1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Into the Fire - Daenerys GOT ASOIAF SI

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by abyss_kaiser, Apr 5, 2019.

1. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Yeah, if his idea gets much accomplished, he'll be feeling it when the wine runs out

2. abyss_kaiser

abyss_kaiser Ruler of the Darkest Depths

well, he could be a bit more aggressive about it. he could send groups of knights into Essos to raid estates known to have dragon eggs, or another group of loyal men. It doesn't have to be above board, as long as eggs get smashed he's happy.
    either way, he wants the eggs gone no matter what, every egg that Kaiserys doesn't have is directly proportional to his kingdom's health in his mind. one less nuke, after all.

Slayer 10321 and DariusXXI like this.
  3. C4d

C4d Know what you're doing yet?

Well Robert will likely get up and start getting his ass into shape again, im pretty sure secretly hes excited that he might get the chance to go out and fight stuff again for real.

And with magic returning to the world this publicly shit is going to go down a lot faster than in the original.

4. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Whatever happened to all the pseudo-feral eggs in the rural (too volcanic for permanent habitation) parts of Dragonstone? Sure, it's been over 150 years since the Dance, but there might be something that the locals never found.

5. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Dragon of Story and Song

So exactly how many stone's carved to look like dragon eggs is he going to end up smashing?

6. MadGreenSon

At least a few clever forgeries, I'm sure. It's a really dumb plan, but Robert is always one to act on his passions, so...

7. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

KhaleeSI could slowly lob intercontinental ballistic rumours Westeros's way. Just stir shit for years and break the Seven Kingdoms apart.

Wait until Cersei has had three children, then spread the rumour that all of them are Jamie's. Back that up with where they can find the evidence, and your knowledge of just how long it has been going on for. Add minor details to back it up, like how their mother found out and split them up, only for them to resume after her death. Jamie joining the Kingsguard partly so he could be close to Cersei when she married Rhaegar. Cersei hearing a prophesy and murdering her friend to ensure her silence. Conflict between the crown, the Stormlands, the kingdom, and the Lannisters.

The fact that the Citadel and maesters have been betraying the Kings for hundreds of years, acting as spies and poisoners. Conflict with the crown and everyone else and the Reach, Hightower, and Oldtown.

The fact that Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other and legitimately wed, and where to find the proof. Conflict between the crown, the Stormlands, and the Starks. Also everyone being pissed at the Starks for starting the last war.

Littlefinger cucking Jon Arryn. Littlefinger's claims to have taken both Tully sister's maidenheads. Lysa being spoiled by Littlefinger, having a pregnancy terminated late, and the risk of infertility from that. Conflict between the crown and the Riverlands. Conflict in the Vale.

Jon Snow being a Targaryen. Also the maester of Castle Black. Might cause a war with the North. Might cause the crown to overstep against the Nights Watch demanding Aemon's death.

The Bolton's are still flaying people. Potential conflict in the North.

The Lannister mines are running dry and Tywin is considering fabricating an excuse to seize the mines of his bannermen.

8. MadGreenSon

You know what I love most about Citadel conspiracy theories? They are like the archetypal conspiracy theory. They require the maesters to be simultaneously extremely powerful, influential, and perfectly secretive and loyal to their order above all else while simultaneously leaking secret info like a sieve so that the people spreading the conspiracy theories can tell about all their misdeeds. It requires them to be simultaneously absolutely competent and absolutely incompetent at conspiring.

9. vighzs

vighzs Not too sore, are you?

Sooooo .........Kaiser if you finished the binge watching of Season 8 I am curius, if in the aftermath you changed some things in your notes regarding the premise of this story?

Apogaeus likes this.
  10. Threadmarks: Chapter 9
    abyss_kaiser

Into the Fire – Daenerys GOT ASOIAF SI

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o—o

I’ve spent most of a year now living in the temple.

Slaves tended to my every need (my unspoken opinion on that was to remain unspoken for a while yet) and I was learning more and more about the geopolitical situation every lesson I had.

I was even starting to learn the fire magics of the Red Priests, among many others who were rediscovering it themselves, amazement was not hard to find amongst people who could barely summon sparks before, even from those who were already powerful suddenly finding themselves able to produce great swaths of flame, so much so that rumor were already beginning to spread.

Currently I was sat with my juvenile dragon during a lesson from one of those self-same fire spewers, a surprisingly bland looking man named Bor, clad in simple red robes yet as he sat before me lotus style a roaring fire was held in his hands.

