I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.

I mean, sure, maybe political tensions had escalated in the few years this timeline was further than my original one. Maybe the most progressive states wanted out, and definitely the regressive ones would help get them out in order to shift the entire country’s Overton Window even more right…

But, really? Really, guys? Whatever happened to States being unable to secede?

...Though I guess this isn’t really secession, now is it. Hm...

And just like that, I’m the future ruler of a new country, American in all but government… and on the hook for what must be the most ambitious logistics projects in history.

All that is waiting on is for me to fly down there and meet the governmental leaders of my new nation's… hell, what am I going to call them? I'm just going with States to avoid confusion.

And what am I going to call the country?

Kate was entirely unapologetic when I realized how much responsibility I now have. Thus my new opinion of the crafty woman.

I don't think she was acting at all on Doctor Who. Maybe in my source universe, but here? She's gods damned Kate Lethbridge-Stewart.

In revenge, I neglected to correct her on just what exactly self replicating nanotechnology with access to Ex Nihilo matter and energy generation is capable of.

She thinks these projects are going to take a long time.

I'm thinking a week.

And that's without gray going the country.

Oh well. One good thing about this is that I hold extreme dominion over Bethesda due to exactly which state they're incorporated in, so my original goal has been met. Sort of.

I just have to buy them now.

But before all that…

I hold my hand up above my head, linking a few nanites together into something that approximates a high definition cell phone camera. Of course by high definition I mean 16k resolution, in a file size less than the best 4k compression this Earth has can accomplish, with more detail. Because adhering to what humanity knew of digital imagery is for chumps.

I snap a picture of me standing on air high above the Golden Gate Bridge, caption it, and toss it on… hmm, I'm thinking Twitter.

'Felt cute, might declare a new nation state l8r idk…'

Let the Internet chew on that one for a while. I have governors and congresses to meet.

You have gotta be shitting me.

Sacramento is the capital of California. It's also the capital city closest to where I told everyone in my new country I'd show up (San Francisco), so it seems they all flew down here.

And I do mean all of them.

The nearby airport is packed with what seems to be wing to wing private jets.

The gods damned roads from the airport are even blocked off! There are dozens of stretch limos! There are rivers of people on the sides!!!

{Being nervous on the eve of taking a seat of power is understanda-}

SHUT UP I'M NOT NERVOUS YOU CAN'T PROVE IT!

{...Sure.}

SCREW YOU WRITER ME, THIS IS YOUR FAULT ANYWAYS!

I hear a cheering roar from the crowd below me and look down at what my sensors say is literal hundreds of thousands of people.

Only about two and a half, but still.

...They're waving upwards.

Why are they doing that?

Oh, right. Me.

Shit.

They've seen me.

I plaster a hesitant smile on my face and wave back down at them.

I'm at least a mile up, but that doesn't seem to matter. They must be zooming in with their phones or something.

The cheering only escalates.

Welp. Guess I'm going down.

I begin to allow myself to fall towards the ground and the crowds, my nerves rapid firing the whole time.

Look, I'm good with people. Lots of people, even. I don't really get stage fright.

But this is hundreds of thousands of people!

Coming to see me!

Oh gods oh gods oh gods oh gods why am I DOING this?!

They have a stage.

Of course they have a stage.

This is looking way less like a political thing and more like a rock concert in the making.

And… something doesn't really add up for me.

Why? Why ...all this?

Why are they so eager for me to do this? I expected at least some protests, but the only thing I can see to that respect is one dude with a picket sign blaming me for not taking over sooner.

What. The shit.

And they're all waiting for me to say something, too. The governors on stage, the audience, the bodyguards.

Right. I'm a Clarketech alien taking over a few states to make a brand new country. Totally normal.

I just need to be cool and mysterious.

Both my hands go in my pockets, I shrug my shoulders, and walk up on to the stage. "Sup?" I ask.

The various governors and the few Congress members on the stage all start talking, and I settle in for a gauntlet.

18. Breadward

Breadward Capitan

I'm now half expecting a madman/(woman?) in a blue box to show up and try and find out how future tech arrived on 21st century earth without any timey -wimey stuff showing up.

19. PaiRho

PaiRho I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's about time someone in these kinda fics, Grabbed the options presented and used them to help the world. All so the one who might end up pres after her is freaking morgan freemen... Or given your luck his white suit version on a vacation.

