1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

and paul commits another genocide

2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Fun fact: Quardians might see like lizards: they have 19 (I think) cones (or rods, not sure what the part of the eye that sees color is called), allowing them to see only 19 very specific colors with very narrow bandwidths, leaving everything except those specific colors blurry and black, unlike humans, for whom vision works with 3 cones, leaving us seeing broad spectrums of approximately rgb. Anyway, with this theory, the Quardians might only be able to see very specifically in colors that are NOT ring colors.

Gilhelmi, Vorian, Sad Machine and 3 others like this.
  3. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Paul steps into the Zatara office looking for Zatanna and finds a bunch of unconscious soldiers, and a crying Zatanna holding the dead corpse of Zorina's father... A guy that looks like her father.

"Thats it! Going ORANGE!!"

Got to say that would be very entertaining to watch... However, I want to make it clear that I would dislike it a lot if something bad "beyond the mentally traumatic" happens to Zatanna.

I remember Mr Zoat saying some characters would die and would come back wrong in this fic and even if it has technically happened a few times (reviving the people Jade killed, Paul too), this little side trip to another earth is a prime opportunity for Zatanna to get killed so I am grabbing my seat and bitting my nails.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. narukaze132

narukaze132 Getting some practice in, huh?

Pretty sure you want to switch the italics here, the emphasis seems strange right now.

moralrelativity likes this.
  5. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Maybe JLAU Darkseid is just a tad weaksauce.
    Then again, Byrne Superman did decently against Omega beams back when he maxed out lifting airrcraft carriers and space shuttle speeds.

Istaran likes this.
  6. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Return to love elemental Zatanna that kills allot of people please

Istaran likes this.
  7. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

Paul is getting closer to his “I am 100% done with this situation” moment.

8. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Why is throwing up his hands and phoning Best Snek plan Q, specifically? Why not Plan O or Plan S?

Citizen likes this.
  9. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Because those would be predictable.

Also, the letter Q can wrap around things and has a tail.

And most importantly, he just wants to.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, that's the correct emphasis.

Gilhelmi, Drode, BR549 and 15 others like this.
  11. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

That.... was an experience.

12. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

I feel kind of bad for the Justice league here. I mean they did what genuinely to all appearances was the right thing and suddenly they find out that all they really did was throw things into even more shit. I can't imagine Superman is comfortable with seeing the child of his alternate yell in rage at him for his part in killing his adopted father even if he was a supervillain. I still think he made the right move stopping Ultraman, Jonathan seems a little optimistic about Blue stopping the bomb from happening, but I can't imagine it is a good feeling.

Gilhelmi, Drode and Prince Charon like this.
  13. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Another thing is that contrary to his words, we know there is a difference for ultraboy as the overwhelming red went away, showing clearly that he would be less mad if his pa hadn't been murderer by Slade and had instead been sent to trial, even if only because Johnathan thought he would have rescued his dad before execution day.

14. Jirachi

Jirachi I trust you know where the happy button is?

I hope Paul actually asks for more information about other exotic weapons projects the Controllers have going beyond just Effigy, since they seem to be an inherently relevant to his job and such.
    The 'not an organization, a collaboration' line is very confusing to me...
    On some level, I kind of feel like Jevek Jos Jar is wasting his time on Effigy. One lantern to tow, or using emotional light storage technology and/or purpose engineered minds or whatever system the darkstars use to prevent them from just being blocked by interdiction tech should probably be fine.
    As for the recruitment bottleneck, hopefully getting Kalmin to make rings of other colors (blue? red? Maybe even seeing if the lights of love and compassion have the same safeguards that the guardians have?) will help quite a bit with that.

15. NeoDarklight

NeoDarklight The Final Observer

...What are the odds that this Justice League is from the version of Earth 12 that had the alternate team roster from the pilot which AGL!Paul landed in?

16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I think you misunderstand, that was pre-crisis Darkseid being defeated by Firestorm. Here's a link with a picture.

Oh fun fact, the first appearance of Darkseid, the guy people keep hyping up just because DC is too chicken shit to stop using the New Gods as a franchise zombie, he had his geneticists make a clone of Jimmy Olsen that was basically the Incredible Hulk to send to kill Superman.