In fact, he was struggling from just how much fire there was.

Crying out, he splayed his hands apart and frantically tried to dissipate the flames, and without him trying to keep them going they found no fuel to feed them and they faded.

“Are you alright?” I asked, slightly concerned.

He waved a reddened hand, a small line of blood flowing from where he’d cut it beforehand.

“I’ll be fine, it’s not the worst I've had.” He said, even while nursing his hands close to his chest with a twitching mouth.

“It’s not just the outwards magics that have grown powerful Blessed, even the many poultices we have knowledge of have been found to be somewhat more effective than before. With some adjustment, we are able to treat such minor burns easily enough.”

Bor leaned back, then grinned at me.

“As we near the end of your theoretical study I am very excited to see how the fires settle into you my lady, you need not fear the flame, no matter how hot or how fierce.” He seemed to get a distant look in his eyes, and I sighed.

“Go get yourself treated Bor, I’m needing to go to the meeting soon anyway.”

He blinked, before looking out the clear window of the study we were sat in, noting the sun’s position.

“Ah, suppose that is true. Go on then, leave this old man to his own follies.”

I giggled a bit, he’s not nearly old enough to be saying such things.

Padding across the temple grounds, I noted the scrabbling sounds of Ash as she followed me along the halls.

I glanced over her. She was slightly long than a man is tall now, with wings capable of hour long flights. Not nearly ride-able yet.

From whatever dragonlore I had managed to obtain access to, if Ash had been given as much food and freedom as possible she’s be about twice her size by now.

But, as much as I may want to be able to ride a freakin’ dragon as soon as possible, I'd been taking extra care to make sure she was bonded to me, and would obey my every command.

She was certainly fond of me at least.

Still, if I wanted to be absolutely sure, I'd need to gain access to more dragon lore…. And the old blood of Volantis weren't being cooperative on that front.

I sighed, before looking to my other companion.

Orys was one of the Temple’s thousand slave soldiers (never more, never less) called the Fiery Hand. Flames were tattooed heavily across every inch of his body that was shown, even then most of it was covered with high quality lamellar armor.

Looking over him, he seemed to resemble a Chinese heavy infantry unit more than what I'd expect from ASOIAF, but what few sellswords I’ve seen in this life did seem to have a wide variety of armor types, as long as they were covered in metal most
    seemed happy, though full plate was only for the richest of them.

Underneath the armor was red cloth, with the strings holding everything together similarly dyed.

He wielded a bronze plated wooden round shield, which would normally have the fiery hand symbol imprinted on it with red paint, but instead he had the red three headed dragon of my house on it it showcase his status as my bodyguard.

Finally, a shortsword at his waist and a spear with a flame styled spearhead rested on his shoulder.

Orys was loyal enough, he’d already kept me safe from lone attackers and such, yet he was very unimaginative and didn't talk much.

Also, he wasn't my only bodyguard, just my only permanent one who would accompany me at all times, and other Hands would be added as needed.

Turning away from my observations, I finally entered the council chambers.

The Temple of the Lord of Light in Volantis had a large council devoted to the management of the Faith’s resources throughout Volantis and a few other “towns” (Two of them being larger than King’s Landing, that was a ridiculous name for them) in Volantis’ control, though not all of them. From what I've come to understand, the Faith wasn't a truly international organization.

Instead it was more like a sort of confederacy, all bound by their faith in their god, yet at the same time different Sects could have very differing opinions on certain practices or how they interpreted the will of R'hllor.

There was also the Great Council, which was held and hosted by the Volantene Temple, yet supposedly all Great Temples were equal there, which in reality the true power was held by the Temples with the most wealth and followers under their control.

Notably, the temple in Asshai, while powerful enough, was barely equal to Braavos’ Temple, which said a lot about the state of that temple.

Anyway, I'm getting distracted.

Benerro stood up at my entering the chamber, alongside everybody else in the room. Over the course of the year me and Benerro had been working hard to establish myself as at least a figurehead for the temple, and it was working well.

But the proceedings of this meeting would thoroughly establish my power in the faith.

Ash mewled from beside me as I settled into a seat next to Benerro, and the meeting began.

“So, about our plans, they are coming close yes?” Asked Benerro to an armored figure across the table.

The man stood up and nodded, he was Vaenos, commander of the Fiery Hand.