TCGM and kaazmiz like this.
  20. Miestwin

Funny thing you said this, because according to political statistics from the last ~20 years, right moved barely at all, while most of the left went to the far side of the spectrum.
    And if by being progressive you mean cheering on 10yo drag queen dancing on stripper poles for adult man in a stripper bar, declaring the words "illegal alien" are racist, borders should be erased and everyone should be let in and get free healthcare, and saying that tens of thousands of homeless druggies littering the streets of San Francisco with shit and used syringes is perfectly normal, then I guess the right side of the USA would want that left away.

Also, knowing their mentality, first things those people would ask that SI is "is that your natural form? If not, why are you white? Such racism!", "Are you gay? If not, why are you such a homophobe?!" and finally "Can we have communism now?"

That rant away, good chapter.
    Now only wait for the USA to declare war on anyone they don't like. With infrastructure like that solely for themselves, they can afford that.

21. kaazmiz

USA just gave away a quarter of its population, 3 or 4 highly critical presses for making jet airplane frames, one of 3 large shipyards, and the only dock on the entire west coast that can fix carriers.
    And that's on top of giving away 2 of the largest factories that produce jet turbines, used for both ships and planes.
    This effectively defanged the country so much, that if it wasn't a crack fic poor little Kate would be begging her SS to just kill her before the angry mob gets her.
    Forget war- this fic's USA just got degraded to a local power status, and no amount of miracles will make up the loss.

I find rants against communism quite funny in fic's that present PA ,SC ,or other settings with nano-fabrication and zero-point energy sources- since they in themselves represent the holy grail of that political and economical concept.

22. Miestwin

But the thing is THEY don't have it. Only SI does, and I doubt he will just give them nano forges like that, so they can do nothing but smoke weed and virtue signal all day.

Least Devotee likes this.
  23. kaazmiz

But they do get free energy.
    That's 10% costs in fuel for transportation and 60% costs of energy generation to make a product- so suddenly they find themselves in a situation where everything will cost roughly 70% less.

If you use the average house price as an example- 188.900, that's means it's building price would plummet down to 56.670 in materials and transportation. It's not free for everyone, but its now only a few years of saving up instead of an endless mortgage till death.
    And since everything else is cheaper as well, it means you can afford that house even faster.

24. Ryven Razgriz

Ryven Razgriz Not too sore, are you?

Egads Commander, you have AI-tech, make the AI do all the work.

Ilikebob, Zhen_Electric and TCGM like this.
  25. TCGM

Given what's happened so far, this is not out of the possibilities.

I'm not the first to do this, other PASIs have done it before me. Probably the only one who does it explicitly for trolling purposes, though.

As for Morgan Freeman... ;)

Dude, I don't know if you've read my other works, but I will say that if this is what you truly believe then my worlds and my writing are not going to go easy on your worldview. I won't tell you to go away and stop reading, anyone can read my stuff if they so choose, but I will say that this is pretty much your only warning before it begins escalating into a progressive utopian future hard.

Thank you for providing good feedback too.

As for the USA declaring war on people; even if Kate Lethbridge-Stewart was a character inclined to that (she very much is not), the alien who only sees nationalities as a cultural thing next door might have something rather unkind to say about them doing so using the tools he gave them.

They did, but they also got the fastest communications network on the planet, nationwide infrastructure upgrades from an alien, and more fusion reactors than you need to power the entire world about 10 times over. That's more than worth it, especially since both Kate and Planetcaller were nebulous about how close the ties to the U.S. would remain (hint: it's very, very close.)

Eh, I'm sure the U.S. can just commission ships from Planetcaller if they really need more. Keep in mind what he told Kate his capabilities were. This woman plans very long term, and she thinks globally first. See her first request.

As for an angry mob; The U.S. has been shown that they are not remotely top dog anymore with Planetcaller's arrival. Not only did Kate get the very fucking scary alien to do some neat deals for what amounts to essentially free (barring some states being pseudo-removed from the U.S, and generally those states being ones that the people who'd take issue with Kate's actions detest), those deals will significantly increase literally every single American's quality of life. Mobs start when the public is pressed, not when they're happy, and Kate knows this.

And rants against communism are indeed hilarious. But they're also right. Communism is not socialism, though, despite what Cold War propaganda has lead people to believe. Communism is a cancerous tumor of authoritarianism built on top of, and corrupting, socialism. It is the same as oligarchy is to capitalism. Turns out if you add authoritarianism to something without benevolence, it turns bad.

Hoo buddy, do I have news for you. FLAGSS is, like, bare minimum for where we're going.

That's Full Luxury Automated Grand Star Socialism, for reference.

