1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

I've been writing a ethics essay since Friday and now have to annotate something else. I know that feeling.

24caratcoal and Priapus like this.
  2. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

Good luck with yours.

3. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

I hate my fucking life. I absolutely hate it.

My last job? I wasn't even fucking hired, I was on 'evaluation' and as such I have to get a job by February or I'm plainly ass fucked and become structurally unemployed (I am not fucking going back to Walmart, EVER I nearly did something stupid last time and I can't stand that company) due to how companies fucking work (i.e. unless you're a felon, you've got two years until you are fucked in the job market).

However, the good news is that one of the stores (called "Let's Play") that I've put an application for is going to be starting calling people on Monday and starting interviews on Thursday of next week. :)

wasprider and Priapus like this.
  4. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

Good luck!

Aaron Fox likes this.
  5. Aaron Fox

I'll need it. :(

6. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

This seems like the thread closest to what I’m looking for, so when I read a story does the author get that added to a “people reading” count? Also for authors do they care more about likes or threads being watched? Just wondering if it’s worth it to go on a spree of liking story’s I’m interested in, especially when they don’t have much of a visible following. Also if this is the wrong thread for this kinda question pretty please redirect me :oops:

7. 24caratcoal

Welcome to the boards! Honestly it’s totally up to the individual as to whether or not they want to like a post or watch a thread. My rule of thumb has always been “If I like it, I’ll Like it.” For me it’s kind of a gesture of appreciation for someone taking the time to write/post something, particularly for authors since, well, the best way I’ve ever hear publishing something described is that it’s like showing your ass to the world. It takes a fair bit of courage to do and there’s always a fear of being ridiculed. As far as likes and watches go from the author’s perspective? It feels nice if people Like what I’ve put the effort into, but it’s hardly the be-all, end-all goal of writing for me and I’m honestly not even sure how to tell how many people watch my threads (I didn’t even know you can do that). For me personally I actually like comments/active discussion of my works, specifically feedback as to how I can improve as well as what things people like and/or dislike about what I’ve done. I can’t speak for anyone else obviously, but there’s my opinion.

bryanfran36 likes this.
  8. LurkingInTheDeceit

Thanks for the reply :D I have no idea if seeing how many people watch your thread is a thing, I just kinda assumed but if it’s not immediately obvious then liking seems more the way to go. I realise that commenting is by and large the best feedback but I always feel too shy to do it :oops: Well I’m off on a liking spree :cool:

24caratcoal likes this.
  9. Aaron Fox

... well, there is some Mod shenanigans at SD.net where one poster is basically on the path to be banned...

... I haven't seen such hostility with a mod before... but then again given that SD.net has an absentee owner problem...

10. 24caratcoal

Ah, SD.net. The forum on which I completely forgot my password after about two weeks of lurking and a couple posts under a completely different user name. I feel this was a good decision on my part.

Priapus likes this.
  11. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

As someone why has no idea what this site is, can you explain it to me in one sentence? I’m visiting regardless, but I wanna know what I’m getting into.

Priapus likes this.
  12. 24caratcoal

Stardestroyer.net it’s kinda filled with assholes. A good portion of whom are fairly self righteous in my brief experience. Whatever you do, don’t mention anything religious even in passing because some of them are rabid in that regard.

13. Aaron Fox

I'm regretting my account on the site already...
    It's StarDestroyer.net, and one of the original forums that went on the Star Wars/Star Trek debates to its logical conclusion and it is currently run by a literal absentee landlord. Think of it as something as a predecessor to Spacebattles.
    Whatever you do, stay away from The Rolumal Republic, he's gone... mad...

14. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

I prefer comments, since I tend to glaze over at likes due to my nature of like-farming in other threads and knowing a couple of guys who are basically human like-bots...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  15. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

Okay, I initially misread that as "human-like bots". XD

Amazing what a difference that hyphen placement makes.

24caratcoal likes this.
  16. Aaron Fox

I like comments because not only do they help improve the writing, they also make it easier to gauge on the reactions and ask questions on where it is going.

17. LurkingInTheDeceit

Another question which is probably in an FAQ somewhere, what is the quote and multi-quote function? I keep accidentally tapping it while going to like.

18. Aaron Fox

The multi-quote function is useful in the 'have to quote posts on multiple pages without doing the tedious of making sure that you make sure you've got all the quotes on said page and copy before you go to the next page and paste it and do it all over again when you in the age before post-drafts was invented and when you want to quote an assload of posts with the post-draft function' way...

Quite useful even in this day in age.

24caratcoal likes this.
  19. LurkingInTheDeceit

Ty, found the place to insert quotes and remove them. Was just worried that it had something to do with my sig, not that I’m 100% sure how that works either :p

20. Aaron Fox

I didn't get a sig for years... so you're not the only one that didn't know how to use stuff.

LurkingInTheDeceit likes this.
  21. LurkingInTheDeceit

Is there a list for the requirements for “titles”(no idea what to call it)? Like quite a few people have “are you sore yet”, “I trust you know where the happy button is”, “getting some practice in, huh?” and the one I actually know how to get which is “uh-oh better hide that virginity”. You get the last by not posting for a set period of time after getting an account. But some people have custom sayings/phrases/descriptions so :confused:

Having great return on my questions so far, thanks everybody :)

22. Radek

Radek Promethean

You either make yourself a custom title, wich you can do pretty much right after your first 1-2 post are approved, or you accept the automatic forum generated ones wich follow your post count.

23. LurkingInTheDeceit

Sorted, ty :D

24. ninguem

ninguem Experienced.

Brazilian popular music, because here is spring. :)

Spring

Tim Maia

When winter comes
    I want to be with you
    May fall come back
    I want to be with you

Because (it's spring)
    I love you (it's spring)
    Love you, my love

I bring this rose (to give you)

My love

Today the sky is so beautiful (going rain)

25. LurkingInTheDeceit

Does anyone know how to imbed links into text in profile posts? I can do it on a computer and on threads with mobile but no idea how with profile posts on mobile.

26. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

The usual syntax for manually inserting a link is
    Code:
    [url='http://www.website.com']WebsiteName[/url]
    . That might work.

27. Seth Vatamaris

Seth Vatamaris Hentai Will Save the World

Well my parents are going to Japan, one of their many locations is Akihabara and she offered to buy me anything that could be taken back

But like with my Birthday I have no idea, there's a lot of anime I like but do any of you have ideas.

28. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Maybe a sapling or two from the nearby Suicide Forest? I mean, since it's October and all, and it'd make a fantastic spooky decoration :V

29. RedStarMini

RedStarMini God's weakest ADHD Author

tfw you have a somewhat lewd adventure time idea but there's no good place to share it

Priapus likes this.
  30. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Priapus likes this.