1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Wilson was definitely not the type of guy Oh El would drink a beer with.

Prince Charon, Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  2. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

He wouldn't even transmute the beer to apple juice.

Prince Charon likes this.
  3. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

I mean, the song says he would.

4. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

I'm not sure why he hasn't assimilated another one by now. Having a demonic Von Neumann swarm around was handy in several situations, especially large scale or chaotic battles.

5. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Agreed, best Kitty is missed by all.

Agreed, it the Fatty swam was often useful due to their ability to eat energy.

6. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

I don't think he's had another chance to assimilate a gluttony demon, but I think he decided that even demons don't deserve to be assimilated at some point.

Ardy, Vorian, Alexandercctv and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, just Illustres.
    First Lantern.
    No, he's still Clarissi. It's just a less significant rank.
    As far as he knows he's the only one.
    Technically, no. Atrocitus hasn't really adopted a rank structure. Once they've had their blood-pool dunk they're left to their own devices.
    Currently the only one, as far as anyone knows. In any case they're supposed to be slaves. None of them would be given authority by the Weaponers.
    Doesn't have a ring at the moment.
    No, I imagine that he's created the Corps by now. Actually, given that Jordan is training him he might have started it earlier.
    No Corps.

MissingMind, Drode, WargWolf and 14 others like this.
  8. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

You missed the Sybarite, and Earth's Mightiest Lantern, but I doubt either of them have corps.

But he had to stay in solar system for a year like Paul did, so it couldn't be that much earlier unless he got another ring and recruited while still stuck on Earth.

I recently reread the section where he lost them. This is his reasoning:

9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

As far as we currently know Hinon did not specially examine the Star Sapphire.

And no they would not have noticed if it was dormant, because it's canon to the comics that more powerful/skilled versions of these Hero's were unable too.

10. Mr Zoat

Yes, he'd be stuck on Earth. But while Guy was waiting for his medical leave to end Jordan was flying about the Sector and beyond. It wouldn't be hard for him to get a message to Maltus.

11. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

But wouldn't the Controllers still wait for Paul to show up and wake Hinon to then proceed with the Corps? In my opinion, is not like Jordan would be able to make a better first impression or argument to the Controllers so that they would move their asses to Earth themselves, right?

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  12. Mr Zoat

Jordan -an agent of the Guardians- going to Maltus and making a bad impression might be enough to make them overcome their reticence. Alternately, Huvah Jeddigar might decide to investigate on his own recognisance.

WargWolf, Bramble Thorn, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  13. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Teekl best kitteh eva.

Paul needs to get his hands on some plane shift technology so he can find and befriend a parallel version of Teekl.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Except the one he’s having sex with, am I right?!?

c3qo, EvenMaster80 and DrThoth like this.
  15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Just checked the TOC, looks like we'll get the Earth 12 omakes we want. I hope Paul 12 will just go WTF when he learns what Paragon!OL did to JL 12.

Edit: Mr Zoat, most of the new chapter on the Story Only is italicized.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Threadmarks: Doppelgängered (part 25)
    Mr Zoat

5th February
    21:53 GMT -5

"Why the long face, Orange?"

Mister Scott makes an expression of benevolent puzzlement, his arms held up in a gesture of appeal.

"The President's dead, and I made it happen."

He shrugs. "He might pull through. They haven't announced-."

I glare at him, and he has the decency to stop talking. "And I've managed to make an enemy of a Justice League variant I actually know."

He looks away from me for a moment. "The Don's probably going to want to go to the funeral."

"Oh yes, very respectful. The whole point of the Answer killing him like this was so that it can't be traced to Syndicate activity-. Actually, why didn't the Answer do that weeks ago? Why did he need me-?"

"Sometimes, violence isn't the Answer."

The.. man himself walks into the room, dressed in a more traditional anti-Question costume of white coat, hat and trousers, the Eye of Providence pin on his lapel. While I can see him in empathic vision, none of what I'm seeing really makes any sense. There's little emotion, and the tiny unreadable flecks there are don't appear to be connected to anything.

"Seems like it was here. I talked no one around. Luthor only agreed with you because I outfought everyone he had with him."

The Answer shakes his head. "Don't underestimate Luthor. If you hadn't undermined his belief in the absolute evil of the Syndicate by making peaceful overtures, he would have been quite prepared to die for his cause. He had to accept the Answer in order for these events to unfold."

"And you couldn't do this in some other way?"

"A math problem in an exam is written to have one correct Answer."

"Yes..?"

"If the problem is complex, a far smaller proportion of students will give that Answer than will give a different, incorrect Answer. Having you here allowed us to.. phrase the question in a way which would lead to the Vice President giving the correct Answer, rather than continuing with Slade Wilson's wrong Answer. You are still dissatisfied."

"Of course I am."

"If you were waiting for a certain Answer-."

"I could have removed him from office without killing him."

"Perhaps. But this will motivate the Made Men to accept the change in their working conditions more easily than they would if they believed that the President would pursue them."

"I don't-." Zatanna walks in, two books floating alongside her. One has runes stitched into the leather-bound cover, while the other is more mundane. "Ready to go?"

She looks at the Answer and Mister Scott, then nods. "More than ready."

The Answer nods, while Mister Scott smiles and waves. "You kids take care, now. Don't do anything I would!"

Zatanna traces a circle around me with the Staff, while-. Huh. "Mister Scott?"

He makes a dismissive motion with his right hand. "Ah, call me 'Al'."

"We're going home using a government-owned facility."

"Yeah?"

"You realise that that means that Luthor knows where we are. And how to contact me."

