1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Hey, that's not fair, I don't like the character but it's not like Kal-El knows he has a son here. I don't really know how he'd react to having a son with Lashina during one of the worst periods of his life, but until we know it's not his fault at all. The stuff with Kon is totally different, that's 100% on him.

2. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Which wiki is that? I checked the DCAU one and her actual wikipedia entry, but neither mention a child, that I can see.

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

From her DCAU wiki page:

'There was a planned script for Batman Beyond where Lashina and Superman's brief fling during the events of Legacy's ramifications were revealed. Lashina would have given birth to a son who deposed of Darkseid and became ruler of Apokolips, and also targeted Earth for invasion. Lashina secretly went to Earth and warned the Justice League about the invasion and teamed up with them to prevent it. During this time, Lashina would also reveal that he was Superman's son, causing the latter to feel guilt for not raising him. However, it was cut.[4]'

4. Bolo

Bolo Know what you're doing yet?

The question is are the heroes going to tell anybody about the kid.

Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  5. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Soooo, is Lashina's vag made of steel or something? Because yanno...

DAT_NOOB, Simonbob, Buggy123 and 4 others like this.
  6. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

I believe early on the phrase used was "hopped up elementals with delusions of grandeur", but OL seems to have moved far past that and now actively worships some of those "hopped up elementals".

Ardy, DAT_NOOB, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  7. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

It should be noted that he still thinks a lot of gods have delusions of grandeur, and their nature as arcane beings hasn't changed (and he always recognized their power). He's just met a few that he has legitimate respect for now.

8. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No, that's unfair because Superboy is not Superman's son, and clueless people demanding that it's the square hole's fault that a round peg isn't fitting who made a bad situation worse.

Vorian, Gantradies, Taisei and 9 others like this.
  9. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Man, I can't wait for this arc to conclude and to get back to Para-Paul.

Not because there is anything wrong with it. I've just had friends forcing me to wade through a pile of Quirkless-Izuku My hero academia fics and I really need some Empowered OL to wash that shit taste out.

Gantradies, Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I started reading one where he was sidekicking The Tick. I thought him getting All Might's power rather ruined it.

11. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Everyone's different. Just seeing "Sidekicking the Tick" and I've already lost interest.

Personally? I applaud MHA for coming right out and saying "Yeah, no special abilities? Then you can't do it. You'll just die." Eraserhead vs the Nomu comes to mind. He's about as Batman as it comes at that point.

Someone trying to push the edge-y "I hide in the shadows" while being so quick an nimble and nimble and quick and just oh so clever and gadgets.....is just missing the entire point. The ENTIRE point.

This goes double if Izuku is offered One for All and turns it down. I wish actual death on that character. That level of utter brain-dead makes me wonder how they don't drown in the shower.

Something like "Quick and Clever" Quirkless Izuku is just...draining all of the fun and interest out of the entire concept. Might as well just turn Lord of the Rings into nothing more then a cross country walk.

Although I do find it annoying when they write up that Izuku does have a quirk, usually one that everyone thinks is useless, and then it turns out that with a little outside the box thinking...it's a god damn nightmare power. Then he gets One for All anyway.

It's like...huh? But...but you put in so much work with your original creation. I mean, if you are that worried about it being passed down just...you know, have All Might NOT be so desperately injured.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  12. Jirachi

Jirachi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Random question: Since you said that Guy is near-peer to Paul, could he make a green lantern if you gave him a couple of rings?
    Has he gotten Sephtian to check out Gardener and Balewa's souls, since as enlightened beings connected to the spectrum they'd probably be the most useful reference point for his growth, even if it they aren't *exactly* the same even on sort of important dimensions...

infinityDivided likes this.
  13. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Old corrections:
    Broken link.

Should that be louder instead of larger?

*floats

Usually, you spell it out. Two Eight One Four B.

Broken link.

*our

Remove the middle quotation mark too.

I think that should be Though instead of Those.

I think that should be change schools.

Make instead of take.

Broken link.

It instead of I in the second line: but sadly for M'gann I only works on the caster.

And a * is missing from the telepathic sentence at the end.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  14. Threadmarks: Conqueror's Moon (part 13)
    Mr Zoat

27th December 2004
    18:59 GMT -5

Kara stares at me.

"Who are you and why are you in my apartment?"

"I know I told you to pick me up at seven, but I thought-"

Her face hardens and her fists ball. "Grayven."

"-that since I didn't give you a number or a forwarding address it really made more sense for me to come to you." I point to where the amulet makes it look like my face is. "Like the glamour?"

