1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

No, it isn't.

Prince Charon likes this.
  2. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Buggy123 and Vorian like this.
  3. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

It is sad how much of an explanation that name alone can be for why anything is bad.

Kinda like Constantine himself.

4. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'll have to disagree with your disagreement then.

To possess such an utterly massive ego, that you can insist that the author is wrong about facts that they themselves invented for their work, is impressive.

5. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well, it will be interesting to see what Zoat does here, I know what I'd have done.

Matrix, who merged with Linda Danvers, for those who have never heard of her, was an anti-kryptonian bioweapon created by Lex Luther. Her psychokinesis is powerful enough to knock out a kryptonian, her invisibility hides her even from kryptonian supersenses.

It was just the good, young Lex Luthor who built her to deal with evil Kryptonians in a pocket dimension.

Well, creating an anti-kryptonian bioweapon does sound like the kind of thing that Lex Luthor would do in most dimensions, yes?

Matrix was basically Alex Mercer with psychic powers instead of eating people. Well without a tendency to eat people, a few people got dissolved in Supergirl by the leftover sludge that couldn't fit in Linda Danver's body that held a grudge about the whole being left behind thing.

So I'd make her an escaped Lexcorp project that merged with Linda Danvers, keeping her origin as close as possible without going into the whole pocket dimension.

Cuchulin and RagnarokAscendant like this.
  6. Threadmarks: Angelic (part 14)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

28th January
    13:02 GMT -5

Frederick Danvers lowers his telephone, shaking his head. "She's not picking up."

I nod. I assumed that something was up when I tried to scan for her and found nothing. "When was the last time you spoke to her?"

He hesitates. "Ah… Three.. weeks ago?" He nods. "Yeah, three weeks ago."

With the number of people we've taken into custody far outstripping what the local police station could hold, Tula and Mr Quinn have taken our suspects to the Fort Pickett National Guard base. Artemis and Raquel are out trying to find any of Linda Danvers's friends who might have dodged the police raid while I try to work out what our next substantive step should be.

"Do you have a regular contact schedule..?"

"We… Don't. My daughter and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things." His face tightens. "And it looks like I was right about her friends."

"Now now, Officer Danvers. Don't count your chickens until they're convicted. Mister 'Buzz' might simply have been in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"I doubt that. I told-."

"Orange Lantern?"

I raise my left hand to my ear. "Chief Clayborne. What news?"

"Someone just phoned in to report a 'burning figure' entering the house where we picked up the drug users. I've got a car on the way, but I don't want to send them in if it's the woman who set fire-."

"No, no. Sensible. I'll get over there now."

"You need backup?"

Mr Quinn isn't Nabu, so I don't want to call Tula away because he might well need the help. Raquel isn't fire-proof, Artemis is-. Her skin, anyway. But if they trip over a jizzer while making their rounds I'd rather have them together.

"No, I'll handle this on my own. I'll call you back if I find out anything useful."

"Alright, if you're sure. Good luck."

I lower my hand and nod to Officer Danvers. "Thank you for your help. I'll let you know when I find out where Miss Danvers is."

He.. doesn't really react, then the universe skips as I transition to the house indicated. Police tape flaps across the broken-down door, but otherwise the place appears to be in a reasonable state of repair. Basic scan shows nothing untoward, infrared shows-. That the place should be on fire. But I'm not seeing any flames

I stride up the short path and bang my right fist on the wall. "Hello!"

"Fuck off!"

Voice matches Miss Danvers.

"I'm afraid-" I take a step inside. Opens directly into the lounge, which is an interesting design choice. Can't immediately see her. "-that it's sort of my job-" A few more steps inside. Heat is coming from upstairs. "-to not fuck off in situations like this."

"Well make a fucking exception!"

Empathic vision… Shows a mess. Major recent psychological trauma probably. I stand at the bottom of the stairs, looking up. She's in the master bedroom.

"Miss Danvers-."

"What is your fucking-" Stomping feet as she storms out, thrusting the door open and emerging, glaring, onto the landing. "-problem!"

She spots me, and her face freezes. She's wearing a.. shapeless pullover on top of what is clearly a feminised Superman costume.

"Fuck."

"Miss Danvers, I understand that you're in a spot of bother. I'd like to help."

"You don't know anything. This all happened because of you!"

"What all happened?"

"Everything! I was happy, I had power, then you happen and suddenly everyone's looking for demon magic!"

"Stopping demon magic is usually a good-."

"YeeeaghHHH!"

She throws her head back, eyes squeezed shut as a wave of flame passes over her! Her hair -which was short and brown- becomes long and blonde and her chest grows-.

I intensify my environmental shield as the fire caster appears in Linda Danvers' place. She… Isn't looking at me, but is taking the time to get her breath back.

"Vile and maleficent sinner, what den of vice have you brought me to now?"

"That's a slightly-" Her head jerks up in astonishment. "-grandiose way of describing it-."

"You."

Genuine loathing that time. Not sure why, but it's coming through loud and clear. Disassociate identity combined with physical change isn't unknown in metahumans, but that was a little strange.

"I don't believe that we've met, Miss..?"

"I am Noriel."

"I see. From the costume I assumed that you were going to go with Supergirl."

"No, I am Noriel."

We look at each other for a moment.

"Your voice doesn't sound right and I'm not seeing any wings. Plus you tried to set fire to some police officers and I don't think that an agent of the Silver City would do that."

"I must fight every moment to keep this demon's harlot from directing me. And as for my wings, I lost them when you cut me with your accursed knife!"

"When am I supposed to have done this?"

"When you fled from Karrien Excalibris!"

