1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn, Ardy and DAT_NOOB like this.
  2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I feel like the sisters should have got a talking to.

At least a "Now you get to tell your parents how many helpless prisoners you let die"

3. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Knowing how DC works, I bet it was just a normal human-but-with-metal-skin AI that went crazy and turned everything into paperclips because they read about that thought experiment.

Vorian, dogbertcarroll, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  4. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

To be fair, Braniac is a paperclipper.

5. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

I'd be shocked if the ruler of Tamaran didn't know what was going on, in particular given how many of the principals here have duties on Tamaran.

And I expect that the "talking to" that Komand'r is going to get is going to include the words "You're fired" in it. Koriand'r apparently wasn't a fan of the "Kill 'em all and let the Source sort them out" plan, and is wishy-washy enough that this can be written off as being new to having agency and responsibility, but Komand'r was, to all appearances, an active participant in the action. If this isn't a fire-able offense in the Orange Lantern Corps I'm not sure there is one.

DrThoth likes this.
  6. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I'd be surprised if he fired her over it. He openly admitted that he didn't actually care that the Psions were genocided. His only objection was that they did it inefficiently, and a bunch of slaves and test subjects died with the Psions.

7. Bigreader

Bigreader Doom. Boom!

To me it seems as if Paul should maybe go somewhere away from all this for a while take off his own drain and vent a little bit because I really feel that even if he doesn't care about the pscion civilization he should still be pretty upset about the lies the lack of communication the lack of informing their Commanders about the situation it just well even if you don't care about all the people that got killed you'd still be kind of really angry about all this happening without you being aware of it

Ardy, DrThoth, azqs and 1 other person like this.
  8. X18999

X18999 Getting some practice in, huh?

Unfortunately OL set the precedent of genociding 'evil' species so he can't really punish them for it.

Chaoswind likes this.
  9. Buggy123

Except, he's not upset that they killed the Psions, he's upset that they did so in a sub-optimal manner that resulted in innocent civilians, slaves, and test subjects getting killed. "Consult me or at least ask for help if you're planning something massive that will result in lots of innocents dying if you do it on your own" is a pretty reasonable expectation.

10. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Do you want a new Beast? Because that's how you get a new Beast.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. azqs

azqs Getting out there.

It was a capital " ' "

I wonder if we're going to get Koriand'r on earth now that Vega is clearing up, she superheroed there for a while in other timelines, that could be interesting and she probably needs time to clear her head a little.

Also, yeah I can see OL being pissed at people for hiding everything from him, he probably needs to work on how he's perceived as well, I think a lot of the people in Vega expected him to object to the genocide. It was a mixture of pride (don't want to ask for help) and not wanting to be told to stop. Both of those could have been mitigated with better communication but he doesn't have the time. OL needs a secretary/personal assistant.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  12. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Rather amusing timing....

13. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Paul wouldn't have a leg to stand considering he placed all the citizens of London at risk when he attacked Nabu there.

Also I wouldn't blame the sisters for this, they hero worship Paul AND Adam Blake and are barely adults that both suffered a lot of trauma quite recently; Blake is a massively powerful telepath and empath, all he would have to do to get both sisters to not report to Paul would be to play their feelings of Hero worship towards both of them and their desires for revenge.

If we are going to blame anyone it should be Blake because where I am standing it feels like he left Paul out of the plan to be the corner stone of this fleet raid, Blake may be a super human, but he is still human and I would think he would want personal revenge on ONE of the main causes of his imprisonment and original failure. Having Paul there would diminish his importance to a massive degree, so best to not call Paul.

Vorian and TheEyes like this.
  14. Buggy123

If someone who, up to that point, at least behaved somewhat like a superhero (tried to protect innocents and minimize collateral damage) starts throwing punches that cause collateral damage outside of a fairly large park, I don't think it makes sense to blame the guy trying to stop him.

Agreed, Blake should have included OL. Out of everyone there, he's the most capable and likely of understanding the negative consequences of the raid and how to avoid or reduce them.

The fact that he participated in it is... strange. I'd be very surprised if he didn't anticipate those casualties; he's a wizened and highly intelligent person who's led fleet actions before. And he doesn't seem like the sort of person to just brush away a few civilian casualties like that when there were known, and easily available options for reducing them.

15. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Those extra options would have greatly diminished his role and importance. Thus the only plausible explanation is that Blake decided to not involve Paul because he wanted to have nominal command of the entire operation and Paul was the only person that would have the qualifications and reputation to challenge his command.

The only explanation is that he had a selfish desire to get revenge on those that so greatly wronged him and since the Citadelians and Tearing Bite were pretty much destroyed by Paul, all he had left were the Psions.

