1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. llat-2

llat-2 Verified Smooth Criminal

Arguing with a superior while on the job?
    Why should your enemy listen to you?
    Ninja assassinate, gather information, steal, spy and lie...
    Perpetuating the cycle of hatred...
    Not very ninja like if they did that Naruto.

This Naruto is someone I want to see taken down a few pegs.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Rechte, Krazyfan1 and Fulcon like this.
  2. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

You're giving him the Rinnegan aren't you... FUCK YES!

Fulcon likes this.
  3. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

Indeed Ninja prefer NOT to fight. The best mission is the one where nobody even knows anything HAPPENED. Failing that the best mission is the one where nobody knows you were there. Failing THAT that nobody knows YOU did the thing. Failing that they knew, but didn't manage to provide credible resistance. Finally, credible resistance, but still win. Then come the wide variety of partial success/failure states.

Fulcon, infinityDivided and llat-2 like this.
  4. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

More like bantering, but I guess.

Because there's more of him. :p

It was my little jab at the Shonen manga and how little spying and espionage there was...at least, as far as I remember. The only real infiltration that I can recall is Orochimaru and Kabuto's infiltration of Leaf to start the invasion.

...I think I need to stop poking fun and just write my story.

Again, poking fun at Shonen manga.

Hm. Thank you for letting me know.

Maaaaaayyyyyybe...

*nods nods*

This is all true.

I'm just trying to reconcile Naruto to the fact that he's not in a Shonen Manga...but poking fun at it.

5. Galacticplumber

There is other infiltration. Root does it all the time. It's just.... you know.... all evil and shit? But yeah, masks at all times, no permanent identity or marks for even village affiliation in the standard uniform, all missions subterfuge/deception/assassination, and even die/self-sacrifice for missions. It takes it even further than actual ninja did. No permanent identity refers to more than how they're SEEN. Actually the scariest thing in Naruto until you learn how Zetsu are made. Now THAT is some high tier nightmare fuel.

Fulcon likes this.
  6. Fulcon

Right. Proper Ninja stand out in the open battlefields in bright colors and fight as standard armies./s

EDIT: Added the /s and changed a word.

Rechte likes this.
  7. RichardWhereat

He's a 12 year old shinobi in a world where ninja are battle wizards, not in our world where they're just spies and assassins. Think about that, you want to take a 12 year old down a peg or two.

He was likely raised on stories of legendary fights like the ones of Hashirama and Madara, where they fought face to face. Constantly.

Fulcon, the four biggest power ups I can imagine for Naruto are..
    • Instant Regeneration: Instant Regen could come from Hashirama cells. It would be pretty disgusting to desecrate the first Hokages body to give him Hashirama cells though, especially when Daisuke is powerful and intelligent enough to give the guy a medical upgrade which could do the instant regen. That said, Tsunade didn't have any problems making Naruto a prosthetic from his cells which gave him the upgrade, so it could be done without raiding his corpse, I guess.
    • Wood Release: Wood Release could come from a discussion with Hagaromo, giving Naruto the Sage of Six Paths Chakra. Or from a DNA transplant.
    • Yin Kurama: You've given him the other half of Kurama, so that's sorted.
    • Rinnegan: The Rinnegan is an easy one. Just giving him a DNA transplant of Itachi Uchiha who has the Mangekyo, and then Sasukes Mangekyo would give him Eternal Mangekyo. That would instantly upgrade to Rinnegan on its own, since it would be a combination of both of Hagaromos sons chakra.

Also, Bright Orange does work for Ninja, because most of the time Ninja being Ninja against people are in cities, and who'd suspect a guy in bright orange of being a Ninja? Dreaming of Sunshine wrote that well.

Fulcon, Krazyfan1 and llat-2 like this.
  8. llat-2

The kid is thinking he can just challenge someone who took his Kage (Daisuke) down despite being only 12 years old. The Naruto in this story is not accurately assessing his abilities in comparison to the opponent he seeks to challenge. Thinking he can beat Daisuke who he witnessed beat a Hokage... What can I call that except disrespectful? Disrespectful to both Hiruzen who earned his strength with time, blood, sweat and tears as well as to the game system Daisuke is hooked up to. Sometimes a kid just needs discipline.

I was trying for a joke with that post though. Naruto in this fic might become a villain if he is unable to see both sides of a story. Remember that the child of the prophesy can save or destroy the world.

edit: Come to think of it they are considered as adults when they graduate ninja academy...

Fulcon and Krazyfan1 like this.
  9. RichardWhereat

Adults when they graduate is fanon.

