1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Ah, no? That's one of the reasons he likes Seras, she still tries to act human. He dislikes monsters that act like they're hot shit when they really aren't.

kinglugia and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  2. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

He accepts that she's a baby vampire and does every short of forcing her to accept that she made the decision to become a monster. And he does that because she was such a very good human, fighting and running and staying alive even as everyone died around her.

Not quite. He dislikes monsters that think being a monster makes them better than humans, rather than just different. That's why he was so disappointed with Anderson and Walter in the end, because they gave up their own humanity willingly in the belief that it made them better than when they were human.

3. Furoan

Furoan Making the rounds.

Alucard really does fit into Blue and Orange Morality. He's more alien than any of the DxD Devils, Angels or Half-Angels, where alien means a lack of thought along the lines of humanity.

That said he respects strong examples of humans. Integra, Van Hellsing, Anderson before he gave up his humanity, Walter the same, Seras before he embraced her, the Queen.

He views things through a VERY DIFFERENT lens than near anybody else.

I'm not sure how he would see early version Gasper. Gasper's fear of the outside and his lack of control over his power would be anathema to Alucard, and only his mass potential (and the implication that Gasper is decended from Dracula (Who Alucard is) would probably stop Alucard just dismissing him totally, though I'm still not sure how he would view the transformation from human's into Devil's.

TheWave, AZATHOTHoth, tomio and 5 others like this.
  4. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

That reminds me of a one-off fic I read a while back where Caiphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM) finds himself sitting at a poker (Well, a poker-like card game, anyway.) table with The Emperor and the four Chaos Gods and has to play for Imperial souls, including his own.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  5. Stroth

Here it is! Good story.

TheWave, tomio, Least Devotee and 2 others like this.
  6. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

For Gasper, I think he'd find him kinda pathetic, but with a strong potential to become incredibly powerful. He'll probably also try to help Gasper along in his own way, which will probably cause Gasper's problems to become even worse.

As for how he'd see humans turning themselves into devils, I don't think he'd see it as any different than humans becoming vampires. It's a human taking the opportunity to become vastly more powerful. He might argue the relative merits of being a vampire vs. a devil though.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  7. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

...I looked at our sheet for our charms and I noticed something

Our soaks suck....we have a lot of health yes but like no soak or little of it.

BB could fix that....

kinda wish we knew the first 3 charms of the laughing wounds style now, be viable at least.

8. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Issei has an insane mote pool now AND regenerative Health Charms. On top of a respectable MDV he doesn't need super soak.

9. codeRR

But still...you have to think about what happens when we run out of motes? Its a eventuality in long battles that we run out/short on motes.

2 lethal is just bad no way around that. I wouldn't ask for a super amount of soak (heck not even asking for any just yet) I was just saying maybe just getting a bit more soak could be a small pick me up at a later date.

Unless I'm underestimating the overdrive pool recharge rate

10. Bloodshifter

Once we Boost and it ends? We're fucked, we CANNOT engage in a long fight once we Boost the penalties and the lost of our Overdrive Pools would kill us.

11. codeRR

.....wow we have a potentially crippling effect then

lovely

12. Bloodshifter

Fortunate then that barring assassin squads DxD is rife with one v one macho super showdowns where everyone does all or nothing attacks.

13. codeRR

That is true...

Still I feel like its going to bite us in the ass one day.

But I can't really say that its a issue at the moment

I really wish we knew Arms Of the Unconquered Sun Style

Its just...a interesting style

14. Bloodshifter

Personally Solar Hero is the BEST because its optimal for One on One, as for biting us in the ass it would have to be soon, Issei hits E4 and cheeses to E5 nothing short of Gods or Elder Devils/Angels are going to be worth his effort to Boost for.

Goldenlima likes this.
  15. codeRR

I get what you mean, I was surprised we were 4 to be honest

As for Solar Hero.....yes I will agree its best for one on one and it the biggest charm tree next to Solar melee.

I still say it wouldn't be bad to have another martial art style. Its never a bad thing for a bit of variety

16. Bloodshifter

...? Exalted you rarely get more then a single Celestial Martial Arts, only reason to is if you get the Sidereal Exaltation and feel like punching things into Ducks and want to hide it until some poor Dragon-Blooded gets mind-controlled-punched to try to kill you.