Nothing says immense cosmic power like hiding behind a Jimmy Olsen clone.

17. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Earth 12 has been previously stated to be the JL/JLU universe, with their Paul not being able to power his ring. All I remember Mr Zoat saying about him was that he was dating Cheetah. AGL!Paul is in the JL pilot universe.

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Kinda makes you wonder what will happen to Paul-12 after Justice League-12 returns home.

Granted, Anti-Green Lantern Paul has it the worst I think of all the ones we've seen so far. But being trapped in a comic universe without any powers....that's gotta be something like hell.

19. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

More catgirl sex, I suspect.

DAT_NOOB, Cuchulin and Simonbob like this.
  20. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I can't think of anything more boring.

Though, I would think the JLU would at least approach him. Imagine that, near powerless with no way to charge your ring, and an alternate version of you without that problem gets you in trouble with the most powerful group on the planet.

21. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Ah, but -12 Paul is in space, probably looking for a way to charge his ring.

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

And when he returns he's still vastly outclassed. :D

EvenMaster80 and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Do you mean Earth 12 Paul aka Powerless ring Paul? Because he's pretty much stuck on Earth. Unless you meant Baul, who lives on Earth -14 and is (allegedly) on his space honeymoon with Zorina.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Threadmarks: Doppelgängered (part 22)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

5th February
    21:12 GMT -5

I grab 'Ultraboy' with a construct and fly as fast as the narrow confines allow in the general direction of the sound.

"What now?"

Mister J'onzz appears to take it in his stride.

"Would a kryptonian not be able to fly under his own power?"

And there's now a lounge in place of the library

"My Superboy is a kryptonian-human hybrid. I think that Ultraboy is similar. Last time we met he didn't fly."

"I see."

No more explosions, no running feet… I don't know what's going on here. I stop, listening, trying to scan…

"Are you getting anything?"

His eyes glow faintly for a moment. "No. The magics of this house confuse my senses."

"Great, that-."

"-s'nretnal noitacol!"

A section of the wall panelling next to me grows up to the full height of the wall and sprouts a handle before swinging open. Zatanna steps back from the opening and I see Don Giovanni throwing glowing snakes through the air at a man in gold and blue power armour. He blocks left-handed with an anachronistically simple wood and iron shield, which… Causes the snakes to decay into motes of light. Armour matches what the local Lex Luthor wore, but I can't scan it and the helmet means-.

Small lasers deploy from the armour's gauntlets and shoulders, flicking back and forth as they inscribe an arcane symbol in the wall behind the bruised and bleeding Don. My destructive pulse hits him in the side, buckling and blackening the armour at the point of impact. That's… Weak, but I am less well motivated in this fight than I usually am.

The figure in armour immediately raises his right arm and fires a-. A blue laser at my face, which fails to penetrate my environmental shield. I respond with two construct micro-missile launchers, missiles firing and smashing into his weapons with just enough force to render them inoperable. The Don uses the breathing room to step outside of the near-complete warding circles and snarl at the armoured figure.

"Hsurc!"

Armoured plates tremble and I can hear them as they begin to deform. The armoured figure moves their shield just enough to block the Don's line of sight to the worst affected parts of his armour-.

"Pord eht dleihs!"

His arm jerks, but the shield is attached rather than being held. Alright, power armour and rush him. I swing my right fist, and he intercepts with a.. small kinetic barrier, then I bring my left fist around and slam it into the part of his armour damaged by my destructive bolt. Another force field shimmers into being, but this one is a general purpose plasmic field and nothing like strong enough to stop the force I'm bringing to bear. The armoured warrior is lifted off the ground and shoved-.

**Sleep.**

My armour's psi-baffles prevent me collapsing on the spot, though I still feel a wave of tiredness pass through me. Shouldn't be surprised, I suppose. I drop off a psi shock grenade tuned to Martian telepathic communication patterns and detonate it-

**Ughf!**

-and then follow up on my attack.

"Laeh."

