1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Files criminal charges too. Comes at him with dozens of the high price lawyers. A green power ring has to be incredibly valuable. This one was unique in the universe.

Also consider that he used it to acquire approximately 12 billion dollars worth of platinum in an afternoon. I think he could to be owning Wayne Enterprises soon.

2. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

DCAU contains: Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Gotham Girls; The Zeta Project, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited; as well as the movies Mask of the Phantasm, Batman & Mr. Freeze; SubZero, Return of the Joker, and Mystery of the Batwoman.

Batman and Harley Quinn and Justice League vs. the Fatal Five are claimed to be part of the DCAU, but I honestly squint a bit at that; personally I think they're closer to the status of Crisis on Two Earths in that they're mostly DCAU-compliant but aren't (or shouldn't be) strictly canon, except where (in CoTE's case at least) they fill in plot holes (such as Diana's invisible plane that suddenly appeared in JLU having been Owlman's).

There's also a few shorts/stop-motion comic adaptations that are considered part of the DCAU, and the Lobo web-series is arguably part of it.

Also, from the rubbish bin: Teen Titans was originally pitched as a DCAU series before being retooled, and Bruce Timm wanted to do a Catwoman series that never got the green light; there was also intended to be a SubZero sequel titled Batman: Arkham and a second Batman Beyond movie but both were cancelled, as was a Catwoman animated film that was supposed to link to the live-action Catwoman and actually had a full script but was cancelled when the live-action bombed.

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, Arghonn and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Well done.

4. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

(translated in the current parlance)

GANTHET: ....Hey, does this look like Hinon Hee Hannanan's handiwork to you, or is that just me?

SAYD: ....The F@#$?!

5. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

Oh shit orange ring without a handler that knows the risks. Bats you idiot this is going to end badly.

Jormuungaand, DiceArt, Finerc and 2 others like this.
  6. Lurker Scum

Lurker Scum Getting some practice in, huh?

I feel like I need to reread the chapter where this happened? Does anybody know which one it is?

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Dopplegangered, about two Episodes ago.

Ardy likes this.
  8. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Kitchen knife?
    That would require a police report to be filed, and for a prosecutor to decide that there's a case to be made with a reasonable chance of conviction. Whereas a civil suit just requires the paperwork to be filed with the court.

Prince Charon, Ardy and Navi-Hank like this.
  9. Lurker Scum

Lurker Scum Getting some practice in, huh?

Cheers.

10. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I'm surprised anyone thinks that Paul cares at this point. He's made himself a trillionaire, has an army of employees, and that ring has 0% power. It's not like he'd ever be able to use it again.

11. david15

david15 Not too sore, are you?

There just mad Batman whent aginst the mc truth is Batman is being perfictly resanbol a civilian has a wepion that can take out planets confiscating it makes perfect sense but since Batman is a member of the authority he must be evil after all he went against the main character I mean seriously Justice League was created to stop threats to Earth so it's perfectly in their rights to investigate a man who has a weapon capable a Conquering whole galaxies especially when he seems to know things about them that no one else should. In truth since Paul is not a native that earth they are being lenient they didn't even interrogate him about his intentions and by law how they AR probably required to hand them over to the government.

12. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

How did Weaponer Lysis know how to repair a ring made from qwardmite, when Power Ring in her universe are made form concentrated emotions?

Navi-Hank and Cuchulin like this.
  13. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I kinda hope this backfires horribly on JL 12 and only Peter Wynne can help; which he'll do while simultaneously giving them a Reason You Suck speech that gets them to listen, unlike Paul's criticism of their actions affecting Earth -14.

14. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

You do realize that people can A not like Batman for other reasons, B not like Batman doing this specifically for better reasons, and C may actually be more worried about the consequences of the action rather than the action itself right?

15. david15

david15 Not too sore, are you?

