1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

well he was online 10 minutes ago so, Maybe he's just asleep and tired?

Prince Charon likes this.
  2. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Would it need to be a Green Lantern? Last I checked, the Guardians have opinions of themselves that might not take well to one of their Lanterns piously believing that there is a mightier, wiser, and all around better authority figure than them. At least, not one that's vocal about it in any meaningful degree.

NightmareWarden and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

That depends on the writer.

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

And decide whether we refer to the pallbearers as Paul bearers.

5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Joking aside, I hope Zoat's alright.

Cuchulin, Gantradies and Vorian like this.
  6. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

7. Threadmarks: Angelic (part 18)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

28th January
    13:20 GMT -5

"Now hang-!"

My rings flare, and the orange light burns through whatever arcane defences he had active so quickly that I barely feel the resistance. I'm not sure whether that's due to his defences being weak, his nature being so filled with avarice that he couldn't resist the orange light effectively or… My own ability. Orange light radiates from his forehead, then dims to the weakly glowing brand.

His eyes roll upwards as he tries to see what I've just done, then he tries to raise his hands in order to feel it. But they're still trapped.

"Orange Lantern?" I glance back at Robert, and he points downwards. "People are staring."

I nod. "Thank you for pointing that out. This way."

I fly myself and my captive west and upwards, bringing us out of easy visual distance of the road. The second to last thing I want to do is create a massive crash.

Buzz gives up trying to see his own forehead. "What is this?"

"Essentially, it makes it trivially easy for me to alter your desires. If I want to, I can totally reshape your personality."

"Fuck me, you sure you're a superhero?"

"Hero, villain, I'm the man with the ring. Now." I lean in a little closer. Though just for effect; I'm not stupid enough to get close enough for him to do anything. "You want to be open and honest with me-"

He blinks. "Was that supposed to be a magic word or something? Because as a demon coming up to the end of his second millennium I gotta say, you need more pizzazz. Half of magic is-."

"-regarding your recent criminal activity here in Virginia."

"That's not exactly a short list, mate."

"The Devil Jizz."

He shakes his head. "Never touched the stuff. I was on Earth when my old boss got done in by the First-."

"Your old boss being?"

"Beelzebub. Miserable bastard that he was. Here, you didn't have anything to do with that, did you? No one I asked could give me the full story."

"The First did.. something to him in retaliation for Satanus giving Sabbac the Sword of the Fallen. Satanus took advantage of his weakness to steal his power in a more permanent way. What did he have on you?"

"He offered to help me assassinate Emperor Caligula and ensure my wife's safety in exchange for eternal servitude. Then that thing in Fawcett happened and the bond just vanished."

"You couldn't disobey him in the intervening period?"

"Basically, no." He tries to shrug. "I could creatively interpret, and he wasn't giving me orders every day, but when it came right down to it… He was the boss."

And just like that, we can't convict him for anything before Fawcett. Mind control, which is a near-absolute defence even if the subject initially volunteered.

"The Devil Jizz."

"Answer hasn't changed, mate. I've been out of the loop since Beelzebub snuffed it. Don't even know how it's made. I mean, I can guess roughly what's in it, but I'm not part of the pipeline or nothin'."

"Your cult."

"Hah! Wouldn't call them a cult. Bunch of bravos and psychos. Not exactly hard to talk them into things."

"What were you doing with them?"

"Keeping me hand in. Passing time. Might a' done something with Linda… Then an angel dropped in me lap and I had to go for it. Didn’t really work out like I intended."

"Why did you think that binding the two of them together would work out? A disempowered angel and a cultist?"

"What? No, I didn't bind them together. How the hell would that work? No, I just killed Noriel and used her death to transfer her knowledge into Linda. I figured her knowledge of magic and that would be useful. Turn Lindy into a real asset." He exhales. "Turns out, million year old angel has a slightly stronger personality than a teenager could handle. Used another spell t' try an' keep them apart, but now that you've countered that they're probably really mixed up right now."

Oh poop.

"So what happened to Noriel?"

"Body got burned up by the spell. Soul's probably gone back to the Silver City… Might have regained her memories, might not have done." He grins. "And I say 'probably', 'cause if she was down here, she's still be in the firing line for all that shit Excalibris got up to."

"If Linda only got Noriel's memories, why was she physically changing shape?"

"Dunno, really. Linda knew a little magic, Noriel knew a lot. Probably an instinctive thing. Wonder if they'll call themselves 'Lindel' or 'Nindel'..? No, 'Loriel', perfect." I narrow my eyes. "Like the shampoo."

"What other crimes have you personally committed recently?"

"Drugs, obviously. Resisting arrest. Maleficium."

"Grooming?"

"Doesn't bother me, but I think she was over sixteen when we started fucking. I mean, I'm two thousand years old, so-."

"The age of consent in Virginia is eighteen."

"Oh. Then yes. Kidnapping… Though the guy was a murderer. His mistress might not have been in on it."

"Did you murder them?"

"Nah. Got Linda to do it. Her parents took her to this one priest, see? Thought a growing girl might need moral guidance in this sinful age." He chuckles. "Only he was having an affair. Murdered his wife, played it for sympathy… Wasn't even that hard to prove it to Linda. Which helped out my whole 'morality is for the stupid' angle. Not exactly a tidy murder, but we've all got to start somewhere."