Don Giovanni's bleeding stops and his burned clothing knits back together somewhat as I go for a grapple, x-ionised knives emerging from subspace and stabbing forward to punch through the outer surface of the armoured figure's armour, severing power and control cables where I can without causing undue damage to the person wearing it.

"Dleihs sparts kaerb!"

The shield falls to the ground at the same time Mr J'onzz does, and I take a firm grip of the armoured figure and go to work on the seals attaching the helmet to the rest of the armour. Constructs pull-.

"Surprise, motherfucker."

That's not Lex Luthor. That's Preceptor, the local version of Mr Crock. I suppose that anyone can wear armour.

And-. Everything's shimmering and… And I'm in a workshop, in a powerful force field, and… Those are soldiers and that's half the Justice Underground. Huh, that's what Sir Solomon looks like. Pictures don't really do him justice.

"Release Preceptor, and I will see that you receive a fair trial."

My left hand closes over Mr Crock's head as I turn slightly.

"Mister Vice President, I'm not sure that you have the power to make that offer."

"Just fry us, sir!"

"Not to a Made Man, but I'm fairly sure that you're not one." He's wearing the same armour as Mr Crock, though he's left the helmet off in favour of a heavy collar containing a force field generator.

"And then what? I sit in prison until your fight with the Syndicate reaches its pyrrhic conclusion?" I release my grip on Mr Crock and step away from him. "I intercepted Talon's effort at summoning the Justice League. They're currently in chains in Shadowcrest."

"They're alive?"

"I don't.. want.. to kill people. I've just about got the Syndicate to the point where they're prepared to go into-"

A weak laser shot from one of the weapons I missed on Mr Crock's armour shoots me in the eye piece and fails to penetrate my environmental shield.

"-exile, shut down all significant operations in the United States-."

"And you think we should foist our problems off on someone else?"

"Not on a nice country, but there are plenty of places that the Syndicate won't make worse by taking them over. Somewhere lousy with strife which they couldn't make worse if they tried."

Vice President Luthor takes a moment to check that the various armed men and women in the room haven't disappeared. "I'm not sure that you're in any position to negotiate."

"Of course I'm in a position to negotiate. That's why Power Ring and Olympia brought me here: to try and negotiate a cessation of hostilities. You're my last hope for avoiding all-out confrontation."

He frowns faintly. "You honestly believe that you're not at risk, don't-?"

I

step out and then

back just in front of him.

"Yes, and you've no idea-"

Vice President Luthor doesn't step back, though he does up the output on his force field slightly. Lady Sonar takes a shot, but I'm already braced and my sonic cannon disrupts her blast quite nicely. Shots from the regular soldiers I just ignore, content to let my armour and kinetic barrier soak them.

"-how annoying it is to me that the supervillains are the ones making the peaceful overtures. At the very least-"

Soldiers fall back to give Sir Solomon a clear path. He strides forwards, fists balled, then punches me right in the kinetic barrier to no effect.

"-you should be offering pardons to defectors, stripping away the support for the hardcore of nutters." I shoot a mage slayer round into Sir Solomon's left knee, causing the magics animating him to leave it. He stumbles, and I help him on his way with a right hook. "Or offering them terms of some sort. It's like you people want the country to burn. And I find that a very frustrating attitude."

Q-Ranger's blast burns through my environmental shield and melts into my armour.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  25. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

should be ' lounge '

should be ' this '

' fires '

' try '

' currently '

26. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

No, Preceptor is willing to die if it means killing OL.

27. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Well, I was wondering when he'd finally get to talk to Mr. Luthor.

28. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

And the clusterfuck gets even more cluster-y. XD

29. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Seriously, how much more of this shit is Paul going to take? He's been very, VERY patient.

30. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Paul should just go to Plan Q, mind control everyone, take away everyone's powers/send them to the Phantom Zone, berate Justice League 12 on their accidental role in all this, and then go home. I wonder how the League and Team on Earth 16 will react after reading OL and Zatanna's report on this. Before that, I want to see everyone, Syndicate, Justice Underground, & JL 12, be fearful of OL's full power.