Did Naruto say that fighting Daisuke would provide Daisuke with a challenge, or that he could beat some sense into him? Because Naruto seems to be operating on intuition there, and his intuition isn't wrong. Everyone telling him no is humourous lampshading of talk no jutsu, that Natuto uses regularly against more powerful characters, to amazing effect.

Fulcon and llat-2 like this.
  10. Galacticplumber

In order to successfully do that he needs to be able to hold combat long enough to speak. In his proposed battle, the power gap is wider than it would be if him pre-shadow clones challenged Madara to a one on one fight. Further, every single one of his diplomatic victories required him to discover increasingly complex philosophical contradictions in his opponents, and he has had NO PRACTICE. It was also shown in canon that he could absolutely fail. Like how he completely failed to properly connect with Sasuke for most of the series, or when he was basically useless in the rescue Gaara mission where Sakura of all people did the real work.

Naruto talking shown nowhere near infallible, and as previously covered this Naruto is less skilled too due to having formative experiences deliberately prevented.

11. RichardWhereat

Yes. They are. They're also living in a military dictatorship, and I never denied they're doing child labour.

He's fighting his best friend in this battle. His friend wouldn't fight as if he were fighting ANBU with intent to incapacitate, but to give his friend a chance to show his skills. He's also well aware of the talk-no-jutsu phenomenon, and would likely be interested in hearing what Naruto has to say, even if he disagreed with it.

Social dynamics also play a part in versus match ups. And then there's the psychology of the characters, as to whether either of them would seek to do everything in their power to end a fight immediately. Neither character would want that.

12. Galacticplumber

And the other half of the problem where Naruto has no diplomatic practice, is facing a much more complex problem, has openly stated he plans to do more talking than listening which was how every single one of his canon failures happened, and is dealing with an opponent who is significantly more self aware than literally any of his canon talk victims? It's not gonna happen. Not now. Not like this.

I allow for the possibility that I'm wrong, but predictions rarely mean anything if they don't exclude any scenarios.

13. RichardWhereat

Naruto in canon had no diplomatic practice. What he had was guts, honesty, and hope. The central theme of the show, is Hope. He doesn't need diplomatic practice to talk to his best friend and brother.

Yeah, he'll likely fail at stopping Daisuke, but he'll succeed in getting him to the table to talk the ideas through. Daisuke is a god now, he has time.

Fulcon likes this.
  14. Galacticplumber

Sure he did. He had a neatly ordered succession of increasingly complex and hostile ideologies to work through. Just like he had a succession of increasingly powerful and versatile enemies to fight. Persuasion isn't just some random thing you tack onto a growing character. It's a skill that builds with time.

Canon Naruto's first debate opponent folded to him shouting "NUH UH" at the top of his lungs in response to them saying something disagreeable. His first in this work won't.

Fulcon likes this.
  15. RichardWhereat

Canon Naruto never had constant discussions with someone as intelligent as Daisuke. I don't doubt that his ability to discuss things are a bit better than they were in canon. Also, Naruto has a much easier time of it than those around him would think. You see, Daisuke knows he's been pardoned, and is willing to talk with him. Teams 7 and 13 aren't aware of this. All Naruto really needs to do is demand that his mate listen, and boom, he'll be instantly up for listening, because that's something he already wants to do.

Fulcon likes this.
  16. Galacticplumber

Really? You don't? I do. Like, by a wide margin. Every possible cue is being given to show the boy failing miserably should he try at any point before multiple arcs of character development. We've both stated expectations. Now all that remains is to stop talking in circles, and wait to see which of our mutually exclusive predictions more closely matches reality.

Fulcon likes this.
  17. Krazyfan1

Krazyfan1 Versed in the lewd.

And then Sasuke or someone else Body switches with Naruto at the last second....

Either they get hit with half of Kurama, or the Penguins are skilled enough to stop right before impact and then hit Naruto with it anyway

RichardWhereat and Fulcon like this.
  18. Galacticplumber

But we already HAD the mass Uchiha resurrection party! Nobody wants to organize one of those per week.....

Fulcon and RichardWhereat like this.
  19. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

Yeah, I don't think result would be good. And even if it more or less succeeds, I suspect chakra poisoning would do the job instead. Kyuubi chakra is supposed to be a very poisonous thing, so Sasuke wouldn't take it well. Kyuubi Jinchuuriki pretty much must be Uzumaki in the first place. I guess someone with very strong vitality like Senju could possibly take it. But Uchiha I don't see it.

As mentioned before Naruto is based on old legends like The Tale Of The Gallant Jiraiya which is pretty much origins of The Sannin in manga and it's a japanese legend about Jiraiya himself. And in those legends those 'ninja' are pretty much battle wizards. Naruto has very little common with the ninja we know. There are some examples (like ROOT), but most shinobi are first and foremost direct battle experts, not stealth one. Although there are really good stealth characters like Muu, so it's not non-existent.