His face falls slightly-.

Zatanna taps the staff against the floor. "Teg su tuo fo ereh."

Mist coils around us, and when it falls again we're just outside Mount Justice. There's a military cordon, and the formerly concealed main entrance is wide open. Great, right, now we can go home-.

"How old are you?"

"Huh?"

Zatanna isn't quite looking at me. "I thought it was strange, how every other member of the team was the same age as the versions here and you weren't. And then I remembered that your ring lets you change how you look." She looks up, meeting my eyes. "You told us it was the first thing you did with it. I didn't really think anything of it, but… You're not younger, are you? You're the same age." Her eyes widen. "That's why-. Oh.. God, it all makes sense now. Who-? Who knows?"

"I told Jade. I'd be surprised if Diana and Batman aren't suspicious. That's it."

"Oh God, I was-. Why did you even..?"

"I honestly hadn't realised how young Diana and.. the rest of you thought I was. Not until she tried sending me to school. And then… I.. panicked, and said what I thought I needed to in order to stay on the team."

"I knew you acted older, but I just thought-. Thought you were being British, or.. it was because you thought you had to because everyone on the team was younger than you."

"No."

"Hehhah." She laughs nervously. "Artemis said she thought it was weird that you found her mom attractive. I didn't think-."

"There were women Paula's age I found attractive when I actually was-."

We… Don't look at each other for a moment.

"So. What now?"

I shrug. "We find Gubbins and go home. With regards to my age, I'd rather not tell people, but if you want to that's okay. Just give me a little warning."

"No, if you.. don't want to tell people, that's up to you." She doesn't say anything for a moment. "If you'd told me, I-." She cuts herself off. "I want to say I wouldn't have been so attracted to you, but.. Zorina.. married.. you. So… That's not true."

"I'm more similar to Blue than you are to her. But yes, I see where you're coming from, and you may well be right. I'm sorry."

"Hey." We look up at the man in the dull blue overalls. Gubbins, I assume. And the circle of soldiers with their weapons nearly raised. "The VeePee phoned ahead, but I don't really want a couple of Syndicate stooges in my new workshop. So get moving and get lost."

I nod. Doesn't really matter how much of that he heard if neither party ever wants to see the other again. "Certainly. If you'll show us the way?"

He floats up on some sort of gravity repulsor harness and heads towards the entrance-.

Dame Carol lands in front of us.

Gubbins grimaces. "Star, I wanna get them out of here. If you wanna have a duel or whatever-."

"No. This will take but a moment."

He drifts to the side and she approaches me.

"What can I do for you?"

"The war here is over, and my obligation to President Wilson discharged. But you freed me, rearmed me and spared me in combat, and so now I have an obligation to you."

"That's fine, don't worry."

She looks mildly offended. "My honor is not so light a matter."

"You can pay me back if I ever come back here?"

"You have been clear that you do not intend to come back. It would be inadequate repayment."

Oh… What can I-?

"You're aware that people who are villains here tend to be heroes on my own parallel? And the reverse?"

She nods. "Yes."

"How would you feel about a trip to Zamaron Sixteen?"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  17. Mr Zoat

If I fix it before you post them it doesn't count.

18. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

It
    inadequate

Wheenesss and Mr Zoat like this.
  19. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh look, the star sapphire is coming back. I guess that means that the Predator, that isn't actually in it, won't make the entire universe lose all love and spontaneously explode for no good reason.

20. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Now now, it's not solely your fault...

But it can help push people into the right conclusion?

So, supremely centered, or artificially focused.

Not a big fan of predestination. But if you're arranging it so it seems that way... Is it really?

Nice touch, how he capitalises the word 'answer', and talks as if he's answering unasked questions...

Heh, nice.

Zatanna traces a circle around me with the Staff, while-.

"In other words, run."

Zatanna taps the staff against the floor. "Teg su tuo of ereh."

Ack!

From the mouths of babes... Might have known she'd cotton on.

"I honestly hadn't realised how young Diana and..

Yeah, that's a bit of a conversation-killer.

Zorina's circumstances are very different.

'stooges', unless that's some sort of accent.

Ah, old-school chivalry.

"You have been clear that you do not intend to come back. It would be inadequte repayment."

Transdimensional Roadtrip!

Well, this could be interesting. And we get to find out what happens with Paul-12? Nice.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  21. liger0

liger0 Getting out there.

So, I assume the next arc we'll be going to Zamaron to hopefully peacefully contact the Zamarons and maybe get them up to speed with the Guardians and Controllers with using actual power rings instead of plugging an ersatz lantern power battery into a person and hoping for the best. One other thing, it doesn't seem like Zatanna has completely given up on OL.

22. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Who's Gubbins?

Drode likes this.
  23. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Gizmo.

Alexandercctv, Mr Zoat, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  24. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wonder why this Zatanna didnt freak out about this whole massaging her in the middle of the night thing, like eros Zatanna did. But I suppose that she had more time to think about it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Jaron, Finerc, Wheenesss and 4 others like this.
  25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

26. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

(serious or sufficiently funny answers only, please) What role would an organized Star Sapphire corp play in a galaxy with a competent Green Lantern police force and an Orange Lantern military? Assuming this proposed reformation in 16 goes without a hitch.

27. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Gubbins is Gizmo -14.

(A "gubbin" is basically the Britishism for something we colonials would call a "gizmo".)

28. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Ohohohoho.i wonder what Will come out of this detour.

29. caspian1a

caspian1a Versed in the lewd.

I think 'of ereh' is meant to be 'fo ereh'

30. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.