"Uhh." She gives me a brief once-over. "Beats being seen with you in public."

"Great! How do you feel about children?"

"What?"

"It's breakfast time in my home parallel, so my children are waiting for the most important meal of the day. If them eating with us will totally-."

"You have..? Children?"

"Yes. Didn't.. Scott say?"

She looks at me with an air of cautious suspicion. "No..?"

I frown. "What did you think happened to Lynne?"

"Who's 'Lynne'?"

Wait… Ah. No, she wasn't there for that bit, so if Scott and Barda didn't mention that they were handing Lynne over to me… So where were they keeping her before that, in their own home? All Lynne told me was that Scott and Barda looked after her. I just assumed…

"The telepath SHADE were using to broadcast the Anti-Life Equation? They were keeping her with the four who ended up joining Stormwatch?"

Kara shakes her head. "Why is she with you?"

"Scott and Barda handed her off to me."

Her eyes widen and she lifts slightly off the ground. "They did what?"

"Handed-." I raise my right hand to my forehead for a moment. "Okay, I think you're missing out on some rather pertinent data."

"Yeah I think so too."

"Anti-Life exposure caused serious spiritual damage to Lynne, far in advance of what Director Todd or the other children got. In order to fully repair her I gave her a portion of my soul to.. patch over the hole in hers."

She turns her glare down for a moment. "Why?"

"Because I hate the Anti-Life. I really, really hate it. If you haven't.. grown up with it, I don't think you can understand. The way it constantly leaches off your soul, saps your drive to build anything."

"You tried to take over the Earth."

"As I said at the time, I believe that I can run the planet better than any currently existing government. Destroying the place is the last thing I'd want to do."

"Did you already take over your Earth? Are you trying to collect the whole set?"

"By proxy, one or two failed states. I'm influencing a lot of others. But none of them had government agencies trying to use the Anti-Life. When a human military dictator takes power, they last… What, maybe fifty years? When a population is infected with the Anti-Life, that's it. They will never love or hate, experience joy or sadness… They're just.. not… people. That's what the Anti-Life is, what it does. It's why Darkseid likes it so much."

"Who's your dad."

I shrug. "I didn't pick him. Heck, my mother didn't even pick him."

"Ah..?"

"Desaad grabbed some human woman, wiped her mind and altered her to look like Kalibak's mother." I shrug. "So if you're trying to link me to him you're not going to get anywhere. And anyway, Darkseid has four sons. Three of them hate it and the other hates everything."

"Oh." She frowns, not quite looking at me. "So, that's Lynne. You said 'kids'."

"There's an Atlantean girl I'm fostering, and a group of vampire-succubus hybrids I picked up on an island."

"A-. Are they safe?"

I nod. "They are now that they're fully medicated and properly fed. Though I'd appreciate it if you didn't bring it up with them. I.. really emphasised the importance of them taking their medication, and the younger ones have developed a bit of a complex about it. Which is good, because it means they won't eat people any more-."

"They ate people?"

"They were starving. They had no access to other food that they could eat. And they ate their mother and older siblings. If I hadn't picked them up they would have eaten each other until only the youngest was left. It's not something they can control-. Well, maybe they could have learned to eventually, but with their parents dead there wasn't anyone to teach them."

"Um." She blinks, then frowns. "Wait, wait. How did they get Lynne to you?"

"What, Scott? Upgraded boom tube, same as I used to come back again."

"And that was… How long after you left?"

"About a month? They went to see your Grayven first, which was a bit of a mistake. I assume that things were a bit busy here at the time?"

"They… They didn't even tell us that you weren't our Grayven until-. And you'd already recovered from the nuclear bomb?"

"Yeah. Sure. Couple of days in the mana infuser and I was right as rain."

"I don't-." She shakes her head. "I don't understand. You tried to take over America, got hit by a nuclear weapon, escaped… You were fine a few days later. Why didn't you try again?"

I shrug. "You seemed to have things in hand. I might have been a bit pessimistic in my assumptions. I can admit when I'm wrong. That was part of why I decided to soft-pedal things on my Earth."

"No, no wait." She sinks to the floor, not looking at me. "I know Batman got in contact with Dick after you came through."

"Yes?"

"You attacked the Thanagarian ship after you found out that the President had been replaced."

"Not wanting to get into a constitutional argument, more or less."

"You already visited Scott and-. No." She looks at me. "No."

"Glad that's cleared up. Breakfast?"

"You-. You were faking?"

