1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

"Well, it's much more nicely put than I was expecting from the dosier I've read." Paul mutters to himself. The four Moogles deciding to get out of the car and join Paul, or at least standing ready near their current commander.

Relyt33 likes this.
  2. Jesse K the Bubba

Jesse K the Bubba They call me...Bubba

As Flare listened to the humans and other beings discussing things, one of the pixies, Star, flitted over next to his head.

"What if...the Heartless were always here?"

"Hm, interesting. Everyone," he relayed to the others, "I don't know much about these Heartless, beyond the stories parents tell their sprites to make them go to bed, but what if they never got through? What if they were always here, yet hidden? Hidden behind something that could mask their presence?" He looked over at Konstantin. "Something with enough inner light to block their horribly dark presence to those who could have sensed them?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  3. dwennon

"Hmm, not impossible. While I was in Ivalice and exploring I'd seen similar sorts of things happening...though on a much smaller and less dangerous scale." Paul said, considering what the fey was suggesting.

Off to the side Hraz was busy quietly talking to the little fairy couple about making a house on her head, mostly asking them to not do so.

Relyt33 and Jesse K the Bubba like this.
  4. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

"...Hmph. You have my attention, Sir Pines." He stated after a moment's thought. "Though, it is a somewhat long story, I will warn you." He shifted in his armor slightly, metal scraping and groaning, the candles upon his shield flickering.

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

Zaravan Valiant dwennon @Jesse K the Bubba

It was a tight fit in the Shack. It would have been impossible to have everyone in the lower levels, of course, so everyone but Zaravan, Stanford, Mabel, Dipper, and Roxanne were in the lounge watching on TV. Stanford managed to fit the huge paladin into his examination chair, with no restraints. The Twins had their Keyblades out, while Roxanne had her staff at the ready.

Stanford ran a beeping, glowy thing over the paladin, looking seriously at a screen.

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  6. dwennon

Waiting in the lounge while everything was happening downstairs, Paul pulled out his phone and sent off a quick message to the other members of his crew. Letting them know some of what was up, and to be on high alert for Heartless for the moment. Sending it off, Paul looked around to see how the others were doing. Hraz just finding a place to sit, the Moogles sitting on the floor and watching tv and the driver still with the car cause she just wanted to be ready to leave at a moments notice.

Relyt33 and AndrewJTalon like this.
  7. Zaravan

He didn't know what the hell Stanford was doing with that... Thing. But he... Somewhat trusted him.

For now.

Slightly turning his head, he looks at the Twins and Roxanne.

"...Should I be concerned you three have your weapons out, or should I simply lie back and simply hope you don't decide to spontaneously beat me to death?" Konstantin asked sardonically.

8. AndrewJTalon

"It's just a security measure. We've had some issues with beings from other universes in the past," Stanford said. He nodded. "You're in excellent health despite your large size. Slight potassium deficiency, but easily fixed."

"Gotta have more bananas!" Mabel added.

"The Keyblades are the strongest weapons against Heartless," Roxanne explained, "so having two of them should help immensely if anything... Happens."

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  9. Zaravan

He may not know what the fuck a portassuram or a Bananer was, but he figured it was nothing to worry about.

"...So. What is it you wanted to know about my story?" He asks. "I can start from the beginning, if you wish."

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. AndrewJTalon

"The beginning sounds good," Dipper said. "Where are you from?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  11. Zaravan

"I hail from the land of Prydain, boy." He began softly. "I first served as a Cleric Errant under the Order of The Flame, and later served under Fflewddur Fflam, acting as a Spiritual healer for the peasantry of his small realm. He was a kind old man, and I was a close protector of his daughter, Princess Eilonwy."

He paused for a moment.

"Then one day, the Darkness came. It swallowed the land in an unstoppable wave. Not even a Last Stand of the Order's most faithful, powerful Paladins and Clerics could stop it." He put a hand to his face, shaking his head.

"...Then the Darkness came for Fflewddur's Kingdom, and I and the handful of guards made up the last and only line of defense as the Darkness bashed down the castle doors, and I fought harder than I had my entire life to buy them time to flee..."

"...Then I was swallowed by the Dark, but The Light protected me. Sheltered me in that realm of timeless Dark. I wandered, until I found Light in that realm, and desperately made my way towards it, and lo, I was here."

12. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

"Typically, only those with incredibly strong hearts can survive wandering through the Realm of Darkness and come out intact like that without protection." Roxanne rubbed one thumb up and down her stave absently as she thought his story through.

"I wonder if the enchantments on your armor played a part with that, along with your faith."

13. AndrewJTalon

"Wow! That sounds very... Welsh!" Mabel observed.

"Welsh?" Roxanne asked, confused. Dipper shook his head.

"Human thing. But yeah."

"If it helps," Stanford said kindly, "your story is not unusual. Countless people across the multiverse-Er, across many worlds, experienced something like that. The Heartless-Agents of the Darkness, as you know them, consumed countless worlds. They were restored though. Everyone should have been returned to where they came from... But you haven't." Stanford hummed in concern.

"Aw. He got left behind? You poor guy," Mabel sighed. She reached out to hug him... But because her short arms couldn't reach around the huge paladin, she hugged his arm instead.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  14. dwennon

AndrewJTalon

Settling into waiting, Paul began looking through his coat pockets. It'd been a while since he'd checked them. Reaching into one of the interior pockets, he pulled out some purpose dried berries, a few small pamphlets from Ivalice, and a mildly magical deck of cards. The kind tricksters fight with. Reaching into the pocket below that, he pulled out a whetstone and some other stuff used for sharpening blades.

