1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Nah, don't give them a speech, give them an invoice.

2. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Mr Zoat : Have you read Forging Hephaestus? Otherwise known as Villains Code. I think that you would really like it. It seems like a good match for your way of thinking.

Cynicalto and DAT_NOOB like this.
  3. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I think the image says is 'qwardamite' instead?

Bramble Thorn and Mr Zoat like this.
  4. Jirachi

Jirachi I trust you know where the happy button is?

The whole Qwardamite thing is silly, since the stuff that rings are normally made of is just the emotional lights themselves, and that sort of has to be available in order to make something that uses it.
    Makes me wonder if green rings are made of 'maltusamite' or green light in that universe.
    The Earth-12 contigent seem much angrier than Earth-16's would be in there place. When Klarion just totally beat there defenses with starro tech, it was mostly just a "okay, we needed a solution for that but whatever'. I guess their call to action regarding that sort of thing came sooner.
    Stewart really never got a chance to scan OL's tech?
    Wish they had commented a bit more about his behaviour and strategy than they did.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Was that established as canon in this universe, though? As far as I know, nothing forces that to be true here.

6. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

Orangest Night incoming.
    Invading the multiverse near you,
    Coming soon.

7. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

its the principle of the thing-
    the man's part of a sanctioned paramilitary group recognized by the UN, and he's using his tech to act as a petty thief-and his reputation/standing as a shield against suspicion-

one wonders how many -other- people he may have burgled if this is a normal response to getting catch flatfooted/out-planned, instead of spur-of-the-moment stupidity?
    Rich manchild who spent his entire life dodging therapy or not, the law applies to everyone- and i dont think he could of had a justification that would of held up in court when he could have just -asked-.
    and i think it'd do him good in the long term to get yanked up short by the court system for ...well... committing a crime? a wakeup call that -this- version of Bruce is in danger of slipping before he has his own "brother eye" level disaster...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Edited for spelling and grammar,

As I remember it, Justice League 12 has no legal authority to do anything. They're just so useful that most countries allow them in, and when that doesn't happen you get situations like Cadmus 12. If Batman had suspicions he legally should have informed either the local police or MI5. Batman has committed a number of minor crimes here, and the SI was not required to mention his power ring on his citizenship application.
    Universe 50 rings are emotional spectrum compliant. Universe 12 rings aren't. They're pre-War of Light compliant, and all work in more or less the same way as each other.
    It's more that Batman describes several scenarios, one of which is like Eath -14, and the SI explains in detail where they went wrong without knowing that it was a real situation.
    I'm assuming that English is not your first language. In which case, congratulations. Your ability to write in English far outstrips my ability to write in your native language.

Maxx has a long recorded history of hating Batman, both as a character and as a comic. Batman has committed trespass and theft due to something a parallel universe version of Peter did. That is dodgy behaviour, and part of what led to the showdown with Cadmus. That showdown is the opposite of the problem Justice League 16 has in series 3, where they are complying too much and being rendered ineffectual as a result.
    He called him 'Captain Cold' the first time because he was trying to be professional, and he knew that the others wouldn't know who 'Lenny' was. A few lines later he calls him 'Lenny' when Batman brings Peter's face up on the screen.
    Unfortunately, their 'comeuppance' for League highhandedness happened in the previous series in the form of Cadmus. They beat Cadmus.

9. Mr Zoat

No. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    Thank you, corrected.
    That only became canon in the run up to the War of Light. Prior to that, power rings were canonically rather different.
    Justice League 12 are much less experienced and trying to do much more.
    I don't think that Justice League 12 has that degree of formal recognition.

10. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

right, right, sorry, got my timelines crossed, boss >.<

11. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

I'm not sure Cadmus counts as comeuppance for League high-handedness; if anything it was the opposite. Cadmus-12 was the US government looking at the League and saying "Nuh-uh! Nobody breaks the laws better than the US government!" and forming a CIA black ops team to break as many laws as possible, in as short a time as possible, in order to show up the League.

12. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I remember reading that the writers felt they had to shift cadmus into a more stupid evil mold. Because they found themselves agreeing with them, and were concerned that It would made the JLU look like shit.

It's Batman.

MechaNova, Prince Charon and CTrees like this.
  13. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

He can be a bit Insufferable at times.

I could see Pauls Company selling Lantern Ring toys & costumes
    The mainstream Star sapphire costumes come in the DCAU variant of her costume.

The Comic Version is a big hit at the Adult Shops.

Uh Batman I hate to tell you this but that's one of those toy lantern rings with a bit of mildly radioactive isotope on it.

True they "beat" Cadmus, but Between the Lexor City fight and Lex hacking their Orbital fusion cannon
    The League's Reputation got dragged into the gutter for a while.

14. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I am strongly doubting that, considering that Eros Paul was very agaisnt the erotic version of his armor, because people might try to use them for actual superheroing assuming its bulletproof.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  15. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

He can, but he didn't have a real motivation to do it.

Ardy likes this.
  16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Unless Zoat re-writes The Guardians, the only one likely to even care about Peter is Ganthet.

And his interest would only be in noting Peter's rather impressive willpower in ignoring the sirens call of the Orange Ring.

As to the ring itself, best case scenario they sever it's connection to the orange light then give it back. Worst case, they destroy it. But well, neither is much of a loss for Peter given it's not just an orange ring, but an orange ring with little to no charge left.

17. Mr Zoat

[​IMG]

Repeat after me: a higher challenge rating does not necessarily make for a happier life.

18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is true.

After all, among all the inserts Peter seems to be both the most successful and the happiest.

Gilhelmi and nobodez like this.
  19. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

Until the JLA starts fucking with you, and stealing your shit because a alternate universe version kicked their ass.

Ardy, Vorian, Bramble Thorn and 4 others like this.
  20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Loosing the ring isn't going to effect Peter's success.

And given the near neurotic panic over it's whispering it might even end up making him happier in the long run.

21. Maxx Crowley

What's really hilarious, is that if this had happened to the main Paul, Vaermina would be having an apoplexy over his "stupidity" that would last pages.

22. ⸺⸺⸺

⸺⸺⸺

del

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  23. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

He was panicking over the whispering because if anyone would be able to get it recharged it'd be Batman and a lunatic with an orange ring equals a dead planet. Peter wasn't worried about it for himself - he's had it for years, he can handle it just fine - he was worried about Batman becoming Larfleeze.

24. Mr Zoat

What? What kind of innumerate nonsense is that?

25. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

I think they're trying to say that, the higher the power level, the fewer number of people who can meaningfully attempt to harm you.

Of course, achieving that level of power tends to put you on those peoples' radar.

26. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Oanite. Mined from Oa. Not only are green lantern power rings metal, they're a magnetic metal. Doc Polaris is fully capable of doing the "Why are you hitting yourself? Huh? Huh?" trick with Green Lanterns.

Alan's ring, barring YJ where they decided to go with the boring as hell option, was made by a Chinese man who found the meteorite that resulted from Yalan Gur's ring and lantern melting into slag on reentry.

Like star sapphire rings are made from the crystals that grow on Zamora.

Like the indigo rings are made from the underground rivers of the planet Nok.

Like how red power rings were made from the blood of the Five Inversions.

27. Maxx Crowley

And before that, it had nothing to do with any of that crap, and was magic.

28. Jirachi

Jirachi I trust you know where the happy button is?

In that case, I bet Hinon and Kalmin would be fascinated by any scans Paul might have taken of Stewart's ring.

29. Secret Secretion

Secret Secretion Hi!

A bit risky of him to not put it down and steal it instead.

Prince Charon, DAT_NOOB and DrThoth like this.
  30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

No, that's just something you decided on your own.

Fact is the ring's dead, meaning there's no way to recharge it without an orange lantern, and there are no orange lanterns in the JLAU verse.

Cuchulin likes this.