"Faking?"

"I thought it was weird someone gave Eliza a vial of speed formula right when-. Was that you as well? And you've got a power ring, so you could have called Kyle."

"I did call Kyle; the Thanagarians were trying to blow up-."

"I… Can'tBelieve-." She takes a moment to compose herself. "Why did you abandon your spy?"

Huh?

"What spy?"

"Corporal Guy Gardner."

"That was the man in the Stryker's Island facility? The one who tried using this ring-" I raise my right hand. "-on me?"

"The man who opened the vault for you."

Eh?

"Kara, I'm nearly as strong as you are. And I'd demonstrated that I could open boom tubes. Having the vault 'opened for me' saved me maybe ten seconds. Besides, I'd only just arrived. Even if Corporal Gardner had been willing to sell out, I hadn't had enough time to locate him and make him an offer."

"So why did he do it?"

"If.. I had to guess, because at that point he knew that your other weapons were worthless and wanted to get something that might actually work just in case you didn't reach the island in time. And he nearly did. If I hadn't recognised him from his alter ego on my Earth I could have lost that fight." I frown. "Wait, what happened to him?"

Kara looks rather uncomfortable. "He was.. sentenced to.. life in prison."

I snort. "Not to tell you how to do your job, but you might want to get him released."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  15. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

*thought

*children are waiting

A period is needed at the end.

*replaced

16. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

"Sure, I want to take over everything. But, that's just because I'd run it better. So, dinner?"

17. Taisei

Taisei Unsung Supporting Character

Oof, poor Guy. He just wanted to help and gets life in prison trying to stop an alien invader from getting access to super weapons.

That sounds like a super villain origin story if I've ever heard one. At least he didn't get a death sentence, that would have made the date pretty awkward.

18. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Kind of helps if she can recognise you, G-man.

Missing word here.

She seems shocked. What, he can't have kids because he's 'evil'?

The joy of off-screen action.

Yes, it does sound kind of bad...

And he knows that from personal experience.

The one upside of short human lifespans...

Boy, DeSaad is such a nice guy, isn't he?:mad:

And Cassie Cain?

Love how she just accepted the vampire/succubus hybrid thing so casually.

Which has almost certainly happening in OL's timeline... ouch.

Wow, did she not realise that?

Besides, there's always going to be some 'motherfucker trying to iceskate uphill' to deal with... Earth-50 is hardly a priority.

Well, her worldview has just been shattered.

Oh, boy, she's not going to have an 'it's all a lie?' moment, is she? Decide to muck everything up by going public?

Spy? What?

Yeah!

Seriously?

"If.. I had to guess, because at that point he knew that your other weapons were worthless and wanted to get something that might actually work just in case you didn't reach the island in time. And he nearly did. If I hadn't recognised him from his alter ego on my Earth I could have lost that fight." I frown. "Wait, what happened to him?"
    Maybe he just wanted a taste of superpowers. Especially if he learned from John Stewart that he was a candidate...

'Oops', Kara?

Heh. 'Every action has consequences' indeed. Hopefully she doesn't have too much trouble coming to terms with what she's learned...

19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    With the Frees.

20. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Is anti life=depression?

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  21. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

cassie cain was given to mr free

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  22. timeForced

timeForced Getting some practice in, huh?

Yes, Rene Grayven, blow her puny mortal mind! She can't handle the truth!
    Ah man, I've been waiting years for this scene.

23. Ashaeron

Ashaeron Know what you're doing yet?

It's basically permanent super-depression, except you're also not sad about it. A combination of lack of will to live, zero drive, and disinterest in the world, but also no interest in being interested, and no sense of loss because of it.

24. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Can anyone else hear the shit-eating grin on Grayven's face as the last horse finally crosses the finish line?

Or is it just me?

25. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Yay for smart Kara!

26. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

... So, he checked the apartment for listening devices, right?

It would be a bit awkward if the government found out about... just about any of that.

27. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Doesn’t matter. He has the public opinion, and the new current government probably isn’t interested much in changing it. Grayven = Space Hitler and Thanagar = Super Nazi Germany are both good messages for them.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  28. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Now for Flash II's, Kyle's, and Batson's reactions when they learn the truth. We should get a chapter where they react to it, it'll be hilarious!

Cuchulin, Relyt33 and Prince Charon like this.
  29. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Here, have some older corrections and a side of fries.

Heh, Kal-El is bad at being a parent.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  30. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Hey, I thought you said you didn't know how to use semicolons! Good job!