Relyt33 likes this.
  15. Valiant

Roxanne considered what she'd read and been taught of that section of the cosmos.

"More than likely because he was in that realm, but still retained his own form. That would be the factor that stands out the most, it differentiated him from others that fell into the Realm of Darkness with their world."

Relyt33 likes this.
  16. Valiant

Henry, some what curious, arched up on his toes, "What sort of berries are those?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. Zaravan

"...You mentioned Restoration. If so, then... That would mean Prydain hath returned as well?" He dared to sound hopeful.

Relyt33 likes this.
  18. dwennon

"Gummy berries. I only have some yellow, blue and green ones with me though. But they're still tasty. Want some?" Paul asked, holding out a handful of them in case anyone else wanted some. Grimmy sticking his tongue out at the offer, with him preferring the other varieties.

Relyt33 and Valiant like this.
  19. Valiant

The Bunny quirked his head and wandered over, Gosalyn rolling her eyes at him but otherwise remaining at her post, she'd already figured out that if you waved interesting food in front of his nose Henry was easy to lead around.

This should be safe, so she'd just give him hell for it later.

"I don't think I've ever heard or read of Gummi berries from the New Camelot guide I got into, are they from off world?" Dithering just a little, the Rabbit takes a blue berry with a quiet 'Thank you.' and has a nibble, just in case they're spicy.

Relyt33 likes this.
  20. dwennon

"Yeah, I came across them in my travels. Supposedly they have some connection to some old civilization. I'm not sure on that. But I do know the berry plants of these I have were a pain to get growing well. Also, avoid the yellow ones if you don't want a spicy minty watermelon taste. Blue is like apricots and blackberries. Then green is like a mix of apples and grapes." Paul said with a shrug. Popping one of the green ones himself.

21. AndrewJTalon

"Yes, probably! But where is a good question," Stanford said. He shook his head. "There are so many worlds... How to find Prydain?"

"Ooh! Ooh!" Mabel waved her Keyblade. "Maybe we could help,Grunkle Stan?"

"I'm not sure we'd even know where to begin," Dipper said. "And we don't even know how the Heartless got through."

"Ah. As it turns out, that's easy enough to decipher," Stanford said quietly.

Relyt33, Valiant and Zaravan like this.
  22. Zaravan

He frowned. He didn't like the sound of that. "...Dare I ask, how so?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  23. AndrewJTalon

Stanford slowly rose. He looked intently at Konstantin.

"Tell me Konstantin... Did you happen upon a statue shaped... Like this?" He held out a picture of a strange, triangle-shaped creature with one eye, a top hat, and a bow tie. Dipper and Mabel both shuddered at the sight.

Relyt33 likes this.
  24. Valiant

"You have an angle in mind Stanford?" Roxanne asked.
    "That... Ooh."

"Huh..." Henry popped the rest of the berry in his mouth chewing thoughtfully, "I wonder if they need something particular in the soil."

Relyt33 likes this.
  25. dwennon

"That's part of it. Also light and water amounts. Plus getting the pollination right." Paul said with a shudder.

26. Zaravan

"...Yes." He says bluntly. "It was there when I first came into this world. However, I kept my distance from it, as I felt a malevolent aura radiating from it."

Relyt33 likes this.
  27. AndrewJTalon

Stanford nodded. "That's all that remains of Bill Cipher. An extradimentional non-planar entity of extreme malevolence-"

"An evil dream demon," Dipper translated for Konstantin. Stanford nodded, a bit annoyed.

"Yes, that. And we defeated him when he tried to combine his reality with ours-"

"Destroy the multiverse!" Mabel said cheerfully.

"But! He wasn't able to get out of Gravity Falls due to how it was isolated by a magical field. A protective barrier. This same barrier protected the Keyhole-The heart of our world. This ensured the Darkness couldn't get in. And yet... You were. And Heartless followed you. Right by Bill's statue." Stanford rubbed his chin. Dipper grimaced.

"You don't think Bill's still alive, do you? He... He can't!"

"Not alive in the traditional sense, like us... But it can't be a coincidence," Stanford grumbled. He shook his head and looked up at Konstantin. "So. We need to make sure. Take off your helmet."

Dipper and Mabel tensed. The shadows themselves seemed to be twitching around them.

Relyt33, Valiant and Zaravan like this.
  28. Zaravan

He grimaced. "A demon?" There was a faint note of disgust on his lips. "Bah, The Order smites demons all throughout the land. Our souls are sanctified against them. I-"

"...Sir Pines... I- I cannot.", He shook his head, a hand on his Hood.

"...I've not shown my full face to anyone since my youth. It is... A delicate matter to me." He sounded genuinely uncomfortable about the matter.

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. Valiant

Roxanne grimaced but she couldn't disagree, this was simply that serious no matter how uncomfortable the Paladin was, "From what I remember of the briefing, what we need to see most are your eyes, do you think you could just show those."

"Yeah stubborn plants can be..." Henry trailed off and turned towards the door, ears perking and listening.

Relyt33 likes this.
  30. AndrewJTalon

Stanford was stern.

"The demon is revealed by his glowing yellow eyes. Magic might conceal it. We need to know. Take the helmet off."

Mabel didn't make a joke, she tightened her grip on her Keyblade.

Relyt33 likes this.