1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

You do realise everyone else's plan boils down to 'nuclear war today or tomorrow', right?
    Even the Syndicate wanted to stay and fight to the end, and the only reason they did not is because Blue convinced the new Management not to...

Today's post even mentioned that despite everything the Syndicate still had the capability to retaliate and burn the world (and obviously so did Wilson)

The only other alternative is the mass execution of every Syndicate member while also making sure the world doesn't burn... after which he would have to make sure Wilson actually follows through with his promises and stops... good luck with that!!!

Frankly, yes, Paul's plan will allow the Syndicate to rebuild and maybe in a year we will be back... but that is in a year from now!
    Right now the world isn't ending and every side has a year to try to make sure it stays that way.. and if not Paul can just come back!

Well the 12th level intellect believed him so obviously he is right

2. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Annnd here we are again. What’s the source backing up that claim? Cuz to me, Answer didn’t come across as a criminal psychopath. Just a helpful spirit who temporarily possessed the body of someone already unconscious to state to Luthor’s face the blindingly fucking obvious.

3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think I might give it a shot. I'd like to at least wait until the last part before I do it.

Mr Zoat said that it was only America that was in such a bad state. I'm sure other countries aren't as terrible as America due to having less Syndicate members there.

Prince Charon likes this.
  4. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

To be fair, when you’ve got an entire nation cheerfully nuking itself into a cinder, you’re gonna have a pretty large splash-radius - at the very least, Canada and South/Central America would be in trouble, and depending on how..... sociopathically enthusiastic the combatants are, especially if the contamination spread through ocean water....

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

It was referenced in like one line in the chapter that the Answer is a wanted criminal. Also, the Question is a hero, so she is a villain. The thing is, there’s nothing to show she’s a psychopath, and she could be wanted for something less major - like, say, conspiracy against the United States.

6. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Ngl, that sounds like some Exalted shit right there. I like it.

hance1986 and erebus1994 like this.
  7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

If you're saying it's terrible, it must be good.

8. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Why yes, yes I would like to hear about the issues you've found. You know, the issues that flew over >12th level intellect Luthor's head. The issues which one of the smartest people on Earth -12 managed to overlook, despite dedicating years of effort to the situation. Those issue, yes, please tell me all about them.

>12th level intellect Luthor believes what the Answer is saying. And you spoke quite fondly of Luthor not too long ago:

So, why is one of the smartest people in the universe suddenly so mistaken? Wouldn't he realize who and what the Answer is? Wouldn't he have thought of all these issues, carefully weighed them, and come to a conclusion? He's the vice president, and Slade's administration is knees-deep in this situation, so he's had plenty of time and reason to think about it.

It's not like we have better information than him; we have a first person perspective of someone who's been in this universe for all of 6 hours, compared to the vice president of one of the largest countries in the world.
    And we're certainly not smarter than him, unless anyone here likes to build schizotech in their sleep and never mentioned it.

Tell us, what is this issue that we've somehow come up with, that one of the smartest people on Earth -12 didn't? How could we have thought of so many issues that such a brilliant person completely overlooked?

9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

That's quitter talk.

Also, I'd like a source on Lex Luthor -14 being a 12th level intellect, because I'm fairly confident that it didn't come from me. The last number I heard for Lex was 9th, and that was from Red Son. He won in Red Son.

10. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

Except, of course, for the many, many times he's been very, very wrong. Or the times he's lost. Heck, even in this situation, brute force isn't really going to help, because it's a people issue.

And IIRC, he's not really liberal.

11. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Lex Luthor #.... something, is >12th as per this famous scene.

Lex Luthor #-14 is >12th as per Vaermina.

12. Mr Zoat

Lex Luthor claims to be overqualified in that scene. We never get independent verification.

Drode, Vorian, Prince Charon and 8 others like this.
  13. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

From the gist of things, that’s likely something Vaer pulled out of no where and people are throwing it back in his face because he doesn’t like that Paul is helping bad people.

I enjoyed how this one went down. Paul has no real interest in either side getting the win they wanted (which he could have done if he really wanted to), so he opted for something he would have wanted overall, which is deescalation and returning of legal norms for most people.

So in a way, he’s putting things back into the normal status quo like the writers do in comic books.

Anyway, I don’t suppose you can give us more info on Answer? Are they some spirit or mage that tells people the Truth, with disregard for the consequences?

Drode, Alexandercctv, BR549 and 8 others like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

What makes you think there's anything else to say? The Answer features in two segments, one of which you've seen. The Answer really likes subtle, behind the scenes action and is disdainful of open brutality.

15. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

We've had interludes from Red Paul, Indigo Paul, and Anti-Green Paul in the last few episodes. If the chapter in the middle of this episode didn't count, we're probably getting an interlude of Blue Paul at the end of this episode, unless Zoat decided not to do the obvious.

16. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

So did Luthor just agree to let the Answer assassinate President Wilson? Because I'm having a hard time reading that any other way.

17. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

Well, obviously- open violence is never the Answer, After all~

Vorian, erebus1994, Simonbob and 13 others like this.
  18. Ej190

Ej190 Making the rounds.

That was bad and you should feel bad.

19. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Compared to the comics pretty much everything in JLAU is pretty weaksauce. The entire JLAU seems to have a lower baseline power level than the comics. Darkseid of the comics is a literal god and when you're interacting with him you're really interacting with his avatar. Darkseid of the JLAU is roughly the same power level as their nerfed Superman unless he's on Apocalypse.

Hell, unless I'm getting universes mixed up he got his ass kicked by Supergirl within her first month on Earth. (Not that Supergirl is by any means weak, but she was very untrained and very unused to her powers at the time.)

He is NEVER going to live that down.

.....Is that supposed to be the evil counterpart to The Question or to Deadman? I mean....that's Deadman's power, but the personality is more like an evil-ish Question.

BR549 and inglorius like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Technically, no. But yes.
    Kara foiled one of his schemes, but I only remember her fighting Furies.

21. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

It looks more like the Question, given the blank-mask aspect of the possession and the names. Earth-16 Question demonstrated supernatural abilities, albeit psychometry rather than possession, in his appearance, so it’s not much of a stretch that the Answer can do something in the same vein.

It looks like things are coming to an end soon, which I think seems a bit rushed; Renegade had a two-parter for his parallel-universe shenanigans so I can’t help but feel Paragon should have the same, and there’s a lot of mileage left in exploring the Syndicate-Earth setting given the complicated dynamics involved.
    While Talon’s actions make sense, they seem really abrupt in the narrative since I think there’s no prior set-up for that at all.
    I do still understand people being apathetic towards alternate-universe events since they can often be very skippable with no impact on the primary storyline, especially with the mess that this particular reality is in.

Will Paragon take the Star Sapphire back? It’s a bit irritating to see Dame Ferris attack the person who rescued and newly empowered her like this, though it’s understandable in the situation.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    KillingYouNicely and Lord Ernest like this.
  22. Legend of Ruina

Legend of Ruina Moderator

I mean we all know how well the Question assassinating Luthor went in the original continuity. I suspect his opposite isn’t likely to do much better against Slade.

23. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Slade Wilson is not nearly as smart or capable as Luthor, and I doubt Answer will let him talk.

24. WorstMirari

WorstMirari the girl in blue

finally caught back up! this has been a dope arc

Alexandercctv likes this.
  25. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

We do get empirical verification that he is at least a class-12 intellect, since he survived the thing only class-12 intellects and up can survive. He may not be overqualified, but if he was underqualified he'd be dead or worse.

Alexandercctv and Vaermina like this.
  26. inglorius

inglorius Getting sticky.

It's kinda ironic that ultimately people lives were saved by the villains who decided to involve OL in their little incident. Did they got hit with a Common Sense beam from a bleed rift or something?
    I'm a bit dissapointed by lack of Best Snake time, but these dickheads were not worty of it presense, after all.

Ngamer11 and erebus1994 like this.
  27. Mr Zoat

I don't know about 'surviving'. He reappears briefly, then disappears with Darkseid.

28. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

And before that, he conceived them as Thor villains and wanted to have Ragnarok. Hence why Highfather looks like an off branded Odin.

But Marvel Said no, so The King took his ball to DC.....who then said no as well.

As much as I respect and enjoy Kirby, Marvel Thor is my second favorite character only behind the Hulk, so I am glad he wasn't permanently killed off before I was even born.

...Though that would have saved me from being chastised for completely ignoring Lady thor, or Whor as she quickly became known as.

Amazing, gay boy don't care about new incredibly shilled female character (She's better with the hammer then Thor ever was! Yeah, okay Marvel. Still can't figure out how to get characters over after 60 years?) who replaced his favorite?

And their bullshit cost me Kid Loki. That one actually bothered me.

29. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

I think Lex from Universe 12 was merged with Brainiac for a while, so he might have had a boost from that. I don’t know if that sort of merger happened with the Justice Underground Lex though.

A quick google search is uncertain about 12’s fate. Some argue he merged with the equation/source and others argue that he and Darkseid vanished into universes unknown. IMHO Timm likely had a plot he wanted to run, but he was kicked off of CN and DC in general.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  30. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Apparently, there's a quote by Dwayne McDuffie that Darkseid and Lex ended up fused with the Source Wall, "the same fate as all who solve the Anti-Life Equation" or something to that effect.

Unfortunately, I can't find this quote. The links to it that I've found are dead and the website it was on appears to be gone.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.