1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

MCU Spiderman Insert

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by 0Jordinio0, Aug 16, 2019.

1. 0Jordinio0

0Jordinio0 I'm told I give great hugs. Bear-tastic even.

So you wake up and find yourself, mind and body fused with that of Peter Parker of the MCU, age 12. At this point, Peter has already had his powers over a year and the body is already acclimated to the powers. You've got yourself Peter's base starting power, such as 25 tons lifting strength and such, alongside his genuis level intellect. Oh an his birth date in this AU was in 1998.

Where do you go from there? What plans do you make?

2. Stormbringer117

Stormbringer117 Soulless

Ok.
    You need to change the title ASAP.
    Because I came here expecting a fanfiction as this was in the creative writing board, and your title didn't subvert that expectation with an 'Ideas Thread' tagged on the end. So now I feel disappointment and sadness, neither conducive to an ideas thread.

3. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

So, it's 2010 in the MCU and I have spidey powers, and intelligence? I go introduce myself to Mr Stark. This is two years before the Loki Invasion. So, I'm going to see if Heimdall can send Thor down to talk.

4. 0Jordinio0

I don't mean to be insulting, but what kind of moron would literally title an Mcu Spiderman Insert story as that literally? I mean, sorry about getting your hopes up, but still.

Kaiserfrost and Coleray like this.
  5. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

I plan to go back and continue my many many other stories of which I only have one or two chapters of instead of starting something brand new?

6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

It's happened.

7. MasterOfDragonsGod

MasterOfDragonsGod Connoisseur.

Being Spiderman is suffering.

yhyhok and Silent Knight like this.
  8. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Age 12? Why the hell would you have the insertion start at that age? Either have it be a full blown reincarnated, or have it start around age 16. Also, I have never seen any interpretation of Spider-Man that has had him gain his powers at 11 years old.

Anyways, since I would be starting at such a young age, I think that I would start by trying to prepare. Specifically, start developing skills that could be important. I would start by developing an interest in martial arts. Specifically, some sort of striking one, not a grappling one. Although I would have to do some research on what places were close enough to learn from. I would also keep the interest in science. I would have a bit of a boost there from what 12 year old Peter has, due to having a physics degree, and hopefully the fact that children learn faster, compbined with his genius intellect, should let me learn pretty fast. Focusing primarily on physics and chemistry. It would be a long time before I would have either the resources or the knowledge to make anything useful, but I would have to start if I wanted to get anything out of it. If I had regular access to the internet, I doubt it since I would only be 12, but you never know, I would look up some things like detective work. Of course, I wouldn't spend all my time learning useful skills. That's just asking for burnout. But I would be spending a significant amount of time.

Also, very important, I would reveal my powers to Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Not keeping those a secret from them. And it could give me a good excuse for studying martial arts, I don't need to know how to control my strength. Also, being able to use my powers well at home. I wouldn't bring up the idea of being a super hero right away, but a couple years down the line, after the New York incident, I would. After all, I would have the power to do so. Of course, I wouldn't start immediately, but I would begin to prepare more. And work on my costume.

Once I finally had some resources, I would start working on the web formula. I would probably start by examining real spider webs and seeing if I could produce synthetic ones, and going from there. And, of course, building web shooters. After those, aside from working to improve them, I would see about getting some sort of light weight, flexible armor. If nothing else, I could develop a permanent version of the webs so that I would at least have protection from knives. As for my costume, I think that I would see if I could get something at least close to the classic Spider-Man look. It would probably be a bit improvised, and not look as good, but it should at least be better than the initial version MCU Peter had before Tony made him a new one.

Also, I would try to train my spider sense. And I would call it that, Peter tingle is a dumb name. In one of the what if comics, a version of Peter managed to train his spider sense to be incredibly good, even better than in the comics. I would want to see about improving my best power. Also, getting more experience with dodging could be pretty important.

My initial equipment would probably be web shooters, light flexible armor, and a first aid kit. I would generally try to get more gear, but there are obvious limiting factors. If possible, I would try to get a police radio and some sort of comms that I would make difficult to trace if I could. I would try to make spider trackers, but I wouldn't tie them to my spider sense, I would build a reciever for them instead.

