1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Swingline#57

Swingline#57 Know what you're doing yet?

Makes that horrific death count from the Simurgh fight way back when seem pointless, doesn't it?

2. Leonidas333

Leonidas333 Well-Known Murderhobo

Don't worry about the low death count guys, now that the endbringers are gone, we can finally start world war 3!

3. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Some grumpy-pants might even say it's anticlimatic.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  4. TheFish3

TheFish3 (Verified Endbringer)

Meh, omelet, eggs, and the necessary breakage therein.

5. hellgodsrus

hellgodsrus Not too sore, are you?

Well, who wants to bet the Yangban will decide that now's a great time to attack everyone? Because they're dicks like that.

6. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Eidolon: "Hi my name is Eidolon and I control all 15 remaining Endbringers. Plus, I'm Eidolon."

Yangban: "What a good time for us to invade."

Not really feeling it.

7. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

One of the cancelled scenario in my not-even-started Worm IS fic involved Yangban attacking everyone in the timeskip, except all 20 Endbringers tell them to suck it and build a new Goddamned faction out of the ruin.

But like I said, cancelled because it's too damn ridiculous.

8. NewCloud

NewCloud Getting sticky.

From Saint's interlude:

How long will it take for someone to suggest that Eidolon is the Endmaker despite Tattletale's damage control? After all it was show that he is fully capable of controlling them using a secondary part of his main power, one that he has alway had.

sagemo, Divabot, Snake/Eater and 2 others like this.
  9. hellgodsrus

hellgodsrus Not too sore, are you?

Public: 'We've just thrown a completely accepting it Eidolon into the Birdcage, which we don't let people out of as everyone knows.'

Yangban: 'What a good time for us to invade.'

Of course Cauldron would pull him out and go 'Look, Endbringers!' but they don't know that. And even if they did, the possibility of getting their mits on Eidolon and adding him to the group might be tempting enough that they'd shrug and go for it.

10. AyiosKat

AyiosKat Know what you're doing yet?

So is the marriage going to happen now?

11. john doe

john doe Not too sore, are you?

30k people is a tiny price to pay to stop the endbringers. Anyone who didn't have a family member die will celebrate for the next week(the worldwide week of celebration will probably kill more people anyway)

the heroes have one less reason to let villains continue being villains, I mean there numbers are already lowdue to everything in this fic, but the anyone still accepting of them was cause they still volunteer at endbringer fights.

12. dasstan

dasstan :)

didn't mean to/hadn't meant to
    Poor Zach. I think Crystal is the only one that stopped casually murdering him after experiencing the pain of it first hand.
    I'm... not actually seeing how this is a big deal. Blame it on the Endbringer, engage party mode for having removed further Endbringers from play.

If the concern is other Earth's... leave them be? Aleph can be told the lie, the other Earth's don't need to know. Leave it as a mystery of the universe.

I like your priorities.

13. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

and if she'd start her own faction or do something much worse.

Snake/Eater and Divabot like this.
  14. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

No, the horrible thing about Eidolon killing 30K people was that the HUGE majority of them weren't anywhere near the fight, and had no idea they were in danger. A mother bathing her toddler in the tub, having to WATCH as the kid drowns in front of her. A pilot, just preparing to increase power to take off, doesn't, and the entire jetliner fireballs at the end of the runway ... and no-one has the slightest idea why.

He just racked up more of a kill-count, over a wider area, than most Endbringers did, in any single attack. And he deliberately sent out that command (probably so that no-one would interfere while he conferred with others for two minutes or more over how to present it).

I'm just about able to forgive him for controlling the Endbringers all that time. This time? Fuck, no.

15. PineTreeq

PineTreeq Know what you're doing yet?

Hah! I see what you did there.

16. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Should have been Gary Stu. :p

17. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Eurozone can be whatever he wants.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  18. PineTreeq

PineTreeq Know what you're doing yet?

I don't know if you aren't getting the joke or i'm not, but Eidolon was originally female, with the name Mary Sue.

19. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I'm posting a Teen Wolf Fan musician called Former Vandal's song "War PT. II" The Endbringer war is over,but the battle is not....

20. dasstan

I'm really not seeing how this is that bad. Simurgh went and made an entire city totally uninhabitable, then proceeded to murder a subcontinent. Gloopy Zombie Endbringer went and depopulated Paris.

Assuming that the Endbringers don't come back, it's a small price to pay. Yes, obviously the people that had to watch a loved one die are suffering, but even still... I can't drum up the moral outrage necessary to be upset over this.

21. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

I have a hard time believing that people would demand Eidolon go into the Cage. He just took out 15 Endbringers at once. Frankly, most people would be willing to accept a death toll in the tens of thousands. Heck, probably in the hundreds of thousands.

His position, plus those of his allies/coworkers, plus his extensive history of heroics make it seem very odd to me that people would call for his head after what amounts to an experimental weapon with high collateral. Some kind of punishment, but not the Cage. He's too important.

I'm sure Lisa will think up an appropriate solution, though.

And someone needs to tell that heckler in the back that Rebecca is Lisa's new friend, not lover. At least, that's what I've picked up from recent chapters.

22. dasstan

You say that like they're mutually exclusive concepts.

Prince Charon and Peanuckle like this.
  23. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

You must have missed the bit just recently where they held hands.

In public, no less. That was just lewd.

Divabot, cp252, evildice and 7 others like this.
  24. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Lets not jump the gun here. TanaNari is still adding bits to the story, and we all know it's going to get worse.

25. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

monitor the situation."

I'm not sure what the point of sending Eidolon to the Birdcage would be.
    1) Other prisoners might try to psychologically manipulate him.
    2) It wouldn't stop him from breaking out.
    3) I assume that the Protectorate isn't going to admit publicly that Eidolon was responsible for the attacks.

Lisa has a better plan, which I'm guessing is:

1) Pantheon pretends to have built a device that can hijack control of the Endbringers.
    2) ???
    3) Profit!

Divabot and Tenebrous Fantasies like this.
  26. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

wouldn't be more logical to just kill Vicky and Chevy?

dasstan likes this.
  27. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Damn it! I missed my chance to summon the grasshopper gag!

I got the impression it was indiscriminate at first and that it took him time to gain control of it/realize he should lay off. No one else seemed to know what was going on, so I don't think he was talking with anyone.

So this is what it takes to rattle Becky. Quite the high water mark.

doomlord9, Divabot, TanaNari and 4 others like this.
  28. Daunmi

Can't help but notice that Eidolon's been convinced by Glaistig Uaine that he, and everyone else, will be completely unable to do anything about Scion.

Now, I know that we, the readers, have outside knowledge that they can, but at the same time shouldn't Eidolon know that it's in GU's best interests (or at least what she wants) for no one to make attempts at killing or figuring out Scion? It really sounded when they were chatting that he's basically accepted it at face value. He knows he's unbeatable, to everything except Scion, so why should they bother?

Then again, I guess this might be the answer to his question about whether he or GU was higher up the hierarchy. Or after all this time he's convinced himself of it so she's just parroting it back at him.

sagemo, Sheaman3773, dasstan and 6 others like this.
  29. Empiricist

Empiricist GSV

. . . I'm still trying to decide if Eidolon is lawful stupid, or playing a manipulative game, or just feeling guilty because he's the endmaker (aka lawful stupid).

Okay so he killed ~30k people, and considering Dragon is giving the numbers I'm betting that within something on the order of +/- 500 (for non-math people that's +/- 50-5000 people). The population of Paris was wiped out recently, according to Google that's about ~2.1M people. Lets say another 30K was killed before he put everyone on earth in the corner, that's still reducing casualties by a factor of four. Yup Eidolon killed some people, but no-where near as many as he just saved. I'm betting we get to see Lisa all but draw blood telling him he's being stupid, or maybe Rebecca will do it, since they are co-workers.

30. Daunmi

Is that what they call it these days? :D