And if he's telling the truth about overwriting her brain then we can't charge her either. I suppose that we can at least locate the bodies and close the investigation.

"You can provide me with more details later, but-"

"Happy to!"

"-now I want to know where the Devil Jizz came from. You say you didn't supply it, but you must have been aware of it."

"Of course I was. See, the reason I wanted to kill Caligula was 'cause he raped me wife. Only I couldn't come at him openly without getting killed meself. Made the deal with Big B, she was safe… But she decided that 'cause I couldn't protect her it was my fault, an' she stabbed me to death. Beelzebub sorted me out, said I'd have the chance to win her over…"

"Because she'd go to Hell for murder. Not faithful to the gods of Rome, then?"

"Might have been Beelzebub's doing. Whatever: with him out of the picture I figured I could summon her up meself. Only her opinion on me hasn't gotten any better, has it?"

"Where is she now?"

"I dunno. That brothel of hers, maybe? She somehow wrangled being turned into a succubus-."

Oh dear.

"Orange Lantern to Doctor Fate, we have a problem."

"Doctor Fate?"

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  8. Dragolord19d

Dragolord19d Versed in the lewd.

...Clever clever girl...

9. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

here in

Mr Zoat likes this.
  10. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Cancel the funeral, turns out the reports of Zoat's death were greatly exaggerated.

Wait, does this mean she's a average succubus? Because I might be wrong here, but given her age it might be possible that she's that queen succubus, whatever-her-name-is who normally looks like a giant spine snake thingy.

Though, i'm probably mixing up the timeline a bit.

11. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Buzz.

And now you have two problems.

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Bit late today, Mr Zoat. Big friday night? :p

Probably not the best idea to use mind-altering powers in public view like that...

...What would the last be, then?

Buzz gives up trying to see his own forehead. "What is this?"

...Eh, anti-hero is fine.

"-regarding your recent criminal activity here in Virginia."

Oh, you've been a busy little bee, then.

No one I asked could give me the full story."

Well shit.

Gee, you think?

"Why did you think that binding the two of them together would work out?

Three spaces between the marked parts, at least in reply box. Also: 'year old angel' unless that was intentional?

Which might explaing the sigil found in the forest, that people mistook for a Superman symbol?

...I'll admit it, that is kind of funny.

"Nah. Got Linda to do it. Her parents took her to this one priest, see?

No great loss, from the sound of it, other than the hit to her 'purity'.

He's just so jolly about it...

But she decided that 'cause I couldn't protect her it was my fault...

...I figured I could summon her up meself.

Wait, what the fucking fuck now?!
    (also, for some reason it was missing the close quotation mark in the reply box. Maybe my bad, maybe not)

Red alert, all hands to battle stations!

Seriously, this cannot be a good thing...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Is John Constantine coming coming back soon to sort these things out? Cause fate vs chaos lord:)

14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Hah! No.

I got distracted writing interesting parts from the next episode and so now only have a pad of 0. I wrote this one last night, and wanted to set it simmer for a little longer.
    I noticed and put it in while you were reading.

15. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Don't care about the law, with this guy. Don't like him.

Eat his soul, OL!

Now that I'm thinking about it, there are a fair few who should get Orange/Nomm-ed.

As Shakespear said, "First, we kill all the lawyers."

16. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Clever Girl

17. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

So is this guy Cassius Chaerea?

18. Mr Zoat

No, one of the other conspirators. His name was Gaius Marcus.

19. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Nice.

gustyeagle likes this.
  20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

First off, has Doctor Fate been mind whammied by the succubus? I would have expected someone with access to Nabu's powers to be more resistant to mind control magics than that. Second, and this is off-topic, I'd like to invite anyone interested in helping to add to the WIth This Ring wiki and TV Tropes page. For the latter, some help with the recap pages would be nice.

21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Isn't it "malefictum"?

22. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

"How could you let this happen?"

"Well in my defense she had a really nice pair of tits, and what with the story being moved to QQ and all..."

23. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

The best way to deal with that is to live EST and wake up to a nice WTR chapter for breakfast every morning! :D

24. OrigamiPhoenix

OrigamiPhoenix Getting sticky.

You know, is it a British thing that Paul is willing to say "oh poop" in his head, but says "oh dear" instead of "oh shit" about something arguably worse?

25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yea... That spell keeping them apart is likely the only reason there's even anything left of Linda at this point...

Paul got played. :D

26. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

The preceding line is "Thy will be done" so yeah, it would have to be green.

So I'm interpreting this as her being the proprietor of the "massage parlor". Seem right to anyone else?

27. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Snek Flakes, Breakfast of CHAMPIONS!

28. TheLunarwolf

TheLunarwolf Making the rounds.

To be fair, most days the chapters come out for Brekkie on GMT not EST.

Vorian and DAT_NOOB like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

Turns out I was wrong about that all along. It should have been maleficium all along.

30. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

I mean, I get the updates at 1, so that's before breakfast time?

I can't participate in discussion right after the chapter is posted, no, but it's still there when I wake up, so... I like it?