I would, probably at the age of 15, reveal to Ned that I have powers. And stress that he has to keep it secret. To the point of not mentioning having ever met Spider-Man. After all, it's always valuable to have a guy in the chair to help you out. And he was enthusiastic about the idea in Homecomming, so I think he would like it here. And I wouldn't want to have to hide it from my friend if I didn't have to. Especially not if being a hero was anything like in the comics with how many appointments I would end up missing or being late to. Oh, and especially shortly before debuting as Spider-Man, I wouldn't just let any criminals go. I would try to trip them up if I could without revealing my powers, and call the cops if I couldn't. I do not want that aspect of Peter's origin on my conscience.

Well I would consider delaying my debut until post Civil War so I could avoid having to fight there, the connection to Iron Man is too important. Also, debuting before the Sokovia Accords are a thing feels like the right move to me. So I would debut earlier than that so I could get access to Stark Tech. Oh, and when given the suit, I would ask if there was some sort of training program or something to learn how to use it. The training wheels program may have had an insulting name, but I would rather go through it and actually know how my suit worked than bypass it and not have a clue.

I would not constantly call and annoy Happy. Instead, I would ask how often I need to check in and if there was anything I needed to do to report crime that I stopped. Not going to annoy him. As such, when it comes time to deal with the Vulture, I should be able to explain to him what I saw. Hopefully, my preparations and training should also improve how that first fight goes. If not, well, I should at least be able to stick a tracker on him and find out where his hideout is.

For Thanos, I'm pretty sure that most of the fight would go about the same. After all, only one in 14 million possibilities to win. And a bit more training on my part isn't going to improve our odds that much. As such, I would have to not web Star Lord's feet to the ground. Even if he didn't wake Thanos, Thanos would still have woken up, probably when the connection to the stones broke. And none of us had a large enough hand to use the gauntlet, so we would still have won. It would have just taken longer, which means we would have lost because we had to lose at precisely the right time to have Endgame happen.

In Endgame, I don't see it happening any differently. Only one person in a massive battle like that, we would still need to use the stones to kill Thanos' army. Only four people on the heroes side would have a chance in hell of using them without dying. Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel, and Wanda. And I'm really not sure about Wanda. Well, I suppose that, when handing the gauntlet off to Captain Marvel, I would ask if she could use it. Ideally, the answer would be yes and Iron Man would not have to die. If not, we get the canon ending. Still, I'm pretty sure that she could use the stones. She might end up with a broken arm like Hulk, but she should be able to survive, and I think that she would realize what I'm talking about if I ask if she could use them. So I don't think that Tony would die.

I would not be fooled by Mysterio. Even without knowing the plot of the movie, I've read the comics. So, using the excuse that his very superhero name is basically saying that he's hiding something, I would run a facial recognition thing. Since I would be using Stark tech to do it, I should be able to get his backstory, which I would pass on to "Nick Fury" and ask why he didn't run facial recognition himself. Anyways, with Talos getting told the truth, that mess should rap up easily. Without the doctored footage.

9. 0Jordinio0

MCU Peter has little shown about how he gains his powers. I mean, it's the typical bit by radioactive spider scenario, but he had his powers before he was 14, and it's implied he'd had them for years at that point. I went with inserting into him at age 12, because it's the start of the typical teenage years, and about as early as I could see him getting his powers, as well as giving us some prior prep time until things start going boom everywhere.

10. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

Its also fits the timeline lorewise

I

11. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

When was that implied? The first time we saw him with powers was in Civil War, and I had the impression that he was pretty new to being a super hero when Tony approached him. He was clearly inexperienced in that movie. Even if we were to set aside the extremely makeshift costume, Tony was the one who had to give him advice to go for Cap's legs, he had trouble lying, which anyone who keeps a secret identity should have plenty of experience with, he didn't stick to the ground to make his punches more effective, and when he wasn't in the middle of a fight, he generally had little an air of not quite knowing what to do.

