1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, redecorating. Something OL can most definitely make himself useful with.

"Sleeping on metal... How primitive..."

Funky. It'd be like a giant foam pillow...

Good to see him asking rather than just flinging bits around.

...I'll admit, that image makes me kind of teary myself...x3

Eh, she might not have a lot of the pure maltusian talents.

...Ladies... But, seriously, I'm picturing something more like a group of nuns...

Those in glass houses...

I wouldn't call it a fight...

But too much of a good thing can be bad in its own way.

One step closer to the War of Light... At least the Orange light has better representatives.

The joy of running a mono-color build. Opens up some strange conversation trees.

The joy of enlightenment.

Can you imagine what gaining Love enlightenment would be like? Or proper Rage Enlightenment?

Not if he doesn't want it to.

Ooh, orange crush burn.

I bet she had strong words when she arrived on Zamaron and saw the state of things...

Oh, my, OL. Giving someone other than your steady a ring? What would Jade say about this double-timing? :p

Honestly, OL could easily push into other lights, thanks to enlightenment.

Heheh. Rookie lantern, not an Illustres. Though that may change in time...

Some interesting interplay between Lanterns. I wonder what Arisia will do. This will certainly be an eye-opener for her.

Hell's Razer, Vorian, c3qo and 12 others like this.
  2. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

In this instance, "I don't understand." is functionally similar to "Why what?"

3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Good thing Paul doesn’t have a strictly human soul, unless you just mean physically (fingers are too small)?

Cuchulin, Norgarth, Navi-Hank and 5 others like this.
  4. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Deputy rinnngggg

5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

What's a tricot in this context, and which version of football?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  6. HatsAreHats

HatsAreHats Wears sunglasses at night

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1549f3379c9ee2cb9bd015d348ed3f19

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e77434e27f37df8050b8d508d83b3c48.webp

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30334/2097175-jla7013.jpg

It can be done. Of course the vast majority wouldn't be very effective at using them all at once because they aren't speshul. But if they are being outright given the Rings rather than needing to attract them by being exceptionally whatever emotion, a talented and experienced user with the right mindset could probably accomplish something.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  7. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Most likely the physical limitations in this context.

As for the purely psychological/spiritual/what-have-you limitations, I'd think that having the emotional... intensity/strength to use all of them is pretty much beyond anyone, unless they're using a White ring. The only example I've seen/read about is Kyle getting all rings at once after Blackest Night, and even then most of them broke after a few moments.

Well, that and a pic that I can't find at the moment that had Joker wearing all the rings, but I think that's either a fan pic or one of those "catch reader's attention so that they buy the comic, doesn't actually happen in the story" covers.

8. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I think it happened in a story, but I think it was a fanfic, possibly inspired by that cover (or I might be wrong about that, of course).

Navi-Hank likes this.
  9. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I'm going to pretend that Tula is biting her lip, withholding laughter, from watching Paul chuck a ring into Ghia'ta's face.

Vorian, Cuchulin, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  10. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Anger is, at its core, the feeling of "this is not fair, this is not just, this is not how things should be". Rage Enlightenment would likely run along the lines of "once you've fixed the problem you shouldn't be angry about it any longer. Identifying the problem requires the other emotions, Rage is just the means by which the injustices are resolved."

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Oh come on! The FAQ isn't even in spoiler tags any more!

12. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Jade: "You exchanged RINGS with a love chick!?"

"Yeah, I didn't think that one through."

13. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

The correct version, containing a ball and played using feet.

14. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

So kind of like how Debbie Devizo as "Heartshine" used the Heart of Amore to spread love, unlocking tender feelings in those who needed it.... but without having to siphon the love out of others to do it.

15. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

But what happens when you solve the last problem?

on an unrelated note has anyone been keeping up with dceased?

16. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Whoops. Didn't see that. Carry on then. I didn't bother reading the FAQ at the beginning because I've been reading since SB so I never really felt the need to start from the top.
    Please accept my apologies.

