1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Huh. Honestly, I never actually thought of any of that. Or realized that the team exists as a way to get around the UN charter that binds the League.

That's some well-honed common sense, right there!

2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Pretty much, yeah. Unfortunately for Queen Beena, she doesn't have common sense. OTOH, CS-Paul is likely to behave rather differently on this matter than Grayven or ParaPaul, if they even meet the Logans in the first place, so Bialya might not loose its queen in the CS timeline.

Also, Queen Bee only committed Ankh-Morpork suicide because she wanted to get revenge on M'Gann. If she doesn't want to emotionally hurt someone she associates with the Logans, she won't try to get Marie killed.

3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Did she though? Or was she forced to?

4. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Was mentioned in the original chapters for these events.

DrThoth likes this.
  5. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I brought up Common-Sense Paul fairly randomly but it’s nice to see an update for him, though I agree with an above poster that gathering intel on a potential threat is worth the mission even if you can’t directly publicize the gathered information.

I suppose things I’d like to see from Common-Sense Paul: scan Red Arrow for completeness’ sake and discover his mole/clone status; make sure the Genomorphs don’t use demonic magic and have a magical consultant or supervisor (from Atlantis seems reasonable); actually do something about Lexcorp (scry wards shouldn’t be as prevalent in this timeline, I believe).

6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Hmm, if Bialya is not a part of the UN, and isn't required to allow UN representatives like the JL in the country, does that also mean they don't have UN protections?

If so, couldn't OL just conquer the place by killing Queen Bee and smashing up their schizo-tech?

Thank you for that.

7. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Then he'd have to run the place. Also, it doesn't seem like a Common Sense thing to do.

Grayven or ParaPaul might, but again, then they'd have to run it.

8. Buggy123

I can't read, as it turns out.

Also, what does any of this say? What are all these squiggly lines?

9. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

True, but surely he could ask for UN help in running it, and in setting it up as a secular democracy, and running elections? He could be the figurehead King, with power of veto over laws and legal judgements.

10. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Bialya is a member of the UN; I distinctly remember seeing Queen Bee speaking at the podium in one of the Cat-Grant-reporting bits.

Being a member of the UN doesn't mean you have to let their representatives do jack or squat,though.

Drode, Vorian, Bramble Thorn and 6 others like this.
  11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

They are indeed a member of the UN, in season 3 they showed their representative to the UN. He actually had the nerve to complain about there not being any Bialyan members of the Justice League, only to get the response to the effect of "It would help if you had any metahumans who aren't wanted criminals."

Which reminds me I still think it's a shame the YJ writers didn't include Queen Bee recruiting the Global Guardians.

They are not a signatory to the Justice League charter though, I get the impression that the JL is only allowed in the signatory countries.

Drode, Vorian, Prince Charon and 3 others like this.
  12. Buggy123

There's less than 10 people in the JL. You could count the countries they're from on one hand. That's a ridiculous complaint.

Jaron, Drode, Vorian and 4 others like this.
  13. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Now I'm just trying to remember what Artemis could be pissed about.

14. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

Bit of an old one I noticed while reading some of the story only thread. Page 46.

"This little star cluster is called the Vega Systems. It's unusually, because-."

Should be "unusual" I believe.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  15. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

It's a complaint addressed in this fic. What's the term OL used? The Just Us League. Bunch o' MURICANS, some space aliens and peeps from hidden magical kingdoms like Atlantis or Themyscira? For something backed by the UN as a whole that's kinda dumb, and I'm not going to blame a representative of a country for backing one of their own over pointing that out in general.

16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Just a small nitpick-

According to the wiki, Alienated in season two established that the Justice League had 21 active members.

In Season Three, while I don't know how many active members they have, Steel is designation 36 in the zeta beam system.

You do remember that Bialya is run by a supervillain who coordinates supervillain operations out of her country right?

So I guess I'm more judgmental than you, because yes, I do totally blame a guy who works for a supervillain regime that won't even let the Justice League operate in their country for whining about not getting to play too.

Drode, Vorian, Prince Charon and 9 others like this.
  17. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

If I recall, Queen Bee was only suicidally stupid in the Renegade timeline when she got popped by that stealth drone.

I think Zoat at one point clarified that she wasn't actually being suicidally stupid when she got killed by Adom in the Paragon timeline. That she unconsciously released her pheromones as a fear response, unintentionally provoking him into flipping his shit and going way the fuck overboard by ripping her in goddamn half.

Jaron, Drode, Vorian and 6 others like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Amusingly, Sumaan Harjavti is dead is both SI and Renegade timelines.
    No, they can go there. They just can't do anything in an official capacity. Or to put it another way, they would have exactly the same level of authority that all of them started their careers with.
    Explained tomorrow.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Yes, and they're still virtually all Americans.

19. Bolo

Bolo Know what you're doing yet?

Still waiting for our Lantern to do something about that evil government in Power in England.

Prince Charon, DAT_NOOB and Ardy like this.
  20. Huttj509

Huttj509 Getting sticky.

Not quite. Scans like that have 2 uses:

a) finding out what's up. The team has better tools to do so that they've already been using.
    b) evidence, for when those other tools aren't admissible or convincing to someone else.

They already did A with ring/telepath, and are planning to follow up with more ring/telepath scans. B is irrelevant. Thus, the instruction of "use these instruments to take scans" isn't useful to them, unless there's something else going on (such as specifically testing the equipment, or the team's ability to follow instructions even when redundant, or the teams' ability to recognize redundant instructions and improvise).

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  21. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

"32 stab wounds in the back, worst case of suicide I ever saw." Technically, isn't it the Shades suicide? Might be too obscure like that, tho.

Wild Transient, Navi-Hank and Ardy like this.
  22. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

gotta love that exceptionalism.
    just like the new 52
    *sips tea hypocritically*

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Who offed him? And why?

24. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

He was executed for treason.
    Hypocritically? He you founded a superhero team?

25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

You forget that making deals with Darkseid never ever ends well.

Prince Charon and Wild Transient like this.
  26. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

One in-universe explanation is that superheroes are a mainly American phenomenon. They exist in other countries, but far, far fewer people as a percentage of the population have an urge to put on a costume and deal private justice. Paul has mentioned on multiple occasions that there are huge numbers of would-be vigilantes (they only get called 'superheroes' if they succeed) who get killed or arrested shortly after starting out, and that this is an American thing. And you need all those tries to find the wheat in the chaff. I'm sure there are plenty of people with powers in other countries, but many of them have no interest in becoming part of a... volunteer super-police/super-military/whatever the hell the League is.

27. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

It's hardly a new observation. All the way back in '92, Tiny Toon Adventures had a Paul Dini-penned short called "The Just-Us League of Supertoons." If a comics geek like Dini was referencing the term almost thirty years ago...

28. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

And this is in fact canon for this story. Perfect Immortal Physician or whatever his name was had to be convinced to join the JL by Paul, and we saw that Brazilian supermodel her was helping get better fire powers so she could apply.

I would like to see this league eventually go the route of JLU with scores of civilian employees handling intelligence, medical, etc.

29. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Paul dosing her with Danner Formula.

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

That didn't happen in the common sense timeline.

Its probably another flare up of pointy stick launcher being mostly useless, would be fun if the sphere overhears Paul and Artemis having a discussion about it and it decides to awaken Artemis to godhood... Even more so because Paul would probably ask the same to get rid of his magic weakness.