While those are most obvious, but I think it would be interesting to see something less common. Like for example Naruto with Shikotsumyaku (remember the bone guy called Kimmimaro? This is it) and if it evolves to All-Killing Ash Bones then you have an attack that is strong enough to disintegrate pretty much anything on casting. Scary.

Tenseigan would also be a game changer, but it would be kind of hard to apply here. As it requires Otsotsuki bloodline and Byakugan. Although taking into account how bullshit Daisuke is... some instant genetic code swap is something I suspect he could do.

Orange can be in fact a camouflage color. Tigers are obvious first option, although in this case stripes help out a lot. But color orange works well to hide in high grass and deserts. Also Dingo Dogs from Australia are orange. Or you know very obvious predators which also prefer to attack from the stealth like foxes ;). So yeah, orange in fact is a color which shows up pretty often in nature and many species which prefer to attack from stealth use it. Most common is as mentioned in high grass/desert environments.

I would say that this Naruto is simply not experienced enough to really pull off 'Talk-No-Jutsu'. He misses lots of important experience to really UNDERSTAND people on some instinctual level. He already missed possibly one of the most important lessons from Haku. I have a feeling that he will be less effective in this story with it or it will be very different 'talk-no-jutsu' type, something more logical then instinctual?

20. RichardWhereat

I'm not sure that Naruto and the All Killing Ash Bones technique would really work well together. Powerful as hell, aye, but not so much his theme. Otherwise Dust Release would probably be a good upgrade too. It's one of the ultra rare bloodlimits that can be taught. The Third Earth Shadow learnt it from the Second, implying you don't need to be born with it.

Oh absolutely, but when the Rinnegan is much easier to implement, and it's something that Daisuke might know about, maybe, I can't remember, then that'd be more likely. That said, Naruto does have the Otsutsuki bloodline, through the Uzumaki, from the Senju, from the Otsutsuki Hagoromo.

Absolutely, but that tends to be more broken up, and muted, than Narutos high vis Orange obsession. Like this motherfucker here.

But he doesn't actually have to succeed. He just has to attempt it, and Daisuke would immediately know what he's trying to do, and he's already willing to talk.

21. Fulcon

I know, I was trying to be really, really sarcastic and coy. :p

22. llat-2

Can Daisuke make a jutsu to force someone into a battle with the darker/lighter aspects in their own heart? What would happen if Daisuke used something like that on Hisako or Niichiren?

Fulcon likes this.
  23. Fulcon

Can he? Yes.

Would he?

I don't think so.

Krazyfan1 and RichardWhereat like this.
  24. Galacticplumber

I don't think that Jutsu would even be complicated to pull. We already have a genjutsu specifically designed to show the victim their worst fear after all.

Krazyfan1 and Fulcon like this.
  25. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

To adapt the words of a halping snake, and a green man

"We believe that we can forcibly integrate them into your conscious mind. In effect, you would constantly experience everything you hate about yourself with exactly the raw emotional intensity that you would as a child." His eyes go wide and he takes a half step back. "The Human mind can only sustain emotional responses for so long. We doubt that it would take you longer thannn.. two hours? To completely overcome your imbalances. And then you wouldn't have to worry about-"

"No. God, no."

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  26. RichardWhereat

:D Took me a moment to recall the origin of that quote.

Fulcon likes this.
  27. Fulcon

Indeed! There's a lot of Genjutsu applications out there that really weren't explored in canon. I blame the Shonen genre, but most (but not all) Genjutsu boils down to nightmarish, psychedelic hallucination.

Where is this quote from?

Krazyfan1 and RichardWhereat like this.
  28. John Sandman

John Sandman Versed in the lewd.

I think its a quote from the story With This Ring by Mr.Zoat talking about forcing a green lantern to overcome a childhood trauma by forcing them to constantly re-live it until they are emotionally numb. The lantern in question decided not to take the offer.

RichardWhereat and Fulcon like this.
  29. Alipheese

Alipheese Not too sore, are you?

Aaaaaaah yes! I recognize it now! It's from that time when the main character is fused with another entity, and ends up referring to themselves as "we" isn't it? Don't wanna be too specific so as not to spoil, but the quote is referring to methods by which a lantern could become enlightened, which would make them a lot stronger. Assuming I am right of course.

30. John Sandman

John Sandman Versed in the lewd.

Yeah its from that whole incident, specifically here.

Back on topic I kinda hope Daisuke doesn't need to show up for naruto next time, I kinda want to see them get the surprise about Daisuke having already moved back in while they were out after they get home.

Fulcon likes this.