1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Coward who Jumped (Jumpchain)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by InDeepFiction, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue: What is Needed to Jump
    InDeepFiction

InDeepFiction Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

My name is Norville "Shaggy" Rogers.

I'm for most part a friendly person who always did what was correct.

I never harmed anyone, I have never stolen anything, I have never thrown food out of my plate to the trash.

You could say that I ate a lot more than it was needed anyway, but still, nothing that could be considered bad.

Being a detective of course, there was a lot of dangers, most of them were somewhat fun things we investigated, mostly people trying to pose as ghosts to make people go away from certain places with elaborated pieces of mechanical intricacies I myself am incapable of explaining as I am right now.

We, the gang and I, got our enemies, just like a cop with a good arresting record, mainly because we were the same thing basically.

They had reunited themselves and planned, and we were none the wiser.

"Thou, who have spent your life discovering fake mysteries and running away from your problems, are faced with two options, the first is to leave everything behind and begin life anew, away from everything with the possibility to come back here for your unfinished business and the second is to lay dead as you are right now." Voices, millions of them, like a herd of spirits, whispered so closely to my ears that I couldn't stop the shivering sensation on my body.

"Like... I-If that's what I'm needed to do so I can get my friends back." I told myself, them, the vacuum I was stuck into, to whatever I knew was listening to my words.

"If that's the case, then just give in..." The whispers came along.

"And Jump."

2. Index: Character Files
    InDeepFiction

(Reserved)

Beyondthebeyond likes this.
  3. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Kind of rare to see a Jumpchain where a character is the Jumper rather than an SI.
    Be strange to see him without Scooby at minimum, let alone the rest of the gang.

4. MasterOfDragonsGod

MasterOfDragonsGod Connoisseur.

Interesting concept.

5. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Watched in hopes for Ultra Instinct Shaggy.

6. Brenden1k

Brenden1k Getting out there.

Some suggestions, I would have Benefactor intervene and pick the jumps and maybe lock some perks to force shaggy to move outside his comfort zone. Maybe benefactors can give goals, benefactor can send jumper back for being boring so that should put shaggy in a nice dilemma where the safe option is agressive.

Five sessions is all you get is a good one, generic alien colonial marine is another jump by the same author. There is a Louise into jumpchain fic.

I kind of see that happening if someone pushes shaggy way to far.

”is the little coward going to cry because I did expunged to all his friends, is he going to cry, ahh my spleen, the crazy stoner kid is punching me with my own spleen”.

Rikallyn and codeRR like this.
  7. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Celestial Body

I have the distinct suspicion that's the entire point of this exercise :V

8. Diver

Diver Experienced.

Hahahahaha, this has promise. ALL the speed and food perks! Shaggy’s gonna becomes the Flash!

9. Hidden One

Hidden One Not the Boss. Possibly a Playa.

I think this must mean that Reborn is getting a new student. :cool:

Watched.

10. The Overlord

The Overlord SCIENCE! both mad, mundane, and perverted

I did not know I needed this in my life till I found it, please sir do you have any more?

Zepheric likes this.
  11. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Well then. I really can't wait to see where this goes now. I loved the intro with Shaggy talking to the voices...and the ending part

12. WCR I

WCR I Know what you're doing yet?

You, uh, … you guys do know that the author has abandoned this fic, right? They haven't been on in slightly over a month.

13. Scholar of Time

Scholar of Time Master of Lurking

So...technically not necromancy to keep hoping for it, right?

14. InDeepFiction

Okay, real quick, I'm not dead (I'm halfway there tho)

I don't have much time on computer due to my work hours and is kinda hard to stay focused on writing when you're dealing with a lot of work (McDonalds is pretty pushy where I live)

I AM trying to figure out a plot that does not involve 'lets just hop and shit around' but it may boil down to this because I'm not sure myself if I can create some kind of intricate plot with Jumpchains and all.