12. 0Jordinio0

It's implied by the fact he had been Spiderman for 6 months by that point, and he'd only recently turned 15 if I remember right in Civil War. This Peter also had little motivation outside of 'he has powers he should therefor save people', there was no him trying to make money from his powers leading to Ben getting killed because of a mistake he made. There's also the fact as you put it, his basic settings of being a gibbering wreck half the time. Well not that bad, but you get what I mean. The least amount of time I'd think he'd have had his powers is around a year, so just around the time he turned 14, but could be anywhere from there to a couple of years.

13. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I think I see where you're coming from. Still, I sort of assumed by the absence of Uncle Ben that he had gone through the entire thing when he first started out, trying to profit off his powers, not stopping the crook, etc. and was now in the mindset that he had to be Spider-Man. I don't think that he would have had his powers for that long before he started trying to make money off of them.

Still, this isn't exactly all that important for this discussion. We're talking about an AU where he got his powers at 11, and we're inserting as him a year later.

14. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

12 years old, so its 2010? Pre iron man 2?

With Peter's intellect and residence in NY, what I would do is to go to the New York Sanctum and talk my way into a meeting with the Ancient One, get the precogs to help make a plan to deal with Thanos. Start learning magic, invent web shooters, stay below the radar, then wait for the chitauri invasion, use it as cover to swipe the space and mind stones, then use the space stone to grab the Power stone, Aether, and Soul stone, then get the Ancient One to throw all 5 of those stones into the mirror dimension and then forward in time a few thousand years.

Then I'd be the vigilante Spiderman until civil war, where I'd be a more confident Peter Parker who can handle the Avengers as a peer.

SilverMoonIV likes this.
  15. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I don't think that you can do anything to go to the Sanctum. People don't tend to let kids roam the streets unattended. You only have 12 year old Peter's genius. That means that you have the potential to learn, but you cannot invent webshooters right away. You're planning on swiping the macguffin that everyone's fighting over and Loki's staff without anyone noticing? Trying to use any infinity stone is dangerous. The Space Stone ended up sending Red Scull to Virmire when he tried it. The Power stone is very dangerous to touch. The Aether doesn't even have a physical form at that time, how are you planning on grabbing it? For that matter, how do you plan on even finding it? Who are you planning on killing to get the soul stone? It has to be someone you care about. And you are starting the vigilante thing too early. Just after Avengers means that you're 14. Which means that you will be shorter, and people will see you grow over time. Which means that everyone will have a general range for your age. As such, not only will you get less respect for obviously being a kid, but anyone who wants to find out who you are will have a much easier time doing so.

YuraWhirlwind and ArcaneReader like this.
  16. Whenever Possible

The core of this is getting to the Sanctum, and I think you're overestimating how much control and surveillance most parents/aunts/uncles have on their kids. If I can't convince them I'm at a friends house long enough to hop on a bus to 177a Bleecker street, then I'm apparently even less capable of getting places I want to go as a 12-year-old genius Peter Parker than I was as an actual 12-year-old. Sure, I might end up grounded as a result, but the fate of half of all life in the universe is on the line.

Once I have managed to get a few hours to talk with the ancient one, there are lots of resources available to deal with the rest of them.
    Sneaking to the roof of Stark Tower to nab the Tesseract and Loki's Sceptre from Natasha, then getting away? Sling-ring.
    Getting tools or training to properly handle infinity stones? Well it's not like the school of Agamotto was started by a guy fiddling with an Infinity Stone.
    Magic textbooks and personal training on weekends? "Hi Aunt-May, I heard about this class in Proto-Indo-European cultures being hosted at this private library on the radio/tv/internet and decided to sneak away and go, and they offered to let me keep going to the class. It's really interesting, can I keep going? It's only for a few hours every Saturday, and I promise it won't affect my grades."
    Killing someone to get the Soul Stone? Good thing the Red Skull is there just asking for it, (if I can't use the mind stone to convince myself I love all mankind, then I'm just not trying)
    But there's also the possibility of convincing the Ancient One to help out with the Time Stone, like using the Time Stone to go back in time and grab the Soul Stone before the mountain was put in place, or bringing a loved one and then resurrecting them after they die. (Honestly, the Time Stone is stupidly OP.)

As for less respect for being a kid... There was not a single person at the airport fight who thought Peter was an adult, based on the way he talked.