Ngamer11 likes this.
  16. BartlettMagic

BartlettMagic peekaboo, you fucks you!

I was hoping OL might check in on Maltus and get an update on Larfleeze's progress in the blue light therapy, or to talk to the Ophidian and see if she's happy with Paul fulfilling his promise and giving her a Corps.

Ngamer11 and Ardy like this.
  17. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

To see OL of all people dropping that line....

What a time to be alive!

protoss16 and Ardy like this.
  18. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

It has been awhile since we've seen any interaction between Paul and best snake.

reddraggone9 and Ardy like this.
  19. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Rather than the sisters attacking, i'm more concerned that blackfire didn't help or try to stop her sister. Instead, seemingly perfectly content to sit on the bridge of the ship and watch her sister get blasted into goo, along with the rest of the planet.

TheEyes and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Wait, the Illustres did put London in danger with his confrontation of Nabu, but at the same time he did everything possible to minimize that danger and he choose London precisely because it would be the best place (apparently) to minimize the danger of the confrontation itself. I wouldn't equate that with what happened here at all. I would compare with the attack on the Citadel itself, but even then the Illustres made sure to rescue the possible innocents from the Citadel Complex; he could as easily have just blasted the station from afar with singularity beams or engineered something equally destructive, he just choose not to because it was sub-optimal.

I do think the Illustres dropped the ball not paying attention to Vega, but in his place I would be pissed as well with how he was so effectively side-lined by all these people that he has, if not directly then indirectly, helped a lot. Oh, and from what I recall Captain Comet's not an empath, doesn't seem that duplicitous to me and Tamaraneans don't seem to process trauma the same way as humans, so I wouldn't count these factors in how this situation came to be. I do think Comet decided not to include the Illustres because he left and Kom was probably a strong voice in wanting to raze the Psions' planet, understandable when they're both victims of the not-missed-at-all lizards, not sure about the specific circumstances of how the Alliance came to be though.

21. Norgarth

Norgarth Making the rounds.

At least in these cases, it's due to the nature of their 'breeding programs/methods' rather than simply that they are just naturally all develop the same way.

22. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sure he could. He'd only be slightly hypocritical for doing so, but he still could.

No matter how you slice it, all authority figures are hypocrites. Some just try harder then others.

Just look back on the first holders of supreme authority you ever meet. Your parents. "Do as I say, not as I do."

23. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Mostly broken links and what I think is one typo. I had more of these from the point I last posted to here but messed up and lost the quotes because I had them ready to post and my computer pooted, so theres several pages of story I haven't been able to post corrections on, sadly. The ambush bug story and a good chunk of Paul visiting Mars for the first time.

Bramble Thorn and Mr Zoat like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Unfortunately, Jareisa removed her video from youtube and there are no mirrors. Decades from now, people will stare at Grayven's line in complete incomprehension.

More so than they do now.
    Replaced.
    These both work for me. Anyone else having trouble?
    What's wrong with deactivate?

Bramble Thorn and Ardy like this.
  25. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Works fine for me as well, for what's worth.

Ardy likes this.
  26. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Oh. That seems to have been me being a dipshit, because I had a brainfart and didn't realize it was the end of an interjection in the middle of the sentence, sorry about that. My internet absolutely hates certain sites - for instance, I can't load the DC wiki, BBC or most of the booru's at all, or pintrest for that matter - so if I post a link and it's not broken feel free to just call me a numpty and ignore those parts. Sometimes a link appears broken to me when it isn't.

Doccer likes this.
  27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Sounds like your ad blocker is overzealous.

Ardy likes this.
  28. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

I changed internet providers a couple of months ago, and all of a sudden, I couldn't get some sites any more. Unless I use Tor, that is.

It's weird, too, what's blocked. Bitchute's a video hosting site, nothing wrong with it, but 4chan is 4chan. And, all the torrent sites, but that's probly the Australian Gov.

Random blocks are random.

29. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Unfortunately I was having this issue before I installed this one. I'm using uBlock Origin, but I've been using that extension for years without this being an issue and I've used the same extension in other places without it being an issue. It seems to be local to this building somehow, but I have to find a place to live by the end of September anyways so it won't be a problem soon either way. I'll either be in another place or be homeless, it'll cease to be a problem either way.

Ardy likes this.
  30. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

If you're talking about the Nabu thing, he did talk... to the people he believed that he absolutely needed to. He couldn't risk Nabu finding out early, and the Justice League dropped the ball badly enough that he stopped trusting them. He's made many mistakes in this story, but that was either not one of them, or a very, very understandable one.