1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's right.
    None of the actual genomorphs have a biological sex. In the Renegade timeline, only g-goblins have a gendered appearance. There aren't really enough of them to say that their behaviour is gendered and they're all doing more or less the same job.
    No, his backup is Shayera, John, Diana, drones and a legion of g-elves.

2. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

in a way, it was legitimately badass-
    she got the totality of WHO and WHAT she was thrown in her face with her ability to rationalize/repress removed, and she completely threw it off because she was entirely fine with being a monster- i think its the ONLY Time's Esme -ever- got no-selled. period!

3. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

ah the fun of Running in to Earth-16's Gretchen Goode after meeting Earth-50's Granny.

Well I have to admit your disguise works much better when you don't sound like a drag queen.

4. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Grayven has two dates.

5. Mr Zoat

Lucky him.

6. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

There's a couple occurrences of
    but I remember this being spelled as g-gnome?

Mr Zoat likes this.
  7. alid610

alid610 Light of the Revolution

Wait. Wont Darksied just resseruct eventually. Wasn't it just one of his Avatars. True Darksied could just remake it at anytime. Or did this fic drastically change NewGods and make them unique to each universe rather than existing outside the universes and using avatars.

8. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I am pretty sure Zoat mentioned that New Gods in his story aren't just Avatars, but the actual local versions of themselves.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  9. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No.
    'Avatars' are up there with 'Doombots' as stupid ways to allow characters to deny their failures.

10. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Wow... As bad idea's go that's like an 11.

11. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

Mr Zoat - I tried starting your story at the beginning, and found that there are many chapters on the story only thread that have not been threadmarked. It jumps from the MC finding himself in space to talking with M'gann about clothes.
    EDIT:Sorry, just realized you just threadmarked the beginning of each section/book/arc instead of each chapter.

Meh, can be done well. I remember this one HP/Stargate story that had HP making several clones of himself then spread his soul and magic across all the clones, and all the clones shared memories to create a semi-hive mind. So to kill him you would have to find and kill every one of his clones. He still failed at things, but it was hard to really kill him. Also it allowed him to live a few lives at the same time. Yeah, it was an overpower story, but it built up to it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    ashadowalker likes this.
  12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No, because even though DC did this 'Oh that's just one of Darkseid's avatars, not the real him," DC failed to give the "true omnipotent Darkseid" the ability to resurrect his avatars.

So if you kill Darkseid, he's dead. "True so called omnipotent Darkseid" as shown in DC can do jack and shit about it, but the more accurate "true impotent Darkseid" doesn't hype up Darkseid to excuse DC making the New Gods a franchise zombie.

Yes, that's immensely stupid and defeats the entire purpose of something being an avatar, and makes the avatar thing moronic frippery.

13. Jormuungaand

Jormuungaand Out of work World Serpent

Try the Archive thread.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

I don't think killing a faction leader and a few mocks counts as genocide.

15. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

If they were the last, only members of their species...would it not?

RichardWhereat and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Aren't lowlies mass produced or something?

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

That, and since this is Justice Lords Earth and thus a DCAU branch timeline, canonically the only way Darkseid comes back if if Lex goes trying to resurrect Brainiac and gets sabotaged by Tala. I don't think Lex is still around to do that...

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Darkseid mass produces warriors, Big Barda's mother Big Breeda is a high tech broodmare for Darkseid.

[​IMG]

Parademons are also mass produced in hives like insects, Orion and Kyle once crashed into one and got swarmed by parademon babies for their trouble.

I don't know about lowlies specifically though, but it's certainly possible.

19. Threadmarks: Conqueror's Moon (part 11)
    Mr Zoat

27th December 2004
    01:58 GMT -6

Boom!

I look up as I stroll through the boom tube out onto the surface of Apokolips. The map I have of Apokolips 16 doesn't quite match-. Doesn't match at all, really. I.. think that's the Tower of Rage over there, but they don’t appear to have ever fully rebuilt it from when the upper levels were destroyed during Superman's climactic fight with Darkseid 50. And the vast plaza around it where armies once marched to display Darkseid's power has been torn up by the treads of thousands of dragon tanks and blasted by the fire of a million weapon blasts.

"Intruders!"

A… Hunger Dog armed with some sort of primitive power axe leads a charge by a rabble of militiamen.

"For Granny Goodness!"