YuraWhirlwind likes this.
  17. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Not sure how a kid is getting on a city bus alone. I really don't know why you think you're getting a personal audience with the Ancient One. She spends most of her time in Nepal. More likely, you're going to confront the master of the New Your Sanctum. And I don't think that he's likely to believe some random kid who comes in talking about aliens. Did you forget that Doctor Strange, a magical prodigy, needed a crap ton of practice to be able to use a sling ring? And he was being trained by the greatest mage alive. And he was dedicating all of his time to it. Because Peter is not a magical prodigy, isn't the Ancient One's personal student, and won't have all day every day to dedicate to that.

Nabbing the Tesseract and Scepter are not easy. You are talking about stealing from the greatest heroes on Earth. They didn't let go of the Tesseract until Thor took it back to Asgard. And they handed the Scepter off to a large SHIELD team, not people you can easily take it from. Remember, in Endgame, Captain America had to use trickery to get the scepter. And Iron Man and Ant Man working together, from an ambush, failed to get the Tesseract. These are not easily stolen. For getting the tools, there is one necklace to hold the time stone. We see no evidence of other such devices existing. And even with it, you needed to be very careful if you didn't want to accidentally do something horrible to yourself. If he couldn't make the time stone safe to use, I don't think he left devices that would make the space stone safe. Also, the problem of getting the sorcerers to entrust their ancient, powerful, incredibly valuable tools to some kid. You seem to be assuming that Aunt May will take everything at face value and not be even the slightest bit curious about what you're doing. And training on the weekends is not enough. Not to mention the fact that you would be admitting to talking to strangers. And I don't think your allowance would cover such a class. Red Skull specifically mentioned that it had to be someone you cared about. Performing mind control on yourself is a terrible plan. Even if it did work, which it almost certainly would not, and even if it didn't cause you massive brain damage, which it almost certainly would, there would still be the problem of you not personally knowing and caring about him. Going back in time to remove the soul stone is pointless because Endgame established that changing the past does not change the present. You can't resurrect the person you sacrificed to the soul stone. Bruce tried to do that, and he had all six stones, but he still failed. As for respect, I was talking about the general population, not the heroes.

ArcaneReader likes this.
  18. Whenever Possible

A 12-year-old kid on a bus alone isn't going to raise eyebrows. It's not like they card you (unless a metro-card counts). Latchkey kids are a thing.

As for the Ancient One being in Nepal, you do know that all the Sanctums are connected and all the Disciples of Agamotto can spam portals with a range beyond Global, right? Walking from the New York Sanctum to Khamartaj proper is a minute's walk. It's more a matter of establishing credentials than travel time. And establishing credentials as someone who knows more than they should is ridiculously easy for anyone with knowledge of the MCU. Honestly, any 12 year old kid who walks up to the Sanctum, rings the Bell, and then says that he has knowledge of Dormamu's current plot to take Earth crucial for the Disciples of Agamotto and the Ancient One is going to get some lee-way, just because no ordinary 12-year-old would know that the Sanctum exists, where the NY Sanctum is, who the Disciples of Agamotto are, or who Dormamu is, escpecially as the first lesson everyone who comes to Khamartaj learns is that you don't have to look like an old asian man to have important knowledge.

Not to mention that the Ancient One constantly scans the future for threats to earth and ways to avoid her own death. So, ya know, foot in the door isn't an impossible task. In fact, as someone with knowledge of the future that can be verified by the precognitive in Khamartaj, getting a foot in the door is downright easy. Moreover, the Disciples will teach anyone the mystic arts, if you show up and ask. That's how Pangborn learned to walk again, after all, he just showed up on their doorstep and asked to learn. Not to mention that it takes one conversation from Banner to get the Ancient One to hand over the fricking Time Stone. The Ancient One is really good about knowing if someone is trustworthy, and is willing to go to great lengths for the Greater Good, so again, explaining your knowledge of the future, your plan, and the consequences should she not help you would be enough to get her on your side.