Did-? "Oh yes, I did hit one of you, didn't I? You should know that Karrien was working with Neron and has been cast down for his transgression. And I'm in the clear as far as the remaining Angel Kings are concerned."

"Why should I believe a single word that flows from your excrement-flecked lips, heretic?"

"Why would I bother lying to you? Excalibris beat me using theurgy. You're here because being stabbed by the Sword of the Fallen removed your arcane abilities. You aren't a threat to me, but it looks like you have useful information and I'd like to trade that for my help."

She glares at me slightly less aggressively.

"I mean, how did you even survive?"

"I did not."

Oh. Yeah, that would make sense.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  7. Nioz

Nioz Know what you're doing yet?

Huh. I would comment about angelic possession and silver city dicks, but this one probably has a legitimate reason for being so fucking angry.

8. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

He should really get in touch with the Silver City and see if he can arrange for some sort of announcement. The whole "heaven denounced Orange Lantern " thing is gonna keep biting him in the butt if they don't officially rescind it.

9. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Cue self-righteous angel fused with unrepentant demon worshiper. Wonder why they went with Superman-chic as a costume? If Noriel is stuck, being put on the Team could be a way to keep an eye on her. Maybe the League could even get Zauriel to act as her minder or something.

10. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Being stabbed to death is usually a good reason to be irritated, by my understanding.

11. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

He's not a heretic though, since he doesn't claim to be a Christian or any other monotheist. He's a Hellenistic pagan. You'd think an angel would be able to get the terms right. ;)

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Must be a lot of people impacted by the whole situation...

An age-old story.

Every time he does that, I picture either the Commander Shephard ear-tap or the Gadget-phone pose (thumb at the ear, pinkie at the mouth, the rest curled in.

In other words, solo mission time.

Well, that was easy...

Language, young lady.

And it all comes together...

And the demon magic thing didn't appear to be a bad thing to you, Miss Danvers?

Huh, like a female Etrigan, minus the literal switching places.

Look again, OL...

Not quite as impressive without the '1.1', narrative voice and different font...

Oh, boy...

You think? This is what happens when you don't research your weapons in intensive detail.

Interesting twist on the Earth Angel Supergirl. And I'm guessing someone else got to corrections before me. Joy of being stuck in a raid online.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. Stsword

Hmm, a walkin situation kind of like comics Hawkgirl perhaps?

Angel dies from Paul going stabbitystabstab, Linda was dying, Noriel makes themselves at home in the body, except oops, the soul wasn't gone completely yet, so now they timeshare in one body.

14. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Hopefully the devout Christians of Earth 16 will be less antagonistic to Paul when there is video evidence of him fighting demons alongside an (former) angel.

15. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

I'm not sure if the angel was fused with a demon worshiper...I'm assuming that this if this is going to be close to the entire Earth Angel stuff, Linda Danvers wasn't actually part of the entire mess that caused everything.

16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Did Paul already forget that the Sword of the Fallen was unable to actually kill things?

DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

This amuses me. You'll find out why in a couple of days.

18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Now I'm really excited for what's gonna happen in a couple of days. What could it be? Anti-OL religious fundamentalists? Praising him as some sort of Prophet? Bringing a new wave of tolerance to Christianity?

19. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Welp, time to make...or remake...another angel!

Alexandercctv and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Buggy123

No, Grayven probably still remembers it just fine. Paul has not found out that the sword's magic is supposed to do that, and to my memory, he is unaware of any instances of that happening aside from the First of the Fallen.

21. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Huh. The sword doesn't kill things. It just reincarnates them..... Back to the non-magical world. As normies... Sorta?
    This one is a voice in someone's head. Eh.

I HEARBY DUB THEEE "REVERSE TRUCK-KUN!" Your loss will forever be mourned!

22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Paul found out about it when he was told about the First returned to life as a human.

23. nic611

nic611 Getting out there.

I think part of his confusion is the fact that Noriel wasn't reincarnated in a new mortal body but instead in the head of a still living person.

24. Buggy123

I don't remember what part that was in, can anyone get us a link to it?

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, it's odd to me too. Presumably there will be a some exposition in the next update explaining why.

26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Paul: "did you die?"
    Noriel: "sadly yes, but I lived!"

27. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

Clearly Reverse Truck-kun isn't perfect.

28. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

So. Not a superman costume. Just a fan t-shirt with a coordinated outfit most likely.

Noriel seems much more obnoxious compared to Matrix.

Prince Charon likes this.
  29. Stsword

I take it you haven't heard of the concept of the walk-in?

Basically it was suggested that instead of waiting to be born to be reincarnated, a spirit will just move in when someone is done with their body, like a spiritual hermit crab kind of thing.

That was the origin of one of the more modern Hawkgirls, she wasn't a reincarnation of the Egyptian superheroine until she committed suicide as a teen and the spirit of Hawkgirl entered her body. Oddly enough, her mind apparently never noticed the difference, so finding out "Oh you aren't you, you died years ago and your great aunt made herself at home in your body" was a bit of a traumatic experience.

Presumably, that would also be how Vandal Savage's nemesis Immortal Man's reincarnation works. He reincarnates when killed, but he doesn't do the "getting born and going through diapers etc" thing, he just becomes a new person immediately.

Considering Linda's origin in the comics was Buzz murdering her with a knife, I'm assuming that is the kind of situation that Zoat is going for.

I might certainly be wrong though.

Bramble Thorn, Cuchulin, Mquz and 4 others like this.
  30. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Monotheists are in many cases not good at acknowledging the validity of others' beliefs, and apparently this includes some DC angels.