1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I think Canis would see it as fakes.

Red Tornado is an AI, not a mere program, so maybe he would see it differently? Idk.

Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  2. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I don't know who or what that Wonder Woman was, but this is probably the Young Offenders and the Syndicate. I say this because their episode was titled Doppelgänger. The yellow power ring user is probably Capo Alan "Al" Scott. I wonder how jealous Baul is over how much Paul has accomplished in comparison.

3. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Well, Yellow Lantern may mean Qwardian involvement, so if it's a Weaponer-built robot duplicate... It's quite plausible it could fool all of that detection tech.

But if it's Crime Syndicate universe or some other parallel, she may just have been an alternate WW and not needed to fool the defenses.

4. lefthandturnsignal

lefthandturnsignal Making the rounds.

Or yellow Paul finally showing up.

5. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

If he's from the DC Universe Doom Patrol timeline then I won't be surprised.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

didn't batman take them out again I'm pretty sure he did

7. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

IIRC blue Paul gave OL the tech to block parallel universe incursions, and Sinestro isn't dumb enough to just show up on a planet that has several greens assigned to it.

8. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

yeah, Grayvens back!

9. Eponymic

Eponymic Getting sticky.

I thought OL was supposed to be genre savvy?

Is this like with Graven where he's embedded enough into story that he misses the flags?

10. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The most plausible answer.

Olympia, Power Ring Yellow, Baul, short hair hot pants Zatanna... I wonder why they would be kidnapping Paul... And more importantly how they bypassed the equipment that was placed in orbit to stop alternate universe incursions... Unless they jumped universe outside earth orbit and then came down, but that should have been detected too.

11. Smartkittykhan

Smartkittykhan Making the rounds.

This does seem the most likely scenario.

Bypassing the dimensional travel blocking device shouldn't be too difficult considering the Syndicate provided it in the first place. It's perfectly feasible that they know how to subvert it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2019
  12. Nioz

Nioz Know what you're doing yet?

HOLD UP! Paragon Paul’s becoming a what now?!?

13. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I doubt they would need to jump out of the universe to bypass the anti-alternate universe equipment. Blue Lantern told them to take the devices and put them into orbit around Earth. If they block all alternate universe travel to Universe 16, would would it matter where they are? If they're in orbit around Earth, they're most likely only able to cover Earth.

A couple of devices as small as that being able to protect an entire universe from alternate universe travel is a bit ridiculous anyway, even by comic book standards.

14. Chaoswind

Dude that is what i said, the devices cover EARTH, to bypass them all you have to do is transfer from anywhere outside earths orbit, HOWEVER, the watchtower sensors SHOULD have been capable of detecting anyone as they came towars earth.

reddraggone9 likes this.
  15. jmartinez8089

jmartinez8089 Getting out there.

Maybe the watchtower did detect them and was hit first before fake Diana went to the cave.

16. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

given the Leauge's trackrecord, they might have had them all stripped out whilst OL was away for an equially stupid reason as refusing upgrades for the watchtower...
    ... or did he perform them at some point and they stripped them out? i might be getting my YJ fics scrambled due to the "sleepy brain" effect...

17. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

That doesn't actually happen anymore. The IT security field has grown up to the point that having written a cool virus doesn't look impressive on your resume, and there are enough competent security professionals without records that there's no need to recruit from prisons anymore. Mostly former cyber-criminals who switch to a white hat end up either forming their own security company - like Kevin Mitnick did - or working for some other reformed cyber-criminal who did.

infinityDivided likes this.
  18. Chaoswind

That was with Grayven.

In the Paul timeline it was the GREEN LANTERNS, the ones that were authorized to upgrade the sensors and then Paul installed more upgrades later...

Even if they removed what Paul installed the ones installed by the green lanterns are more than enough .

19. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Probably should move the closing quote out of the invisitext.

Remember his godspeech Tourette's from way back? Remember how Scott Free said his energy felt "vaguely Apokoliptian"? Marinating in the Orange Light while building his soul has given him some form of what New Gods see as divinity.

20. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

I have to agree Paul is holding a bit of an idiot ball here. Having his empathetic vision blocked combined with the rather short Diana should have set off warning bells. I really hope the others don't let him live this down.

Gantradies, Cuchulin, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

He had been pushing the JL to improve their telepathic defenses since the training scenario went sour, and he's seen Diana act like this before.

22. IndigoAbyss

IndigoAbyss Isaac of the Abyss

That bloody cliffhanger. What's Interesting to me Is the fact that we saw several versions of Paul with different rings, but never a Yellow Lantern Paul. Most likely theory is that this is his doppelganger.

Alexandercctv likes this.
  23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Which all amount to rather minor upgrades in the grand scheme of things.

nobodez likes this.
  24. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Grayven's got a yellow ring. It's his second ring, granted, but I'd think he'd count as a Yellow Lantern Paul.

25. IndigoAbyss

IndigoAbyss Isaac of the Abyss

Honestly I skipped the entire Renegade timeline.

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

The abundance of yellow text after he got the Yellow Ring should've at least come up in skimming past it, though.

27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Robot infiltrators and the yellow light of fear working together usually means Manhunters.

Drode and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Nowadays, yeah.

Although originally the energy the Manhunters used was....pink.
    [​IMG]

Hal referred to it as "anti-green lantern energy" in Millenium.

29. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

....well that's just kinda a hurtful stereotype.

Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  30. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well... kinda. But we did it anyway:

Granted, that's a generator for realistic images, not artwork. But the techniques used are only improving; most major image editing software already has various smart-fill tools which can replace a section of the image inferred from the surroundings (and that video is almost a decade old) or similar modifications. A more well-known software, Deepfake, can basically replace a person's face in a video with anyone else.

IMO, people really underestimate technology and what it's going to be able to do, when it comes to 'intelligent' things like this. A lot of people who consider it carefully eventually conclude that media itself will become almost completely unreliable, because the ability to fake it will mature far beyond the point where you can detect fakes.

Bramble Thorn likes this.