Thats not what it looks like from reading the comi comments one person complains about Batman always geting away with it another thinks Paul should sue another complaning about Batman stealing the ring after Paul was so reasonable and yet someone eles just once Paul to do a resion you suck speech.

To be fank reading the comments it seems like people are mad that the evil authority dare to go against main character, I fully expect people actually be upset and nothing bad happens to the Justice League because of this after all if nothing bad happens to them you can't show the main character going against authority.

Cuchulin and Vaermina like this.
  16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

No actually it doesn't, it was even noted in one of the other chapters how the physics are slightly different in that particular universe then they are in Paul's universe of origin via the whole bit where he complained about the Hyperspace bypass storyline to his universes Hawkwoman.

Ah, but that's not what happened.

Whatever Peter did was an active thing he had to initiate and not something passive that automatically occurred.

david15 likes this.
  17. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

It's still HIS and the key to really awesome super powers if he ever get his hands on a way to recharge.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Prince Charon likes this.
  18. Prosecutor-0

Prosecutor-0 Getting out there.

I will be extremely disappointed if it turns out to be the real ring. What really should have happened is that Batman switched the fake ring WITH a fake ring.

19. Temp0101

Temp0101 Not too sore, are you?

Batman stole the ring for no reason simply because he could, it would be one thing if Paul was a suspicious person but bats is already aware of his circumstances and met him in person. I think Paul would have happily surrendered the ring to Batman if he just said 'hey this ring is really suspicious could we have an expert (The Guardians) take a look' instead he just took it.

That's not how you treat a co-operative potential ally that's poisoning a new relationship this is compounded by the fact he apparently wants to recruit him.

20. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

If the ring Peter kept in his safe was fake, he wouldn't have been able to use avarice to sense Batman touching it. Nothing about Peter's thoughts in that chapter give any indication that the ring is fake.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  21. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Would he care? It’s useless to him anyways until recharged

RichardWhereat likes this.
  22. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean... yeah. Duh.

I don't read DC comics. Do you know why I don't read DC comics? Because pretty much everyone and everything is painfully stupid.

Why are supervillains inventing amazing schizotech that they could sell or use legally to get millions of dollars... and using it to rob banks. Why are superheros doing the exact same thing, but using it to punch the people who rob banks?

Why does incredibly advanced medical tech end up being used to bring a mainstream hero back to life again after their latest 'death'. Why aren't they giving it to hospitals to cure cancer-ridden orphans?

Why are there two aliens on one of the most well-known organizations on the globe, and lots of people still think that aliens don't exist. For that matter, why do so many aliens look almost exactly like humans? Do you know how many animals look even vaguely like humans? Maybe 2 or 3 species. And yet countless hundreds of species from entirely different worlds just so happen to look like a human with dyed skin?

Why does everyone who could do something amazing think "Oh boy, time to go use this to fight people.". Why not use that incredible strength and durability, and go do the work of a hundred men in skyscraper construction for lots of money? What, you want to help people with it? Go build orphanages. Or something.

Why is there a entire segment of physics, called "magic", used by lots of people including several entire underwater cities (who are only able to live underwater because of said physics), and yet not one single person has thought "Oh hey, It took me 15 minutes to learn this spell and it could revolutionize the modern world. Maybe I should go tell someone else about it."

For that matter, why are the oh-so carefully enumerated laws of physics just flat out broken or hacked in a million places, and yet none of the thousands of people who's entire lives revolve around learning and studying them said "Wait, hold on. This guy can conjure fire, and that guy can run faster than light. This breaks literally everything we've been writing down for the past two centuries."

Put simply, as I see it, every single living being in the DC universe is either:
    A: Actively being manipulated or mind controlled into enacting the largest and stupidest WWE match of all time.
    or
    B: Breathtakingly, astonishingly, incomprehensibly stupid and shortsighted, with a mental blindspot that could hide a star and a one-track mind that would put a train to shame.

