1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Obviously Lisa is now the suicidal one. She's switched places with Taylor in their dynamic.

Madus, kinglugia, Faraway-R and 9 others like this.
  2. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

It was a clone, though Ciara apparently doesn't know that.

kinglugia, Faraway-R, Divabot and 5 others like this.
  3. dasstan

dasstan :)

Or doesn't care. Her focus is pretty heavily weighted towards the passengers rather than the parahuman. With the exception of Eidolon, everyone she talks to is addressed by their title; a function of their passenger.

And poor Contessa gets labeled as the Serpent. It's not her fault she's Abaddon's minion.

4. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

You know what we need (besides that long-awaited Shadow Stalker interlude)?

A Legend Interlude. Just to see if he knows about any of these shenanigans going on behind the scenes...

...come to think of it, what has Legend been up to since Dragon left the Guild? He was on call for S-class threats, but beyond the Endbringers...well, there aren't many of those left, really. At least, not of the S9/Nilbog variety.

That's assuming, of course, that Brian hasn't become a nascent S-class threat himself, given his conspicuous absence...

kinglugia, Faraway-R, Divabot and 9 others like this.
  5. WindCall12

WindCall12 Well worn.

So it seems that Alexandria adopted Lisa. Makes sense.

6. Asunder

Asunder Getting out there.

God Damn, yes David you should definitely keep that copy power in hand. Hell if he got some tinkers to analysis it, we could get genuine large scale replicators. Not just death but any kind of physical loss would be inconsequential.

7. KaiserDrgn

KaiserDrgn (Verified Dragon)

TanaNari can't write about Legend. He's too well adjusted, level headed, and reasonable. I'm pretty sure Tana wouldn't know what to do with a character that wasn't barely holding themselves together, or using someone else to prop up their own psyche.

All joking aside, I would really enjoy seeing Legend pop back up. Doesn't need a whole POV chapter, but an appearance or mention of what he's up to would be cool.

Madus, Faraway-R, Divabot and 12 others like this.
  8. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

he's old enough for a mid-life crisis i'm sure that counts as maladjusted.

TanaNari likes this.
  9. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

But Arthur and Keith will be there to give him moral grounding.

.. okay, they're gonna die now, aren't they?

10. Snake/Eater

To quote the GRRm Reaper "All men must die" Valar Morghulis.... which could explain why the high female to male Ratio of the cast in Amelia.:D

11. snthsnth

snthsnth Versed in the lewd.

I'm not sure if this is actually good grammar, I never encountered it outside of two writers, both fanfic writers.

'The kitchen was also visible...' flows better in my mind.

EDIT: Also, in the last line of the same paragraph, the second 'was' should be 'were' due to plurals:

12. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

That was either a *really* happy coincidence. Or Wildbow's secret brilliance. Your pick.

No.

Nothing terribly interesting.

He was at the last Endbringer battle. He'll be at this one. That's all you're getting for the time being.

Divabot and Slayer Anderson like this.
  13. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

So Alexandria adopted Lisa, then?

Probably the better relationship option, really.

Surprised that she's so cheery around GU, especially with the touching. Perhaps she's taking refuge in audacity, trusting that GU will be too off-balance by harmless cheer. I doubt the Fairy Queen has seen much of that as of late.

14. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Why are there still people who take anything Lisa says at face value?

15. Trilonias

Trilonias I trust you know where the happy button is?

I dunno. I thought Lisa did everything there for a (just one? Perish the thought!) purpose. Some more discernible than others.

Poor Lisa. Also, can't wait till David is dead.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  16. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Which face?

17. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

"Had been used", perhaps?

... Is Lisa going to try to rehabilitate Ciara like she did Riley or something? I dunno, all I really got out of that was a ton of laughter.

Prince Charon and TanaNari like this.
  18. FullNothingness

FullNothingness Experienced.

Well, wouldn't the plot make sense if this was all a PtV from Abaddon to kill Zion and Eden and show up later to hoover up their remains? I mean from the perspective of Abaddon that would probably work out very neatly.

Xoden, Madus, doomlord9 and 10 others like this.
  19. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

I bet Tattletale is roleplaying Alexandria's daughter because the hand-holding mind-sex is dirtier and more disturbing that way.

Meanwhile, on the subject of scary children molesting people, it looks like Ciara and David have a chance at romance. Or perhaps mutual therapy. Not sure which of those is more hope-inducing; I'm sure they'll do the other one.

Hmm, if Cauldron is all about shipping children with grownups, that makes the origin story of Dr. Mom x Contessa only a little worse than usual. (Only a little worse because of the power disparity.)

As usual, Legend is the one guy who was left out of their dirty little secrets. (Legend: "I don't even like kids in that way!" Alexandria: "We know, that's why we don't invite you to the meetings.")

20. GiftofLove

The only time where it's actually the child abusing the adult. You don't get to say no to Contessa. She always finds a way.

21. dasstan

Considering that from the Scion interlude we know that the cycle cannot continue with just the Warrior... even if Khepri didn't end up happening, the Warrior only had a few thousand years of energy left. Abaddon could have chilled out until Scion was almost empty, swung by and finished the job without having to worry about a retaliation.

22. FullNothingness

FullNothingness Experienced.

Abaddon should have been fully capable of predicting Khepri right? After all it had an completely unrestricted PtV shard which it knew how to use and it had it before any of the others.

Of course Worm gets even more depressing if everyone that managed to survive gets killed by a third entity they didn't know about a couple of years later...

23. GiftofLove

Well, since it traded that shard, stands to reason it probably had a better version.

24. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Hmm, So it doesn't seem David and Ciara have a power interaction yet, but they're basically a buffet line for each other, so I'm sure it's coming.

Lisa's turned her act up to 11, but I'm still not sure what her angle is. Hopefully it isn't guilting Cauldron soft, because David did not give a single shit about her accusations. Although that could just be because he was too busy waiting to see what horrible death would befall her.

Crow is a.. cute name. In an alternate (identical) universe, I'd like to think she'd go by Hypatia.

25. Snake/Eater

26. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Non-comedy answer: grown-ups have experience and may be able to manipulate a child into changing her goals / values / etc., which is why there's an implied social power difference between kids and adults. Contessa can only use PtV for things she knows how to ask about, for concepts she already knows, and she can be wrong about choosing her goals even if she's always perfect in reaching those goals.

Comedy answer: Rebecca and Lisa slowed their pace a fraction as they approached the crosswalk. Lisa's right ear twitched, implying a covertly impetuous grin. Her pinky curled slightly. Hold your little girl's hand when crossing the street? Rebecca's nostrils and pupils dilated one millimeter, in synch, as she drank in the sight of her lover's feigned innocence. Three hairs of her eyebrow moved against the wind. Oh, she hoped there would be time enough tonight.

27. dasstan

It might not have bothered running it that far. It only needed to run PtV to kill one of the pair, after that the other one is a sitting duck.
    I can't wait until Zach or Vicky makes an "eat Crow" joke.

28. Snake/Eater

I'm glad the author did't go for a cat themed alias...:D

TanaNari likes this.
  29. GiftofLove

I'm a little sad it wasn't a dog themed one. Fuck I miss Bitch. She's like, my favorite Undersider these days.

30. Tamoline

Tamoline Getting out there.

I wonder if there's any chance that Crow is actually a clone of Lisa. It would put a different light to her comments about mommy. And (given how her clone might view itself) might explain why she seems a little unhinged even for her, because tweaking GU like this is awfully... risky.