Shayera takes to the air beside me. "I feel almost bad for them."

"Actually… Yeah."

I hold up my right hand and lift them off the ground with a series of yellow bonds. Plenty of fear on Apokolips. A couple make a token effort at struggling, but the rest drop their weapons and cower as much as their restricted movement will allow them.

"Fighting these bottom-feeders would be an almost-embarrassing waste of our time." I fold my arms behind my back and take a few steps forward. "Scum of the Armagetto! I am Grayven, son of Darkseid. You have until the count of ten to find me someone worth killing or I throw you at the walls in the hope that someone important investigates." Heed My Commands!

I release my hold and watch for a moment as they scurry away.

"One!"

"I better get a good fight out of this, Grayven."

"Two! Why? You got to fight those Thanagarian soldiers."

"Exact-"

"Three!"

"-ly. They were other Thanagarians."

"Four! So fighting your evil countrymen isn't fun, but fighting mine is?"

"Fun for me."

"Five!"

A piercing, shrieking… Growl, pierces the air, prompting both Shayera and myself to look upward as a flight of stub-winged parademons launch themselves from a nearby defunct chimney and take to the Apokoliptian sky. Some have.. some sort of halberd, while the rest are contented with just their claws. The swarm of them flies up into the sky, circles around-

I generate a pair of anti-aircraft autocannon constructs. "I'll take the five hundred on the right. You take the five hundred on the left."

"I want five hundred and one."

-and dives for us, shots from the few with the wherewithal to aim their haft-mounted blasters pattering off the ground around me. Shayera flaps her wings and surges into the air as I generate a construct gun shield and I open fire, yellow bolts flying into the oncoming flock. My first target is hit, my shot punching through his abdominal armour and into the engineered flesh beneath in a spray of purple blood. The flock responds at once, those stubby wings which don't provide much in the way of speed apparently granting them surprising aerial agility. I calculate an angle to maximise my odds and then change the angle of my guns, firing through the space where the parademons are the thickest as-

"HhhhhhhhhAYAH!"

-Shayera viffs around an outstretched halberd blade and batters a parademon around the jaw with her mace. It jerks in the air, dropping its weapon in shock as the mace's energy discharge pulps flesh and pulverises bone. It's a testament to their resilience that his entire head isn't obliterated, but as it wallows stunned in the air she performs a small swoop and slams her mace up into the-. Not the jaw so much as the exposed palate, then brings it down on the top of its head.

Yeah, looks pretty dead to me. Only five hundred to go.

I draw my daiklave-

"ReeeEEEegh!"

-and swing it through a parademon who dives at me, claws extended. He attempts to parry my swing with his claws, and has them sliced off as a result. He lands, dumbly staring at the bleeding stubs of his severed digits for a moment before I create a fusion cannon construct on my right forearm and shoot him in the head.

My flak cannons are doing reasonable work, wounded and maimed parademons dropping out of the flock as they focus on evading rather than closing the distance. I see they've got some self-preservation instinct, then. Which is making Shayera's job easier as they stop focusing on her and she starts striking at their wings. Three parademons dive for me from different angles and I sidestep, bringing my daiklave around in an arc that neatly intersects with their flight paths. The wonderful thing about a blade like this is that I barely have to aim; there's no need to aim for the weak spots in their armour when neither their armour nor their flesh provides significant resistance. So long as I can move my arm I can kill-

Make Me Happy

-any…

As one, the parademons turn to face me and then dive at me. Ah, someone's paying attention, then. Mother Box, boom tube to a mile away.

Ping.

That's at once frustrating and mildly pleasing. Alright, fighting. Need momentum. With so many parademons coming right at me my flak cannons are killing them far faster but-.

I swing my daiklave through a parademon and turn aside to try and deflect its corpse's momentum. Partially successful, but the speed and mass of its torso still impede my-.

A parademon grabs my sword arm. Another endures a slice through its shoulder well enough to grab my legs. I fire my fusion cannon through the flock but one of the quicker parademons manages to sink its claws into my construct and destroy it. Another attaches itself limpet-like to my face, roaring at me in an attempt to distract me. The world around me darkens as more and more parademons pile onto the heap above me, until my vision is reduced to the snapping snarling fangs in front of me.

Heh.

