1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule 7 Question, and a question of reporting Mods

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Akuma-Heika, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

What qualifies here? I have seen people post on a dead thread, in ways I would think would qualify, but they still got warned, and even caused threads to be locked down. I would like more specifics on what is allowed, since it seems like the mods might be bots, since it doesn't seem to matter what is posted only who posted it, aka OP good, not OP bad.

Another thing is if a mod skirts, or outright breaks, a Rule, should we just Report them as normal? Happened to me once months back (maybe a year or two, now that I think about it), and I was pissed and after letting myself cool off, I just moved past it, but now I am wondering if I should have said something. It seems obvious, but considering that mods are likely the ones reviewing Reports, I was curious if more should be done or not, if I ever have the same issue (considering it has only happened to me personally once, and I might have seen one other case [at least I feel like I saw something that skirted Rule 1], it isn't commonplace [PRAISE QQ], this is more of a hypothetical than anything).

If you ask me what thread, I have no idea. I would guess one of the Questing or Creative Writing Boards, but that is all I could suggest. I don't even remember what was said, just that I think we got into an debate/argument, I apologized, and their response was far from civil.

Thanks for any answers!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

A contribution would be something like an omake or fanart, I believe. Alternatively bringing attention to the fact that the author continues the story/quest somewhere else. But it's honestly best not to necro :V

If you see a mod break the rules, you report them like normal users. If you want an appeal regarding a mod decision, PM tehelgee and politely explain your position and why the moderator decision should be changed.

Akuma-Heika and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. shade argost

shade argost Experienced.

I'd like some clarification for this rule myself since I just got a snips and ideas thread locked, for asking for snips for an idea I had.

https://forum.questionablequesting....k-shipping-emporium-ship-all-the-people.1833/

What I posted.
    The mod ruling.
    Oh didn't see this line to start with, eh I'll leave this here and still aks

4. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

Well, perhaps the mod thought it was a single-author snip thread rather than a collaborative one? I sure know that I would have thought that from the title.

I really hope that it doesn't end up locked forever (...and it would probably be locked forever, or at least really long, because the official "original author" isn't really active any more) over a misunderstanding... even if it's really the "misunderstanding" part that I'm most bothered with.

TCGM, Akuma-Heika and Ddmkm122 like this.
  5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

While this was on topic, certainly, we judged it was not substantive enough to avoid breaking Rule 7.