1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Caerwen, Drode and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  2. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

You're more likely to end up in hell this way, its one thing to acknowledge other gods, but its a major sin to worship them.

Jaron, WhiteNoise, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Maybe in Christianity, but the Ten Commandments don’t say “you will not worship any other gods”, but “you will not hold any other gods above me” or something like that. It probably changed sometime though.

Basically you can believe in and worship other gods, so long as you believe that the Christian god is above them all and worship him the most.

4. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Ah, but then you have a much more active and spiteful Greek deity in the inferior position. It's very much a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." scenario.

5. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Eh, Aphrodite is willing to put up with a lot in the pursuit of a ship: so when the catholic schoolgirl comes asking for love powers to match the boy she's crushing, I could see Aphrodite starting a war to help, much less not demand total supplication.

6. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

Honestly, if I were in OL's position, I'd give serious thought to leaving it behind. Thing's dangerous enough that keeping it in another reality isn't a bad idea, even if it does throw away a potential resource.

It's a bit like a fusion powered motorcycle. Lots of power, might not be a good idea to keep in your garage.

7. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

This is very very incorrect.

There is one god. There are numerous examples of in the bible of when other cults and religions started popping up. It never ended well.

It was never excusable as long as god was number one. Christianity is kinda a all or nothing deal.

8. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Given that the Predator isn't currently in it...I'd say once the Star is destroyed/lost...another will simply be created.

9. Aeess

I am pretty sure that the Israelits were explicitly forbidden of taking part in other religions.

Jaron, Belenus and Cuchulin like this.
  10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Interesting first result of google search:
    http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/db0_onegod.htm
    Might be a questionable / biased source though. Especially the section on other Old Testament gods, with it saying the original versions of the Bible refer to, for example, Lucifer being the son of god and the Dawn, etc... or phrases like Sun and Moon bow down before Him.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Eh, i'd check out the History Channels Banned from the Bible which talks about "Biblical" texts written by both Early Christians and Ancient Jews that were left out of the "final" versions of both religions holy texts like (if I remember correctly) a expanded version of the book of Daniel as well as a expanded alternate version of the story of Adam and Eve.

12. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The Wikipedia article on Monolatrism also mentions that the Israeli people before the 6th century BCE worshipped more than one god. Also that a lot of things are written in the Old Testament where other cults can in fact use the powers of other gods, including the Pharaoh’s Sorcerors also being able to turn their staves into snakes using their gods’ powers in the Moses story, but that Yawheh’s Power is always greater and more impressive than theirs. Those cults are then usually defeated. Though I guess that’s still not evidence that you can worship them, just that they exist, according to the Bible.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Nobody knows whether or not the Predator is currently in it.

Paul never checked.

14. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yes, Paul checked it.

15. Aeess

Paul literally had a bunch of Atlantean researchers and Constantine study it, so they could create the staff, youd think one of them would have mentioned the godlike being living inside it.

Alexandercctv, Ardy, Cuchulin and 8 others like this.
  16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

That would be Nabu, actually, in the comics.

Nabu was court magician for Ramses, and he fought the Spectre when he showed up to get his smite on.

Nabu lost that battle.

I believe that's the storyline that revealed that the Presence created the Lords of Order and Chaos. Spectre had a snit about Nabu opposing him, something like "How dare you, a lord of Order made by the one that I serve, interfere with my appointed duties?"

BBJimmy, Ardy, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And how many of those are experts on the emotional spectrum?

Oh that's right, none.

18. Aeess

Yeah, its not like Constantine ever turned a succubus into a violet light elemental.

Jaron, BBJimmy, WhiteNoise and 13 others like this.
  19. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

It doesn't take a expert to discern whether you have the equivalent of a idling nuclear reactor sitting inside of a fist-sized crystal.

Also, OL brought Hinon, a expert on and manufacturer of emotional spectrum tech, to Earth. She examined the Earth in detail, including specifically the site where the Star Sapphire was hidden on the moon. I can't remember if she specifically examined the Sapphire itself, but if it had left any trace at all, she would have noticed.

Also, OL handed the stone to a experienced user of Violet light. Someone who received training for withstanding and using artifacts like the Star Sapphire. And then promptly used it, for a good while.

Emotional Embodiments are not subtle, 'dormancy' nonsense nonwithstanding. If that thing was holding one of the greatest energy beings in the universe like a can of condensed pink lemonade, all of these people would have noticed it.

20. RGFJ

RGFJ Know what you're doing yet?

I wanted to see Lightseid

Jaron, Vorian, BBJimmy and 7 others like this.
  21. Prosecutor-0

Prosecutor-0 Getting out there.

Not seen that phrase before... should it be "paid"?

22. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

23. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

An obvious question would be why the Answer didn't just do this months ago, but I'm guessing they couldn't. Luthor had to agree; it had to be a real conspiracy for the Answer's reality-warping abilities to work.

24. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

I was already howling for Zoat to kill Wilson since earlier this episode, so too late.
    Good riddance.

Oops, did you mean the other way?

protoss16 and Gantradies like this.
  25. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Either you're not Christian or you never paid attention in church. There is more to Christianity than the Ten Commandments. A lot more. For instance, this tidbit from Matthew 6:24: "No man can serve two masters: for either he. will hate the one, and love the other; or else. he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

In short, no, you cannot "believe in and worship other gods". The Christian god is a jealous god. Heck, he even describes himself in those exact terms in a few verses.

I'm not sure he would exist in any universe. Gods and Monsters is the closest we got to seeing a nice Darkseid, and he was A) still Darkseid and B) killed.

Also, in the comics New Genesis and Apokalypse exist in their own reality. They occasionally visit/invade other realities. If that still holds true in JLAU then they wouldn't have opposites in a morality reversed reality. I'm not sure how Zoat's treating it for this story.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Jaron, RGFJ, Belenus and 1 other person like this.
  26. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Mr Zoat.

What are the ranks of each respective Paul in their Lantern Corps?

Of the top of my head:

Original Paul: Illustres, First Lantern.
    ThatsnotGrayven: First Lantern, Lantern commander?
    I don't believe Grayven delegated as much power to Dril Dox, so I am not sure.

Baul: Scrub, not part of the blue diamond core (maybe they exist?)
    Raul: Higher than sector lantern, so maybe honor guard?
    Slaul: Slave animal of the anti green lanterns, senior member as he is the one with the most experience.
    Timetraper crisis of infinite earths Paul: In a time loop getting stronger and stronger with the Red Queen, an amalgamation of all the Jades (lots of non boring ones), still no formal rank.
    Common sense Paul: No lantern corps yet? Also probably weak as fuck because of risk adverse behavior.

The purple one that no one cares about.
    Did i miss anyone?

27. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Avatar snek priest Paul & assorted other backup dancers from the Fool's Canon stories?

28. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

on another re-read binge again

man, i miss the assimilated construct, i think the only one still inside Paul ring is the Hellwraith, the cat and all the pile of glutton demon are gone now

Vorian, Ardy and Belenus like this.
  29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

He technically still has the Saremite and Morrow, he just doesn't want to use them. I'm pretty sure Morrow lives with Red Tornado and not in the ring.

Ardy and Chaoswind like this.
  30. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Unless something really dramatic happens in the future, the death of Teekl will remain, to me, the greatest tragedy in this story until the very end. That cat was... that cat was special and the way she went out... she didn't deserve it...

You were a good kitty Teekl and you will be missed.

Jormuungaand, PDV, WargWolf and 17 others like this.