This is a very good point. Every advancement Planetcaller brings decimates the status quo. Energy alone already drops production costs of pretty much everything but at the least 70%, and has further knockon domino effects that accelerate progress by default. Keep in mind that Planetcaller has exactly zero production costs, and has no need to charge for his energy provision. He also has the technology to just flat out sideswipe utility companies like they no longer exist. And strictly speaking, I as a person have absolutely no problems doing so.

Again, that's just with energy production.

Sshhh Planetcaller will think of it eventually :p

Also, hello fellow Commander! o/

But no really, there's a reason he doesn't do this out the gate. Hearts and minds. It is better to be loved than feared, and uprooting a system of government in its entirety is a very quick way to get the latter. Not to mention that while I could create an AI that could learn governance, it's much easier to just... not. AIs for administration? Sure. But, at least for now, leave the people who were elected in charge as much as possible to ease transition.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  26. adaw

adaw furry dweeb

Someone needs to hit you with a rolled up newspaper.

TCGM likes this.
  27. kaazmiz

Mmm. Just that every single commander there never actually shares their full tech base with his supposed allies and nation members. They always remain in control of means that could allow them to forcefully coerce anyone to obey.
    This makes them communist, not socialist. For they are the true power enforcing their will on others.
    And while some might say (and rightfully) that maintaining an edge is only smart and sensible. That edge decides whether you are an authoritarian government (if benevolent) or a true socialist state.

Yes. She plays long term -disregarding the short term consequences as irrelevant to the "greater long term good and prosperity".
    Lets just buy or ask for ships from Planetcaller!
    But what of the shipwrights that form the steel and assemble it? What of the dockworkers that equip the ship for combat? The forge workers that make the very steel needed in the ships construction that isn't used in civilian ships? What of the miners and train and truck drivers that dig out the various minerals needed to form those unique steels and transport them all.
    And the same goes for everything involved with equipping those ships with weapons/electronics/furnishings.
    That single decision effectively makes it free for the state. But it also shoots some 50 thousand peoples livelihoods in the foot, and collapses a multi-billion industry with one signature.

And this applies to everything.
    So that's why I said "If it weren't a crack fic"- because if the mob didn't form itself, then it would be sponsored by an equally large mob of angry CEO's and shareholders.
    And that's before we get into the inevitable embargo konga the US is likely to experience if they dare sell even one item cheaper aboard than their competitors thanks to their newfound cheap electricity. Or China calling in US debt at this specific moment of uncertainty to completely destabilize it before the Dollar looses its value, and their loose out their investment.

If taken seriously, Kate created a perpetually escalating situation that only Planetcaller can solve with his technology. Essentially giving out his knowledge for free- to fix the issues that technology created. Again, and again- and again.
    Till he has nothing left but to either play the benevolent authoritarian card, fold and submit to any demands she or her successor will make, or leave.
    That means that yes. Kate just played the ultra advanced alien around her finger, proving shes the worlds best politician, and incidentally outsmarted the (basically magic) AI that should have seen all of this coming and planed around it the second the proposition left her mouth.

But that's only if we take this fic seriously and realistically.

adaw and CmirDarthanna like this.
  28. adaw

adaw furry dweeb

SI isn't very smart to begin with. He's more of an idiot savant than he is "ultra-intelligent von neuman warmachine".

kaazmiz, Ilikebob and TCGM like this.
  29. TCGM

️EDIT: Apparently Unicode emoji don't work. Was a newspaper emoji. Have the image instead.

[​IMG]

True, I guess under that definition it's communism... but that's pretty distasteful to me. Dictatorship (as long as it's benevolent) is less so, might just use that word instead.

Amusing of you to assume anyone will even need to work after Planetcaller, an SI of me, a Trek fan, is finished with this planet.

As for Kate; that is how her character behaves. I'm only paying tribute to her Doctor Who representation. She's not perfect and absolutely has flaws. Case, point.

Generally I give little to no shits about shareholders and CEOs, or even government heads, myself, much less my SI with the ability to tell them to fuck off, so... yeah. I'm also trying to keep this only lightly political instead of, well... Planetcaller would be taking some other, much more decisive action to prevent mobs from propaganda and butthurt rich people if this wasn't a crackfic.

Kate playing the ultra advanced alien around her finger is literally what she does. The Doctor is far smarter and cleverer than I.

See above about taking this too seriously. Also, don't take my stories too seriously, it'll hurt your brain :p

Oof. Harsh, but accurate if I'm being careless. Nanite body and absolutely no threats in the entire world? Yeah, I'd be careless.

Ilikebob and adaw like this.
  30. adaw

adaw furry dweeb

kek, "why use my brain if there is nuthin to use my brain on?"

kaazmiz, Ilikebob and TCGM like this.