If you can get the Khamartaj to help you, then faking a weekend study course is trivial, beyond the level of what any parent would go to verify. They have a fancy library to serve as premises, lots of students of various ages to sit in for a Parent's day, masters who can serve as professors/teachers, and long corridors filled with Sanskirt books/scrolls and relics from various ancient civilizations, all plenty of excellent props to put on a show and convince one woman that there is a legitimate, high-quality class happening that would justify her charge walking around with a Sanskrit dictionary. As for tuition? There are plenty of community groups that host courses in various subjects with limited membership that don't charge university levels of tuition, not to mention that it wouldn't be unbelievable for someone running such a class offering to make an exception for "such an intelligent young man with a passion for the subject"

And even if they can't make more relics around other infinity stones, as someone must have done around the Time Stone, we know that artifacts capable of using/containing infinity stones can be made currently in at least two other places, Niðavellir and Asgard, both reachable by Sling Ring. And we know that the Dwarves can be convinced to make relics of that level for random strangers. Moreover, Stark was able to make his own infinity gauntlet with earth level schizo-tech with no real knowledge of magic or the mystic arts, so it's not an impossible task by any means to make one, especially if you get the Precogs on your side from the start.

Although I'm not really sure where you're getting the idea that once-weekly personal lessons and further self-study wouldn't be enough to master a Sling Ring in two years. Dr. Strange becomes the Sorceror Supreme in far less time, based almost entirely on self-study while fighting the methodology of Khamartaj every step of the way, and the Sling Ring is the most basic bit of magic disciples learn. He has one or two personal lessons with the Ancient One, group calisthenics and sparring with Mordo, and everything else is just him reading through the library on his own. Moreover, the events of Dr. Strange take about a year from start to finish (According to Derrickson), with Stephen spending 3-6 months in recovery, meaning 6-9 months studying to be sorcerer supreme, assuming he finds Khamartaj basically immediately. Peter Parker is in the same tier of intellect, with far more malleable brain chemistry (and therefore a better ability to learn) just from his age, so even if he doesn't have the innate level of talent that Strange does (which isn't a given, seeing as it's never touched on in the MCU, but there are plenty of connections between spiderman and various mystical forces in broader Marvel canon), there's plenty of time learn the barest basics of magic before the Battle of New York.

Nabbing the Tesseract and Scepter is ridiculously easy if you time it right. You just watch the Portal during the Battle of New York, wait for it to start closing, then use a Sling Ring to go to the top of Stark Tower, spend 3 seconds cold-cocking Natasha and the professor before anyone else gets to Stark Tower to arrest Loki (Because there's a period of most of the battle and several minutes after the battle where the Tesserect and Sceptre are being held by two ordinary humans in a known location, making them trivially easy for a superhuman with sticky fingers and capable of teleporting to show up, stuff both objects in a bag, then leave before anyone realizes what's happening.) If you wear a mask or get them from behind, they won't even have any way of identifying you afterward. The reason that Cap and Stark have to go to such lengths to get the Sceptre is they wait for Shield/Hydra to secure the scepter from the battlefield and because neither of them can teleport.

And moreover, I think you're overestimating the level of "care" that is necessary to get the Soul Stone. Thanos' crazy abusive care for Gamorra was sufficient. That's a low bar to cross. Not to mention that it's only one way to bypass the mystical protections on the mountain. You could use the Power Stone to flat out destroy them, the Reality Stone to dispel them, the Time Stone to grab the Soul Stone before it was placed in its current location, the Space Stone to reach into whatever subspace pocket is holding the Soul Stone, or the Mind Stone to temporarily convince yourself that you do love someone before throwing them off the cliff. Thanks for reminding me that the sacrifice is irreversible, though, I had forgotten that.

Actually, I think it would be hilarious if someone convinced themselves that they cared about Thanos and then threw him over the cliff so he couldn't be resurrected.

But Ultimately, if you can grab the Power Stone from its current, unguarded resting place, preventing Thanos from getting his hands on even a single infinity stone, then the Soul Stone is irrelevant. Because casting even a single Stone into the future or past (or destroying one) where he can't get them is enough to prevent the Snap.