Parademons are far stronger than normal humans, but they're still… Augmented strength, rather than super strength. Spider-Man strong rather than Thor strong. Or Venom-Buster strong rather than… Well, me strong. Awkward as this position is, it's really no more awkward than normal humans doing it to Superman, or trying to tie up a normal human with a reel of liquorice. But my hope is that if I look like I've been bested that Granny will stick her head out in order to make a start on my 're-education'.

I take a moment to relax and then go limp. The only risky part here is that Apokoliptians probably have forms of aura-reading that I'm not familiar with. A defeated God of Conquest would feel rather different to one biding his time… But maybe they'll chalk that up to arrogance. As long as I avoid actual god-speech-.

There's a shift in the mass above me, the parademons getting orders and moving in a more controlled way than what their usual instincts instruct. The area around my face gradually becomes lighter as the height of the pile decreases, though the number surrounding me remains more or less the same.

"So who do we have-" The last parademon moves aside, and a face covered by a black and silver mask looks down at me. "-here?"

I smile. "Lashina. Is it my birthday already?"

"Grayven?" She smiles back in what looks like genuine pleasure. "I didn't know you were back on Apokolips."

"Are the parademons yours? I don't mind being tied up, but they're a bit more butch than-."

"Outa the way. Granny wants him now."

Lashina shrugs, and her position above me is taken by Stompa, who raises her right boot.

I may have misjudge-.

Stomp!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  20. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

So, who wants to take bets here? Last second dodge, or captured?

21. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Haha, her god speech is Stomp! :D

Aso,, things almost immediately went wrong. Called it.

22. Jacen

Jacen I am of no consequence.

Currently leaning towards “captured”. But it really could go either way.

23. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I'm going with temporarily captured.

24. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Ah, right, Lashina. I wonder if the "Superman impregnated Lashina while brainwashed" subplot is part of this dimension's continuity.

25. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I definitely understand why Brainwashed Superman got with her, she's hot. My first thought is that Grayven's going to let himself get captured so that he can easily get to Granny, but then what about Shayera? Plus, I can't buy that he would get knocked out by a simple kick to the face, nothing has happened to his God Powers or his ring to let him be that vulnerable.

DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

So, looking a little better than usual.

Yes, you recognise the Nobility, don't you?

Should be 'hope'

Missing ending Quotation mark.

Watch the flirting, kids...

Ah, fodder.

Nice technique, but kind of slow...

Almost pitiable how outclassed they are.

Oh-ho, Granny's looking this way!

Give him time to think, would you? How rude.

I suppose 'drowning the enemy in your corpses' is a common tactic for them...

I doubt they're buying, no.

Good to see he looks enough like the local version to pass for him. At least, to someone who isn't a complete idiot, like the Forever People.

Well, let's hope things go as planned.

Reveal Godspeech!

27. Mr Zoat

There's surprisingly little fanart of her, considering her use of whips and bondage-costume.
    Thank you, corrected.

28. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

I don't like the idea of siccing new enemies on the native Grayven, at the very least without investigating how he is running his empire. Because if Thanager 50 also had the Equality Plague like Thanager 16 did, then their conduct is probably the same in the preceding years. You know, fucking over the nation who cured the plague for them, and then set up a expansionist, racist, imperialistic government run by a military junta (and started indrocitinating the younger generation to be the same way), took over nearby inhabited worlds and treated the original occupants like second class citizens or worse (including concerted efforts to eradicate their original language, culture, and historical records) including the other sentient species that evolved on their planet. And topped it off by trying to not just conquer Earth but outright destroy it and effectively end the human race there.

If Grayven 50 does treat native populations who surrender to him relatively decently (or even just any better than the Thanagarians did), then he's actually a net improvement. Honestly, If I was going to get involved, it would be to go over and make sure none of the government or military that thought blowing up Earth as acceptable got away. Possibly even move on to the newer colonies settled with the jingoist soldier retirees and make sure they get dealt with also. Evacuate any children to one of those older colonies where the brainwashing hadn't spread so much. Tell the survivors they lost the rights to their homeworld due to the many and varied stupid mistakes they had made.

Isn't that a bit the pot calling the kettle black? How may Zoats has this story gone through by now?

Ngamer11, Vorian, Cuchulin and 7 others like this.
  29. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

can I get a bet on withstood?

Prince Charon and Lord Ernest like this.
  30. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Aye, I hadn't thought of that until after i posted. Honestly I'd probably bet on withstood as well.