“Yes, the Hand is prepared to act at any time.” Benerro nodded, and turned to me.

“And you are sure you do not want to wait?” He asked, looking to Ash.

I sighed and brought a finger down to scratch her chin.

“It will be a few years yet for her to be capable of battle, but the sooner we do this, the better. I have many plans that require time with resources to bring to fruition.”

He closed his eyes and nodded, then turned to everybody else with a grin.

“All right then, then we shall begin in a week’s time.”

“We shall set a flame so powerful nothing will stand in it’s way.”

o-o-o-o-o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Taemys

-

“Master, the council will convene in another hour.” Taemys said, making his master sigh before gesturing his hand towards his companion.

“Oh the call of station, I shall have to continue our discussion later Gaema, duty never ends.”

The silver haired Old Blood nodded and got up from her cushion, taking one last grape before walking away.

Taemys’ Master looked to him.

“Before I forget, have a bath prepared for after the meeting.”

Then with a tap on the palanquin he sat in, he was carried out of the elaborate tea-house the master enjoyed spending his off time in.

Taemys followed until his master was brought before an elephant outside, decorated elaborately with golden filigree and silken banners all over, the beast performed as the Triarchs’ standard mode of transportation outside of buildings.

Many of them complained quietly about the rule that a Triarch cannot touch the ground for their entire tenure in office, but this was one of the few things that they always loved, to parade through the city with everybody giving their respects as they passed.

Taemys himself grabbed a reigns of a fine red horse that he had been assigned long ago. He could just about keep up with his master without one, but it would be unseemly for a house slave like him to work up such a sweat.

It was halfway through their commute that several riders came riding in like ghosts were chasing them.

“Grand Triarch! Hurry, we must get you to safety!”

His master leaned out of his mahogany elephant house with a raised brow.

“What? Surely you haven't let a riot break out?”

A riot in Volantis? The guards were far to professional to let such a thing happen during such a long stretch of peace.

“No, there is an army marching on the eastern wall!”

o-o---o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Observing from a tall tower within the Black Walls, Taemys watched as three separate formations slowed down their march.

He wasn't much of an expert on anything military, but even he could see that each wore vastly differing arms and armor.

He made a guess that they were three separate forces, sellswords?

In front of each army rose a figure dressed in fine metal armor on a horse.

His master snorted.

“Sellswords of course, Mayhaps Myr or Lys are making a play, we haven't had much aggression from either in a while.”

Another looked up, the silver haired Triarch.

“How did they manage to cross the Rhoyne without our knowing? Surely one of the patrols would have noticed, and neither city has attempted invading from such an ambitious angle, we should probably look to see if this is simply a distraction from the western territories.”

His Master grunted.

“It doesn't matter either way, those sellswords will be endangering the eastern farms, we’ll be seen as weak if we allow them to burn and pillage just the same as if we let Dothraki do so.”

He grinned and gestured to an armored figure in the room, Rhaegal, grand commander of the armies of Volantis and a prominent member of the Tiger party.

“Rhaegal, be a good dear and get rid of them, though I admit I'm curious how you’ll do so.”

Rhaegal bowed his head.

“The solution is simple Triarch, a Bombardment with our scorpions before we sally out and destroy them. They are sellswords, no need to parlay with them.”

His master nodded.

“Then it will be so.”

Before his all could get to their duties, something caught Taemys’ eye.

Tilting his head to look out from the balcony, he spotted that several towers throughout the city had smoke coming from them.

It was only once he’d noticed how thick and black it was that his eyes widened.

“Fire!” He said urgently, pointing them out.

Rhaegal immediately cursed and rushed out the room, shouting at his men and his master growled.

“Damnit! Get me somewhere the smoke cannot get me.”

Hurriedly the palanquin slaves began rushing deeper into the stone palace, they should be relatively safe, wooden buildings aren't uncommon, but most of Volantis was built of stone especially in the eastern city, so as long as the army could get to work controlling the fires they should be easy enough to deal with.

Of course, the army at the gates wasn't going to help anything.

Taemys spotted a group of soldiers up ahead in full armor coming to meet them, elite warriors charged with guarding important officials, they wore full lamellar armor with luxurious tiger pelts hung over a shoulder and strapped in tight with their belts.

They specialized in the sword and had a large round shield in the other hand. The twenty man group made it obvious they were here to replace the guards they currently had, no risk could come to the Triarchs.