AB13 and Jacobs lash like this.
  19. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I would continue to point out why this plan of your wouldn't work, but I noticed that you seem to have chosen to ignore, rather than try to claim it wasn't a problem, one of the many problems I pointed out with your plan. Getting the soul stone from the past would do nothing for you. You aren't trying to build the infinity gauntlet, your trying to stop it from being built. With a plan that would fail even if you could carry it out, but I was too busy pointing out why you couldn't carry it out to begin with to point out why it would fail.

Many people can access the mirror dimension. And any of them could get to wherever it ends up stashed, and come out of that with five infinity stones. Plenty of power hungry sorcerers will want to do that. Not to mention other species having magic of their own. I strongly doubt that that is a human only thing. Oh, and you put them closer to so many supernatural threats as well. Hell, the Darkhold alone could probably be used to find them.

Overall, your plan assumes that everything will go your way, everyone will believe you instantly, and everything will be incredibly easy.

I am tired of arguing with you. If you aren't going to consider the many flaws in your plan, than lets just stop.

ArcaneReader likes this.
  20. Whenever Possible

You're not reading what I'm posting, obviously. The plan isn't to permanently hold the stones in the Mirror Dimension, or even temporarily host them in the Mirror Dimension, and I have no idea where you're getting that from. The plan is to get as many of them as possible and then use the time stone to cast them a few billion years into the future.

And the plan doesn't require everyone believing me instantly, it requires the Sorceror Supreme, a woman who can see the future, to check my predictions of the future against the current time-line, and then decide to trust me. Something that takes her little effort compared to the potential cost of not doing so, and is easily within her power. I don't need to convince her, I need to get her to listen to a few sentences and then check that I'm right about Dormamu, Stephen, the Chitauri, Loki, Thanos, and/or any of a thousand things that will happen in the standard MCU timeline that could be seen by the Time Stone. Because again, proving your credentials about knowing the future is enough to open a dialogue with the woman who can actually check that you do know the future. After you have her help, whether or not my plan is valid is irrelevant, because we can basically just pick whatever timeline works best with copious amounts of precognition.

There's literally only one thing more important than the Snap for the Ancient One, which is Dormamu, so you better believe that she'd be willing to work with just about anyone to undo or prevent it. As seen by her handing the time stone to Banner in Endgame after a single conversation

21. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Your plan isn't to hold them permanently? Than what the hell is your plan? Because Thanos is still going to be looking for the infinity stones. He isn't going to stop just because it takes him a couple years longer to find them.

Also, I have already pointed out how unlikely it is for you to talk to the Ancient One.

22. Whenever Possible

The plan is to throw them a few billion years into the future with the Time Stone, Samurai Jack Style (Or time travel by using the Quantum Realm, but getting Pym to work with you is a much tougher sell than getting the Disciples of Agamotto to work with you), in essence meaning that Thanos' can't collect them for a few billion years, assuming he lives that long, with the backup plan being tracking down Scarlet Witch (or some other person with Chaos magic) and getting her/them to destroy the stones, refined as needed by precognition and/or time loops.

And it's really not unlikely that you could talk your way into meeting the Ancient One by going to the New York Sanctum.

Edit: This plan involves leaving the Time Stone in the present, which some would argue leaves Thanos a way to reclaim the stones from the distant future, but I would argue that he only manages to overpower Stephen Strange by using the Power Stone and Soul Stone in their fight, when Stephen wasn't even using the Time Stone, so its a safe bet that Thanos wouldn't be able to nab the Time Stone from the Sorceror Supreme unless he already has one or more other infinity stones.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  23. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Scarlet Witch doesn't have her powers yet. She gets them from Hydra experimenting with the mind stone. The Ancient One is unlikely to go along with that plan because she believes that the universe will be in trouble without the stones. And not just the time stone. Did you forget the scene from Endgame? She convinced Bruce that all the stones would have to be put back exactly when and where they were taken from. Not just the time stone, all the stones. Yes, it is unlikely that you could meet the Ancient One in the New York Sanctum. She is usually not there, so you would have to go through whoever the master is there. And the Ancient One is the only person with precognition at this point. It isn't something that just anyone has. Oh, and delaying Thanos by billions of years is not a victory. He would still be out there slaughtering half of every planet he comes across. And nobody in the universe seems to be capable of killing him. So congratulations, you just put the one weapon that is actually capable of killing him out of reach.