17. codeRR

Hm....strange, In most solar games I played I usually get 2 styles at least.
    Hence why I find it strange to hear that honestly

18. Bloodshifter

How do you find the XP for that? Unless you always Favor MA?

19. codeRR

Yep, I usually favor it.

I use martial as my main form of fighting. I wanted to avoid the melee tree cause of it being very powerful.

The group I am in don't usually go for martial arts beyond solar hero so I like being unique in that way.

AZATHOTHoth and kinglugia like this.
  20. UberJJK

UberJJK Know what you're doing yet?

This is my first post on QQ in a long time, so long they deleted my account or something :(, so I'd like to say thanks Alexander for creating such an awesome quest!

Really? What about Iron Kettle Body? For 6m Issei gains +13B/13L Soak for the entire scene. That brings his Soak up to 17B/15L. If that's not enough he can add in his Scales from Dragon Body Hybrid, reads like Natural Soak not Armor so it shouldn't interfere with Iron Kettle Body, for an extra +2B/2L giving him a total of 19B/17L.

Finally if even more Soak is required we can always buy Invincible Essence Reinforcement which changes the Natural Soak formula for both Bashing and Lethal to (Stamina + 3) which would raise Issei's base Soak up to 7B/7L giving him 20B/20L with Iron Kettle Body and 22B/22L with Iron Kettle Body and Scales from Dragon Body Hybrid.

Well Infinite Life Factory still works without motes. By default at E4 it heals 1 level of Bashing per 5 ticks or 1 level of Lethal per 10 ticks. It's only when we want to heal faster that we need to spend motes on it.

TheWave, AZATHOTHoth, ZipLopz and 5 others like this.
  21. Stroth

Which is, for comparison, about what you would get out of super-heavy orichalcum plate armor.

TheWave, ZipLopz, noahgab1133 and 4 others like this.
  22. codeRR

You are correct...I did not read our resistance charms....

Now I feel really dumb

23. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

-What gives aggravated resistance?

-I wonder how would the Incubators would react seeing Autochthon, seeing they are race of emotionless biengs, they would try to take control of him, they would end making things worse.

I wonder what kind of charms the Incubattors would try to imitate.

- I have trying to writte some prompts, of what if Issei of this quest lived in one of the Shards of the Exalted Dream settings, need help.

24. Stroth

Really fucking powerful magic and nothing else. The whole point of agg damage is that it's hard to use but it will Fuck. People. Up.

And healing it is just as hard as blocking it. To give you an idea of how hard: Twilight Healing couldn't fix the smackdown we put on Raynare at the beginning of the quest.

TheWave, AZATHOTHoth, horus and 2 others like this.
  25. UberJJK

Well that's not quite true:
    Bolding mine.

Sol Mark-1 and Stroth like this.
  26. Stroth

Yeah, forgot about that rule. Lot of people ignore it though.

Sol Mark-1 and UberJJK like this.
  27. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

22B/22L

If we are using that rule we have 22A soak, that is a lot, how much does Viator have in his attacks?

28. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

We don't have armor. So no aggravated soak for us yet.

29. UberJJK

We don't actually. Remember you only get Aggravated Soak for Armor. All the charms listed are Magical Natural Soak.

Basicaly, as I understand it anyway, there are 4 types of Soak:

1. Natural Soak - You get this from your Stamina. So (Stamina)B and (Stamina/2)L.
    2. Magical Natural Soak - Most charms, like the ones we bought, give this.
    3. Armor Soak - You get this, unsurprisingly, from wearing armor.
    4. Magical Armor Soak - Basically armor created through magic (IE Sorcery or Charms) for example Glorious Solar Plate. I wouldn't be surprised if the armor we get from Issei's Balance Breaker falls into this.

Since we, right now, only have the first two, which are both Natural Soak, Issei has 0 Aggravated Soak. Fortunately for him I doubt there are many things out there that can cause it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  30. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Well, dragonslayer weapons would do that I think, but they're pretty damn rare.

Sol Mark-1 and UberJJK like this.