1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Renegade-Adom could conceivably give Circe the Amulet of Isis- Renegade should at least be aware of Adrianna’s existence and power source. Though Circe actually might not want to rely on another connection to a goddess for power in favor of having more autonomy, even if it’s less power in the short-term (which would be good character development for her, in my opinion).

I can’t imagine Black Manta getting together with Clea would endear him to Kaldur any further, though I do like these normally-villain romantic pairings going on. I wonder if Morgaine le Fay will be interested in anyone- Talbot could be an interesting prospect. It does make me sad for Paragon-Circe though.

Nice to see they’re not unprepared to deal with the inevitable new Lord of Chaos that pops up everytime Renegade gets rid of the old one, though you’d think they’d try to get one they can work with like Paragon did. Hopefully the Sword of the Fallen doesn’t get destroyed or lost or something because it’s too narratively convenient right now (I’d have liked to see Paragon commissioning some kind of replacement from the forge gods and getting it empowered by one of the deities or high-level sorcerers he’s on good terms with).

2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Looks like Black Manta is getting bored.

That is a fascinating combination. I wonder how it tastes to local palates.

"You sure you don't have any missions for me?

And frankly, keeping the new rulers dependent on us for defence...

I'm not one to.. wax lyrical about the wonders of the free market security...

Less worried about managing the paperwork, I bet.

Indeed. He's a good one.

Still thinking like a supervillian...

Oh, dear.

Less 'personnel', more 'personal'. :p

I take it it's been a while since he thought about dating, eh?

MEh, it's just a Lord of Chaos. Grayven's already dealt with two. May as well make it a hat trick.

...and I'd be a heel to involve myself."

I repeat my comment about dating. :D

Ha! Some fun slice-of-life stuff going on with Grayven, I see.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Not unless other people show up with the same symptoms. Remember that Diana doesn't show up much orange light and he hasn't tried to 'repair' her.

4. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    There isn't an SI in the Amazon Boys' setting, only the comic setting.
    We don't call them that here.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, it came up when Grayven first introduced himself. He just assumed that he'd be the assertive party.

5. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

There's a big difference between "not much" and "totally absent due to something in the brain not working right."
    Missing chunks of the emotional spectrum is also one of the signs of anti-life exposure.

6. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

This:
    Plus, remember, Paul actually tried active brain stimulation via power ring. And it didn't work. This is an ongoing effect of unknown nature that actively prevents someone from connecting to parts of emotional spectrum. Quite different from someone not having much specific emotional light color in their soul.

7. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Dude. A Supervillain bureaucrat...what could be more terrifying?

Prince Charon, Alexandercctv and Ardy like this.
  8. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Remember how Bane got his father's phone number when he'd taken Paul prisoner?

Do we know what's been going on with Calculator?

9. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

isn't queen clea only subtly rejuvenated and still look like, 80?

Ardy likes this.
  10. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Why should that stop her? She has needs.

Unless you're implying that she can't pull a different trope.

Alexandercctv, Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, I've been looking through your old posts, and one of them said we would see Anita Fite aka Empress by Year 2 or 3. Is she still in the cards for the story? Also, will Sinthia, Grayven's right hand woman, show up? You said she'd be Tamaranian in this story.

DrThoth likes this.
  12. Mr Zoat

The initial rejuvenation was subtle. However, divine awakening is gradually dragging her back towards 30.
    Yes.
    Given that she's Grayven's right hand woman, she's probably wherever Grayven is.

Ngamer11, ninguem, Drode and 9 others like this.
  13. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I also can't wait for Arisia Rrab to appear. She's set to appear some time this year in-universe.

Edit: She's not going to become smitten with OL, is he? If yes, better him than Jordan.

Edit 2: Reread the post, she is set to appear a few weeks after Zatanna's birthday, meaning soon.

DAT_NOOB, Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  14. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Couldn't Grayven try to create his own Lord of Chaos, I mean he has all of Klarions knowledge and that should include the method to become a Lord of Chaos, he also mentioned that he would make good use of his knowledge before he murdered him. That would not only give him another powerful ally/minion, but also remove the problem of being forced to kill one only for them to be replaced by another since a new place is free. If he lacks any fitting sorcerers he could just use his Klarion Construct Lantern, that way he wouldn't have to worry about loyalty, and we already know from Nabu that there isn't a problem with being a construct and a Lord of Order/Chaos at the same time.

15. Mr Zoat

Probably, but why would he want to? There are plenty of people around who are about as powerful and who aren't as unpleasant to work with.

16. Aeess

To decrease the amount of hostile Lords of Chaos. There can only be a few on earth at the same time, at the moment he kills one genocidal asshole and another genocidal asshole takes their place. Much easier to fill the place yourself and stop more from coming to earth.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  17. DrThoth

It does mean an end to replacement Chaos Lords repeatedly popping up; they’ve dealt with them so far but considering the powers involved it’s best to be cautious. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect Chaos forces to eventually notice what’s happening and temporarily cooperate to show this uppity New God why you don’t mess with Chaos. (Ninja’d).

Also, Shouldn’t the Witch Hunters have showed up at the same point in the Renegade timeline? And Xalitan Xor too (I believe someone else asked about this but I don’t recall a response).

I suppose you can portray the Lords of Order however you like, and their seeming lack of current awareness or knowledge of the status of Nabu in both timelines does fit their whole endless-bureaucracy and overly traditional aspect; it’s just a shame not to see any wholly positive and competent individuals (Hawk and Dove’s patrons come to mind)- I’m not counting Welsh John/Golden Boy since I can’t see that ending well.

Vorian, Pinklestia and Aeess like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

He is decreasing them!
    Or they'll send one who isn't an arsehole. Or they'll stop bothering.

19. Aeess

They probably did, but Unlike his paragon counterparts Grayven didn't reek of Chaos Magic and didn't attract their attention. They probably just ended up talking to some locals about it and found out that Klarion is dead.

20. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Grayven has a fully operational high grade interdiction field in the Sol system. Xor escape pod either jumped elsewhere, or he is a smear of atoms.

21. Mr Zoat

Renegade Xor's ship never malfunctioned. He's in prison right now.

22. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

AHA! So it wasn’t an assassination attempt! It was an actual accident! The plot thickens!

Pinklestia and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Missing closing quote.

Arisia has already appeared in the story.

DrThoth and Mr Zoat like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

25. DrThoth

I’m confused as to why this would be the case given that the same things should have happened in both timelines and I can’t see how any of Renegade’s actions would have directly or indirectly changed the ship malfunctioning, unless rogue Citadelians or Grayven made their way to the Alignment or something.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

The Boys don't get superpowers and all "supers" just get defeated by guns.

If anything, it undermines the point of the Boys existing as it looks like any armed forced with guns could have taken care of the "problem" decades ago.

Also, avoid the Boys, it doesn't have any likeable characters at all.

27. Mr Zoat

Thing is, in the comics it was about fear and proportional retaliation. They did kill supers with guns on several occasions, but killing them wasn't always the aim. And when the final battle happened it was mostly the regular military that did the killing.
    The problem is that most people don't think there is a problem. Supers have excellent PR and people who go around tidying things up when they make a public mess. Sure, the President could in theory order the nationalisation of Vought American, but equally Vought American could order the Homelander to 'take care of this' or order one of the Red River people in the Secret Service to 'take care' of the President.
    What about Wee Hughie's parents? Or Annie?

28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I think that's the exact opposite of "the plot thickens"

29. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

....... I wonder which one is doing more to detail boss smiley. I think it's Renegrayven.

30. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Did Paul ever follow up on that?

When?