“My Triarch, hurry, there are riots in the streets!

His master cried outward.

“What!?! how are all these things happening at-” He paused, before growling under his breath.

“Of course, I should have noticed at the fires. There is a coup! Treason!”

The soldiers tensed, before quickly circled the Triarch and assumed formation.

Taemys himself drew his dirk to aid the soldiers if it came to it, none would touch his master.

“There is a defensible room this way Triarch.”

His master nodded.

The sounds of marching feet soon was the only thing that was heard.

Taemys kept a weary eye out, he had a duty to uphold.

Then as they were turning a corner, all came to a stumbling stop, the slaves holding the palanquin almost slamming into the soldiers from behind.

In front of them stood a small group of similarly armored soldiers with red cloth, bronze covered shields and flame styled spears.

Taemys paled, they were the Fiery Hand.

And the there could be only one reason they were here.

Their spears lowered from their block of 25 solders, five men abreast and five deep, forming an impassable barricade down the hall.

One spoke up.

“Surrender now and you will live.”

His master straitened.

“Lower beings shall never rule this city! Attack!”

The honor guard, who twice outnumbered the religious soldiers, raised their swords and charged.

The close quarters and the prepared ranks of the Hand soldiers cut a bloody swath from the honor guard, but the heavy armor both wore allowed the Volantene soldiers to close in, many losing their shields, and begin stabbing at the red soldiers.

The fight turned into a bloody melee, and Taemys grit his teeth.

“Master, we should retreat.”

His master shook his head.

“If we leave I'm defenseless, for better or worse...”

With a cry, the Fiery Hand were cut down to the last man, most hadn't been able to draw their short-swords in time to effectively fight back in the mess of wooden shafts and relative experts in swordplay.

Unfortunately, only 13 soldiers were left, 5 of those wounded.

The captain of the master’s guard was also dead, so his lieutenant was forced to pick his sword up and point passed the bodies.

“The room is still this way, let’s go.” He said, voice now gruff and weary.

After toeing their way past the bloody corpses, they continued on their way.

Taemys continued to look behind him with worry.

o-o-oo-o-o-o—o-o--o-o-o-o-o-

Bor

-

Bor giggled to himself, just a little, not enough to alert anybody.

Dressed in stolen armor, he was distinctly uncomfortable, but even so his spirits were high.

Stretching a hand up high close to the support beams of the guard tower, he pressed a knife lightly into his hand, blood slowly trickling out.

Then with a muttered prayer and a flexing of will, his blood burst into a great conflagration, the floor above him quickly catching the flames to spread.

Quickly leaving the building, he cried and roared for everybody to run, screaming at anybody who would hear that the arsonists had run off towards the palace.

After his task was done, he found a good spot to watch the flames spread and giggle to himself again.

This, this was true ecstasy.

Truly, Daenerys was a gift from R’hllor, she had granted him the ability to burn and burn and burn!!!

He coughed, stifling his euphoria to focus on his next task.

Walking away from his spot, he grinned at the sight of all those wonderfully burnable buildings upon the Long Bridge.

It wasn't in the Plan, but the Blessed had a very noticeable love for architecture.

Surely she would love the chance to build something new from the ashes? What a lovely gift.

He giggled again under his breath as he made his way over.

A truly lovely gift for his queen.

o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

A/N – And so it begins.
    As it where, I’m not too sure about the pacing, does this seem rushed?

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  11. blackstar1

blackstar1 Not too sore, are you?

this remineds me of the Ori and Adria from sg1.

12. MadGreenSon

Bor is starting to remind me of the Trashcan Man. He was good for burning, but as Randall Flagg found out, his kind of fire can ultimately only love fuel. Good thing Dany is immune to fire and smoke inhalation...

13. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I imagine that recruiting more people into the faith is easier when they can demonstrate that it gives you magic powers.

14. Saltade

Saltade Verified Salty

Not happening unless he plans to declare war on the Free Cities and countries where those estates are located.

15. MadGreenSon

Which would be no small thing. None of the Free Cities swing as much sheer military might as Westeros does, but none of them are creampuffs either. Plus, if Westeros starts shit with one or more of the Free Cities, they might ally against the "barbarians" which would just end up being a party no one wants to go to.

16. Qweerman

Qweerman Getting sticky.

Absolutely loving it. This is the first Daenerys si I'm enjoying

Omni likes this.
  17. blackstar1

blackstar1 Not too sore, are you?

only one I know of.