Also, no way in hell can Doctor Strange use three infinity stones at once. Hell, simply holding the power stone, even without using it, would kill him.

24. Whenever Possible

I forgot that Scarlet Witch's powers in the MCU were the result of experiments with the Mind Stone, but that just means that the powers of one of the Infinity Stones is capable of being used to destroy/scatter the other infinity stones, which simplifies that plan tremendously.

And I do remember the scene from Endgame, because in that scene she changed her mind and gave Bruce the stone, never getting the infinity stone back.

The 3 Sanctums and Khamartaj are all internally connected via portals. Getting to Khamartaj to meet the Ancient One is as simple as convincing the NY Sanctum Master that there is a good reason to let you go to Khamartag, and then spending a minute walking from the inside of the NY Sanctum to the inside of Khamartaj.

As for depriving the universe of its only hope of stopping Thanos: Thanos without Infinity Stones is a manageable problem. If separated from his army, he can be stranded/marooned on an empty planet or in the mirror dimension or in a random spot in empty space. He can be thrown to Surtr or Hela or Dormamu or Ego. Captain Marvel can kill him, as can Thor with Stormbreaker. He can be thrown into the Quantum Realm, or just shrunk to microscopic size, or grown to massive size until the Square/Cube law makes him unable to move. Even when he had Infinity Stones, he wasn't untouchable, and he's not immortal or invincible in the MCU.

25. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

What do you mean she never got it back? Did you not see the end of the movie? Captain America explicitly took the stones back in time. And how, exactly, ate you planning on convinving the NY Sanctum Master? Thanos without Infinity Stones was able to defeat Stormbreaker wielding Thor, Mjolnir wielding Captain America, and Iron Man in his most advanced armor to date. No, he is not a manageable problem. Hell, even separating him from his army is nearly impossible. Making him go where you want him to on top of that is similarly impossible. I don't think that the major cosmic villains are going to be all that eager to help you. Pretty sure that Thanos could kill Ego or Hela. Thor killed Surtr with mjolnir, so Thanos could easily kill him. He has already beaten a Thor who dual wielded Stormbreaker and Mjolnir and had two other avengers as backup. I'm pretty doubtful that Captaim Marvel can kill him. She's strong, but I don't think she's more than twice as strong as Thor. Oh, and she tried to do so in Endgame. He still beat her. He may not be invincible, but he's pretty close. And all of that is before you take into account his army. There is a reason he hasn't been killed despite his long history of trying to kill half of all life in the universe.

Did you watch Endgame? Because you keep seeming to forget about things from that movie.

ArcaneReader likes this.
  26. Whenever Possible

Convincing the NY Sanctum Master that I have information for the Ancient One shouldn't be that hard, considering that an ordinary 12-year-old wouldn't know about the Sanctum, its true purpose, it's owners or the Ancient One, meaning that any 12-year-old who shows up knowing about those things either isn't ordinary or isn't a 12-year-old, either of which should be enough to get them to pop back to Khamartaj and ask if the Ancient One has any advice. Wizards are used to dealing with things that aren't what they look like, and to not judge based on appearances. It's literally the first lesson Stephen gets.

Stormbreaker was shown to be capable of harming Thanos even when he had all 6 infinity stones. Maybe Thor can't beat him in a straight-up fight, but a straight-up fight against Thanos is a waste of time, especially when you have portals on your side. Sure, Thanos prepared and in peak condition can probably one-v-one most/all opponents in the MCU, and sure, you wouldn't be able to convince Surtr or Hela or Dormamu to join some grand alliance against you. But the beautiful thing about most of the higher-end enemies in the MCU is that you could just drop Thanos on their front porch with a portal and you have about a 50% chance of a fight breaking out immediately, and the beautiful thing about Portals is you can strike at your leisure, changing the battleground to what you want, denying your enemy rest or allies by moving either yourself or him as needed.

There are weapons that have demonstrably harmed him, and beings who have demonstrated the ability to render him more-or-less helpless, and again the Ancient One and the Time Stone let you mess around with precognition and Time Loops, which means you can try various options over and over again ad nauseum until something sticks. It's all a matter of arranging things properly.