And so, along comes OL. He recognized that, yes, since everyone else is punching eachother it's probably a good idea to learn to do it too, but also asked what the fuck is everyone doing and is actively working to try and change the unimaginably bizarre state that the entire DC universe has somehow found itself in.

So, yeah, I'm kinda rooting for him and him alone. He represents a single shining beacon of "not stupid" in a entire universe that, otherwise, should be cast into the fires of fucking Mordor lest it infect us with the Stupid.

23. Sceptic

To be fair, the latter of these kind of explains the former. "Alien? Yeah, right. Does that work for picking up chicks or something?"

24. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

No they are not. Unless Peter pulled one over on Bruce and the "real" Orange ring is a fake somehow, that ring is gone, and the next we'll see it is when the Guardians do something stupid with it, like waking up Larfleeze or creating another one.

Thing is, DCAU Flash wouldn't call him "Captain Cold"; he'd call him Leonard or Snart. This is how Flash treats his "enemies", and it's why he's really the only DCAU Justice League member who's really a hero, and not just a self-righteous face-puncher who thinks his power/money gives him a mandate to ignore any laws they don't want to bother with:

Agreed. I'm not really surprised at Batman stealing from an innocent civilian here, but I am terribly disappointed. I really do hope that one of the two surprises discussed here actually happen; that kind of arrogance really needs a comeuppance.

MechaNova, WhiteNoise, Mors and 20 others like this.
  25. Sceptic

Irony would be Bruce getting home to find that bits of his batmobile have been replaced with fake parts.

26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Or he builds earth up to a galactic power with the bull shit earth schizo tech and takes it back by force.
    Edit:
    It's the principle if you where never gonna read a book you owned again would you be ok if I broke into your house and stole it?

I don't believe there is any law against owning lantern rings on DC's earth otherwise the local green lanterns have got a lot of explaining to do

27. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Regardless of everything else, Earth-12 Flash is best Flash, simply for this.

28. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Well, you can't say it's an accident that the Justice Lords timeline is the version of the DCAU where Flash died.

Mors, Vorian, Bramble Thorn and 9 others like this.
  29. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

People do use their superpowers for jobs in DC- Kapitalist Kouriers, Manhunter was a bounty hunter, Power Company acts as a private security firm, Private Eyes is a private investigator, Hitman is an assassin.

Just because things are out of focus doesn't mean they don't exist. Bruce Wayne has never been shown to go to a proctologist, that doesn't mean that colonoscopies aren't a thing in DC.

As for scientists in DC...You mean like the Atom with his shrinking technology? The government scientist who made the X-ionizer that can let a paper airplane cut through metal? You mean like Will Magnus who built a computer chip that makes sapient shapeshifting robots? You mean like Amos Fortune who has luck manipulating technology?

And speaking of superscience in DC, Atlantis does not live under the sea because of magic. Zoat made that up. Which is his prerogative, but it's silly to complain about DC doing something you find nonsensical when it's something Zoat made up.

Atlanteans live under the water thanks to science. A scientist invented a means to genetically alter people to live underwater. A wizard spiked the serum, resulting in the people of Tritonis slowing becoming merpeople over the generations, and Aquaman's marine telepathy.

From Kaldur's vague description makes it sound like much the same thing happened in YJ, since he said Atlanteans were altered through a combination of technology and magic, and that over millenia the people of various city states evolved into their current forms, also the fact that Aquaman has marine telepathy in YJ but normal Atlanteans like Garth or Kaldur do not.

Mors, Bramble Thorn, Vaermina and 2 others like this.
  30. Mordart

Mordart Making the rounds.

I'm just kind of waiting for this to blow up. I mean we know the ring is going to the Guardians. What exactly makes anyone think they're not going to come and get P-12 for their Science Cells? He's already been exposed to Orange Light and could use it. Of course if this happens every contingency goes off P-12 leaves behind. And his Employee's get a target. Remember Cheetah was there when Bats showed up, she knows.