18. abyss_kaiser

yes please, tell me more

Omni, Lusacan2099 and DianaV like this.
  19. DJ Heroin

DJ Heroin Getting out there.

I felt the jump into the coup itself was a little abrupt, but the events you’ve shown of the coup itself were appropriate fast paced, in how they give the sense of urgency. Over all, a little bit more lead up and foundation would do it good imo, but as it is it’s still understandable and enjoyable. Looking forward to more!

abyss_kaiser likes this.
  20. MadGreenSon

It was abrupt, but at the same time it was obvious something like this was going to happen and too much description of a little girl sitting around "smoke filled backrooms" with grown men conspiring to overthrow the government would be just too fucking surreal.

21. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

Just common sense though. Evil Overlord rule 12, have a 5 year old child examine your plans.

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 10
    abyss_kaiser

Into the Fire – Daenerys GOT ASOIAF SI

o-o—o-o-o---o-o-o-o-o-o-

The city was chaos.

Soldiers all over the city fought each other in small skirmishes, red hand versus tiger pelt, many city guardsmen burning in their beds as the watchtowers that were spread throughout the city as barracks and nexuses for city patrols burst into flame.

With the bulk of the army at the walls to ensure no assaults could succeed from the sellsword armies, the Fiery Hand actually had a chance to fight against the typically lightly armed and armored city guard and even the army itself. The heavy infantry of Volantis were few in number, and whenever groups of them were spotted the Hand would march in the other direction to go fight the light infantry as much as they could.

The battle was truly decided when the long bridge burst into flame. Hundreds of freemen and slaves alike ran screaming as their livelihoods burned away. The flaming inferno that used to be the main connection between east and west this end of the Rhoyne signified the utter truth that no reinforcements would be coming for this side of the city any time soon.

Demoralized, the militia men began either surrendering to the rebels or hunkering down either on the walls or in the palaces.

From there the situation stabilized, as sellswords managed to breech the walls and establish themselves, the Fiery Hand worked to secure as much of the city as they could before the western side could rally a counter attack.

o—o-oo-o-o-o

Taemys

-

Taemys grunted as he downed a cup of water, then proceeded to raise the shortsword he’d looted from the Hand soldiers that had been killed before him.

They were now down to only 5 guards, barricaded deep in the Black Walls inside the Quorum, the meeting hall of the free landholders who would vote on issues.

It was one of the most secure building in the Black Walls, built exactly when Volantis was deemed to be built into a true city and the builders on site were still in the mindset of fortifying.

Clashes sounded from outside, and he grit his teeth as he spotted his master bite his thumb with worry, completely improper of a Triarch.

It was a sign of the severe stress he was under.

Then sudden there was a bang on the doors.

“Open up, Her divine grace the Queen demands it!”

Taemys narrowed his eyes, queen? Were they talking about Daenerys?

His master straitened as his bodyguards tensed.

Before his master could even speak, Taemys noticed something off about the guards.

Their eyes were shifting, from the door to the master, fists tight around their weapons.

It was a look he barely remembered, from a time long before during his training.

The look of disobedience.

Eyes widening, Taemys moved to rush to his master’s side before a hand forced him to the floor.

“Stay down if you know what’s good for you slave, this is for all our sakes.” Grunted the captain, before he nodded to the others who turned to the confused then horrified Triarch.

“Wait no, don't you dare!”

The Tiger guards pushed the palanquin slaves aside, the device itself sat upon gold balls to signify that technically, he was not on solid ground, and carelessly dragged him out.

As soon as his Triarch’s feet brushed the ground, Taemys closed his eyes.

They had lost.

o---o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

The eastern city had been taken.

Taemys looked out over the open plaza with hollow eyes, a thousand Fiery Hand soldiers stood there in triumph, even as others and their sellsword allies thoroughly finished securing the rest of the city, likely readying it to take the other side, which would be far easier, as even though that was was even more secure against outside threats, as soon as the debris was clear from the bridge they could easily break through whatever rough fortifications had been placed.

Even now the Fiery Hand was far larger than it’s ordained thousand number. They’d likely been building up in secret before the coup.

Even more importantly, the Triarchs were all captured. Forced to kneel before a tall wooden throne on which sat a little girl with frightening eyes and a dragon glaring down at them.

She was sat cross legged, as if there wasn't a concern in the world, but those eyes…

They looked old.