If you could make Thanos bleed, people will stop fearing him. There will be blood in the water, the sharks will come.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  27. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

So, you haven't seen Endgame? Because I'm getting a pretty strong feeling that you haven't.

28. Whenever Possible

I saw endgame in the theatre. But I had a fever at the time.

29. 0Jordinio0

Personally, I don't see too much of a problem with Possible's plan, it's inherently possible for the most part, just not something I'd think of personally, when I read what his plan would be I just kinda went 'huh', I didn't even consider it.

Popping in, two years from the Chitauri invasion, I'd personally keep a bit of a low profile. Now Peter isn't any mere genius, as far as I'm aware, the only people actually smarter than him, are the likes of Reed Richards, and even then Peter is comparable to him. First, I'd be all for testing my strength out, because I'm a meat head like that, and I'd fucking love super strength, and every part of the package that comes with being Peter. I'd probably see if it;s possible for me to increase my strength myself - granted normal work outs won't work, but it shouldn't take too long to find something lying about that weighs enough weight, work out with it over a period of time and see if it gets easier.

On the other side though, I'm also more inherently 'evil' than Peter Parker, I could never be the amazing good guy he is, even if I inherited all of his traits and memories. I'd put that big brain to use, I'd hack a few places, build up a sum of money - For example, I don't think it would be beyond even young Peter to hack a bank, input a false file under his name, falsify some records and transfer a load of dosh. I'd keep an eye out for any possible signs of the venom symbiote, to see if it's actually in the MCU or not. Bad idea or good idea, I'm pretty sure that taming venom isn't Peter if he didn't really lash out at it at first and tried to understand it instead of freaking out. If not, well, I would have no problem exterminating it.

I'd definitely hit up the Stark Expo, a couple punches should be all it takes to bring one down, and it shouldn't be too hard to pocket some repulsor's. It might take a while to learn how to make them, but I'm confident with Peter's brain, it wouldn't be beyond me.

From there, it's just chilling for a while, living the good life, upgrading my future suit as much as possible thanks to the stolen money and repulsor technology - then take center stage during the invasion, get an in with Shield, the Avengers and more importantly for one project, Tony. Because come Iron Man 3, it's time to get our hands on some Extremis, and Tony has already shown he's capable of stabilizing it. Spider Package enhanced by Extremis, fire breathing spider boii.

Honestly, that's as far as I've personally thought on it so far, and while a lot of it is kind of stupid, it's in character for me.

I've kind of been focusing more on an Oc-centric story idea, revolving around a young son of Tony, who's 13 when Tony gets kidnapped. Like his father, he's a genius, but he's grown up around his genius father as well, learning a ton, and found something in Tony's data while he was young - the Extremis notes that in this world he'd have copied down after giving his upgrades to Maya, and he(OC) has already with the help of Jarvis kind of perfected it, but more in the sense that he's watered it down, so that it doesn't overdrive the brain signals, and gradually builds up the changes in his body with smaller doses over a period of time.

30. Whenever Possible

I appreciate your support. The magic side of the MCU has some of the most powerful established factions, and they don't really escalate in power along its path, meaning that you can get EoS level support on from day one if you can go there.

I like your plan as well. There are plenty of acceptable targets for black-hat hacking in the MCU, especially if you're going to consider the MCU-adjacent tv shows as canon, though Hammer and various Hydra fronts should have plenty of cash ready for being privateered. (Actually, a good enough hacker could probably blow the conspiracy from Winter Soldier wide open way before project Insight neared completion.)

I'd be a bit concerned about swiping Vankov-Stark tech at the Expo, because SHIELD and Tony are going to notice the drone that looks like its arm was ripped off, and they're both going to try and find whoever took the missing bit of tech. So be careful when leaving the expo so that they can't find some random trail of footage of you leaving and somehow find a way to track you back to your home.

I'd also be concerned about Extremis working for a non-baseline human, but the basic research to make sure it works properly and won't set your brain on fire is what Peter's intellect is really good for. Most of his genius work across broader marvel canon have been in the fields of organic chemistry and biology, so extremis should be right up your/his alley.