17. lefthandturnsignal

lefthandturnsignal Making the rounds.

Anyone else think that maybe he shouldn't have handed her a construct lantern ring? Seems like a bad idea, doesn't he carry a few spares for recruitment?

Cuchulin, Chaoswind and Navi-Hank like this.
  18. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Now I am curious about what a Lantern who can healthy use all the lights might look like. In that state could they produce White light?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  19. Shadaki

Shadaki Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

By your powers combined, I am Captain Prism!

20. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

The Guardians have been trying to do that for literally billions of years. It's simply not possible.

But for argument's sake, if there's nothing to be angry about then there's nothing to be angry about.

21. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Then you get to rest, obviously.

22. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature Not too sore, are you?

And watch the sun rise on a grateful, or at any rate depopulated, universe.

23. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Most Lanterns can healthily use all of the lights. Just not simultaneously or particularly well.

24. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Pretty sure it's the "on the same finger" part they were questioning.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  25. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

You said this, and all I could think of was:

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  26. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Wow. Property owners in England must be complete assholes. You have a problem with candlelight? Here we actually sell them in stores, and are able to use them without burning our houses down or suffocating ourselves.

Why are you suggesting she should get Batman's permission to be allowed have to use fire? I know there are differences between the Renegade and Paragon timelines, but I didn't know it went so far as Renegade mocking the senator about bad nanny laws (oh no someone got burnt, better ban fire) and Paragon seemingly a proponent exactly that sort of Nanny policies.

I mean, can you imagine the consequences if a fire got out of control and ran amok, burning down the mountain made out of rock, with nice empty corridors of stone separating the flammable stuff, just waiting to be set alight once it traverses those empty stone firebreaks! Oh whatever would the girl with the power ring do when confronted with the horrors of flame?

Surely Barman must suppress the soothing ambiance of natural firelight, out of fear of the mountain going up in smoke. Why if that happened, the number of mountains destroyed by the errant flame of man could rise as high as one!

You know, what with this being Halloween, I think the chances of me lighting some candles tonight is actually rather high, as they are wonderful for ambiance and also the illumination of Jack-o-Lanterns. So in the spirit of the season, lets all have a moment of silence while we mock all those poor English souls who in addition to talking funny, apparently lack the mental maturity and fortitude to be trusted with match or candle.

27. lefthandturnsignal

The mountain should have an HVAC system robust enough to handle a few candles, but enough to see well by? Among wood and linen furnishings? That's just a bit iffier. If the whole thing is concrete block and wire mold construction it's more a danger of smoke inhalation than fire.

I was going to complain about the lighting being fluorescent instead of LED, but then realized the YJ universe is quite a few years behind and LEDs kinda sucked around that time.

IsActuallyBatman likes this.
  28. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Have you ever lit candles? Scented candles get used fairly often, but when the power has gone out have had a candle lit in each room, and multiple in the living room. Nothing special about the house, and everything closed up, no door or windows open. Smoke alarms never went off. Properly made candles don't give off a lot of smoke, and what they do disperses quickly. If you are worried about smoke inhalation as a legitimate concern, then you are in a place with such bad ventilation you should be more worried about depriving yourself of oxygen during routine habitation.

Prince Charon, Navi-Hank and Ardy like this.
  29. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

It was actually Paragon who was mocking the Senator.

But I think there really shouldn't be fire in the cave, only like 4 members actually live there permanently and one of them is brainwashed into being extremely afraid of fire, using artificial light instead of candles just seems like the polite thing to do.

30. lefthandturnsignal

You are in a comparatively drafty house, not deep in a cave fortress. Depending on natural/artificial airflow it might not be a problem, but a fire is a more dangerous problem in a cave, and I'd expect candles and open flames wouldn't be allowed outside kitchen areas.

Not because a candle by itself is dangerous, but because it adds more things that can go wrong quicker than in an above ground structure.

Cuchulin and infinityDivided like this.