“It saddens me that it had to come to this. It saddens me that I must subject myself and others to the horrors of war as my first action as queen. It saddens me that others must suffer so that many more may prosper.” She gazed over their heads to the visible smoke plume still rising from the Long Bridge, a haunted look in her face.

“Still, all that has happened had brought us to this day, where the oligarchy that pretended to adhere to the wishes of the People shall finally come to an end.”

At that the kneeling figures raised their heads.

Daenerys stepped from her throne, walking off and showing exactly how young she was.

She lowered herself before the defeated oligarchs, resting on the balls of her feet.

“You will die, painfully and screaming. It is the price for our god that must be paid again and again. But, with your deaths, they will be free.” She grinned, a sad, but triumphant grin, her eyes blaring a message that seemed long held.

“As I rise to queendom, all those who are tortured and beat down, made to serve and waste their precious days away never knowing agency for their own actions shall all have Freedom!”

She stood up, turning to the crowds, gathered to see the execution.

“Freedom! For your sons and for your daughters, for yourselves and your wives. For all that would call me their queen. I am Daenerys Targaryen! Stormborn! Mother of Dragons and She Who Walks Through Fire!”

“But right now I am to be the Breaker of Chains! All my subjects are from now on only beholden to me and me alone, let no master ever declare you an object ever again. For from this day until the end of days, only R’hllor himself may ever own slaves again!”

Slowly, as if in disbelief, cheering rose up at her words.

All throughout the crowds, horrified freemen and women looked on as their slaves unhooked their collars and raised their arms to cheer on the usurper of the Triarchy.

Taemys just gazed calmly at those few who clutched their unlocked collars with fear, those who pleaded quietly to stay with their Masters, those who only knew the love of servitude.

The child queen turned to him, a smile on her face, which stilled at whatever look he had on his face.

Her eyes glared into his, before she turned to another of the Triarch’s house-slaves, the golden haired girl with the bright blue eyes which were wide in shock, and trembling hands.

“Now, if you wish, lift off your collar, and call me your queen.”

The girl cried, before tearing it off and screaming, “DĀRIA!”

The crowd seemed to take in the high Valyrian with a silent gasp, before they began to chant.

“Dāria!”

“Dāria!”

“Dāria! Dāria ! Dāria!”

The chants didn't stop, as word spread throughout the city, shouts of “Dāria” spread like wildfire.

From that day forward, all knew who their queen was, whether they liked it or not.

Taemys just wondered what his purpose would be now.

Oo-o-o-o-oo-o-o-o-o-o-o-oo-o-o-o-oo

A/N – light chapter, but I think it ended as well as it could have.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  23. Tommy123

Tommy123 Getting out there.

Absolutely fantastic update. I loved the description of the siege battle.
    I am just loving this story since I was a guest.

EJ Maybe Writer and abyss_kaiser like this.
  24. Equalist

Equalist Know what you're doing yet?

Looks a bit rushed but good.

EJ Maybe Writer likes this.
  25. DahakStaz

DahakStaz I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well now she has shit ton of Gold formerly owned by Triarchs and other oligarchs so funding for future expansions will not be a problem any time soon.

On another note she need to do something with all those freed slaves, give them jobs, establish proper army(with infantry, archers, cavalery and mage units in the form of Priests of Rholl) and establish a proper goverment or soon all of this will crash dawn when the starting momentum will perish.

And lets not forget about other cities with slave trade will not like this at all, expect attacks from sellswords and mercenaries in coming months send by other free cities to stop this rebelion, tought Bravoos could help since Daenerys is anti-slavery.

Tought burning people alive can be a problem in future, I propose that she slowly establish laws that only allow burning of enemy soldiers, bandits, criminals and volounters. This way her enemies will hesitate to fight her since defete meens death vy burning alive.

26. hamof

hamof I trust you know where the happy button is?

On the other hand, this will stop people from surrendering, which leads to more people dying on all sides. There does need to be some kind of solution to the whole "R'hllor wants her to burn people alive on a regular basis" thing, but this probably isn't it.

27. MadGreenSon

That's an interesting distinction. Very much so.

28. abyss_kaiser

all priests consider themselves slaves of R'hllor.

29. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

The loli queen is on the rise.

30. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

How long until Robert decides to try hiring the Faceless Men to kill her?

EJ Maybe Writer and Slayer 10321 like this.